SULTAN {Preview}

By AmirahJulde

#1 in Sultan, more times than I can count. "Promise me, promise me oh brother, that you will take care of Su... More

Introduction.
Keywords
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Author's Note
Chapter Three
CHAPTER FOUR
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
I'm back!!!
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Author's Note
Meant Not To Be #ProjectNigeriaUC2017
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Happy Birthday SULTAN
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
A Review
Chapter Thirty-two
Dear Momma!
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
THE STORY OF US...
EPILOGUE TEASER!
EPILOGUE

Chapter Thirty-five

16K 1.1K 1K
By AmirahJulde

Awesome covers by my people❤❤❤

These three👆 by xieykhalil 😘😘

These three by @-BlueBerry😘😘

Byphareeydah_😘😘

***

I wrote SULTAN for you, you have always wanted me to be a writer, you took pride in reading anything I wrote, you promised to publish my first novel and that was even how the idea of SULTAN was born, it pains me a lot to know that today I'm finishing it and you aren't here to read it, it pains me even more that you didn't know I was writing it. Funny how I wanted to quickly finish it and give you to as a surprise to read. I don't know why I still have the urge to write on and on and on, maybe because I still want to make you proud even though I can no more see the pride in your eyes, even though I can never see that expression I always imagined you to wear when you know that I wrote a book, I know you would have been proud, you would have smiled and hugged me, then scold me for keeping it away from you, all those times I was busy with my phone and when you asked me I said "I'm trying to be creative"... Maybe I feel the urge to keep writing because I dwell in my own world of imaginations so much so that I forget the world around me, maybe because it's some sort of a therapy, maybe because it it reminds me of you...Rest in Jannah is all I can say Mimi.❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

A close friend of ours, panti1996 lost her dad few weeks back, May Allah give her the fortitude to bear the irreplaceable lost. All shall be well In Shaa Allah Halima, we are always here for you, may we be reunited with our departed parents in Jannah, Ameen.
                      ~~~
The Author's POV

She laid on the bed with a thud, breathing tiredly, Sultan drew soothing circles on her back muttering sorry.

"Will you like anything to eat?"

She shook her head, she hadn't eaten for three days and he was worried. She's been throwing up for all those days too, to the point that he was scared she might vomit out her intestines. She's thrown up for the third time that morning. He took her foot and put it on his laps, massaging it one after the other to ease her pain a little, since he couldn't bear it on her behalf entirely. He felt miserable seeing her suffer like this.

Sensing his worry, she turned around and placed her hand on his head, playing with his hair lazily, she smiled and was about to talk when bile rose in her stomach and she quickly ran out to throw up. Again. He got up and ran after her, minutes later, he came back with her in his arms and dropped her on the bed, making her sit and placing a pillow for balance.

Sitting beside her on the bed, he took her hand in his and played with it.

"Thank you" she said

"For what? You are doing me a favour by carrying my child, I should be the one thank you my love" he pushed back some hair that fell on her face and kissed her forehead, leaving his lips linger for a while.

"This pregnancy is driving me crazy" she cried "See how miserable I look, my hair is all over the place for Allah's sake. I can't even take care of myself anymore, not to talk of taking care of you" she tugged at her dishevelled hair. "I'm sorry..."

"Shush" he placed a finger on her lips "What exactly are you sorry for? For carrying my baby.. Our baby... Our Royal prince or princess In Shaa Allah?" putting his hand on her stomach, he said "To me, you have never looked more beautiful Umm Sa'adah" she blushed.

"I know you are just saying that to make me feel better"

"You know I'm not"

"Did you just call me Umm Sa'adah?"

"Yes. If the baby is a girl, we name her Sa'adah In Shaa Allah"

"And if it's a boy?"

"Abulkhair. We name him Abulkhair"

"Masha Allah. A younger version of me and you, bearing my name or yours is going to be just beautiful" she beamed "But don't you think it's too early? the pregnancy is just 3months old" she chuckled

"I know, we have 6 more months to go, I can't wait" he said rubbing her tummy "Stop, it's ticklish" she giggled.

"Tell me a story"

"Story about?"

