Mate Killer - A Demon Series...

Af readtolearnPS

A twist on Werewolf, Vampire, Hybrids. This is not your typical Werewolf teen romance. Definitely not teen ro... Mere

Prologue - Darkness Over Light
Chapter 1: Family
Chapter 2: New Beginnings
Chapter 3: Stranger's Hands
Chapter 4: Moving In
Chapter 6: Kyle's POV
Chapter 7: A Complicated Hybrid
Chapter 8: Alpha Cliffford Budur POV
Chapter 9: Octavia's POV
Chapter 10: Secret
Chapter 11: Alpha Budur POV
Chapter 12: Liz POV
Chapter 13: Adora's POV
Chapter 14: Settling In
Chapter 15: Show Must Go On
Chapter 16: Bonfire
Chapter 17: Secrets
Chapter 18: Sibling Rivalry
Chapter 19: Alpha Predator
Chapter 20: Budur POV
Chapter 21: Ghosts
Chapter 22: Power
Chapter 23: Heritage
Chapter 24: Gabriel's POV
Chapter 25: Human
Chapter 26: Adora's POV
Chapter 27: Hidden Nature
Chapter 28: Lord Vampire POV
Chapter 29: Kyle's POV
Chapter 30: Strength
Chapter 31: Search
Chapter 32: Gabriel's POV
Chapter 33: Shatter Me
Chapter 34: Helpful Hand
Chapter 35
Chapter 36: Hell
Chapter 37: Kyle and Lord of Hell
Chapter 38
Chapter 39: Gabriel's POV
Chapter 40: Something Stupid
Chapter 41: Gabriel's POV
Chapter 42: Hell
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 - End
Epilogue

Chapter 5: Memories

498 15 3
Af readtolearnPS

Something wasn't right the minute we stepped outside Monday morning.

To catch you up on everything important that has happened since our last talk: the pack had been working all week repairing our house spending every available moment on it. Whenever Mac wasn't at the local towns garage during his weekly 7-5 shift, he was a regular handyman replacing drywall or fixing the plumbing.

Our pack tech geeks, Cain and Seth helped out Mac around the house and had gotten jobs at 'Fixing' Freaks'; a local computer and appliance repair shop where they could destroy someone elses microwave and get payed to put it back together. After they took apart Macs satellite phone, he had dragged both of them in by their collars and demanded the owner hire them, after some intimidation of course. Now, they brought work home with them and stayed away from our house appliances. Although that didn't stop me from doing an inventory check everyday

Kim had worked all week with Dora decorating and shopping before her job as an Assistant Gym Teacher at River Creek High started today. She and Dora had to forge documents for the paperwork, but like the rest of us, it was second nature by now. Kim could work there AND keep an eye on Kyle.

Carl had brought Jason, his nephew into the Diner during the week to meet Kyle and they became fast friends; making me happy that he had found someone 'normal' to talk too. Jason had showed Kyle all the 'hip' places in town even though he didn't belong to the 'it' crowd. At the moment that 'it' crowd was away, but would be back in time for the first day of school.

Which basically catches you up on everything important. So, let me get back to Monday morning, Lamarr and I had left early for work leaving extra breakfast in the pans to be reheated for the rest of the pack when their shifts would start at some NOT ungodly hour when the sun would be up, unlike us. All the way walking into town, a werewolf smell kept popping up making us tense. Lamarr had told me to keep on going, obviously not with words just a quick head tilt, as he decided to backtrack and see if he could find the source of the smell. It ended up being so faint that he eventually let it go catching up to me at the Diner. He shook his head as he approached making me go on alert scanning the vicinity for hidden eyes.

In the past week, we haven't had any contact with Supernaturals beside the kid that had almost run us over and when Seth had discovered a old scent trail that led away from town, we hadn't been worried assuming it had been the kid. Mac and I had decided to let it slide, not wanting to put a dampener on everybody's high spirits. Now, I wasn't so sure we made the right choice.

Well, what the hell did you expect? To put on a new pair of shoes and not have the other pair come running after you?, snapped my wolf.

My bat nudged my wolf, Nice metaphor.

Thanks, been coming up with it for days.

I, personally, would have gone for a new set of wings, said my bat.

Really, I was actually thinking I should have gone with a new set of . . . , whoa, censoring, too much visual. I tunned them out after that inappropriate comment. I really didn't need to know that or hear that ever again.

Ever, I yelled at them, but as usual they completetly ignore me when it wasn't important.

Throughout the morning half of my shift, my mind kept playing scenarios in my head; a trap being set for when we step outside or a hunting party that had dogs waiting to be let loose. It had happened too many times in the past and being the 2nd in command, I was protective off my pack. The feelings of worry I was getting from Kyle over the Sire bond just feed my anxiety, but I ignored it, being his first day of school he was bound to be nervous.

When I felt a hand on my shoulder, I let loose a low growl and grabbed it, twisting the arm behind the owners back pushing them against the front window with enough force for it to shake.

"Liz. Jesus Christ. Stop, please," Carl whimpered against the glass breaking thru my haze.

I blinked at Carl in front of me than turned my head to see Julie staring with wide eyes and an open mouth along with the rest of the morning customers in the Diner. Releasing my hold on his arm, I stepped back dropping my head letting my hair hide my eyes knowing they partially changed into my Hybrid colour – black irises. In their full Hybrid form my entire eye would go black.

