Not A Damsel in Distress

By WriterAnisha_2307

Previously titled as Arrogant's Smart Wife. ..... Abandoned on the next day of Marriage, Kavya is forced to l... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
Chapter Fourty Four
Chapter Fourty Six
Chapter Fourty Seven
Chapter Fourty Eight
Chapter Fourty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Part Sixty Five: Their Unconditional Love
Part 66: The Raichands'
Bonus Part 1: Honeymoon Preparation
Bonus Part 2: Honeymoon - 1
Bonus Part 3: Honeymoon - 2

Chapter Fourty Five

34K 2.4K 784
By WriterAnisha_2307

Living Room, Armaan's Mansion

At 7 pm, Armaan descends the stairs to leave for the dinner at Veer's place and finds Mary instructing a butler.

She dismisses him after seeing Armaan and asks, "Ready to leave?"

He answers with a nod, then asks, "Is everything ready for tomorrow morning?"

Mary senses the nervousness in his eyes and places her hand over his shoulder to assure, "It will be fine, Armaan. That girl deserves it and Kavya will be happy for her."

Armaan pinches the bridge of his nose and confesses, "I may sound selfish again, but I don't want to ruin the chance, she gave me."

Mary assures with a smile, "You won't ruin the chance, Kavya is a mature woman, she will understand."

He nods in response, when they hear the sound of footsteps and turns to find Kavya, descending the stairs. Armaan fails to control his eyes, which were drinking in her beauty. 

Kavya is wearing a long white maxi dress with floral print. Her hair is curled from the end and left open, while she has applied a natural makeup. A pair of floral shape rhinestone earrings are dazzling in her ears with a similar shape ring in her right hand and a silver watch in wrapped around her left wrist. 

She smiles at them and Armaan whispers to Mary, "She looks nice."

Mary mentally rolls her eyes and whispers back, "Nice as compliment is not even used by kindergarten kids nowadays. Call her gorgeous or elegant or stunning."

Armaan faces Mary, who nods in gesture to use one of the compliment, she suggested and he thinks to choose one.

Meanwhile, Kavya's smile drops, witnessing Armaan dressed in a black three piece formal suit.

She moves closer to them and Mary compliments with a smile, "You look angelic, Kavya."

Kavya replies with a thank you and faces Armaan, who tries to compliment her, "You...you..."

She stares at him with a concentrated frown and he sighs, conceding defeat, "You and I should leave." 

Mary shakes her head in disbelief, while Kavya denies, "No."

They frown and he asks, "Why?"

Kavya asks with doubt, "Are we going on a casual dinner or a business meeting?"

His frown deepens and she continues, "I feel, you are going to your office for a meeting."

Mary presses her lips to control her giggle, catching the intention of her words, though Armaan still remains confused.

Kavya asks, "Why are you wearing a formal suit? Shouldn't you wear something casual?"

Realisation drowns in his face and he informs sadly, "Sorry, but I don't have any casual clothes. I have always worn formals."

Now, Kavya frowns in confusion and demands with uncertainty, "During our meetings in Delhi, you wore casuals many times."

Armaan informs in a sad voice, "Those clothes were arranged by my mother, only for our meetings, but I left them in Delhi."

She lowers her gaze and responds with a sad "Oh."

He senses her sadness and offers, "I can order causal clothes, if you don't want me to wear formals. It won't take much time."

Mary smiles at his words and Kavya lifts her face to meet his gaze. A thought enters her mind and she decides to do so.

Kavya instructs, "Come with me."

Before giving him an opportunity to question her, she turns to climb the stairs. Armaan faces Mary, who encourages him to follow her and he obeys.

Kavya's Room

Entering the room, Kavya walks towards the wardrobe to open and pull out a small suitcase. Armaan walks closer and helps her to place the bag on the bed.

Then she faces him to inform, "When I was shopping for myself during our marriage, I had bought some stuffs for you as well."

Armaan demands in surprise, "You shopped for me?"