"uhm..mm your childhood"

"Let's see" he said sitting up "My childhood was mostly uneventful, till I left for Madinah when I was 10"

"You know, my father died when I was a week old, my mother also died three days after him. Her last words were a wassiyyah to Mama, to suckle me and then for Umma and Abba to take care of me. Abba also told me it was my father's dying wish for me to have as much Islamic education as possible, to marry a righteous woman and be crowned King at the age of 21.

I was an orphan, but not really an orphan, because the people I had around never made me feel like one, they loved me, they cherished and pampered me. I was a very happy child.

Qudsiyya was born two months before me, we were breastfed together, we took our first steps together too. My almost twin. As a child she was my only playmate, until we met Sameer and Sameera in islamiyya. Sameera was our agemate while Sameer is two years older, we all became friends. They came to the palace often to play with us.

Qudsiyya didn't start talking fluently till when she was 5, I started talking before her, and for that we bullied her. She didn't know how to pronounce our names so Mama shortened it for her to Susu and Meermeer."

She started laughing "So that's where Susu originated from?" he nodded and smiled too. "I had everything at my beck and call, I shared everything with my friends. And then Batuul was born, a year later khalil followed. Khalil and Maryam were born on thesame day. We became the big brothers and sisters.  I didn't even know my parents were late, until I was 7. Well life moved on till I was whisked to Madinah with Sameer when I was 10 and he 12. Madinah was just studying, reading and more reading, for 10years and some months. Coming back home, I met you, and everything changed" he kept on smiling, those events leaving him nostalgic.

"I really love my foster family, Mama is indeed a mother. Sad thing they can't inherit me, that's why I wrote a will in their names. You know I inherited a lot of properties from both my mother and father. I willed some for Mama and Qudsiyya, they don't know of it though, you're the only one I'm telling now. And as for Abba and Umma, their reward is with Allah, they took care of a poor orphan like me. They fulfilled the promise they took my parents. It's very rare these days"

"May Allah reward them all, for raising such an amazing person like you."

"Ameen Ummulkhair, Ameen." he continued telling her stories till she fell asleep and he tugged her to bed, before hurrying to the palace, as he had some things to take care of that day.

***
"Good evening Goggo" Sameer squatted to greet his mother who was at the fire place cooking in her kitchen.

"Good evening my son, welcome. Are you just coming back, how was work today?"

"Alhamdulillah, yes I'm just coming back" he said

"Okay" she beamed and Sameer gave her a confused look "Who do you suddenly look excited Goggo?" he asked looking around, as if looking for the source of her happiness

"Nothing" she shook her head "Just go to your wife, she has good news for you"

"Really?" he hastened up, not even waiting for her reply. In his haste, he almost missed his wife who was busy doing something, her back to him. He came closer and on seeing what she's doing, gasped in shock.

"What are you doing here Biba?" he asked alarmed, startling Batuul who stood some steps away from the well she was trying to draw water from, peeping into it only once in a while. She was startled as she jumped and let go of the rope, to which he quickly held, to prevent it from falling into the well

"You startled me" she pouted "I'm drawing water from the well as you can see"

"Sorry I startled you, but why will you be drawing water by yourself? Where are your servants?"

"I laid most of them off"

"Why will you do that?" he was shocked

"Because I feel I have learnt enough to take care of my husband myself"

He heaved and held her hand, leading her to a bench, under a shade close by. "You mustn't draw water from the well to take care of me Biba, I'm not complaining"

"I know you are not, but I want to get as much blessings from my marriage as possible"

"These are things you aren't used to doing at home, it won't be fair on you if I let you do them, besides I gave you my word"

"I know, I know. But then again this is my will, I wasn't coerced. Please don't start your lecture on me being royalty and noble today again."

"But you know you are"

"I'm I as noble as Fatima (RA), the beloved daughter of our Holy Prophet was? When she got married to Ali(RA), she was caught between a lot of house hold chores, so much so that she sought for a servant, the Prophet advice her against it. It was said that
Fatima's hands were becoming calloused because of grinding flour in the mill herself. When she heard of her father receiving prisoners of war, she pro actively tried to get one as a servant for herself, but the Prophet advised her to seek refuge from Allah alone, as it is better for her. So dear  Bibi, if the beloved daughter of the Prophet could do that, then why can't I imitate her?" she had moved from calling him Barin Biba to Bibi, short form of Habibi.

