My love, my destiny (Complete...

By 22_MonAmour

WARNING!!! MATURE content for 18 years old and above!!! If you're an INNOCENT or NOT AN OPEN-MINDED reader, p... More

A/N
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
Epilogue

chapter 18

62.1K 2.6K 53
By 22_MonAmour

HI guys! Zoé here! This chapter is kinda heartbreaking in a way. lol. Anyway, i hope you like it:)

***********

  "I'm sorry for shouting at you, love. You scared the hell out of me" -Zander 

JEWEL's POV

When I reached in front of the house, most of the policemen invaded the house and its surroundings. I couldn't see Mr. Richards and thought that he was inside. Some of the policemen noticed my presence.

"Ms. Morrison, it's better if you return to the car and wait for us there. It's dangerous. Let us handle this" one of the police men said. I stopped on my tracks and stared at the house with my heart racing so fast. I didn't know what to do. My inner self was debating if I would defy the police officer's command or follow it and just go back and wait.

"Jewel! What the heck! Why did you run like that?" Zander shouted at me when he reached beside me. He's with Hunter who was busy observing the surroundings with his keen eyes.

Zander looked so worried. He shook my shoulders like he was shaking some sense in me. My eyes blinked a couple of times before his words sank in my mind.

"I-I'm sorry. I-I just couldn't stand there and wait. I need to see Camila" My voice was trembling and so as my body. His face softened and pulled me for a hug.

"I'm sorry for shouting at you, love. You scared the hell out of me" He said and kissed my forehead. Then we automatically pulled away from our embrace when we heard a screaming voice of a little girl. Zander and I looked at each other and a silent agreement was in our eyes.

"It's Camila!" We said in unison. Then a police came out of the house while running.

"Mr. Montealegre, your daughter doesn't want to come with us. He is asking for you" He said.

"What?! Okay, I'll come" Zander answered. I was about to follow them when the police stopped me.

"Sorry miss but we will just allow Mr. Montealegre to come inside" I looked at him with disbelief.

"No! That's my daughter there we're talking about and I'll come whether you like it or not!" I shouted furiously. Here I am, feeling so worried and want to see my daughter as soon as possible but I am not allowed to go. My teeth gritted in anger.

"Let her come. She's my girlfriend and Camila's mom" Zander finally interrupted. The police heaved a sigh and then nodded. We followed him inside and the fear I was feeling intensified. I didn't know that this kind of feeling existed. 

The feeling of unsureness and fear. Unsure of what would happen if we entered inside the house, if Camila would be there safe or not. There were a lot of things running through my mind but I tried to shake them off. I didn't want to think negatively. I felt Zander's hand intertwined our fingers together and the turmoil and tension inside me subsided a little bit.

When we entered the house, I looked around and saw 4 wounded men scattered on the floor while the policemen were pointing their guns at them. The other police officer was calling for ambulance.

Seeing the wounded men on the floor made me want to run and find Camila as fast as I could. I was beginning to panic.

"Where is my daughter?" I felt like my heart was already in my throat because how hard it was beating.

"They're upstairs. Let's go" We followed him again and then when we arrived upstairs, we heard a familiar cry and screams again. We ran towards a room and then we saw Camila crying at the corner of the room while Mr. Richards was talking to her, convincing her to get up.

"No! I don't want to go with you! I want my daddy and mommy!" She shouted.

"Sweetheart, daddy's here" Zander happily and went straight to Camila. When Camila heard his voice, she happily stood up and hugged her father. Zander picked her up and hugged her tightly.

"Oh my god! Thank goodness you're fine" He said and kissed Camila's cheeks. Camila just kept on crying on his shoulders. I slowly approached them. My daughter is already in front of me but I didn't know what to say or do. The tears of joy flowed down endlessly but a smile stretched on my lips.

"Camila..." I called her with a shaking voice. Zander heard me and stepped closer to me while still carrying Camila.

