I Was Made for Loving You (La...

LHStylinson द्वारा

"Daddy... Daddy that's Peter Pan." "Nate, love, don't point," Harry said softly, gently pushing his son's han... अधिक

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
How to order a paperback/hardcover/Ebook copy !

Chapter 1

35.3K 849 2.2K
LHStylinson द्वारा

"Nathaniel!! Nate come- God dammit," Harry muttered to himself, his camera bag falling off his shoulder and nearly smashing to the ground before his already full hand caught it and managed to somewhat push it back up his arm.

"Come on daddy!!"

"Buddy just- hang on, give daddy a second!" Harry yelled back, trying to organize himself and the million and one bags they seemed to have. "Nathaniel please come here."

He knew at this point he was almost begging, but there were a thousand things running through his head, mainly making sure his son didn't get taken or lost in the crowd on the dock.

"Daddy you not be having such hard time if you no bring cameras," Nate huffed as he ran up to his father and tugged the camera bag off his dad's arm, trying to help him out a bit.

"Buddy we're going on an adventure, don't you want to be able to look back at all the fun times we're gonna have?"

Nate looked up to his daddy with raised eyebrows, letting out a deep breath and shaking his head, because his father brings his cameras with him everywhere. To the park, out to eat, even watching movies on the couch at home is considered an "adventure".

"Don't give me that look, I'm doing all this for you," and Harry may have been half lying, the whole purpose of him taking pictures of his son is so he can remember all the moments they had together when he grows up, but he thought he could keep that to himself. "You should be saying 'thank you daddy, I love the surprise you got me'," he said with a teasing smile.

At that Nate bit his lip, hiding his growing smile as he reached for his father's two fingers and wrapped his little hand around them. "Thank you daddy," he said bashfully.

"You're welcome love," Harry laughed to himself, bending down just enough to press a quick kiss to his son's head. "Now come on, Uncle Liam is waiting for us."

"Yes!!" Nate cheered, tugging on his daddy's fingers as hard as he could to get him moving towards the huge boat.

And Harry had no choice but to follow of course, pulling their luggage along the way and praying he wouldn't trip anyone, or that he wouldn't trip over himself.

It was definitely a lot harder than he thought with Nate nearly dragging him to the cruise ship, but Harry got it, he really did. His son was only 3 and this was the first vacation they've ever been on, and everything was so foreign to his little boy, he knew he wanted to explore it at all. But not only was Nate excited, but Harry was too. He's never left the country before this, and truth be told he isn't really the adventurous type, but when Liam offered him this deal he couldn't pass it up.

"Daddy where uncle Liam? I no see him," Nate groaned, tugging his father another way and not paying any mind to the other people walking by them.

"Buddy!" Harry shrieked, his son successfully making him crash into a small brunette haired man. "Sorry, I'm so sorry!!" he called over his shoulder as Nate kept pulling him, only to see the quick flash of bright blue eyes on him, offering a small smile and wave translating not to worry about it before he kept on his way.

"Nathaniel I know you're excited, but please, be a little more careful big guy."

Nate let out a small breath but nodded anyways, slowing down his pace and giving his daddy a break so he could adjust their bags.

"Alright, uncle Liam said he'd be waiting by the entrance for us, so we're almost there," Harry said, looking at the huge ship in front of them and trying to figure out just which entrance Liam was talking about since there were about 10 of them.

He knew there was no way in hell he was going to go to the right one though, so his only hope was to go through one of them and text his best mate once they were inside. And that's exactly what he did, making sure they calmly and carefully got aboard the boat, Nate shaking with excitement as the minutes passed. But of course as soon as Harry texted Liam and they managed to find the older lad the 3 year old was screaming.

"Uncle Liam!!!"

"Nate!! Big guy!" Liam said, scooping up his nephew as he ran at him. "I'm so happy you're here, now the real fun can begin!"

"Yes!!" Nate cheered, jumping in the older man's arms and hugging him tightly.

"Hey mate," Harry breathed out, smiling at Liam as he adjusted the bags in his arms. "Listen, thank you again for helping me out with this, you have no idea-"

"H, c'mon, stop thanking me," Liam scoffed. "It wasn't like it was any trouble for me."