"That's true, but not to the extent of drawing water, please don't do that again  I can't stand my wife doing that. Your hands are too soft and precious for drawing water and your head too tender to carry them" and she blushed. "Let me help you with it" he offered to carry it. "Where should I take it to?"

"It's for Goggo"

"Okay just go in, let me take it to her then join you"

He took the water to his mother who complained that Batuul insisted on fetching it, she went further to tease Sameer, then blessed him for being a caring husband.

He came into their room and met her jumping and trying to get something down from the top of the cabinet. "What do you want to carry from up there?"

"My jewelry box" she answered frustrated

"Okay let me help you" but instead of getting it for her, he made to carry her

"Wait wait, what are you trying to do"

"I thought you needed help, let me lift you so you can carry it"

"What makes you think you can carry me" she laughed "I weigh a lot you know, Khalil always tease me that I will break my horse's backbone one day. No thanks, just help me carry it since you're taller, I don't want to break your bones"

"I'm hurt, what do you take me for, don't you know your husband is so strong, he could pass for a warrior? Look" he said displaying his biceps and before she could utter another word, he lifted her up almost effortlessly.

"Ya Sameer please put me down, please" she fought and hit him

"Oh so you don't trust me enough, you're so scared to the point that you forgot Barin Biba of Bibi today right? Better do whatever it is you want to do because I'm not putting you down anytime soon" when she saw that fighting was useless, she reached out and took the jewelry box then told him to put her down, but instead he tickled her and she laughed almost falling off but he held her, before putting her down. "Do you need any more proof of my strength?"

She eyed him "Yes. Give me a piggy back ride" she challenged

"Then hop on" he rolled his sleeves and got on his four limps. She hopped on and he started to ride around the room with her, until she got tired and asked him to put her down. They laid down on the rug, placing their heads on one pillow and facing the ceiling.

"You and Yaya used to give me piggy back rides when I was little right?"

"Yes"

"Bibi?"

"Na'am"

"Thank you"

"What for?" he placed her head on his chest

"For everything, for helping me walk through the journey of self realisation"

"Shush,you completed half of my deen, there's no thank yous between us, okay?" she nodded.

"Bibi"

"Uhmm"

"Will you give me piggy back rides everyday?"

"Till I breathe my last" he answered, his eyes closed

"Even when we have kids?" he nodded "And when we get old?"

"Even then, Binta Rasul"

"Binta Rasul?"

"Isn't your name Nana Fatima, and isn't that the name of the beloved daughter of our Prophet. Every Fatima is a Binta Rasul, this Fatima lying next to me is a special Binta Rasul to me"

"Goosebumps, goossebumps. Ya Sameer you never get tired of flattering me. Your flatters always leave me having goosebumps all over" she playfully tugged at his beards and chuckled.

How was your day?" he asked after a while

"I went to the market" she jumped "I cooked for you too" she beamed

"Really?" he imitated her reaction "You learnt how to cook, when?"

"Goggo and Maryam have been teaching me ever since we got married, so today I went to the market and bought some soup ingredients, then cooked tuwon shinkafa miyan kuka for you, but with Maryam's supervision of course"

"Masha Allah. You must really love this husband of yours, to learn how to cook because of him"

"I could do anything to please him" she smiled "I intend to cook for that husband of mine, till the end of time. I want to see him happy, and in the process, look for my Jannah. I'm determined to get every single blessing I can from this marriage"

"May Allah bless you Nana Fatima"

"Ameen Ameen"

"So, how did the market outing go?"

"Hmmm, I went with Maryam, I didn't know that's how big the market was. You know I have never been to the market, it was fun bargaining prizes before buying, though some of the sellers who recognized me stopped bargaining and offered to give me for free, but I refused"

She was smiling while narrating her story, Sameer was happy that she's happy. "So you mean you spoke, even bargained and probably smiled at the market men too" he frowned "I might put you in purdah soon"

"Purdah?" she panicked "Please no"

"Yes, I'm going to apply thaddus zari'a on you"

"What's that?"

"Blocking the means to a lawful act which leads to an unlawful act. You see, your going to the market is lawful, since you're going there to buy things and cook for your husband, but then you will get to interact with men through that, and they will listen to your angelic voice and marvel at your beauty too" his frown deepened, as he looked like a hungry child who was refused food.

