The Night That Changed Everyt...

By ChelciaGordon

We've all made mistakes before, right? But when Kayla Stewart makes the drunken mistake of falling into the b... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ!
IMPORTANT QUESTION - PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE
I needed to explain a couple of things to you, please read (Essential)
News: UPDATE
Chapter Fourty
Chapter 41
Happy New Year - I'm back!

Chapter Six

52K 1.1K 180
By ChelciaGordon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's the next chapter guys! I hope you like it! Thanks for reading and please vote!

Twitter - @TNTCE Please follow for important updates!

Chelcia xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kayla: 12 weeks pregnant

A strong, spicy but sweet smell floats around the room, awakening my senses. I gradually crack open my eyes, gazing around at the unfamiliar environment. It takes a few seconds for me to remember that I’m in Damion’s bedroom. I glance up at the large clock hanging against the wall; I’ve been sleeping for about a couple of hours now, it’s time for me to get up. I drag the bed sheets of me and step out of the warm relaxing bed, following the delicious, lip-smacking scent.

The scrumptious smell leads me into the kitchen, where standing in the centre is a cursing Damion holding his finger. “Stupid fucking oven,” he mumbles.

“What happened to you?” I ask as I lean against the counter, crossing my arms.

“I burnt my darn finger on this stupid oven,” he says as he frustratingly kicks the oven. I walk towards him and place his index finger in my hand and inspect it. I hold his finger up close to my face and examine it. It’s red and swollen and it seems rather painful. “Have you got some ice or a bag of fries or something?” I ask.

He nods and makes his way to the freezer. He opens the freezer with his free hand, and then pulls out a bag of mixed vegetables, “Will this do?” he asks.

“Yeah, it’s perfect. Just wrap it around your finger for a while, it will take the swelling down and ease the pain.” He places his finger onto the bag then wraps it around his sore finger, wincing slightly.

“So what are you cooking?” I ask, glaring down into the oven.

His face flushes to a bright red and he bites his lip, “Well, um I thought you might be hungry when you wake up, so I’m cooking some sweet and sour ribs. They should be ready soon.”

I beam at him then reply, “Yummy, I can’t wait. Do you like cooking?”

He leans back against the counter and shrugs, “Well, I guess so.”

I nod and then we both stand there listening to the oven softly humming. Damion then takes his finger out of the frozen vegetables and scans it. He wiggles his finger before placing the vegetables back into the freezer. He turns around and stretches up, his top riding up, showing the lower half of his toned chest as he retrievs two wine glasses from the cupboard. He grabs a bottle of wine from the fridge then carries them into the dining room.

Roughly ten minutes later I am seated around Damion’s glass table, a huge plate filled with a rack of ribs and oven fries lying in front of me. My mouth hangs open, desperately wanting to take a bite out of the mouth watering feast. I decide to wait for Damion to return from the kitchen, before devouring my meal. Damion walks from out of the kitchen with his dinner plate and takes a seat opposite me. “Mmm this smells really good, and it looks really good too,” I smile.

He chuckles then says, “Well let’s eat then.”

I rapidly pick up my knife and fork and pick up two large fries and stuff them into my mouth, “Mmm,” I mumble as I close my eyes.

Damion laughs then says, “Well you’re definitely hungry.” I nod whilst taking an enormous bite out of the ribs. The sweet sauce sends millions of senses running through my taste buds, leading me to let out a soft sexual moan.

Damion looks up at me and cheeky grin spreads across his face. I quickly cover my mouth and blush, but then a burst of giggles escape my mouth. “Sorry this is so good. You’re going to make me put on so much weight.”

“Well I’m sure you’ll still look beautiful,” he replies. I grin up at him then take another bite out of the mouth watering ribs. Damion is actually one of the best cooks I’ve ever met; you would never think he’s such an amazing cook just by looking at him.

Damion leans forwards and begins to open the bottle of red wine which is sitting in the centre of the table before taking my glass and pouring the red liquid inside. I look at him in disbelief, my eyebrows raised as I clear my throat.

