The Best Worst Road Trip | ✔

By Jesseybaby

Four friends. Rita June - the one saving herself for marriage. Bradley O'connor - the trapped one... ... More

Chapter One - I declare a road trip!
Chapter Two - Sink it!
Chapter Three - To hell with you!
Chapter Five - Big tough bikie...isn't tough?
Chapter Six - Snap goes Janet!
Chapter Seven - All night with the childhood best friend
Chapter Eight - Will ya be my date?
Chapter Nine - Puke girl
Chapter Ten - The perfect end to the not so perfect start

Chapter Four - Break up only to make up...wait that's not right

1.5K 22 5
By Jesseybaby

AN: music is great inspiration for this book. i'm not joking either. vote and comment if you like! feedback would be awesome

***

Chapter four – break up only to make up...wait that’s not right

Bradley’s POV

Rita kept going on and on about how they shouldn’t have gotten in the car. I was internally dying. Rita was always complaining about people and saying they should do this and that but she’d never do it herself.

‘they’re complete idiots, what if they get raped?’ she bit her lip and I rolled my eyes.

‘they have fight’

‘which is why I’m scared. What if they were drugged?’

‘you know they would never let that happen’

‘I don’t care’

‘then why did you just walk away and let them get into the car?’

‘because...I was annoyed about my car’

‘you’ll get over it and besides Dane said he’d buy you another one’

‘what about our clothes?’

‘hey at least we didn’t leave you’ I said and she raised a brow.

‘you’re an asshole’ she grumbled slapping her hand straight across my face. I flinched clutching my cheek. She walked ahead and I growled.

‘we’re over, Rita’ I grumbled walking straight past her. She froze on the spot and her whole face dropped.

‘Bradley, don’t say that’ she said but I shook my head and kept walking.

‘no thanks, you’re way too much work’

‘no I’m not’

‘go and save yourself for some other guy. Next town I’m getting laid’

‘Bradley’ she cried and I rolled my eyes.

‘don’t care, Rita’

‘why? We were so perfect’

‘no you were so perfect, I was just some guy on your arm for display’

‘no you weren’t, you know you were more’

‘was I? Gee I didn’t even notice’ I grumble letting my hand fall to my side. My cheek still stung but not as bad.

‘you dumped me because I slapped you didn’t you?’

‘no, I’m just sick of it. You never want to do anything, you barely even kiss me’

‘that’s why?’

‘I’m a guy, Rita. You know what I was like before; you can’t just give up and wait for marriage’

‘this is about sex?’

‘no’

‘then what is it about?’

‘it’s about you being an uptight bitch’

‘excuse me?’ she exclaimed and I rolled my eyes smirking.

‘you heard’

She fell silent after that and I was thankful. When I said next town I was getting laid I wasn’t joking. You have no idea how many times I’ve just wanted to ditch Rita and bang the closest girl in sight. Rita never tried anything, she didn’t even kiss me. The closest I ever got was a cheek.

I ignored her the whole way to the next town. I spotted the first gas station and went straight to it without asking Rita. I walked inside and spotted Dane and Janet. I smirked and walked over to them. They looked physically fine so I guess nothing happened to them. I sat down and watched Rita walk in and go straight to the other booth across the sitting area.

‘hey guys’ I greeted and they nodded.

‘have fun walking?’ Janet asked winking at Dane. Okay...

‘barrels’ I grumbled sliding in next to Janet. Dane had his feet on the seat and I just couldn’t be bothered to tell him to move. My feet hurt and I was hungry.

‘why’s Rita sitting away from us?’ Janet asked slurping up her milkshake.

‘she hit me so I ended the so-called-relationship’ I said and Dane smirks nodding in approval.

‘nice’ he commented and Janet rolled her eyes.

‘really? What else happened?’

‘Not much’

‘so you’re free single and seriously ready to mingle?’ she asked biting her lip excited.

‘you could say that but first I really need to get laid’ I said and they both laughed. Across the room Rita kept glancing at us and rolling her eyes. Honestly, I couldn’t care less what she thought now.

‘so what happened to you two when you got here?’ I asked and Dane groaned.

‘don’t’ he warned Janet who smirked and turned to face me.

‘Dane had his very first male stripper experience’ she said and burst out laughing. My mouth fell open and the look Dane gave me confirmed it. I laughed and he groaned hitting his head to the table.

‘how was it?’ I asked in between laughter and Dane rolled his eyes finishing off his drink.

‘worst day of my friggin life’ he grumbled.

‘and the nights only just begun’ Janet said giving us a look that definitely meant trouble.