"Please don't put me in purdah Bibi, I will be wearing niqab while going out"

"That will be alright, and please don't bargain, just ask for the prizes and pay, so they don't have a chance to hear you speak much." Batuul nodded, regretting why she told him in the first place "And come to think it, with whose permission did you go out"

She blinked "I told Goggo"

"Is Goggo your husband? Islamically, you are supposed to ask for permission from your husband before going anywhere, please don't go out without my permission again okay?" she nodded and apologised, she just wanted to surprise him. She excused herself and went to bring his lunch. He ate in silence and praised her cooking. He was really impressed. She cleared the plates after he was done and came back to sit with him.

"How was your own day?"

"My day was good, I mostly had succession cases today. A pregnant woman came to file an action, she said her husband died few months ago, she was pregnant then, so she's still in iddah pending when she gives birth and for that, distribution of the deceased estate is delayed till then. But the late husband's uterine brother insists that it should be shared. So I told her to come back with them tomorrow. She said the husband's mother is alive too"

"To begin with, who is a uterine brother?"

"A sibling whom you share a mother with. Consanguine sibling is one whom you have the same father with and germane sibling is the one you're the same mother and father with"

"Okay. So what will happen now?"

"There's no way the estate can be shared. Assuming he has heirs whose position won't change no matter the birth or not of the child change their share, then they can be given. But you see, a mother's share is 1/3 if the deceased left behind no child or sibling but when there's a child, her share is 1/6. A wife's share is 1/4 if there's no child, but if there's a child, her share is 1/8. If this unborn child turns out to be a boy, he will exclude the father's brother completely, as he will be given the residue of the estate after his mother's and grandmother's share is removed. His share will be more than a half."

"What if she gives birth to twins, two boys or a boy and a girl?"

"There share will be 2:2 in the case of two boys, but as for a boy and a girl, it is 2:1"

"Your calculations are giving me a headache. So what happened in the second case, and the third?"

"In the other case, still on inheritance. Two women who were married to the deceased came to lay a complaint, that their husband divorced his third wife and died a month after that, but that the wife is back now, observing the iddah with them. On further inquiry, I found out that her divorce was a revocable one, that is there's still marriage between them, since it's the first divorce, and since she wasn't done with her iddah, she can leave that one and start a fresh iddah for a deceased husband. She is entitled to inherit him.

The third case, the family of a girl came to report a boy that impregnated her, he promised to take care of her throughout the pregnancy and even when she gives birth, and marry her afterwards, he didn't adhere to any of the promises made and that was why they came. You see, under Shariah, a judge has the right to look beyond the complaint brought before him. The primary issue there is that they committed fornication and the punishment of a fornicator and fornicatress as stated in the Quran is 100 lashes of cane. So I'm going to execute it soon, when I finish my findings and both of them admit to committing it."

"You and this your cases, May Allah guide us through. But what do you think prompts people to commit adultery or fornication?"

"The temptation are enormous, we can't judge a person without giving him right to fair hearing, however nothing is justifiable for intentionally walking into Zinah, so one must be punished, if it can proven beyond reasonable doubt, as it is a very delicate issue, careless accusations without cogent proves can amount to defamation and the punishment for defamation is 80 lashes of cane"

"Subhanallah. Hmm, that's true. So I was thinking"

"Thinking about?"

"Would you mind if I open a small islamiyya? Where young girls can come in the evenings to study"

"No I won't, but let me think about it first"

"Thank you thank you" she said hugging him.

"So how many of your servants did you lay off?"

"Six of them. Those that cook, clean the house and fetch water"

"We will have to get some back. I understand if my wife wants to cook for me, but I can't stand seeing her fetch water or sweep, that's a no no. And don't give me any excuse."

"Seriously it's fi..."

"No way. By the way, Goggo said you had good news for me, I almost forgot. So, will you mind sharing this good news with me?" Batuul got up and wore her hijab when he said that, as if it wasn't enough, she hid behind the curtains. "What is it, did I say something wrong?" he asked amused.

"I'm... I'm. I'm pregnant" her face was still in her palms as she waited for his reaction, but got none. She slowly opened her eyes and saw him down in prostration. When he finally got up, there were tears in his eyes. He slowly walked up to a shocked Batuul on weak legs and took her hand.