She nods and he asks, "Then why didn't you give me till now?"

Kavya plays with her fingers, while explaining, "I never got a chance to give you. First, you left for your business trip without informing me and later..."

She trails off, recalling the incidents happened from past one month and Armaan pinches the bridge of his nose, shifting his gaze aside.

Kavya composes herself and points at the bag to inform, "There are some casual clothes, perfumes and accessories. But I didn't buy any sports shoes."

Armaan informs after meeting her gaze, "I have sports shoes."

She offers, "You can choose anything you want."

Kavya opens the bag for him to choose and Armaan grabs a white full sleeves t-shirt with black horse illustration at the front, a black belt and dark blue jeans. He even grabs a Dior perfume.

He glances at Kavya for approval and she smiles with a nod. Armaan turns towards his room to change, only to stop, seeing her closing the bag and grabbing the handle to place it back in the wardrobe.

But he stops her and asks, "If everything is for me, then can I have the entire bag?"

Kavya raises her eyebrows in surprise and hesitates before allowing, "If you want, you can take the entire bag."

Armaan smiles before grabbing the bag from her hand and moving towards his room to change.

Unknowingly Kavya smiles, remembering the time, when she purchased those gifts for Armaan. That excitement, which died after that dreadful night, was slowly awakening with his efforts and it didn't scare her now. She was willing to welcome these emotions with open arms and a smile now.

Outside Armaan's Room

Kavya waits outside the room and soon Armaan exits his room, dressed in those clothes, he selected earlier with a pair of black sport shoes.

He feels uncomfortable and opens his mouth to complain, only to shut it back, observing a big smile, lacing Kavya's lips.

He notices her gazing him from top to bottom and moves closer to even find a sparkle in her eyes. 

Kavya comments with a smile, "You look exactly as I had imagined."

Her comment vanishes every ounce of discomfort, he was experiencing earlier and awakens an urge to wear such clothes often. If changing the dress code makes her happy, then he was willing to change his wardrobe for her.

Armaan walks closer and replies, "Thank you."

He asks for her hand, making her smile and she places her hand over his before making their way towards the exit.

Veer's Mansion

Kavya and Armaan enter the Mansion to witness a romantic moment of the lovely couple.

Veer's wife Sonam is sitting at one side of the couch, dressed in a long plain grey summer dress, showing off her baby bump. Her back is resting against the armrest and feet is stretched to the other side of the couch, where Veer is sitting and massaging her feet. He is dressed in a grey t-shirt and white casual pants.

Sonam asks, "Bunny, did you asked the chef to make my favourite lasagna?"

Veer answers lovingly, "Yes sweetheart, your favourite lasagna for main course and chocolate mousse for dessert will be made."

Sonam grins like a baby and states, "Awww I love you."

Veer responds with a flying kiss, "I love you and the little one too."

Kavya decides to interrupt them by faking a cough and asks, "Did we disturbed the love birds?"

Veer and Sonam turn to face Armaan and Kavya. They smile and Veer helps his wife to stand, so they can greet them.

Whereas Armaan observes a different level of joy in Kavya, her teasing eyes and childish grin were something new for him to witness.

Though his attention is soon grabbed by Veer, who gives him a casual hug and Sonam hugs Kavya carefully, taking care of her baby bump. Then Sonam and Armaan shake hands.

Whereas Veer greets Kavya in a dramatic way, "My highness, I am highly pleased with your extraordinary presence in my ordinary mansion."

Kavya giggles and Veer gives her a friendly side hug. They settle on the couch, Kavya and Sonam sit together, whereas Armaan and Veer across them. A butler gets whiskey for the men and Kavya chooses to give company to Sonam with juice.

Sonam initiates the conversation, "I was so excited to meet you both and especially Kavya, Veer spoke so much about you."

She faces Armaan and asks with enthusiasm, "Now tell me your love story."

Kavya frowns at her words, while Armaan informs calmly, "We had an arrange marriage. Our fathers suggested this alliance."

