Prepper

chavez243ca द्वारा

What happens to a family when society fails? What happens to society when civilization comes to an end? When... अधिक

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Part One - Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One

Introduction

8.5K 156 10
chavez243ca द्वारा

A tale of survival. What happens when society crumbles, when the power goes out and the store shelves go bare? Do people band together, or does the rule of law and sense of community give way to mob mentality and survival of the fittest? Connor and his family are unprepared for the apocalypse, but how far will a man go to save his family? How far will he go to just survive?

 This is a piece of speculative fiction I'm just writing to write, just stretching my legs so-to-speak. I am fascinated by the precarious nature of our civilization, it's like an inverse pyramid, or worse a flimsy house of cards. Events in recent history like hurricane Katrina, 9/11 and other disasters give us a brief glimpse at the real essence of man. I intend to pursue that in this story.

This is a bit of a creative writing sandbox, even the title is well, a working title. This is also my first foray into the first person present tense narrative. Trying to figure out if I like this narrative mode, but I have to be honest, it seems like a bit of a fad. Of course, I think Hemingway did it, so it can't be all bad.

Also, this will like get an R-rating pretty fast, the language will be salty and the themes could get dark.

By Rick Chisholm

Copyright © 2014 Rick Chisholm All Rights Reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or in any means – by electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise – without prior written permission.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

After Sunset FabyPip द्वारा

लघु कहानी

63 8 22
Nina feels abandoned by Helen, so she chooses to go back to her old village with their little son Jonathan, facing a dangerous world because of a zom...
904 1 105
People fear death for many reasons. For some, the fear of what comes after. The fear of being forgotten. A threat to the meaningfulness of life. Bein...
Slipped: Book One Cheyenne Obacz द्वारा

रहस्य / थ्रिलर

3 0 7
Despite the world going into absolute silence, a family of three embark across the nation to find shelter and others. One thing begins happening afte...
20 0 6
In a ravaged post apocalyptic America overrun by the undead, two survivors embark on a journey to find refuge. Lena is alone, exhausted, and near her...