Thank you Biba, thank you. I never imagined a day like this will come. You have brought nothing but blessings into my life. I cried when you agreed to give me a chance, I cried yet again when you agreed to marry me, I cried when you were brought to my house as my bride and now the news of a little being growing inside of you, who is half me and half the one I love, brought tears to my eyes. I'm speechless Biba I don't even know what to say. Thank you" he kissed her stomach. She was speechless too all this while "Can I talk to it, can it hear me, how old is it"

"As old as our marriage is"

"Masha Allah, three months. But your stomach is still as flat as before" he rubbed her stomach gently, and placed his head near it.

"It will grow with time"

"Come and sit down, be careful" he led her to the bed "So what do you want us to name the baby?"

"Abdulmalik for a boy, and Malika for a girl" she smiled shyly, refusing to meet his gaze.

"Masha Allah, beautiful names. What if it's twins?"

She crunched her nose "Yaya please don't let the passing angels say Ameen to your prayers" and they both laughed.

"So what does my lady want from this gentleman as a gift now? Mention anything"

"Uhmm, I want just one thing"

"Which is?"

"I want to go home please, that's the only gift you can give me now"

He signed in surrender "When?"

"Today, now!"

"Get dressed then"

"Yaay, thank you handsome. I love you." she hugged him and hurried to go change

"Wait, did you just say you love me?" he asked shocked because she's never uttered those words to him.

"Yes I just did." she held the door knob "I love you, always have, always will" she ran off and left him smiling. Because those were the exact words he told her on their first meeting.

They came out of their house, heading to the palace when they saw Sameer parents sitting on a mat outside. They squatted down and greeted them then told them they were going to greet her parents at the palace.

"Greet your parents for me my daughter, May Allah continue to shower his blessings upon you" Bappa, Sameer father said.

"Ameen, thank you Bappa" she replied almost inaudibly.

"These kids love each other very much. Do you see the way your son looks at her" Bappa said when they left.

"The same way you looked at me 24years ago" Goggo shrugged.

"What do you mean, that I don't look at you that way anymore or what?"

"You still do. Sometimes. When you feel like."

"Hmmm, I know what to do. I will just marry a second wife, or what do you think." he teased

"I think it's high time, you're long overdue. After all your wife is already all, you need a young blood"

Bappa laughed, his wife was already used to his teasing to get angry at him whenever he did. "So now a 40 years old woman is old right? Tomorrow, you will tell me you're 40 years young. Women" he shook his head

"Men" she said in the same manner he did. He continued teasing her until Maryam joined them.

***

Immediately they stepped into the Palace, the guards and maids started greeting Batuul and her husband, and praising them. One of them even took his algaita and blew it a few times. Their gestures warmed her heart. She didn't know she's missed home this much till now. She's been away for three months without seeing her Umma and Abba. She squealed and hugged her mother the moment they stepped into her chamber and she sighted her. "I have missed you Umma" she cried. They sat down and exchanged pleasantries, all the while, Umma's eyes never leaving her daughter. Sultan came in too, after a while.

"Where is Khalil, Abba and everybody" she asked

"Khalil is with your father in the stable I guess" she didn't finish talking when Batuul got up and rushed to the stable. Sultan excused himself to call Khairi.

***

"...that was how the poor slave became the King" they all laughed. Sultan came into her chamber to inform her that Sameer and Batuul came visiting and met her with her maids. One was the storyteller, another was massaging her feet, the new Jakadiya was feeding her broth from a bowl and the last was fanning her with a large fan that had colourful feathers at the edges. He entered the room with a Salaam and all the maids stopped what they're doing to greet him.

"All these work they're doing are my duty, my queen. Why didn't you send for me?" he collected the fan and the food from the maids "You may now leave" he dismissed them.

"Thank you your highness. Do you need anything my queen?" Jakadiya asked "Yes, moringa" he said smiling at Khairi "Cook moringa soup for her, moringa leafs are good for a pregnant woman, make it spicy"  he ordered

"Okay your highness"

Khairi was looking at him all the while blushing. He took the broth and started feeding her "I'm glad you're eating"

"Me too, my stomach finally accepted food after days. At least when I come to throw up, there will be something in my stomach to actually vomit"

" sssh and just eat"

"Okay" he was glad she finished eating it. He kept the bowl then kept her foot on his lap and started to gently massage it, while she played with his hair. "Sameer and Batuul are here"

"Really?" she jumped up excitedly "Why didn't you tell me "I wanted you to finish eating first before telling you"

She was already running to her inner chamber "Let me get dressed" she came out after some minutes and he slung his arm around her shoulder while they walked out.

