Survivors

By Heartless9849

Valentina Katrina DelliBovi. The name fit for a princess. When the apocalypse comes, so did her royalty. Her... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Survivors Part 2!

Chapter 14

110 4 1
By Heartless9849

Chapter 14

-V. K.

It was a week before we could leave the hospital, and another month before we were well enough to walk and get back to our lives. But that didn't stop us from doing active things, if you know what I mean. After released from the infirmary we were finally alone to be able to do what we wanted.

After another month of being well, we were cleared for fighting again. It took lots of convincing to get my parents to allow me to stay in the army but eventually I got them to agree.

The search for my siblings is still going on but we're so close. I think Emmett's been looking for us because they've tracked him somewhere in New York.

Jared's leading a team to search for him and hopefully he'll find him. But I still worry about if we'll ever find Erika again. I'm hoping she's been searching for us too.

"What're you thinking about?" Carter pulls the covers up around my naked body and props his head up on his elbow.

"My siblings. I'm worried we wont find Erika."

"We'll find her. We've nearly found Emmett, we'll find her too. I know we will." He smiles and looks at the ring on my finger. "2 months already.."

"2 months till the rest of our lives." I smile and kiss his cheek.

Both of our phones buzz and I groan. "I don't want to leave the bed."

Carter laughs and pulls himself away from me to get out of bed. "I tried to get you to stay out of the army. You're the one who refused."

"Ugh, I know. I'm stubborn, get used to it." I smile and drag myself out of bed.

"Oh believe me, I have." He smiles and plants a kiss on my head before pulling clothes on. I grab my clothes and reluctantly force myself to get dressed. "Now that's a sad sight to see," he winks and I blush.

"Come on, let's go see what the director needs." We leave his apartment and head to the breifing room.

"A group of survivors has been spotted by a drone, held up in a convenient store right outside of the city. Extract them and bring them to safety. From what we've seen, the vampires aren't very populated there. But be careful, that could have changed." He shows a picture of the survivors held up in the store.

Leaning closer, I examine the people. Then the blonde girl, with familiar blue eyes registers in my mind. "Erika.."

"What?" Carter looks at the photo.

"Its Erika! We have to go, now!"

"Calm down, we will. Don't rush, you know mistakes happen when we rush."

Sighing, I nod and we gather the team and gear up.

My sister. I finally found my sister.

------------

The drive is long and nerve wracking. When the car comes to a stop, I'm the first to jump out. We're stopped a block away from the store and examine the perimeter.

My stomach turns, something that's been happening a lot lately and I hunch over.

"Its happening again?" Carter rests his hand on my back and moves my hair away from my face.

I nod and force the nausea away. "I'm fine, I'm not going to let myself be sick. I'm going to be fine."

"Are you trying to convince me or yourself?" He laughs and looks me over to make sure I'm okay.

"Both," I smile and turn to the team. "Let's get going."

We peer around the corner and look at the store. A few vampires are growling outside, trying to break in. Taking aim, I start shooting at them. The rest of the team follow my suit until every last one drops dead.

The door bursts open and people emerge from inside. There's about 7 of them.

And that's when I see her. "Erika!" I run towards the group and thats when their guns go up. They aim at me and I freeze.

"Val! Get back!" Carter yells but I don't move.

"Stop! That's my sister!" Erika shouts at them and runs towards me.

As soon as she reaches my arms, tears spring from my eyes. "I thought we'd lost you forever!" I sob as I clutch onto her for dear life.

"I've been searching when I came across the others. I heard of a sanctuary in the city, and I came to see if I'd find you there." She cries and hugs me. She's small, only 5'6. But I know she's strong. Her hair is a dirty blonde, unlike my dark hair but it has the same curls that mine are. Her eyes are a light blue like mine and she's more beautiful than I remember.

"Val look out!" Carter yells from behind and I turn to see a vampire running straight for me. I shove Erika out of the way as the animal tackles me to the ground. It snarls and snaps its head at me, trying to bite me.

A gun goes off and it falls limp beside me. Erika yanks it off and helps me to my feet. Carter is by my side in a second. "Are you okay!?" He eyes me up and down and I laugh.

"I'm fine, come on. Lets get the others back." I smile and the rest of the team leads the group to the cars. "Erika, this is my husband, Carter."

"Damn sis, he's hot." She smiles and shakes Carter's hand.

I laugh, "I know." I wink at Carter and he wraps his arm around my waist. "Come on, mom and dad will be thrilled to see you."

-----------

"There you guys are!" Jared comes running up to us as we exit off the van. His team along with a group of survivors they found are in the garage unloading the vans. "Come with me," he practically drags me away. I look back at Carter and Erika who follow close behind.

He pulls me over to a van and I can see feet beneath the door, someone unloading equipment from inside. "Go ahead," Jared nods to the van and I walk around the door.

A cry escapes my lips and I practically pounce on my brother. "Emmett!!" His dark hair is shorter than I remember, sweeping across his forehead and sticking up in a boyish way. He's taller, maybe 6'3 now.

He's so taken aback, he drops whatever equipment was in his hands. "Val?" He hugs me tightly and spings me around.

The sick feeling hits me again, which doesn't usually happen when things spin but it does now. "Too much spinning, I'm gonna be sick!"

He laughs and sets me down but keeps hugging me. "I can't beleive I've found you guys!"

"Erika! Come here!"

She peers around the corner and jumps on us. We hug each other tightly, finally reunited after all these long years. My stomach turns again and I yank myself from their arms and run to the nearby trashcan. I can't fight it this time and all my breakfast comes right back up and into the trashcan.

"Val are you okay?" Emmett runs up and Carter's beside me in a second, holding my hair back.

"I think I have the flu or something." I lean back, feeling slightly better than before.

"I think you should see a doctor," Erika rests her hand on my shoulder.

Nodding, I let Carter lead me to the infirmary. My siblings follow behind and we all start catching up.

My parents have caught word of my siblings' arrival and join us in the infirmary while we wait on the doctor for the results.

They embrace each other, and my mother's practically balling her eyes out.

"Mrs. Reeves?" The doctor knocks and peaks her head in the door.

"Yes? Is it the flu or something?"

"No, actually. You're pregnant. 8 weeks I would say." She smiles. "Congratulations."

I look up at Carter and he smiles, picking me up and spinning me around. I giggle and wrap my arms around his neck. "So I take it your happy?"

"Very. We're going to have a baby!" He smiles and leans down, kissing me.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

-------------

The End!!

Let me know what yall thought! I know it was a short book but I hope you all enjoyed! I plan to make this a series so stay tuned for part 2! Love yall, xoxo!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

275 2 34
19 year old Tamsin Roselin is a strict A student who has no friends and gets bullied in school. She ran away from her family at the age of 12 and has...
127K 6.3K 27
After the bloody death of her parents when she was eleven, Kara Dosnia has lived in more than four different Villages. All of which have been decimat...
223K 8.6K 32
You may have read stories with the same kind of plot but I have some plot twists here and there in mind, so read on to see what is in store. Rose Ki...
801 65 7
What would you do as a lady, if you were forced into disguising yourself as a man in a cruel world such as the Mafia? I mean, it's either you get blu...