“What?” he asks. I point my finger at my stomach, “Oh shit, it’s not that I forgot, it’s just that... I forgot that you can’t drink alcohol when you’re pregnant.” He pushes his chair back and rushes into the kitchen. I roll my eyes at him but can’t help smiling as I hear him rummaging through the cupboards. He comes out of the kitchen with a normal glass and a carton of orange juice and sits down, his face filled with embarrassment, “Look I’m sorry....”

I smile at him, while pouring out some orange juice into my glass, “No, it’s okay. It’s going to take a while for both of us to get our mind around thin-” His phone begins to ring, interrupting my sentence mid way. He starts to fumble through his pocket and then he retrieves his iphone and answers, “Hello?”

I hear a female voice mumble something, but I quite can’t make out what she’s saying. Damion’s puckers his brows and then stands up. He looks at me apologetically then turns around and heads to his bedroom, where I hear the door close.

I stare down at my plate of food, all of a sudden not feeling very hungry. I wonder who that girl was? I burrow my brows and fiddle with my food. I don’t know why I’m being so paranoid for, it’s probably just his mom or sister. I shrug my shoulders and take another bite out of my rack of ribs, closing my eyes.

Damion

“Hello?”

“Well hello there,” says Rosie in her flirtatious voice. Oh no, not now Rosie, please not now. I stand up and look at Kayla apologetically then walk away from the table. As I’m walking towards my bedroom I look back at Kayla, wondering whether I should just hang up and finish having dinner with her. Well, I’m sure I won’t be long, let me just quickly see what Rosie wants.

I walk into my bedroom and close the door behind me. “Hey rosie, how are you?” I ask, letting out a sigh.

“I’m great actually! I’ve got some amazing news for you, which is going to make you love me even more.”

Oh gosh, now what could this be? “Well, what is it?” I ask as I lay down on my bed. The bed smells of Kayla, like fruits, she always has this really fruity smell.

“So I went for an audition yesterday and the director said he has a friend who’s looking for a model to be in his photo shoot. The director said I’m really beautiful, well obviously," she chuckles, "So he gave me his friend’s number. So later on I rang him and I sent him a few pictures and he loved them! So I’m going to be modelling for him!”

“Well, um, that’s great Rosie, but um how does that affect me?”

“Well he needs a hot guy to be in it too, and since you’re obviously the hottest guy I know, I said you would do it!”

I sit upright and shout, “You what?!” I look around, remembering that Kayla's only in the next room then say, lowering me voice, “Rosie you can’t just put my name down for something I have no idea about, and besides I have no experience!”

“And neither have I”

“But you’re always in front of a camera.”

“Damion it’s too late to drop out now, I told him you were free. You are free for Saturday right?”

I bite my lip and think of my schedule on Saturday, I don’t have anything planned, “Okay then, I’ll do it.”

Rosie squeals down the phone and I quickly move the phone away from my ear before she deafens me, “I knew you would! And do you know what’s even better? We get to spend the whole day together and catch up.”

“Hmm yeah.”

“Well I’ll text you the details later babes.”

“Yeah alright, I’ll talk to you later then, bye.”

“Bye babe.” I hang up the phone, letting out a sigh. I place me hands behind my neck and look up at the ceiling. Hmm, I better hit the gym hard these next couple of days if I want to look good for this shoot. I know Rosie can be a pain, but I’m quite thankful for this shoot, I’m not going to lie, I'm pretty excited now.

I hear shuffling in the next room, then shoot up, remembering that I’ve left Kayla alone to eat dinner.  Just as I go to step out of bed, there is a soft knock at the door, “Yeah, just come in,” I call out.

Kayla nervously opens the door and stands in the doorway, looking rather down and dejected. She fiddles with her fingers and softly says, “Um, are you coming back to eat or should I put your food in the microwave for later? I don’t want it to get cold.”