"Ya Khairi!"

"Batuul" the two pregnant women squealed and ran to hug each other not paying heed to their husbands' warning to be careful

"Look at you Batuul, you look so fresh and beautiful, you must be eating well, you have added weight. Tell me now, what's the secret"

Batuul laughed, a high pitched one. "I'm happy Ya Khairi, that's the secret. My husband cherishes me a lot, that's the reason for my glow"

"Batuulwhere has all your shyness flown to? So you are saying all these in front of me right? I'm not even surprised, you weren't shy to begin with" Umma teased which caused Sameer to scratch the back of his head.

"Haba Umma" she pouted "Ya Khairi I missed you a lot, what's wrong with you, you look a bit pale"

"It's nothing really, just a little fever, I'm well now" Khairi answered while they both sat down beside Umma, Sultan sat close to Sameer and Khalil.

"Dan auta baby last, when do you plan on getting married?" Umma asked Khalil and everyone turned his attention to him. He got up, dramatically adjusted his cap and went out of room saying Umma has sent him away. Making everybody laugh.

"Umma your son is not ready to get married, he told me that marriage will be in 10years to come" Batuul commented

"10 what? Not in my house, we will get him married the moment I find a girl for him"

They continued chatting and laughing for a while before maids started bringing in bowls and bowls of food. They served everybody and left. Sameer refused to eat in front of Umma, and so they left for the sitting room, each wife following her husband with his food. They came back and Umma insisted they eat from the same bowl.

"I'm glad you're eating today, it shows you're getting better"

"Yes Umma, Alhamdulillah, I even ate before coming here"

"Was she really sick?" Batuul asked

"She's been sick for a while now, nothing she eats stays in her stomach" Umma replied and Batuul started laughing "Why are you laughing, what's funny?" Umma asked "Nothing"

They finished eating and the maids came in to clear the plates. Khairi excused herself to intentionally give them some time to discuss. Batuul moved closer to her mother and lay on her laps, then removed her headtie, knowing that her mother will play with her hair.

"How are you Gimbiya Fatima Zahra Batuula"

Batuul laughed "All these names for me Umma. I'm fine"

"Are you happy?"

"More than words can say Umma, I'm glad I took your advise, thank you for being there for me, thank you for standing by my and understanding how I truly felt during my trying times when no one really did" she said, tears rolling down the corners of her eyes.

"Oh Batuula, I'm your mother remember, it's my duty to advise you and stand by you whenever the need arises. If I don't do that for you, then who will? And you see what I have been telling you right, patience pays, everyone was created into this world with his destined spouse. If one is patient, Allah will grant him someone that will cherish him, just like Sameer does you, all one needs is time and prayers. I see the way he looks at you, he loves you, a lot. Please respect your husband my child, be loyal to him and his parents and Jannah will be yours In Shaa Allah"

"Thank you Umma, I don't know what I would have done without you" she said hugging her mother.

"Umma guess what" she squealed and clapped, then wiped her tears one after the other and smiled "I have learnt how to cook, I can now cook Umma, I cooked for him today" she grinned

"Really? That's nice, I'm so happy for you. Sameer is from a good family, his mother is a good woman, and that's why I was glad when he came asking for your hand and I talked your father into accepting. I have to personally thank her for this. I'm happy that you are happy Batuul, I'm happy that you are in safe hands" Umma beamed

"Is Ya Khairi pregnant?" she grinned mischievously

"Yes, I know that's why you laughed when I said she throws up whatever she eats these days, naughty girl"

"I'm happy for her"

"I am too. So tell me, how old is your's?"