Veer informs Armaan and Kavya, "I told her numerous time in the past three days, but she doesn't believe me."

Sonam reasons, "Who will believe it after watching that romantic dance at the party. You two looked madly in love with each other."

Kavya lowers her gaze, remembering the dance and Armaan keeps staring at her.

Veer explains, "Who says only love marriage couples can have chemistry, even arrange marriage ones have, they just need some time to explore those romantic sides."

Sonam agrees with a nod and Veer turns to discover Armaan staring at Kavya intensely. He shifts his gaze to Kavya and finds her gaze fixed on her glass.

He thinks, 'Seems like they haven't explored their romantic sides and this businessman need an intense cupid's touch.'

Veer faces his pregnant wife and asks, "You wanted to show Kavya our baby's room, right?"

Sonam's eyes enlarges in realisation and she states to Kavya, "Oh yes, I wanted to show you our baby's room."

She stands carefully, placing a hand on her swollen belly and grabs Kavya's hand, while suggesting, "Come, we will return by the time dinner is set on the table."

Kavya stands and they start climbing the staircase slowly, whereas Armaan and Veer stay seated on the couch.

Once Veer hears the faint sound of door closing from upstairs, he turns to face Armaan and asks, "So, how did you and Kavya celebrate your one month anniversary?"

Armaan remembers Kavya's outburst from that day and answers with a smile, "We had a special dinner."

Veer asks with disappointment, "That's it?"

Armaan nods and Veer shakes his head in disbelief, while explaining, "Armaan, for the sake of Kavya, please be romantic." 

Armaan frowns in confusion and Veer continues, "See, we are not just business associates, we are good friends as well, so take my advice seriously. Women uses their heart more than brains unlike us, they need extra care, love and attention."

He shifts closer and advises, "You need to become a little romantic with your wife. I know, that's not your nature, but you can try for Kavya, right?"

Armaan informs after a sigh, "Honestly speaking, I am trying Veer, but sometimes I don't understand what to do and I end up disappointing her."

Veer chuckles and states dramatically, "Why to fear when Veer Rajput, the romance king is here. I will teach you my boy."

Armaan thinks after a sigh, 'First Vivan for grooming, now Veer for romance. My trainers are frequently increasing, but Mary said there is no harm in learning. There is always a first time, so I guess, this won't be a bad idea. Maybe this will make Kavya happy.'

Veer initiates his training without taking Armaan's permission, "So tell me, what you call Kavya in private?"

Armaan stares at him in confusion and informs, "If her name is Kavya, then I will call her with her name itself, right?"

Veer slaps his forehead and shifts more closer, before explaining, "See Armaan, in Public, you can call her Kavya, its fine. But when in private or bedroom, call her with a lovely nickname such as Love, Honey, Sweetheart, Cupcake etc."

Armaan thinks, 'How would I call her with nickname in my bedroom, when she has separate "rented" room.'

Veer asks with uncertainty, "Are you understanding buddy?"

Armaan replies, "I will think of a nickname and start calling her with the same in private."

Veer shows his thumb and compliments, "Good and now tell me how do you greet Kavya in the morning after you wake up, before leaving for work, after returning from work and at night before sleeping?"

Armaan stares at Veer in confusion, who slaps his forehead after understanding his facial expression.

Veer thinks, 'This man needs total renovation. God bless me.'

Baby's Room

Kavya's eyes sparkles, observing the baby's white room, which has white textured walls and pure white marble flooring. A white round bed with safety borders is placed at the middle and two large white wardrobe with hand painted pastel stars and moon is places at the right side.

Sonam informs, "This entire room is designed and created by Veer."

Kavya compliments, "It feels as if Veer has created a personal heaven for the baby."

Sonam sits on the white armchair and agrees, "True."

Kavya sits on the similar armchair besides her and states, "You are lucky to have Veer, he truly loves you and the baby."