"Yeah, but still," Harry said sheepishly.

He didn't even want to know what strings Liam had to pull to get them such a cheap deal for this trip. Of course he knew his best mate was pretty high up in the chain, being head of entertainment on the ship, but he was still shocked and grateful Liam did this for them.

"Well I'm sure you guys are tired and want to relax a little bit, so I'll take you to your room and get you settled in," Liam said happily, taking one of Harry's suitcase in the hand that wasn't occupied with Nate and started heading to the lift.

Harry gratefully followed after Liam, more than relieved to finally be out of the burning Florida sun. He swears just from being outside for 10 minutes he already was starting to get sunburned, he was just happy Nate didn't have his skin tone so he didn't have to constantly coat him in sunblock like he did himself.

Despite the inevitable sunburn Harry was going to get he knew this trip would be great, just him and his boy and some much needed relaxing time.

And from the looks of this ship he knew there was going to be a lot of that. This was place huge and luxurious, and now Harry really wondered how much of a deal Liam gave them, because this cruise looked like it was built just for the rich, and he was far from that.

It wasn't just him who noticed how nice the ship was either, Nate's little eyes looking all over the place as Liam carried him to their room, even marvelling at the marbled and shiny lift that carried them to their floor.

"Here we are boys, home for the next two weeks," Liam said happily, pulling a keycard from his pocket and opening the door for the two.

"Liam holy-" Harry cut himself off, his jaw going slack and barely shuffling into the room to get a full look. "Mate what the hell?! You- no, no, you didn't have to do this for us, we-"

"Daddy shush! Thank you uncle Liam!!" Nate squealed as he crushed the older man in a hug.

Liam couldn't help the surprised laugh that escaped him as he hugged Nate back and kissed his head, not really expecting this reaction. "Well of course buddy, it's no problem."

Harry wanted to tell him that yes, this was a very big problem. A room like this should not be given to someone like him who paid so little to be here.

"Liam really, we'd be good in a small room, just two twin beds and a bathroom..."

"Harry," Liam warned, raising his eyebrows at the younger lad and silently telling him it really wasn't a big deal. "It's an empty room we had on board and this little guy needs some room to run around."

Harry let out a deep breath, looking between Nate and Liam, knowing he could beg for a smaller room, but if his best mate was insisting...

"Thanks Li... For everything."

And Liam just hummed, knowing that wasn't the last time Harry would thank him, even though he really hoped it would be. "So do you guys wanna settle in and relax before we dock off or explore a little bit of the boat?"

"Exploring!!"

"Nate you don't want to unpack?" Harry asked, more than ready to empty their suitcases and organize their belongings.

Nate just looked back at his father from his uncle's arms, giving him a blank stare before huffing to himself and shaking his head. "Daddy you do that when I go to bed, but first explore!"

Harry really should've guessed the 3 year old would say something like that, but truth be told getting a personal tour of this enormous cruise ship from his best mate seemed more fun than unpacking.

"Alright, alright, we can explore," he smiled at his son, unable to miss the way Nate lit up.

Even Liam's own grin could be seen from miles away, shifting the 3 year old in his arms and nearly skipping back towards the door. "Well I hope you two are up for some walkin cause we have a lot to cover!"

And just at hearing that Harry wanted to groan, after hours of travel the last thing he wanted to do was walk around, but instead just nap. The look on Nate's face though was all worth it, especially since it was something so simple as following Liam around and seeing everything the cruise had to offer them.

*~*

"And over here is where we have the midnight buffet, now Nate I know you'll be in bed, but H if you wanna sneak out for a snack it's awesome, especially the cocktails," Liam said happily, knowing he himself was going to make a few trips out here when he gets off duty.

But all Harry did was hum, as tempting as drinks and endless food sounds at midnight he knew he couldn't leave Nate in the room by himself.

Overall the cruise ship seemed more than amazing. There were plenty of things for Nate to do, too many shows, and activities they could do together and Harry wasn't going to lie the adult only parts of the ships were more than tempting, but he knew it would be a bit hard to go unless someone could watch Nate.