"Ummaaaa" she drew her veil and covered her face "How did you know, did he tell you"

"Must anyone tell me when my daughter is pregnant? I'm not your mother for nothing. It's written all over you, you look chubbier and lighter, your face looks tender." she hugged her daughter "Alhamdulillah, I'm so happy for you, I can't wait to hold my grandchildren, yours and Sultan's. And so you can be shy for once" she laughed

Sultan, Sameer and Khairi came in after a while and sat down then continued chatting. Batuul didn't utter a word again because Umma knew she was pregnant and that made her uncomfortable. Now Umma will tell Abba, and how will they look at her from now on.

"Ummulkhair, Sameer told me that they plan to go for Umrah (lesser pilgrimage) soon. So I was thinking, I told him to delay it a bit till you're in your second trimester, so we could go together" Sultan said

"Okay, thank you" she smiled, and because Umma was there, she didn't show him how happy and grateful she was.

"Batuul come" Batuul gladly got up and followed Khairi to her chambers.

"So how old is your pregnancy..." they but started simultaneously and laughed

"How did you know I was pregnant?"

"Umma told me, and you, how did you know I was?"

"Come on Batuul, it's so obvious that you are. Do you see how fresh you look" they laughed "Unlike mine that makes me sick and look miserable, loss of appetite, swollen feet, nausea, dizziness and vomiting, you just name it. And it's just 3 months"

"Wow, mine is 3 months too. I should count myself lucky then, I haven't encountered any of these symptoms, I just noticed that I eat a lot these days. In fact I didn't know I was pregnant, until Goggo told me today. She was also surprised that I didn't know"

"You're so funny wallah, how can't you know you were pregnant, anyway it's because the pregnancy is an easy one. How then did you know you're 3 months?"

"Goggo said she noticed quite early, that she knew I was pregnant about two weeks after our wedding, and then I have not seen my period since I got married. So she put two and two together and said it was three months"

"How did you feel when she was doing the calculations?"

"Like the earth should open up and swallow me I tell you. Thank God Maryam was there" they both laughed

"You must be carrying a Hero"

"Of course you know I'm not, you are.  Because you're carrying the heir to this kingdom, our future king In Shaa Allah" that's how they continued chatting till Magrib, after they prayed, Batuul requested for fura da nono. She was drinking it when a maid came in and informed her that her husband's waiting for her. She dismissed her and continued chatting with Khairi and drinking her fura till they got tired of waiting and Sultan came in to fetch her.

"Batuul weren't you told that your husband is waiting for you?" he scolded

"But... But Yaya"

"Stand up let's go"

"I'm taking fura"

"You can go with it" Batuul stamped her foot and walked out, however tightly clutching her calabash of fura.

"What took you so long"

"You didn't have to send Yaya to chase me out" she accused

"Of course you know I didn't, and where are you going with this?"

It's my fura, and I won't share it with you" she stuck her tongue at him

"Keep it please, if it's fura you want, I will get it for you in kegs"

"Nooo, it's this one I want." he signed in surrender, Batuul was stubborn like that, she got whatever she wanted. "You didn't even let me spend more time with Umma, will you let me come back tomorrow?"

"Some other time, not tomorrow"

"Promise?"

"Cross my heart Biba" he clutched his chest. Sultan and his wife who stood aside watching the couple argue laughed.

"And what did you just call my sister Sameer?" Sultan asked

"Batuul"  he shrugged

"No, I heard something else, was it Binta?"

"Yes Binta, he said Binta" Batuul chipped in

"Is your name Binta?" 

"Of course, Binta Rasul" she laughed and Sultan knew that's not what he heard. He just wanted to make sure Sameer wasn't getting all naughty with his sister, but of course he wouldn't have trusted anyone else with her. They saw them off to the gate and Batuul hugged Khairi goodbye "Goodnight Maman Yerima"

"Goodnight Goggon Yerima" and they all laughed, then waved each other and Sameer bent down, so Batuul could climb his back. Khairi watched them with amazement and envy. A tap on the shoulder got her attention.

"Hop on will you?"

"Yes yes, gladly" she hopped onto Sultan's back and he walked back in. The guards gave them weird looks but Sultan didn't spare them as much as a glance. It was already dusk. He put her down and they sat on log of wood, watching the sun set. He laid her head on his shoulder and they sat in silence for a long time.

"Abu Abulkhair?"

"Na'am" he chuckled, the name sounded funny.

"Thank you. For everything."