"Sweetheart. I want you to meet someone" Zander began. Camila lifted her face from her father's shoulder and looked at me.

"Miss Morrison?" She mumbled quizzically. She looked at me and Zander confusedly.

"What is she doing here, daddy?" I was about to approached her and hug her when she asked her father that. My feet refused to move as I heard her voice. She looked like she wasn't happy seeing me. Zander put her down on her feet.

"Camila, she's here because she's so worried about you. She's your---"

"Let's discuss about this when we get home" I interrupted him and he nodded his head in understanding. I sat in a squatting position in front of Camila and reluctantly held her hands.

"Don't touch me!" I was shocked of her reaction. I didn't expect it. She never behaved like this towards me and I felt the pain laced in my heart. 

I could see the anger in her eyes as she look at me and it made me feel confused. The last time we saw each other, we were fine. When we were at the school trip, she was at my side. Even when she didn't want to participate in the vents, I managed to convince her. She never looked at me the way she looks at me now.

"Camila! Don't talk to her that way!" Zander reprimanded her with a hint of anger.

"No. its fine" I said as I tried my best to smile even though it hurt.

"C-Camila, d-do you mind if I hug you?" She looked at me with her eye brows creased. Instead of answering, she turned her back to me and faced her father.

"Let's go, daddy. I want to go home" She said and pulled her father's hand. I couldn't take it anymore. I stood up and turned my back to them as my tears fell from my eyes.

"Camila, I didn't raise you to be rude! She is asking you a question. Apologize for ignoring her and answer her question!"

"I-I'm sorry. Yes, you can hug me" I wiped my tears and faced her then quickly approached her and encircled her small frame into a tight embrace. Even though I got hurt of her coldness towards me, that pain disappeared the moment I held her in my arms.

"It's okay, baby. Thank God you're safe and okay" I said and kissed her temple. I felt so happy and relieved that I can hold her like this. She's real and she's with us now.

"I can't breathe" She complained. I chuckled amusedly and pulled away from her a little bit. I stared at her beautiful face and kissed her forehead.

"I'm happy that we finally found you" I said full of emotions. She looked at me confusedly again before she took her father's hand.

"Let's go home, daddy"

"Okay. Let's go sweetheart. Daddy would like to tell you something important at home, okay?" Zander said and Camila nodded. We were about to go out when a masked man suddenly entered the room and pointed a gun at me. 

Then the next thing I know, Zander hugged me swiftly as the sound of a gunshot echoed in the entire area before it followed by a series of gun shots. It happened so fast. I heard someone screaming Zander's name when he fell down the floor bleeding. The voice was crying and continuously shouting Zander's name.

Then I realized that that voice came from me. I was screaming Zander's name while crying. Camila was crying too while calling for him. I didn't know what was happening around me. I was so scared to lose him. 

I hugged him and asked for help to the people around us. I felt something hot and wet on his back on my hands and realized that it was blood, coming out of him. I was shivering with fear and the next thing I know, everything turned black.

****

When I woke up, I was in a white room and I quickly realized that I was in a hospital. I was about to get up when I heard someone spoke.

"It's okay. Just rest. You don't have to force yourself to get up if you still can't" Hunter said. I looked around me and realized that Lovely and Helena were there too.

"Thank goodness, you're finally awake. We came as soon as we heard what happened" Helena said worriedly and hugged me.

"I'm fine. I want to see Zander. Where is he?" I asked and began getting up. The three of them looked into each other meaningfully.

"Where is he?! I want to see him!" I yelled and got off the hospital bed.

"Okay. I'll bring you there" Hunter finally said.

We went out of the room and then went to the ICU. Helena and Lovely were following us behind quietly.

"We're here" Hunter informed me. I looked through the acrylic see-through mirror in front of me and I saw somebody lying inside on the bed inside the ICU room. Then I realized it was Zander. My fists tightened and tried to keep my tears in my eyes but they were so stubborn. They fell.