And by the end of the tour there was no lying, both him and his son were more than exhausted from walking all over the place, but if anything Liam had more energy than he did before they started. It was clear he loved his job, and loved showing off everything he set up for the guests, but Harry had to give him credit of course, they had just launched off the dock and already people seemed to be having the time of their lives.

"Uncle Liam where the kitchen? I'm hungry," Nate groaned as he tugged on the older man's hand.

"Oh you're hungry now are you? Well good thing uncle Liam has just the thing for you then," he smiled down at the 3 year old. "I set you two up with a table at one of the restaurants tonight, thought you could start the first night off with a nice dinner."

At that Harry raised his eyebrows, about to say just how grateful he was until Liam shot him a quick look and shook his head. So he snapped his mouth shut, instead just smiled gratefully at his best mate and followed him to wherever this restaurant was.

Harry just wished he looked a little nicer, especially since he hasn't showered or changed since the flight. He hasn't looked himself in the mirror since they left London, and Harry was sure he looked like a hot, sleepy mess, but then again, food seemed to be a very pressing matter if his son moaning and groaning in Liam's arms about how hungry he was was anything to go by.

"Here you are big guy," Liam said softly as he placed Nate down in a chair at one of the larger tables in the place. "Now when the waiter comes to give you the check just tell him your name, it'll be on the house."

"Liam-"

"No, nope, stop it," Liam quickly stopped him.

Harry just eyed the older man for a second before letting out a huff and looking to the table. "Fine," he muttered. "Can I at least ask why we have such a big table for the two of us?"

"Oh, so this is something new the ship is trying out, my idea actually," Liam laughed sheepishly to himself. "So we want more people on the boat to get to know one another a bit, make it easier to make friends and whatnot, so we have multiple groups that come in sharing a table."   

Harry hummed and bit his lip, focusing his eyes on the three empty chairs at their table and curious as to who might be occupying them and joining him and his son for a meal.

"Don't worry H, have fun with it, meet some people, be social," Liam smiled softly at him. "I really have to get back to work but text me later alright? Let me know how you're settling in or if you want to grab a drink after my shift is done."

Harry nodded back at him, sending him one more grateful look before taking his seat next to Nate and seeing his son with his eyebrows furrowed, eyes squinted and his tongue sticking outside the corner of his mouth as he looked down at a menu.

"See anything that looks good buddy?" he chuckled to himself, knowing very well his boy couldn't read a single thing this menu had to offer.

"I guess the chicken tenders," Nate hummed and shrugged to himself.

At that Harry raised his eyebrows, scanning over the menu and seeing no such thing being offered. "How do we feel about baked mac and cheese? That seem okay?" he asked through a small laugh.

Nate pursed his lips, tapping his chubby little finger on his chin as he thought about it. "Sure," he said easily enough, not needing to consider it all that much.

And Harry couldn't help the fond smile that came over him as he looked down at his son and kissed his curls. He could see Nate winding down a bit as he slumped in his chair and tried to fight off sleep.

It's been a long day for them and truth be told Harry was a bit shocked the 3 year old didn't pass out in Liam's arms as they took a tour of the boat. But then again he knew how excited Nate was for this trip and all the adventures they were bound to get up to.

There was no hiding it, this trip was more than important to Harry. He hasn't been the father he needed to be for Nate for too long now, and he knew he had to change, had to make a difference in his life if he wanted his son to know that he really does love him, that he cares about him more than anything in the world. And he was hoping he could start with this trip.

"Here you are gentlemen, enjoy your meal."

Harry looked up, his eyes catching a waiter motioning to their table and seeing 3 guys that looked about his age thanking the older man gratefully and taking their seats.

"Hey man, how's it goin?"

Harry smiled back at the blonde lad, his Irish accent impossible to miss as he took a seat next to him and stuck his hand out to shake.

"Hey, good, m'Harry," he said, offering him a small smile and accepting his waiting hand.

"Niall."

And all Harry did was nod back at him, looking across the table and seeing a dark raven haired man grinning back at him, offering his hand as well before introducing himself as Zayn.

"Nice to meet you," Harry said back to him before dropping their hands and looking to the last and final guy sitting directly across from him.

But as soon as their eyes met Harry went still, swallowing thickly and clearing his throat slightly at seeing this man just staring at him with his bright blue eyes, not moving an inch or making a sound.