Sonam blushes and replies, "I know."

Kavya continues to absorb the beauty of the room and Sonam asks with excitement, "Have you and Armaan thought of having a baby?"

Kavya shifts her gaze to Sonam in shock and informs after composing herself, "Not yet, it's too early to think of having a baby."

Sonam slaps her forehead playfully and apologises, "Oops, sorry. It's just a month to your wedding and I am asking for baby. Now is the time to have some fun."

Kavya relaxes, but Sonam's next question again shocks her, "Kavya, tell me how romantic is Armaan?"

Kavya thinks, 'Only if I knew.'

However she smiles and manages to answer, "He expresses his affection through caring, he takes best care of my comfort and fulfils my every wish."

Sonam responds with an Aww continues to ask questions and Kavya manages to give a satisfying answer to avoid doubts.

Bar

Armaan and Veer arrives at the bar and Veer dismisses all his servants. He himself prepares a drink for them, as they sit on the bar stool.

Veer explains, "Armaan, keeping your woman happy is not difficult, if you show your affection and love in small gestures. As I asked earlier, how you wish or greet Kavya. See, these are small opportunities to show your love."

Armaan listens obediently and Veer continues, "You can wish Kavya with a kiss on the forehead or cheek, but forehead is better. You can hug her or hold her hand or feed her with his hands. You know these are small gestures, but they count a lot."

Armaan nods and Veer asks, offering his hand, "Show me, how you hold her hand?"

Armaan holds his hand in the down facing palm way and Veer shakes his hand, while informing, "No, no. This is common way of holding hands, you do with anyone and everyone mostly. Husbands should have a different way to hold hands with their wife, which shows affection towards her."

Veer demonstrates a Loosely and Tightly Interlocked Fingers hand hold, then One Finger hand hold and most importantly, a My Lady hand hold.

Armaan mentally makes a note of everything and practices the hand holds to understand perfectly.

Veer guides him to caresses the finger and hand soothingly, as Kavya will find it more affectionate.

But Armaan tights his grip more than necessary in the Tightly Interlocked Fingers hand hold. It makes Veer whine and pull his hand away from his hold.

Veer scolds, "Armaan, be gentle and affectionate. Don't hold so tight, you might break her finger. Show me again."

Armaan apologies and practices again. But Sonam and Kavya arrive at the same time and halt at their spot abruptly, watching their husbands, holding hands.

Sonam demands with the frown, "What the hell are they doing?"

Armaan caresses Veer's knuckles after lacing their hands and they grin at each other as it was perfect.

The women's eyes grew large, witnessing their actions and Sonam demands, "I agree, Armaan is handsome, but am I not beautiful enough? Or is my growing weight post pregnancy responsible for Veer to turn gay?"

Kavya shakes her head to avoid thinking negatives and assumes with doubt, "No Sonam, it can be one of those best friends hand shake....maybe?"

Sonam denies, "Veer is childish, I know, but their behaviour is not at all friendly. Look at the way, they are holding hands and smiling like a newly married couple."

Kavya stares at their actions, feeling her own doubts rising and Sonam asks dramatically, while caressing her baby bump, "How will I explain this situation to my baby?"

Kavya fails to stop from asking, "How will I explain THIS situation to my parents?"

She realises what she said and shakes her head, dismissing her wild thoughts and mentally scolds herself, 'Shut up Kavya, she is pregnant and isn't thinking straight. But you have your senses in check and Armaan cannot be gay.'

Kavya assures, "Sonam, calm down. They are-"

Sonam interrupts, "I can't calm down, I am seven months pregnant with Veer's child. I need find out, what is happening here."

She asks in a louder voice before Kavya can stop her, "Having fun boys?"

The men jump at their spot and get to their feet, separating their hands. They stand awkwardly as their wives walk closer, eyeing their husbands suspiciously.

Sonam demands, "What were you two doing?"

Veer scratches the back of his neck nervously and attempts to answer, "We were.....we were just..."

