Imprisoned Love

By AnaBuu

Mia Tennyson, a young psychologist, finds herself jobless after a year of working in a local hospital. Having... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
T&A
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
short rant
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 9

25.4K 605 76
By AnaBuu

''So she finally came?'' I asked, utterly elated for a person who was sitting right in front of me. I've been waiting for him to tell me these good and exciting news and by the look he was giving me, I was sure it went way better than he expected.

He nodded, ''Yeah... she did.''

I could see how nervous Callum felt about it but I needed to know the outcome, ''What did she say?''

''Well, it was kinda awkward at first.'' He confessed as he recalled a memory, ''Then I kind of, you know, told her what has been on my mind recently. That I regret what I've done. Stuff like that. I don't know, I guess she could see that I'm telling the truth because she said what was on her mind too. Like, how she couldn't bare the fact that I'm in a prison and that visiting me only brought so much pain to her. So yeah, I understood her and well, I think we... forgave each other? Since neither one of us really acted the way we should have, right? And yeah, that was pretty much it. She told me that as long as I keep calling her every day that she'll visit me every time she catches an opportunity.''

By the time he finished talking, I had already been smiling from ear to ear. Hearing such positive feedback from my patient meant so much to me, even more than I'd like to admit. It was obvious how important Callum's mother meant to him and it'd be such a shame that he threw away the bond two of them shared.

''I'm so happy for you, Callum.'' I said and meant it, ''See? Sometimes you have to just take chances in life and see what it brings to you. Risking isn't always as risky as we think it is. It can also bring us everything we have ever asked for.''

He nodded, agreeing with my statement I had just made, ''True... but, you know Miss if it weren't for you, I probably would've never even done that. So thanks.''

''You don't have to thank me. And it wasn't me. It was all you. I only nudged you to do something you've been wanting to do since you got here. You decided to do that and you've done it right. So the only person you should thank is yourself.''

We continued to talk and, among other things, he was curious enough to ask me about my absence yesterday. I wasn't comfortable with sharing what I'd experienced especially that part where I was stuck between Andrei and the wall, so I quickly made something up and covered my lie. Thinking about it, I was so glad when I heard warden's voice while I was in the solitary, half asleep sitting on the bench. They ran some tests and once they've seen my system was pure, warden apologized in the name of all of them, including himself. He also mentioned how he didn't doubt in me but there were certain regulations we had yet to respect. And I respected them. If we exclude the solitary part, of course.

I was asked if I could point a finger at someone who might have done such thing but I had no clue. Even Aaron joined us after some time and hinted at the person whom I accused earlier that day. Since I knew that Andrei had nothing do to with it, I tried to defend him as subtle as possible, not wanting to draw any attention to both of us, especially him.

There were no words I could use to describe how relieved I felt once I stepped into my home. After washing and rinsing old dirt off my skin, I made myself a meal which I ate in a span of a few minutes and went straight to the coziness of my bed. That sleep was very needed and I couldn't be more thankful for it. Once I woke up, I couldn't help myself but think about who was really that person who set me up. And foremost, why would he, or maybe even she, do such thing? As far as I was aware, I was in a war with no one. Except for Andrei with whom I have the most complicated relationship. But it wasn't him. So who could it possibly be?

I sent Callum back to his cell after we talked for a little bit more than an hour. My look passed the wall which had a round clock on it and once I've seen that I had forty minutes until my own lunch, I decided not to invite anyone in my office.

Just as I was about to relax, there was a knock on the door. I wasn't expecting anyone but I said ''come in'' out loud anyway.

The door opened and there stood no one else but my personal bodyguard himself.

''Hey.'' Aaron greeted, ''Can I come in?''

''Of course,'' I said, as he closed the door behind him. Making a few steps forward, he came closer to me but was refusing to take a seat.

''I'm here for two things and one of them being is asking you how are you feeling?''

My heart warmed at the caresses he felt for me and the smile automatically appeared on my face, ''I'm good, thank you for asking.''

''Really?'' He raised an eyebrow as if he didn't buy it. Neither had I, to be honest.

I nodded my head, ''Really. Well, there must be a reason why the person did it but I believe I will find out once the time is right.''

Aaron shrugged his shoulders, ''I guess you're right. Still, I think I wouldn't be completely alright knowing that there's someone who wanted to make me look like an offender.''

He was right and I agreed. But I wasn't going to show him that, ''Like I said, I believe the truth finds its way out one time, for sure. You said you came here for two things, what's the other?''

I knew how obvious it looked that I wanted to change the subject but I also wondered what he needed me for.

''Oh, yeah.'' He remembered, ''When I got Callum back, the guard told me there was someone who wanted to speak to you.''

I furrowed my eyebrows and I felt a little pang of fear, ''Who?''

''Roy Banks.''

My hands dropped from the table, as I looked at Aaron unconvinced. That was impossible. He was a man who was more than clear to notify me that he doesn't want to do absolutely anything with me. Roy also threatened me what might happen if I invite him one more time so I was quick to drop his case.

So why would he express a wish to pay me a visit, then?

I guess I was about to find out.

''Oh... yeah, uh- okay. You may bring him.''

''Are you sure?'' Aaron asked me, just to be sure himself.

So he did.

It didn't take him long to bring Roy here. I felt abnormally anxious and I had every reason. Since I read his file, things he was capable of doing sent shivers through my spine in the most negative way there exists. He was bad news – everyone knew it. So what did he have to do with me?