And Harry was a bit stuck himself, seeing just how handsome this stranger was and knowing he looked like an absolute mess, definitely not making a good first impression. But what he didn't understand was why this guy was still just staring at him, there's no way he already said something stupid, all he did so far was introduce himself.

"Uhm.." Harry fidgeted a bit in his chair, shifting his gaze away from the man across from him but still feeling his eyes on him. "This is my son Nate," he said, trying to fill the silence. "Nathaniel wanna say hi?"

"Hi," Nate said shyly, tucking himself into his daddy's side and trying to hide himself a bit from the three other men.

"Hey little man, how ya doin?" Zayn smiled softly at him.

And Harry really was grateful that they were being nice to them, in the back of his mind almost cursing Liam for doing this to them. He would've hated if these guys were rude or obnoxious, or were just annoyed having to sit with a toddler.

It was a bit weird for him, sitting with a group of guys that were his age, clearly here for some type of "boys retreat" while he was here with his 3 year old son.

"Uh hi."

Harry picked his head up at the soft voice, his eyes meeting a pair of blue ones that were watching him carefully.

"I'm uhm, I'm Louis," he said through a small smile, offering his hand to Harry. "Sorry, I was kinda off in me own little world."

Harry just grinned back at him as he slipped his hand into Louis' much smaller one, seeing he was a bit embarrassed if his pink tinted cheeks were anything to go by. "It's no problem."

And Louis' smile just grew, biting his lip to try to hide it, but Harry could see right past it, could see the way he was grinning so much that it reached his eyes.

"Daddy..."

"Huh?" Harry's eyes snapped to Nate, seeing the 3 year old look at him confused before he realized he was still shaking Louis' hand. "Oh! Uh, sorry, sorry!," he rushed out.

Louis pulled his hand away as Harry did, shrugging like it wasn't a problem at all before a sudden realization came over him. "Wait... Were you the one who crashed into me on the dock? The guy who apologized like a million times?"

Harry's jaw went slack, knowing his face was going bright red as he did recognize those bright blue eyes. "Uh... Uhm yeah?" he said with nothing but sheer embarrassment.

And it was the same time the three guys around the table burst into laughter, only making Harry blush that much more.

"I really am sorry about that, he was just excited and tugging on me, I didn't mean to-"

"Mate! Mate! Calm down, it's okay," Louis stopped him.

"Shoulda seen Lou, he seemed like a truck ran over him, he was so scared," Niall said in between his laughter.

At that Louis stopped his own laughing, instead turning to his mate and narrowing his eyes at him.

"I was happy, it got him to shut up about finding the right entrance to the boat," Zayn muttered through a smile as he glanced over at the blue eyed lad.

"I didn't even say that much!" Louis countered back. "Just all you need is faith, trust and little bit of pixie dust!"

Harry looked between the three guys, having to hold back his own laugh as they bantered a bit, but then he felt Nate tugging on him, and he looked down to see his son almost in shock.

"Daddy... Daddy that's Peter Pan."

"Nate, love, don't point," Harry said softly, gently pushing his son's hand down and offering the man sitting across from him an apologetic smile. "That's not Peter, he just-"

"How did you know I was Peter Pan?" Louis interrupted him, whispering to Nate as if it was a secret just between them and looking at him just as shocked. "Are you one of my lost boys?" he asked, a small smile playing at his lips and an eyebrow quirked in curiousity.

Nate's jaw completely dropped as he heard the older man, his entire face lighting up before he was standing up on his seat and pointing an excited finger at Louis. "You are!! You are Peter Pan!!"

"Nathaniel!" Harry quickly said, trying to get his 3 year old to sit back down and stop screaming.

"Oh, did I forget to introduce myself?" Louis asked, his voice filled with surprise as he stood up from his own seat. "I'm Peter... Peter Pan," he said with a bow.

At that Nate actually shrieked, him smiling so wide it could be seen from miles as he jumped on his seat and clapped his hands excitedly.

The other guys around the table weren't as amused though, Zayn and Niall rolling their eyes' having heard this line too many times to count as Harry was just trying to ignore the many eyes in the restaurant that were focused on them.