Sonam demands impatiently, "Just what?"

Veer makes an excuse to escape, "Oh come on, Sonam. We were just shaking hands in-between a deep business conversation. Nothing else, come let's eat dinner."

But Sonam stops him, "No, I need to know, what was happening here because it was more than just a handshake."

She glares at Veer, while Armaan attempts to handle the situation and not get exposed in front of Kavya, "Sonam, we were just talking of the project. Veer said the board of directors is still nervous, so I need to be careful."

Sonam seems unconvinced and her pregnancy mood swings kick in, resulting in her next question to Veer, "Have I become so ugly that you have turned into a gay and want to have snatch Kavya's husband?"

The men asks in union, "WHAT?"

Veer and Armaan face each other before moving away from each other in panic, while shouting, "WE ARE NOT GAY."

Unknowingly Kavya sighs in relief and mentally scolds herself, 'See, he is not gay and you were listening to a hormonal pregnant woman's words.'

While Veer moves to hold his now crying wife and assures, "Baby, I am not gay and you are anything, but ugly. Pregnancy has made you more gorgeous, trust me."

Sonam continues to cry and complains, "NO! I look like an ugly whale and you were flirting with Armaan to snatch him from Kavya, I know."

Armaan rolls his eyes in annoyance with her silly complains and moves closer to explain, "Sonam, Veer and I were not-" he clears his throat and continues bitterly, "Flirting and he wasn't snatching me from Kavya."

Veer explains in a soft tone after wiping her tears, "Yes, my Cupcake. Why will I turn into gay when my beautiful is giving me the most precious gift in the world?"

He caresses her baby bump and Sonam asks with teary eyes, "So, you still love me?"

Veer confesses with affection, "Yes, I love you and will keep loving you till my last breath."

Sonam faces Armaan and asks after a sniff, "Do you love Kavya?"

Armaan freezes at his spot, hearing her question and opens his mouth, only to shut back as no words seem to escape his lips.

While Kavya lowers her gaze, well aware of the answer and feels her heart twisting in pain.

Sonam cries, while complaining to Veer, "See, he is not answering."

Veer pleads Armaan with his eyes to say something as Sonam was crying again.

Armaan pinches the bridge of his nose and hesitates to speak, but Kavya moves closer to grab his hand, making him stare at her with a frown.

But she faces a weeping Sonam and explains, "Sonam, I don't need words to know my husband loves me."

Armaan stares at her in surprise as she continues, "And making our husbands confess their love to us for a silly doubt. Is it right?"

Sonam lowers her gaze and Kavya explains, "I know, your body has changed and these pregnancy hormones are overpowering your thoughts. But doesn't your heart already know, Veer loves you and the baby so much. He does everything in his capacity for the two of you."

She faces Armaan and continues after meeting his gaze, "And Armaan, he takes best care of me. He agrees to everything I wish and doesn't stop me from doing the things, which I love. He supports me in my every decision and thinks of my comfort over his own."

Armaan continues to stare in her eyes and reads the sincerity in them, which makes him believe, these words were not just to calm Sonam, she meant them.

His lips curl up to a smile, making her smile as well before turning to face the other couple.

Sonam apologises, "Sorry boys, I didn't mean to hurt either of you."

Armaan shakes his head after facing her and states, "We know, don't apologise."

Veer hugs his sad wife and consoles, "Yes sweetheart and now leave this topic, it's time for you and the little one to have dinner. But first give me your beautiful smile, come on."

Sonam shakes her head with a sad pout and Veer drags her towards the dining room, while consoling her to not be sad and smile.

Whereas Armaan stays rooted at his place, as an urge to explain Kavya of what she saw earlier, develops in his senses and he walks towards her.

He starts explaining, "Kavya, I and Veer were just-"

She stops him by informing, "You don't have to explain anything. I can understand, two friends might have some personal moments or activities, which they keep to themselves. Even I and Ruhi keep certain things to ourselves, we don't even share with Myra."