I tried to keep myself occupied until the time comes but there he stood with iron handcuffs around his wrists which were connected the ones around his ankles. He looked less pissed off, unlike the last time he made a visit but I wasn't sure if I should've felt relieved or even more frightened.

He was tall. Even taller than Andrei by few inches but his figure was less bulky. But even then, visible muscles fit the prisoner's clothes he had been wearing. His eyes were so dark that I almost wasn't able to differentiate his black pupil from his not so colorful iris. A scar on his rough skin had a darker pink shade across the right cheek, making me wonder how had he gotten it. I wouldn't be much surprised if he got it in a fight, considering how many he had them over the years.

Aaron forcibly sat him down and left the office without a single word being spoken out loud. I gulped.

''Good morning, Roy.'' I said as kindly as possible, hiding my fear to the place where it couldn't have been seen, ''Aaron told me you had to speak to me.''

He looked at me for a few moments, prior to sitting up straight and leaning towards me with his elbows pressed against my table, ''Don't get too comfortable, I will be quick. But we will do this on my way, not yours. You don't get to ask questions. I do. When I ask you something, you answer it right away. I'll advise you not to lie to me because believe me, you don't want to know what I'm ready to do otherwise.''

I knew that having him talk to me was too good to be the truth.

''Okay.'' I choked out.

''Good.'' He murmured, ''Is it true that someone set you up yesterday? Pot, was it?''

Did Andrei spread the news around when he got back to his primary cell? That was the only explanation how Roy got such confidential information.

''How do you-''

''It's a yes or no question.'' Roy was fast to cut me off in the middle of the sentence, ''Don't make me repeat myself again.''

I leaned back in my chair, just so I could get further from him, ''Yes.''

''Do you know for sure who was it?''

I shook my head, denying it.

''Speak.''

''No.'' I gasped. He practically wasn't doing anything but looking me intensely.

''Tell me the names of the people who had visited you for the last few days.''

Even if I wanted to, and I didn't, I wasn't allowed to give out that information. On the other hand, it looked like my life depended on it if I refused to answer.

''Roy, look-''

''Names.'' The inmate said the word dangerously quietly, ''Now.''

''I can't. Those are confidential.''

''And I don't give a shit.'' He was up on his legs in a matter of a few seconds, throwing a shade over my small frame. Nothing good was going to come out of it, ''Either you tell me right away what I asked you or I-''

The door of my office opened unexpectedly, cutting Roy's threatening words before he could finish what he had to say. Since I wasn't waiting for anyone, seeing two entirely different people in front of my office left me baffled.

''Nira?''

My associate stood by Andrei's side. She looked so small compared to his large figure. Just like I did. But unlike me, I couldn't see the fear on her face. It was like Andrei was her brother and not a complete stranger that served his time in prison.

''Morning, Mia.'' She spoke and acted formally. Taking a few steps forward, Nira was now standing very close to Roy – the man who scared the crap out of me, ''I apologize for intruding but warden had a proposition to make and I'm here to convey it.''

''Uh... alright, sure. It's not a problem, right Roy?''

If his look could speak, I'd be laying lifelessly on the ground at this very moment.

''Right. No big deal.''

''Great.'' She turned to me, ''Aaron, could you please do us a favor and return the inmate back to his cell?''

He didn't have to be asked twice before he made him leave the office and make me sigh in relief. What I didn't miss, though, was the look he exchanged with Andrei prior to his disappearance.

I wonder what kind of a relationship two of them had.

''Come in, Andrei, take a seat,'' Nira said instead of me like she sensed that something was off about me.

It was too much to handle it at once. First, a guy who almost ended my life by shooting daggers at me and then the guy who made me think of things that should be illegal in every way. All of that in a span of five minutes.

Andrei did as he was told, without questioning it. I couldn't see the reason of his appearance while Nira was here but I never minded it for now.

''You two might wonder why are we here.'' Said she, confirming my thought, ''Well, since Andrei's here for his anger issues, warden thought of the idea. Group therapy. Andrei's not the only one with such problems so he thought it might be better when you'd have a group where all of you could work on it.''

I didn't expect much from her visit but this was the last thing I thought it would happen.

''But before that, he wanted to see what both sides think about it.''

What did I think about it? Absolutely not.

''I'm already forced to come here so why do you or that fucking dipshit think that I'd be glad to join some pathetic group therapy with the bunch of assholes I don't care about?''

Knowing Nira and her temper, I decided to speak up before she had a chance, ''In my opinion,'' I said quickly, ''it wouldn't be such a bad idea. But we should also see what others think about it and if they would be willing to come.''

Andrei immediately replied, ''Did you not hear me? I said-''

''Stop.'' She rolled her eyes, obviously annoyed with both of us, ''I'm just here to tell you the news. You're the ones who get to decide. Neither do I or warden force you to do anything. It was only a suggestion. Consider it.'' Leaving the chair empty, she stood up and flashed me a smile, ''Thank you for taking me in. Bye!''

And just like that, I was left alone with the last person I wanted to see.

//

A/N - It's really late so I will edit the chapter tomorrow. Also, I participated in one literary competition for short stories. There were 75 of them and I was among the 15 best ones! Yaay!

Don't forget to vote and comment. I hope you have a great day, xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 56 24
"I'm not stuck up, I'm confident, you don't need to know why I moved away it's non of your business" Mia halls being moved away to Italy for two yea...
293K 2.8K 29
❝𝘐 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭.❞ ♤ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐢...
5.6K 97 58
Mia comes to Amsterdam and meets there the badboy Martijn, who seems he's not nice at all. But when she came behind his secret and why he behave like...