"I know it! I know it's you!!" Nate said excitedly. "Oh my gosh, daddy!" he squealed, not even sure what to do with himself as he realized the real life Peter Pan was in front of him.

But Harry wasn't really sure what to do, didn't know if Louis was just being nice or if this guy sitting at their table really was the famous voice of Peter Pan.

"You know you... Well you don't have to do this," Harry said quietly to Louis, making the blue eyed lad look at him confused. "It's nice of you and all, but you don't have to pretend to be Peter."

What he wasn't expecting were the three perplexed looks from the the guys around the table, followed by them all laughing at him.

"Mate he's being serious..." Niall said through a snicker. "He really played Peter Pan... A bunch of other animated characters too as a matter of fact."

At that Harry's jaw went slack, looking to Nate who was still too excited for words, and Harry thought he might be getting to that point too.

"W-wait, you- you're Louis, l-like Louis Tom-"

"Louis Tomlinson, yeah," he chuckled to himself as he nodded. "The man, the myth, the legend, the voice of Disney at your service," Louis winked at him, taking his seat and getting himself comfortable.

Harry went completely still, hearing Nate squeal again next to him and everyone else laughing but he couldn't help it. He's heard of this guy, he's read about this guy, he secretly had crushes on all the animated princes he's played and Harry doesn't know how he didn't hear it, how he couldn't recognize such a unique voice.

"You alright there mate? You're looking a little pink," Niall said with a small smirk.

"M'fine," Harry barely breathed out, trying to do everything in his power to not just stare at Louis.

So instead he focused his attention on Nate, trying to get him to sit back down and relax, not needing the entire restaurant to be watching them.

"Peter! Peter I remember you!! Daddy show me movie and it you, I know it you!" Nate said excitedly as he reluctantly took a seat. "And- and then there a show, there a show with princes and princesses and you in it! You Peter in that too!"

"Sweetheart his name is Louis, Peter is just someone he played," Harry reminded his son. "Remember? He was the voice of the cartoon and then he was in the show Once Upon a Time? It was just a character."

Nate looked to the blue eyed man, pursing his lips as he scanned his face and thinking that nope, this was definitely Peter Pan.

"Not much of a character there mate, he's basically playing himself when he puts on the tights," Niall muttered through a teasing smile as he glanced over at Louis.

"I resent that," Louis rolled his eyes.

But just from watching him for a few minutes Harry knew Niall was right. Louis seemed to be a character all his own, and very animated in the way he want about doing everything. Every facial expression, every slight movement, and especially the way he talked there was such a liveliness to him, it was impossible to miss.

"Mate can I ask you why you let him watch Once Upon a Time though?" Louis said, taking Harry out of his thoughts. "It kinda has some not toddler appropriate moments..."

"He likes fairy tales and it was something for us to do together," Harry shrugged. "Plus he's a big boy, he could handle it."

"Yeah, big boy Nate," he hummed and nodded to himself.

Louis looked between the two, trying to fight off his growing smile at just the way the pair looked at each other. And just before he was about to comment on how close they seemed a waiter came up to their table and got all their orders.

Louis watched as they all went around the table, but just as Harry finished he felt someone tapping his foot, only to see the green eyed lad looking back at him with a small smile.

"Don't worry, I pre-watch all the episodes and only show him the good ones."

"Oh good, had me a little worried," Louis teased quietly back to him.

Harry bit his lip, trying to keep in a small laugh as he saw the blue eyed lad wink at him before turning his attention to the waiter and giving his order. He couldn't help but watch him for a moment, let his eyes wander over Louis and take all of him in.

Harry didn't know what it was about him, why he was so drawn to this guy, but even when Nate was trying to climb into his lap he couldn't take his eyes off him.

"So Harry what is it you do?"

But he did snap out of his tiny trance as he felt the Irish lad nudging him, looking next to him and seeing Niall smiling widely.

"I uh, I just opened a photography studio in central London about a year ago," Harry stuttered, needing to clear his throat as he felt the table's eyes on him.

"Oh London boy?" Zayn perked up at that. "Well what would ya know, a bunch of us meeting half way across the world then, funny innit?"

"Wait you- all you guys are from London?" Harry asked with furrowed eyebrows as he adjusted Nate on his lap.