Rita’s POV

Look at them. Sitting there laughing and joking around. Why did I have to agree to this stupid road trip? I could have come here myself and frankly I could have been half way there now but no, we were barely a quarter of the way there.

They just sat there laughing and probably devising a plan for the night. I was hurt. How could Bradley just break up with me? I didn’t even mean to hit him, I just...I just flipped and had to do something. I hadn’t been thinking. Now he was probably going off to sleep with some other girl.

I was saving myself for marriage but when Bradley was around all I wanted to do was just rip his clothes off and do him there. I always waited for him to kiss me or something, the lady should never start it, but he never did.

Maybe no one really wanted me like they always said. Maybe I was destined to be alone for forever. I didn’t want to be alone. I wanted to find the right guy and have kids and grow old with my husband. I could see now that Bradley was not that guy. I don’t even know why we started dating in the first place.

We’d been such good friends and I think going out had just ruined it. Bradley was that friend you thought you wanted but you just enjoyed his company more than usual. I felt down about all this now.

After a while I noticed them all get up and leave. Janet shot me a sympathetic look but I ignored her. It was Dane and her’s fault that we had no car. They should have just been looking but no...

Four more coffees later I left. I walked down the street with no particular destination in mind. I didn’t even know where we were but it was a small town. Extremely small. I walked around in circles for a few hours aimlessly looking for my friends. Where did they go?

Probably out banging some randoms and getting wasted again. I felt a pang of hurt thinking Bradley was probably inside some other girl. I sighed sitting down on the public bent seat. I waited swinging my feet. We needed to find a place to stay for the night.

Janet’s POV

We found the nearest hotel after a few hours of hanging with those kids. They were minors but they were fun. Jumping into the big lake and doing tricks and stuff. Bradley was definitely much looser and although I was sad for Rita it was nice to have Bradley back. Dane was still traumatised by the gay experience.

‘I’m going to have nightmares tonight’ he said as we walked up to our room slowly. Thankfully Bradley had his wallet in his pocket and even better he had his three thousand he’d saved on his card.

‘well stop thinking about it’ I said opening the door.

The room was bigish. A single bed and a king size bed. The place smelt like old people and new freshener. There was a small vintage TV in the corner and a tiny fridge only containing an empty water bottle. I rolled my eyes filling it water and putting it back.

‘dude, I shot gun the single’ Bradley called flopping down onto the single bed. Dane shrugged jumping onto the king bed. I didn’t mind, it’s not like Dane would try anything.

‘I’m cool with that but I seriously need a shower’ I complained moving to check out the shower. It was small, toilet, sink and shower. Oh and a mirror but that was it. I sighed, boring much.

‘so ah it’s nine thirty and I’m hungry’ Bradley called and I moved back into the room removing my jumper. I winced as it scrapped along my cut.

‘I have to get this fixed up first. I don’t think I can shower with it’ I said sighing as I realised this myself.

‘cool so we’ll swing by...the hospital if they have one get you fixed up and find a place to eat at’ Dane said jumping up. I nodded shrugging.

‘sounds like a plan’

‘Where do you think Rita is at?’ Bradley asked and Dane and I shared a look.

‘you shouldn’t be thinking about her’ Dane said nodding to me. I grabbed my hoodie and started moving towards the door.

‘I know but she’s probably just out there sitting down doing nothing’ Bradley whined and I rolled my eyes holding the door open as they walked out.

‘so? We’ll find her eventually’ Dane said and I laughed closing the door. I should honestly be worried but she was hardly worried about me most of the time so I was being carefree and loose as she puts it.

We made our way to a small infirmary. Luckily they said they could fix it up. So I sat on the bed clutching onto Dane’s hand as they lady stitched up my huge cut. She wrapped it up giving me some more wraps and telling me what to do to change it and all that stuff.

Straight after that we walked to a bar, making sure it wasn’t the gay bar. Dane kept grumbling about it as we made our way to bar ready to get drinks already. Bradley nudged me and I was gasped looking around. This wasn’t just any bar...

It was a bikie bar.

Oh dear...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Stay By hi

Teen Fiction

1K 29 27
Scarlett Martinez has had a tough few years. After the passing of her father a flip switched in her and she lost all of her friends. Going from the R...
204K 3.9K 35
Third book of the series :) 1st book - Bestfriend // GD 2nd book - Never Again // GD 3rd Book - Easy Love // GD ( this book ) *** When Anna and her f...
637K 21.4K 43
❝𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑠ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑏𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑔𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑡 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑖𝑟𝑒𝑠...❞ Barely recovering from her break-up, Art studen...
64.8K 3.8K 88
Laurel is lonely. Things haven't been easy since she was forced to swiftly change jobs and move to a whole new city and start her life over. She is s...