I stand up and walk towards her, “No it’s cool, and I’m coming back. It was just a call from an old friend,” I say. She nods as she turns around and walks towards the dining table. As she’s walking in front of me, I can’t help but checking her ass out. I stare at her bum cheeks, which are slightly hanging out of her shorts and bite my lips. Damn, living with her is going to be hard, but I need to take things slow and respect her. I want to be in my child’s life more than anything, but also hers, so I don’t want to mess things up.

“Do you work?” she asks.

I quickly dive my eyes away from her but and stare at the back of her head. “Um yeah, well I work three days of the week at the beach as a life guard.”

She spins around in shock with a smile spread across her face, “I knew you looked familiar! I usually jog along the beach when I have time, or I go and sunbathe if the weathers nice.”

I smile at her, “Cool.”

“So have you ever had to save someone from the water?” she asks as she takes a seat around the table.

“Well a couple of times, but they were nothing serious. Although one time this kid went out to far and he started to panic because he couldn’t really swim, and this woman injured her leg while surfing once.”

“Oh I see, I bet you get loads of girls drooling all over you,” she says, smirking.

I shrug and smile to myself.

Ten minutes later we both finish the meal. Kayla slumps back into her chair and places her hand on her tummy and hangs her head back. “I am so full,” she mumbles.

I stand up and take her plates and say, “Uh huh.”

I walk into the kitchen and throw the dishes into the sink. I look around at the state of the kitchen and growl. I’ll clean this up later man. I turn off the lights and walk back into the front room to see a pacing Kayla. “What’s wrong?”

“It’s my mum, she just texted me.”

I look at her confusingly, “Um okay... Is that a problem?”

“Yes it is. I haven’t talked to her since I found out that I was pregnant.”

“Then why don’t you just talk to her?” I say, as I throw myself down on the sofa and turn on the TV.

“Because I know that she’s going to be really disappointed. Ever since I was a kid, she’s wanted me to have a good job, get married then have a baby.” She comes and sits down next to me and places her head in her hands.

I let out a sigh and put my arms around her shoulders, comforting her. “Kayla just relax. Look you should just tell her, she’s got to understand.” She doesn’t respond and I bite my lips wondering what to say next, “Um we could tell her together...”

She slowly looks up at me and asks, “Really?”

“Yeah, why not?”

She sits upright, “But she’s going to want to know if we’re dating, how long we’ve known each other for, how many weeks I am. Urgh, she’s just going to be asking all these annoying questions.”

“Well why don’t we go to the doctors in the morning, then afterwards we can meet up with your parents.”

Kayla looks up in consideration then nods at my idea.

“Great, I’m sure everything’s going to be fine Kayla,” I say.

“Well let’s hope so she says.” I smile at her then begin to flick through the channels when she asks, “Does it look like I’ve put on any weight?”

“Huh?” I suddenly recognise what she asked me I say, “No, well I can’t really tell to be honest...”

“Oh, I feel like I have. I’ve been eating so much lately.”

“Well you still look beautiful and even when you’re caring an eight pound baby, I’m sure you’re still going to look beautiful.”

She smiles at me and blushes but chuckles lightly, “You’re so corny, but thank you.”

I smile at her and stare into her deep grey eyes, holding back the temptation to just lean forward and kiss her. Just to feel the soft touch of her lips crashing againts mine would drive me crazy. But as i said, I need to take things slow, real slow. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So what do you guys think? Feel free to comment and please vote!

Thank you for reading and please read the next chapter :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 1K 55
Theodetia Hamilton has finally decided to give herself into commitment, to give herself a chance to relationship, so since that is the case, she deci...
556K 19.6K 27
I've found a reason for me To change who I used to be A reason to start over new And the reason is you Eighteen Faith Miller is your average teenage...
1.3K 44 11
Elena realized she was in love with her best friend when she was in high school. Her best friend had started dating in revenge she had starting datin...
20.3K 580 32
Lucas Dawson doesn't believe in love. Doesn't even have a heart, according to some, so why should he care if his lovers cousin has nowhere to stay a...