"No, Bradford."

"Mullingar."

"Doncaster," Louis smiled at the man across from him. "But yes, we live in London for work."

Harry raised his eyebrows at that, not thinking he would run into that many Brits on board, let alone be sitting with them and they all happen to live in the same place.

"So what do you two do then?" he asked, looking between Zayn and Niall.

"I'm an animator."

"And I do sound engineering," Niall said happily before taking a swig of his beer. "Met these two while we were working on Tangled, been inseparable ever since."

Harry still had to get it through his head that he was sitting with the famous Louis Tomlinson, the man who is known worldwide for making Disney movies as great as they are and then meeting these two who were just as impressive.

And all throughout dinner he only grew more stunned at learning more about the three men sitting with them.They were funny and smart, and not only was Louis quite the character, but Zayn and Niall were too.

Nate seemed to be having the time of his life asking all about movies and songs and all of them were more than happy to answer everything. And Harry couldn't say how grateful he was to them, especially Louis who was doing every impersonation that Nate asked him to, and the blue eyed lad was more than willing to oblige.

Whenever he did this though Harry couldn't seem to take his eyes off the man sitting across from him. He talked with his hands and made the most ridiculous faces, and there was just something about him that pulled Harry in, that had him smiling and laughing at absolutely everything he did.

But then he would catch Louis' eyes on him, the other man's own smile appearing as their gazes met. And he doesn't know why, doesn't know why every time this happened he felt his face heating up, felt the way his breath would fall short or how he would quickly focus his attention on Nate but still feel Louis' eyes on him. And when he would chance a glance up there it was, that same smile, those same soft eyes that made Harry feel weak.

"So Nate do you and daddy have big plans while your on board? Any adventures you're gonna go on?" Louis smiled as he looked between the two across from him.

"Lots adventures!" Nate said excitedly. "Daddy make big plans so we spend time togefer."

"Well that was really nice of him to plan all this."

Harry carefully looked up from his son in his lap, his eyes immediately finding Louis' on him and a soft grin tugging at his lip. But he couldn't find it in himself to speak, wasn't sure what he should say, or if there was anything to say at all. So he didn't do anything but smile back at him and try not to make the way his cheeks were heating up completely noticeable.

"You come to adventure with us tomorrow?" Nate asked, his gaze focused on the blue eyed man across from them. "I know Peter love adventures."

"Uh, yeah, that he does," Louis nodded back at the toddler before chancing a quick look to Harry. "But you know I wouldn't want to impose and-"

"And I'm sure he has other plans with his mates, it's-"

"Actually me and Zayn are doin a little something, but I believe Lou is free all day," Niall stopped Harry as he smirked over at his best mate.

Harry opened his mouth, wanting to say anything but his gaze was locked on Louis who was nearly killing the Irish man with his eyes. "W-well I mean if uh, if you're not doing anything then... I guess uhm-"

"Come with us!" Nate said excitedly. "Please it be so fun!!"

Louis looked between the two, trying to figure out what to say but with his mates nodding at him, Harry smiling at him and Nate nearly begging for him to come he knew there was only one answer.

"Well then I would be honored to come on your adventure with you."

"Yes!!" Nate cheered. "It be so fun and don't worry, daddy talk more when get know you."

"Nathaniel!" Harry looked at his son wide eyed, immediately feeling his cheeks heat up at hearing the guys laugh around the table.

"Hey, nothing wrong with being a little shy," Louis chuckled to himself.

"No, no, I'm not shy, it's just that you-" Harry quickly shut his mouth, almost wanting to hit himself for what he was about to say.

He couldn't tell a perfectly good stranger that he found him so handsome it was hard to find words, or that everything from the way he talked to the way his laugh filled up the room made Harry's breath fall short. He especially couldn't say that in front of his son and Louis' best mates of all people. Harry barely knew this guy despite his name and profession and that when he smiled it reached his eyes, and maybe that he was the world's sweetest human because of how he talked to Nate and tried to include him in everything, but that was all.

But luckily he had his bright boy right next to him took away the attention from the table, talking to Louis about all the plans they have and how to not get annoyed by the constant noise of a camera going off.