"You don't have to thank me for anything you know"

"I don't have to, I need to. You lifted me up from a nobody to a Queen. I was nothing but a maid, in fact a slave, captured from war. I don't have a family, at least none that I know of. I was brought into this Kingdom as a child slave, if not for the kind heart of the King, who set us free and kept us in the orphanage. Then later on brought us to the palace to work and earn a living. The luck was more than enough for me. I never imagined getting married to a noble, I never dreamt of being a Queen. Since you came into my life, you have done nothing but good to me, you have brought nothing but light into it. You are my Nur, my Nurul hayat, Nurul ayn. Light of my life. Please stay with me forever, don't ever leave me, I can't imagine a life without you in it"

"Everything that happens to a being is his destiny Khair. You were destined to be a Queen, so one way or the other, you still would have. So give your thanks to Allah instead. I promise to stay with you Khair, our love will stand the test of time In Shaa Allah"

She was sniffing, tears of joy were what fell from her eyes. He rubbed her back, comforting her.

"You have never called my name Umm Sa'adah."

She shook her head "Fulani wives don't call their husbands by name"

"Well my name is Muhammad Sa'ad, so if you call me Sultan, you are not entirely calling me by name. It's just a pet name"

"I want to live and die in your arms my Sultan"

"And I will get married to you again in another life, mother of my children. My Sultana!" he laced their fingers together.

The faraway sounds of birds, the moonlight cascading their features, the cool breeze of the night and the gentle whispers of the wind all contributed as these two star struck lovebirds vowed to stand by each other till the end of time...

                    ~~~
And they lived happily ever after....

                       THE END.
Hello lovelies, how was it? We got the happily ever after we all wanted, yeah? I write an epilogue, but not anytime soon, but I will surely write it.

After a year and months, I bring Sultan to an end. It took lots of my time oo... Lol. While cooking, in class, when I'm supposed to write an assignment or read, in every mood, I write Sultan. But it was worth it at last.
I will miss you all, your comments that lights up my mood always ❤❤. I'm starting a new story pretty soon, I will tell you guys when it's up.

tahmyrah sweet loving Tammy 😊😍

Em-square my role model in writing Anty M 😘😘

ummyasmeen Anty Azizah, I want to be like you when I grow 🙌🙌

xclusive_jazmien, sweet tiny human being, come and beat me 😝❤

faizahamusa hormones lover, comment box somebody😂😂

hawieb1004 and lipsdripping mother and child 😄😄you make my comment box lively.

Asmaaah__ kanwata 💕💕

phareeydah_ Auta, in ba badman ba sai rijiya koh 😂

Siyyamah and -Blue-Berry- cute chubby cheeks 😘😘

Cry-baby101 cry cry baby 😛😛

Er_eminence CocoMeenauwaieesh hadixa27 Siddyqa Maryamou_  harleemah02 I heart you all ❤❤❤

Special thanks goes to my dad❤❤. My brothers Ya Murtala❤
Ya Mahdi❤
HammanyeroJulde (Bros OB)❤and AminuJulde (Amine). Amine even though you said the book was too religious 😝❤

If you've read this book up to this point, please put my mum in your prayers. If you enjoyed it even if it's a bit, please offer a prayer for my sisters.
If you love your dad, please pray for Allah to grant mine speedy recovery and if you love me as much as I love you, please pray for me to have rest of mine, inner peace and happiness. To be a good mother to my nephews Sameer and Sultan. Thank you.❤❤❤

I have forgiven whosoever might have offended me through the course of writing this book and I pray you forgive me too😊😊.
Ramadan is starting soon, Ramadan Kareem dear brothers and sisters❤❤❤❤

Amira Julde saying goodbye, with lots of love 😍😍😘😘❤❤
Ma'assalam.
25th May, 2017.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 13.2K 32
COMPLETED English/Hausa For someone who has never had it easy in life, Labiba believed her world has finally come to an end when she was practically...
135K 12.4K 58
Book one in the Dantata Series She joked about getting a husband at the wedding. He was the groom's cousin. They say some love stories start when you...
1.1M 110K 51
A love story of a teenager Ruqayyah Ameen.. Ever since she was born,she took over her parent's heart cause of her outstanding character,she's beautif...
12.8K 790 37
" I know this marriage started as an arrangement but now I've fallen for you. Please give me a chance to love you and show you that I care." I told h...