fdl ↬ high school au

By thevteam

❝ curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back. ❞ ✧ [lowercase intended] © 2017 ↬ @thevteam More

introductions
two
i'm really, really sorry.

one

311 13 8
By thevteam

millie re-read her schedule for the millionth time, to ensure she had the right room.

she did, and she was standing right out of the door. she heard the teacher lecturing the children on something. probably her.

treat her how you'd like to be treated.
it's very scary when you don't know anyone.

millie's heard the same thing many times before. she recalled it all too well.

the day she met her bully.

she shook her head, recalling the painful person.

she walked in causing everyone in the room to go silent, and turn their heads to the back of the room. where millie walked in.

"h-hi." she said, and smiled awkwardly, suddenly becoming uncomfortable and nervous.

"millie, i assume?" the teacher, ms. dyer, asked her.

"yes," she managed to say.

"perfect," she said, scanning the room for where to put the new girl.

noah schnapp spotted her, immediately taking a liking to her. she was very pretty, he thought, with her short brown hair and matching chocolate eyes.

"why don't you go sit with noah?" ms. dyer told millie, pointing to noah. millie quickly nodded, not wanting the attention in herself any longer than necessary.

she rushed over to the new boy she new as noah.

"hi," he whispered. millie wiped her palms on her fitted black skirt. talking to new people made her nervous. social anxiety, her mother had called it.

"hey," she replied.

"so millie," ms . dyer started.

here it comes, millie thought.

millie knew what was coming, and she hated it. she hated telling about herself. she wasn't interesting, so why did she have to share that with everyone? it was pointless to her.

"why don't you introduce yourself to the class?" the teacher finished.

"sure," millie said, fiddling with the hem of her maroon sweatshirt. "i'm from britain, obviously. i like to write, and i have one little sister, one older sister, and one older brother," she finished and looked down at her lap.

"your accent is really pretty," noah complimented. millie felt her facing growing hot. noah noticed it going red and he chuckled at her nervousness.

"t-thank you," millie replied, after hearing noah's giggle. millie twisted her ring, a nervous habit.

"you know," noah started, "you don't have to be so nervous."

millie turned to him, giving him a stare, as if he'd asked a question in which the answer was completely obvious.

"yeah, and that helps so much," she said, chuckling.

•••

"so whatever you do," noah said. "stay away from everyone with a gold bracelet that says 'fdl'."

millie nodded, understanding what he was trying to say.

"but I don't see why. what'd they do?" she asked. he thought for a moment.

"no one knows for sure, but there are a lot of rumours. but they're assholes," he told millie. "i used to be best friends with one of them,"  he said uncomfortably.

she stayed silent, seeing that the subject was a sensitive one.

"just stay away," he finally said after a while. millie scoffed.

"i'm not going anywhere near them."

noah was quite relieved to hear that. they took jack, and they can't take millie too.

he's had a lot of trouble trusting anyone to be his friend after jack, but millie just sent him a sense of calm. he trusted millie, and he hoped to god that he wouldn't regret it.

"next period will be hell," millie moaned.

millie and noah had three of four classes together, they had already talked through the first two, the next one, millie was alone. and she was not happy about it. neither was noah; jack was in that class, and you may be able to guess it's pretty damn uncomfortable.

however, it was a writing class, which was his favourite class.

"yeah, same here," noah told her.

they came to the corner at which they need to part. millie frowned and hugged her new friend, he took a moment but hugged back.

"see you later, millster!" noah shouted from down the hall.

"bye, schnipper!" she called back, making noah smile. he remembered telling her that jack used to call him schnipper, a modification of his last name.

he turned to his classroom, smiling, while millie, turned to her classroom, feeling quite nervous and unhappy.

noah went in to see people paying no attention to him at all, while millie had all eyes on her.

millie twisted her ring. noah slumped; he wished that for once someone would be excited to see him.

he sat in his seat, at the back corner of the room. figures.

millie sat in an empty seat, directly at the front, and off to the side, beside an pretty redhead, with her feet thrown upon the desk.

"h-hi," millie said as she sat beside the girl.

"hey, newbie," the redhead said jokingly then quickly chuckled. millie giggled with her. she liked her.

"millie," she said, holding out her hand. the redhead took it, which caused her sleeve to travel up her arm, exposing a rose gold bracelet. it said 'fdl'.

"sadie."

millie noticed it, and a wave of panic crashed over her. she quickly let go of sadie's hand and wiped her, now sweaty, palms on her skirt, then reached for her ring.

"woah, you okay there?" sadie asked her. "you were fine a second ago, now you're really nervous."

"nervous?" millie questioned. "i'm not nervous." sadie scoffed.

"are you kidding? your palms are sweating, and you're playing with that ring," she pointed out. "you don't have to be nervous."

"ms. sink," the teacher began. "if you don't mind, it is class time, so if you could allow me to talk now, that would be great."

sadie rolled her eyes.

"you just did."

millie let out a sigh of relief. she couldn't believe sadie didn't blame her; what happened to the asshole noah was talking about?

"if you'd please get your feet off your desk. thank you kindly," he spoke snottily. sadie scoffed and swung her legs off the desk. but instead of leaving it there, she stood on her chair.

"my feet are off the desk," she said, crossing her arms.

"that's it ms. sink," the teacher stomped. "go to the office!"

she threw her arms up, with a smirk.

"fine!"

he held his hand up, gesturing for her to stop.

"you're not going alone, not after last time." he said, telling millie this was quite a regular occurrence. "someone will go with you."

sadie groaned as the teacher scanned the classroom. millie squeezed her eyes shut and hoped he didn't choose her.

"millie! why don't you go?"

millie nodded, wanting no more attention.

sadie grinned, there could be worse people.

•••

a/n: hi everyone! lily and i are really excited to be writing on this account! this chapter was completely written by lily, but it was edited by me. thank you all for following, reading, commenting, and voting! bye!

-amelia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 6.9K 96
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
227K 6.7K 77
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
1.1M 36.1K 62
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
1M 64K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...