Armaan sighs in defeat, walking towards her and grabs her arms to pull her closer. He leans forward to joint their foreheads and takes a deep breath.

He confesses, "Sometimes, I don't know what to do with you."

Kavya frowns and he continues, "You always handle every situation perfectly. First, you covered my mistake of leaving you, in front of your parents and now this. I always end up as a disappointment."

She denies, "No, you don't."

Armaan smiles sadly and promises, "I will tell you, what I and Veer were doing at the right time."

Kavya smiles with a nod and he moves his face to plant a kiss on her forehead, making her close her eyes.

He whispers, making her open her eyes, "Thanks for always understanding."

Armaan moves back to face her and entwines his finger with her, before taking her to the dining room for dinner.

During the dinner, Sonam was back to her cheerfulness and she shared some funny incidents of Veer. They talked and shared laughs on many more memories shared by Veer of his and Armaan.

After having desert, Veer and Sonam give the wedding gift to Armaan and Kavya, which is a couple watch.

Kavya's watch has Armaan's name engraved at the back side of the watch and Kavya's name is engraved in Armaan's watch. They happily accept the gift and leave after bidding bye.

Armaan's Room

Armaan enters his room and moves towards his wardrobe to change when he finds Mary is sitting on his bed.

He frowns, while asking, "Mary? What are you doing here at this hour?"

She stands, not uttering a word and forwards him a bunch of papers, she was holding.

Armaan grabs them with a frown and lowers his gaze to read the content.

His eyes widen in shock and he faces her to ask, "Are you serious?"

Mary shrugs and states with a forced grin, "I am trying to help, so you can compliment Kavya without hesitation and mistake."

Armaan stares at her in disbelief as she informs, "There are 208 words and 120 statements to compliment a woman."

His eyes widen in shock and she completes, "WITH MEANING, so you know, what and when to use them without making a fool of yourself."

Armaan rolls his eyes and speaks through gritted teeth, "Mary, your work involves managing this Mansion, and cooking for me and Kavya. So, back off from tutoring me NOW."

Mary shakes her head in negative and Armaan states after a sigh, "Mary, I had enough tutoring session for today. You can come tomorrow."

She asks with a frown, "Who gave you tutoring session today?"

Armaan shares the lessons with Veer and Mary gears up for another task, "Means, I need to make another list for endearment. Only one word isn't enough."

He immediately denies, "No, you have already made this bunch, not another."

But she scolds him in response, "You never complained, while reading massive business books and huge contracts. Now study this bunch, I will prepare next bunch of endearment, which will be best for Kavya."

Before he can stop her, Mary leaves the room determined to complete her new mission.

While Armaan sits on the bed and counts the number of pages before murmuring, "42 pages and more coming soon."

He sighs, but nevertheless grabs his specs to wear and starts reading with a hope to make Kavya happy.

************

That's all for now.....will update next part as soon as possible.....hope you liked this part, do give your reviews...till then Keep Smiling and Take Care

My contact details:

Wattpad Profile - @WriterAnisha_2307
Email- sweetyanisha2307@gmail.com
Hangout- sweetyanisha2307@gmail.com
Facebook - Anisha (Link - https://www.facebook.com/worldofanisha)
Twitter - worldofanisha
Instagram- Anisha_23_07

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 154K 69
𝑨𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒗 𝑲𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒚𝒂𝒑,is a rich businessman of the state. His wife Kavya was the only love of his life. He had a crush on her since their college...
926K 3.3K 7
Standalone Some stories begin after marriage, intertwining two souls that complete one another. Adhiraj/ Rishav Ranawat A hot, dashing man who runs a...
141K 8.3K 68
Twenty-four-year-old Kashvi Acharya doesn't want to get married. Especially when she's at the turning point of her career. She wants to work, progres...
8.1K 977 15
◇𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄◇ ~𝐀 𝐉𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲♤▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎♡𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧~ Have you ever thought, whe...