Even if Nate was doing most of the talking during dinner Harry kept catching Louis' eye, whether it was a quick wink or just a small smile it made Harry's heart stop every time. He was always so flustered he never knew what do or if he should say something, so he didn't do anything at all but grin back at him and focus back on his food.

And by the time dinner was over and everyone was done eating Harry doesn't know how Nate didn't tire himself out from talking so much, but if anything he was grateful the three guys entertained him enough to listen and add in to whatever he was saying.

"So it uh, it was really nice meeting you guys and hopefully we'll see each other around," Harry said happily as he gathered his and Nate's things and scooped the 3 year old up.

"Yeah we'll see you around mate," Niall said happily. "And Nate I'm holding you to that splashing contest in the pool later, don't think I'll forget."

Harry looked between the two as Nate said an excited "okay!" and jumped in his arms, but just as he said one more goodnight and was ready to turn away he felt a hand grab his arm.

"Hey, uh, wait," Louis said, offering him a sheepish smile and slowly taking his hand off him. "I can walk you to your room... You know, if you want..."

Harry felt his jaw go slack, swallowing thickly and looking to Niall and Zayn behind Louis, and seeing their not so subtle smirks. "Uhm, sure, yeah. We can talk about tomorrow."

Louis nodded back at him, waving a quick bye to his mates before following Harry out of the restaurant.

And it was quiet for a minute, Nate resting his head on his daddy's shoulder and playing with the short curls at the nape of his neck as they walked to their room. But he could see Louis, the older lad making a quick funny face at him before he walked a bit faster to walk next to his father.

"So what is it exactly you have planned for tomorrow?" Louis asked as he skipped up to Harry.

"You know you really don't have to come with us," Harry said quietly, glancing over at the blue eyed lad and offering him a tight lined smile.

"Well... What if I want to?"

Harry kept his eyes on him for a moment, not believing some guy he just met would rather spend time with him and his toddler rather than the mates he came here with. "I would say you're crazy, but the company would be lovely."

And Louis' own smile only grew as he heard that, especially when he saw Nate tiredly nodding his agreement.

"But we dock at St. Thomas tomorrow afternoon so after breakfast Nate and I were thinking we could spend the day on the island, go to the beach, maybe catch a boat ride. Seem at all interesting?"

"Very!" Louis said, not even trying to hide how excited he was. "Sounds great honestly, happy I get to join in on the adventure!"

"Peter come on all adventures," Nate said sleepily as he tucked his head into his daddy's neck.

Harry let out a quiet laugh at hearing his son, rubbing his back softly and kissing his head, secretly hoping that Nate knew that Louis' real name wasn't Peter, but they could talk about that later.

For right now he was more focused on getting his son into their room and ready for bed. But if Louis' arm would occasionally brush against his own as they walked down the hall and made his thoughts run a mile a minute, well, no one had to know.

"So uh, this is me," Harry said quietly as he gestured to the door.

"How convenient, I'm just a couple doors down from you," Louis smiled at him as he leaned against the doorframe and watched Harry put the key in.

"Hopefully this one isn't awake to hear you say that, he'll be knockin on every door until he finds yours," Harry chuckled to himself as he pushed the door open and took a step inside. "Here, you can come in for a minute."

Louis was a bit surprised at that, but didn't waste a second before following Harry in the room and watching him put Nate down on the bed. "So is uh, is anyone else going to be joining us tomorrow? Like maybe his mum or...?" he trailed off quietly, looking around the room thinking maybe it was just the two of them.

"Nope, just me and Nate. No wife, no girlfriend, no husband, no boyfriend."

Louis kept his eyes on the curly haired lad, seeing him trying to get things ready for Nate, but after a moment of silence he caught Harry's eyes and saw him let out a deep breath and shake his head.

"I-I'm sorry, I don't know why I said that, I-"

"Hey, I'm happy you said it, now I know," Louis smiled softly at him and grateful to see Harry trying to hide his own grin. "But there uh, there is something I've been wanting to ask you..."

"Sure, what is it?" Harry asked, trying his hardest to change Nate into Pajamas without waking him.

"Your number," Louis said, immediately seeing Harry's head snap up to him and feeling his smile widen at the look on his face. "Could I maybe get it? To ya know, talk about our adventures and stuff."