"Shhh..It's okay. He'll be fine" Lovely said and hugged me while Helena was rubbing my back, comforting me.

"He's in a coma" I heard Hunter said with a hardened face. I shook my head. I couldn't bring myself to believe him but the evidence was right in front of me. I cried and cried until my eyes were puffy. When I calmed down a little bit, I went inside the room.

I held his hand while trying to talk to him but he didn't even move even a little bit. His eyes remained closed. It was so painful seeing him in a state like that but the most painful truth is that even though the one who shot him is dead now, the mastermind of the kidnapping of Camila was still unknown.

I wanted to stay beside him a little bit longer but the nurse told me that the visiting hour has already finished. I went out of the ICU room like all the life in me were sucked out. What am I going to do with this situation? I know we got Camila but the case isn't closed yet. The mastermind is still at large.

"Where is Camila?" I asked Hunter when I remembered her.

"I sent her home. She's with her nanny". I nodded my head.

"Can you please take me to her?"

"Sure" He answered.

"Jewel. We have to go but remember that we're always here if you need help. If you need someone to talk to, just call me" Helena said and hugged me.

"Yes. Helena is right. We're always be here for you" Said Lovely. I smiled faintly. They really are true friends. Even though our friendship has just began, I could feel their sincerity and support.

"Thank you for coming" I said.

When they left, I managed to take one final glance at Zander before we went out of the hospital. Hunter drove me to Zander's house.

"Sorry, I can't accompany you inside. I need to do something important"

"It's okay. Thank you for the ride" He nodded and then drove off. I remained standing in front of the big house and I couldn't help but to be amazed of how beautiful the house is. The architectural design of the house is really brilliant and I knew Zander was the one who designed it. I smiled inwardly. 

I felt so proud of him because he managed to reach his dreams. I wasn't surprised though because I knew he could do it. He's an intelligent and hardworking guy. He's dedicated to everything he does and it's not surprising that he is now one of the richest in the USA not to mention the most sought-out architect.

When I rang the doorbell, a familiar face opened it for me.

"Miss Morrison? What are you doing here?" Rita asked curiously.

"Can I see Camila?" I asked her. She looked reluctant at first but then she nodded and let me in. She accompanied me to Camila's room. The door was slightly ajar and we were about to enter when we heard her talking to someone on the phone.

"Daddy is in the hospital. I want to go there.....You said you will come home with me but you didn't come" I frowned.

"Who's she talking to?" I asked Rita.

"I have no idea" She answered. I pushed the door open and cleared my throat to get her attention. She heard me and turned around to look at me. Her eyes widened and suddenly cut off the call which made me furrowed. I was about to approach her when she spoke.

"What are you doing here?" She asked while glaring at me. My heart sunk.

"I-I am here to talk to y-you, baby" She stood up.

"Why are you calling me baby?" She asked irritably and hugged her teddy bear.

"B-Because you're my baby. You're my daughter" I said quickly before I lose the courage to do so. She remained staring at me. But her next action shocked the hell out of me.

"No! You're not my mom! I know who my mom is and you're not her! She's right, you're a bad person!" She shouted full of anger.

****

Ouch! That hurts, really;(

COMMENT

VOTE

SHARE

FOLLOW

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 3.4K 33
Jason I started kissing her jaw but not kissing her lips, I like to tease her "Jason please... " she moans grabbing my hair. "Patience baby, do you...
156K 4.6K 45
In order to have a full understanding of this book I suggest you read the first part to this book 'Treasure' ◇♡◇ "You and I would always be unfinishe...
1.6M 48.5K 32
I'm Matteo De Luca. A successful businessman in New York City. I have it all, the penthouse, the fast cars, the many vacation houses. I am successful...
6M 234K 45
"Wait let me get this straight, you want me to get fat?" Cara does not know if she should be offended or threatened. Was this his grand plan to make...