tough luck :: josuke x reader

By peachbois

"I want you, I don't know if I need you, but Ooh, I'd die to find out." (Female Insert) (1K achieved 5.10.17... More

-1 :: prologue
1 :: a challenger appears
2 :: milk and fistfights
3 :: ...jealous?
4 :: seeing double
5 :: a little obsessive
6 :: shocking! (pt. 1)
7 :: shocking! (part 2)
8 :: story material
9 :: pull me closer
10 :: ah, rats
11 :: swimming in it
12 :: a rival group
14 :: gone without a trace (pt. 2)
15 :: we meet again
16 :: if you fail...
17 :: ...try, try again
18 :: a sorta-kinda break-in
19 :: invaders from beyond
20 :: isn't this illegal?!
21 :: gomennasai
22 :: the final piece of the puzzle (part 1)
23 :: the final piece of the puzzle (part 2)
24 :: the final piece of the puzzle (part 3)
25 :: THE WORLD's final curtain
26 :: thank you, morioh-cho
a little bit about "tough luck"
BONUS CHAPTER :: the aftermath
zoo wee mama
hooray!
lordt!

13 :: gone without a trace (pt. 1)

12.2K 410 520
By peachbois

A/N
Italics - Japanese
Regular Text - English
---
"Uh, yeah, sorry, I forgot to bring my wallet today," you said, feeling around your school bag. "I promise you two that I'll give you some lunch money later."

"It's fine," said Okuyasu. Josuke looked ahead, and his eyes lit up. "There's Shigechi! Maybe we can borrow from him!"

You all walked over to Shigechi. He smiled only a little when he saw you all. "Shigechi! Can we borrow ¥1,500 for lunch money?" Asked Josuke with a smile. "¥1,000." You corrected him. "I can live on granola bars until the day I die, bro."

"What happened to the lottery money you guys won?" Asked Shigechi, a little irritated. Josuke rubbed his neck. "Well, my mom froze the account...so can we have it?"

Shigechi groaned, and handed over the money. "Don't think I'm letting this slip. I'm writing an IOU in my planner!" Josuke waved his hand in the air, as a motion to a "yeah, whatever" and you all walked off.

"He had a sandwich from St. Gentelman's! I wonder if they're still open," mentioned Okuyasu. "Yeah! Let's go see!"
---
"Are you sure you don't have any behind the counter?" You say to the clerk, a student you recognized. You twirled the ends of your hair while you said it.

"No, ma'am, sorry," he said. You groaned and waved a goodbye. You sighed. "Sorry guys, looks like flirting can't get you everything."

You felt a little bad when they sulked. You all walked outside, only to meet Shigechi again. "They were out of sandwiches..." sighed Josuke.

"Whatever. The school's lunch will be pretty filling. Koichi said that he'd come and eat with us too..." he finished. "Augh, he's probably going to be with Yukako! Why do I have to eat lunch with TWO happy couples?" Groaned Okuyasu as you all turned to walk away. You giggled a little.

"Uh, the gym teacher sneaks coffee and tea in from the vending machines and keeps them in his office. All the faculty are in the teacher's lounge during lunch, and I sneak in all the time! Wanna just buy a lunch and come with me?" Asked Shigechi.

"Well, I'm not that greedy. I'll but my own lunch. See ya!" Said Okuyasu. You allow aved and started to head towards school.

"You still owe me! Bye!" Shigechi shouted from behind you all. You have made it a good 10 feet down the path, before Josuke stopped you.

"I mean...should we?"
---
You had to cover your mouth to stop from laughing as Okuyasu struggled to squeeze from the window.

"This better be the place," he growled, as he pushed himself through the small opening, the small bag of bento lunches that they had bought in hand. "Shigechi! You in here?!"

"Oh? You said you wouldn't come! And even after you called me a greedy thief...The nerve!" Shigechi scoffed. "Whatever. We brought our lunch." Said Josuke. "Can I get some coffee?"

"Ooh, yeah! Is there something like black coffee or milk coffee?" Okuyasu called to Shigechi. He scoffed. "You want milk coffee with bento? That's disgusting!"

Okuyasu rolled his eyes. You unwrapped a granola bar and sat on the pile of mats hat Shigechi's sandwich had been on, throwing the bag to the father side of the mats before you sat down. Josuke sat on the hurdles tower, and Okuyasu took a seat on the places blocks.

You took a couple bites of a granola bar before you felt something brush against your back. Something hard. Wire. Something like it, at least.

"Josuke, did you drop something just now?" You asked, rubbing your back. He shook his head. "Huh, I thought something just grazed my back just now..."

He waved his hand in the air to signal your nonsense. "It's probably the wind." You glanced up at the open window and shrugged, but you still felt a little skeptical.