Normally, I would have more control of my emotions, but it seems I got carried away thinking. I closed my eyes taking deep breathes trying to find my inner place where I feel nothing emotionally. Its like I flick a switch and my emotions turn off. Only a few seconds had passed when I looked up at Carl holding his arm.

"I am so sorry, Carl. My mind gets carried away sometimes. Did I hurt you?" I enquired letting a tear escape.

"Hey. Its okay. I guess I scared you. Nothings broken except my ego," he chuckled still eyeing me though as he walked away reassuring the customers who stopped him.

"Didn't know you had it in you!" Julie said walking over linking her arm with mine. "Would you mind teaching me some of those self-defence moves?"

I knew she was trying to make me feel better about attacking our boss, but it wasn't working.

"I could use those moves on my dates! Maybe even my kids." my head almost got whiplash from looking at her so fast.

She giggled as she lead me to the kitchen, "Kidding. Their my babies, but it got you out of that dark place you go to."

I warily smiled at her. It seems she picked that up; she was learning my habits after only a week. I didn't know if that was a good and by the look Lamarr was giving her, it seems he didn't know either.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

After almost breaking my bosses arm, I was so lost in thought I didn't even smell the werewolf that had came into the Diner and was sitting in Julies section sniffing. But, the thunderous growl that came through Lamarr on the link meant he did, my whole body tensed as a shiver ran up my spine.

Slowly, I looked over my shoulder at the newcomer who was staring in my direction. Like most werewolves he was solidly built, but wouldn't be a problem for a Hybrid in a fight. I took a small sniff to see what power he held. The more smell a wolf or most Supernaturals emit the stronger he is. Like an aura.

Although, that obviously wasn't the case with my pack.

Younger Supernaturals have a certain aura around them that other Supernaturals can sense. The older a Supernatural gets, after a couple hundred years, the more control they have over the power their aura emits making the really dangerous ones difficult to spot. Difficult, Not impossible.

Us being Hybrids, we have double the power being both Werewolf and Vampire. We don't have the solid build of Werewolves or the lean look of Vampires. We look more like humans, less threatening. People underestimate us all the time; works wonders for infiltration into a pack. You don't expect the short innocent looking girl to be the one blood sucking everyone dry inside. Unfortunately though, we also have all the cravings of each species.

Meaning we are faster than a Werewolf and a Vampire. And we have both of their enhanced visions, hearings and strengths which makes us impossible to stop.

We are like really fast bulldozers that can break through pretty much anything.

But, we occasionally crave blood like a Vampire either when severely injured or very tired and we can be easily angered like a Werewolf. Its why The Order trained us to have impeccable self-control over our emotions, so we wouldn't turn on them.

Lower rank. Not an Omega though. A scout to assess our threat level probably, my inner voices evaluated together. Funny, how those two don't argue when working together right! It is times like these that it's my Hybrid side talking, wolf and vampire together in unison and soul. Not one entity, but two living and workng in complete harmony.

Back to the werewolf, he wouldn't be able to tell I was a Hybrid. We are able to control how much power our aura emits and change our scent even though we are young by an Supernaturals standards. He would believe me to be a Werewolf and feel my aura's power as weak and not a threat; just as I wanted him to.

I watched him from the corner of my eye over the next hour of my shift and saw Lamarr following his every move from the kitchen. The Werewolf eyed Lamarr and me one final time before he headed out of the Diner.

Mac, we have company, I called through the link throwing my apron on a table ready to pursue.

He answered right away, I've already had one here. Seems this pack around here had a powerful witch block their existence. Seth and Cain already had a Werewolf this morning outside their store. I just told Dora and Kim to watch out and tell Kyle, but Kim said she hasn't seen him and she has to get back to class . . . , I was out the door and running in the direction of River Creek High. That was the feeling I had felt and ignored from Kyle earlier in the day thru the Sire bond.

Something had happened to him.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

I kept my running to a human pace on my sprint to the school even though I could have been there in a few minutes with my Hybrid speed. By the time, I arrived at the school I was frantic, Kyle wasn't answering through his link to me making me tense. I may have never told him what he means to me, but he was a younger brother I would lay down my life for.

Pushing past the jocks eating lunch on the benches, I ignored the lewd comments and picked up Kyles scent along with another werewolf's mixed in. It travelled around the school to the football field where the scent entered the forest. I followed the scent and picked up two more members that joined his kidnapping party, a couple hundred meters into the trees. I moved silently over the fallen leaves chasing Kyles scent, not making a sound.

Kyles scent has gone into the forest outside the school. Estimated time upon them entering over an hour. I'm pursuing it know, I said over the link letting everyone hear.

Keep us updated, Mac answered back. He didn't need to send someone else to help me, I was more than capable of taking down an entire pack of werewolves on my own, my eyes turning black.

Especially if they hurt Kyle.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

167K 5.5K 32
Elizabeth Monroe is 16 and looking for her mate but she doesn't know she has one for everything she is. Elizabeth is a hybrid of a werewolf and a vam...
111K 4.5K 58
SAMPLE Everything was normal before. Her immortal life was lived with her family in a small town amongst humans. But after, her days are lived in fe...
280 42 8
Elizabeth is a small town gal who lives alone in a house by the beach. Sure she's got the money and the beauty, but all she's ever wanted was peace...
8.9K 498 60
As a Meta/Vampire hybrid, Hunter has seen some crazy stuff. She's worked hard not to be killed by supernaturals and by the people who "took care" of...