"Oh that's the only reason?" Harry barely whispered, trying to tease him but at the same time trying to remember how to breathe.

Louis shrugged, walking towards the bed, shrugging and crossing his arms over his chest, hoping he wasn't doing that shit eating grin thing he always does when he sees someone a bit flustered by him.

"Well of course it isn't, but it's a good excuse, don't you think?"

Harry felt his jaw go slack, hoping he didn't look like a complete idiot as he just stared back at Louis, not believing this was happening. "Y-yeah, I uh, I guess it is..."

"So then... Could I get it from you? After you're done with Nate of course, I don't want to get in the way," Louis glanced down at the snoring 3 year old on the bed with his pajamas half on him.

"Uhm, yeah, yeah, just gimme a second," Harry nodded quickly, looking back to his son's sleeping form on the bed and trying to figure out what else he had to do with him.

"Take your time," Louis laughed quietly to himself, seeing the curly haired lad scramble around a bit.

Harry thought all he really had to do was change his clothes, he knew Nate must be exhausted and waking him up to brush his teeth almost seemed cruel. So instead all he did was finish dressing the 3 year old and carry him off to his room, giving him a gentle kiss to the head before closing the door behind him and seeing Louis right where he left him.

"Uh, here, you can just uhm, put yours in and text yourself so you have mine," Harry said as he offered Louis his phone.

"Cute background," Louis smiled to himself as he saw a picture of Harry and Nate together on his phone. "He looks young, that wasn't recent was it?"

"No, well, it's uh, he was about a year and a half old there," he said quietly as he watched Louis tap away on his phone.

"You two are really cute ya know? Like, you seem close," Louis said softly, smiling up at Harry and giving his phone back to him.

At that Harry was a bit surprised, but didn't want to show it to the blue eyed lad. He loved the idea of him and Nate being as close as they seem, but Harry knows over the last year he's done damage to his son, that he's hurt him and now he was willing to do anything to make it all up to him.

"So I'll text you in a little bit and we can talk about tomorrow," Louis said happily as he started to walk back towards the door, not daring to take his eyes off the curly haired lad.

"Sure, sounds good," Harry nodded back at him with a small smile tugging at his lips.

And all Louis could do was say a quiet "great", unable to help his own widening grin before turning around and reaching for the door. But just as he was about to leave the room he stopped himself, turning around and seeing the curly haired lad's eyes trained on him.

"Name... What's your name curly?"

"Uhm... Harry...?" he said confused.

"Last name there handsome, already knew that one," Louis teased him, not even trying to stop the smirk that came over him.

"Oh..." Harry said, knowing that embarrassment was seeping out of him, but he couldn't help it with the way Louis was looking back at him. "Styles, it's uh, it's Harry Styles."

Louis hummed to himself, uttering "Styles" under his breath and looking back to the other man with a warm smile. "Alright then Styles, I'll text you a little later."

And Harry just nodded and grinned back at Louis before watching him leave the room. But at finally being alone he felt like he needed to breathe, because all evening he hasn't been able to thanks to Louis and his stupidly handsome face and his stupid charm and stupidly amazing personality.

So he shuffled out to the balcony that attached to his room, seeing nothing but the dark water that surrounded them and the faint lights that reflected from the boat onto the ocean. And for the first time in hours Harry felt relaxed, felt like his heart could beat at a normal pace.

But of course that was until he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and pulling it out only to see a text message from the one and only person who made him feel like breathing wasn't an option.

From Louis Tomlinson: Is it later yet?

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

10.9K 170 10
"Your brother and his heart belong to me. If you want to see him again, you'll belong to me aswell." I glared at him in anger. That boy was a demon...
55.9K 1.2K 17
You are the biological son/daughter of James Hook, Peter Pan's archenemy. Since the Captain didn't want you in danger with Peter around, he sent you...
4.9K 408 24
Book One of Pan of Never Duology Have you ever wondered what came after Wendy and the other Darlings? What of all the other children Peter has visite...
22.5K 827 40
"Do you want to go home?" He asked bracing himself for the answer that was sure to come. The girl looked at the ground for a long time, and then she...