Glancing at the sandwich, it was open and tipped over, which was odd. the tipped over part you could understand, because you had thrown the sandwich to the side, but you knew for sure it didn't open when you threw it.

You reached for the bag to pick it up. "Hey! Don't tell me you're trying to steal my lunch!"

Looking to the side, there was a very angry Shigechi. You raised your hands up in defense. "I wasn't going to take your stupid sandwich. It fell over. I was just picking it back up."

He shoved a finger in your face. "I know how badly you want a bite, but you cant have it!" You swatted his finger away from your face. "Whatever. I don't even like sandwiches."

He muttered something under his breath before walking back to the small kitchen.

You took another couple of bites before you heard the sound of paper crinkling. Glancing at the sandwich, it was gone.

"Where'd his sandwich go?" You whispered. oh looked at Josuke and Okuyasu expectantly, waiting for them to say something, but they didn't say anything. In fact, they were too busy eating to notice.

"Y/n! You didn't take my sandwich, did you?!" Asked Shigechi, almost red with anger. You shook your head. "Why would I want your damn sandwich?!" You growled.

He directed his attention to Josuke and Okuyasu. "I know one of you took it!" They frowned. "No way! Why would we want your sandwich?!" Said Okuyasu.

"Fine! I'll just have Harvest search the room!" He shouted. Josuke plants his hands on his hips. "Do it! You'll see we didn't take your sandwich!"

Harvest scanned the room, determined to find the missing sandwich.

The door handle started to move. "I know you brats are in there!!"

"Gym teacher! Don't worry about me, GO!" You whisper yelled to them, and Josuke was already trying to push Okuyasu out the window, Shigechi following close behind.

You shoved all their lunches under a table in the corner and pretended to be looking for something.

The gym teacher walked in, furious. "What are you doing in here?" He asked. You stood up straight, trying to look as innocent as possible. '"I'm sorry, sir. I've been sent here by Mr. Shiomi to get a mat. Apologies for the misunderstanding." To seal the deal, you gave a deep bow.

The gym teacher sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Alright. Please hurry." You nodded and scrambled to pick up one of the white mats, and walked out of the room.

The moment that the gym teacher walked out of sight, you scrambled back into the storage room and placed the mat back into its original spot. You gave a big sigh of relief.

"Ugh, they're idiots," You said with a smile, picking up their  lunches and putting them back into the grocery bags that they had came with.

After cleaning up everything so the room didn't look too disturbed (And shoving maybe all of the packets of tea into your bra), you grabbed the bag and started to climb on the place stools to get out of the room.

You heaved yourself through and fell onto the stairs, scrapping your knees in the process. oh sucked in a little bit of air through your teeth to make the pain somewhat better as you brushed the gravel away from your shallow cuts.

Then, there was an explosion. Like, a literal explosion ahead of you. You looked up in utter shock, to see Shigechi, pretty badly hurt, and...who was he?

He was a businessman with a bright purple suit and looked about middle aged, with hair much too blonde for a Japanese person. He looked triumphantly at the bleeding Shigechi...and you saw his stand.

You heart dropped into your stomach. It was pink and cat-like, somewhat resembling Star platinum in terms of its clothes...and it could blow things up with the power of a small load of dynamite.

Shigechi dropped to the ground, motionless. You crouched down as low as you could at the bottom of the stairs as to not become the next victim.

You covered your mouth with your hands as he walked away cautiously, trying his best not to look too out of place - a brightly colored businessman on a high school campus, less than 10 feet away from a body.

You struggled to get to your feet. you had one thing left to do.

You needed to tell the others as fast as you could.

Before you knew it, your feet were carrying you to the school.
---
A/N (Read me? Thanks)
Well here it is, like I promised

Also, Very un relevant, but today in literacy we re-rote the endings to our essay books, and my teacher literally called it writing fan fiction. You know I was internally screaming (I'm sorry, is that too much cringe for you?)

Anyways, eat your vegetables
-Mom

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 205 17
[JJBA Diamond is Unbreakable Reader Insert] This is the official rewrite of my first book "The Person with Stars in their Eyes" ---------- Stars. On...
520K 17.9K 24
You always tried your best to exist as you always had. Completely unnoticed. You went to school, went home, and hung out with friends on the weekend...
61.5K 1K 34
β—‘Μˆβ‹†πŸ…·πŸ…Έ(●'β—‘'●)οΎ‰ βœ¨πŸ„So I got the I idea the reader is a girl who( πšœπšπšžπšŒπš” or Die) in the jjba and now the reader is in the man body got stuck in t...
Mine By Kate

Romance

265K 6.8K 65
" what's wrong," he asked, fucking tears, now I have to answer him " nothing I'm fine," I said he scoffed " I didn't ask are you okay but obviously y...