Drarry One Shots

By DelightfullyDrarry

Just a bunch of mediocre Drarry one shots. Enjoy. More

Leather
Ill
Sweaters
Thanksgiving with the Weasleys
Dares *
Saint Potter

French

1.3K 52 27
By DelightfullyDrarry

Where Draco speaks broken English and Harry can't get enough of it.

French!Draco

---

"The train station is where?" Draco asks hesitantly, accent thick with anxiety.

He hears laughter as soon as he speaks and the blond instantly regrets asking the older redheaded woman the question. "Oh just this way, dear. That's a lovely accent you have. Where are you from?"

"I am of France," Draco says quietly. "My family and I travel because Hogwarts is said to be best in all of Europe. My family, they could not come with me today. They had to be elsewhere and I ah, I was lost so thank you Madame..." He trails off, not knowing the woman's name.

"Molly Weasley," The woman smiles and Draco mirrors the action. "Now just this way, dear," Molly continues and soon, she, her children and Draco appear in front of a brick wall.

"We go through brick wall, Madame?" The blond asks, confused. "I... I do not get," He mumbles, blushing.

"Watch my children and do as they do," Molly instructs and Draco nods yet is still confused. He watches as two red haired twins run toward the brick wall and he's about to shut his eyes in fear of their injury until he realizes they had simply gone through the hard brick.

"Uncroyable," The silver eyed boy whispers in awe and Mrs. Weasley only smiles at the shocked boy.

"On you go now, dear," Molly says once her children had made it safely onto the platform.

"I will end up where?" Draco asks, still unsure.

"The platform to get to Hogwarts," Mrs. Weasley explains. "Would you like me to do it with you?" She asks once Draco hadn't moved an inch.

"Oh please yes. That would be much incredible," Draco replies and Molly smiles, the blond winning her over with his broken English. She takes his hand and then the two are off on a light jog until they make it to the platform.

"C'était fantastique!" Draco exclaims, eyes wide as he takes everything in.

"It's time for you to board the train, sweetie. My kids will show you the way," Molly promises. She then turns toward her children and says, "You all better be nice to this boy. He has no clue what he's doing so you best all make him feel welcome,"

Ginny nods, her brothers not having paid attention and says, "I'll look after him, Mum, don't worry. I love you," before being pulled into a tight hug.

Once the redhead pulls from her mother's grip, she turns toward Draco with a friendly smile. "Hi, I'm Ginny," She greets him and puts her hand out for him to shake. Draco eyes it with confusion, not familiar with the gesture so she simply puts her hand back down. "What's your name?" She asks instead.

"Draco," He says after a moment's thought.

"Well Draco, we need to board the train now so follow me,"

Ginny takes ahold of Draco's free hand and once they begin to walk away, Draco stops and turns toward Molly. "Je vous remercie, Madame Weasley. You be a very good woman," Draco thanks her and Mrs. Weasley smiles, waving at the duo.

Ginny shows Draco the ways of the train and the two sit in a compartment together, waiting for Ron, Harry and Hermione to show up. "So Draco, how long have you been in the UK?" The younger girl asks.

"I have been six days," Draco replies, fiddling with his fingers. "Not many have been as nice as you, Ginny,"

Before Ginny can reply, the compartment door is swung open and the Golden Trio walks inside. "Who's this?" Hermione asks, motioning toward Draco.

"His name's Draco," Ginny pipes up as the brunette smiles in Draco's direction.

"It's nice to meet you, Draco. I'm Hermione,"

"It is pleasure to meet you, Hermione," Draco says with kind eyes.

"Your accent doesn't sound familiar. Where are you from?"

"I am of France," Draco murmurs. "My English is no good, I apologize," He continues, blushing.

"It's not a problem," Hermione promises before looking over at Harry and Ron. "If you met Ginny I'm sure you've met Ron as well but this is Harry," She says, pointing to the black haired boy.

Draco flushes red at the sight of Harry and mumbles, "Il est très beau," under his breath.

"It's nice to meet you," Harry says although he hadn't understood a lick of his French.

"It is nice meeting you too," Draco replies. "It takes how long to Hogwarts?" He asks after a few moments of silence.

"Not long," Hermione reassures him. "Maybe fifty minutes or so,"

Draco nods yet is already jittery in his seat. His eyebrows knit with confusion when a woman comes walking down the train walkway with a steel trolley. "That is... what?"

"That's the sweets trolley," Harry explains. "Here, I'll buy you something. The Chocolate Frogs are insane,"

"Oh no," Draco objects. "You need not waste on me,"

Harry smiles sweetly in Draco's direction and waves his words away. "It's no problem, Draco, really," He promises. "Besides, getting a Chocolate Frog on your first ride to Hogwarts is tradition,"

Draco nods hesitantly, eyebrows still furrowed, wishing Harry wouldn't spend his money on him yet knows he won't be able to convince him otherwise. The brunet leaves the compartment for a moment to pay for the sweets and when he returns, he hands Draco one of the containers and the blond smiles gratefully, thanking him before opening the box and flinching when the chocolate hops around. "What the..." He mutters, eyes widening at the sight of it.

"You don't sell those in France?" Ginny asks as she takes in his confusion and Draco shakes his head.

Hermione urges him to eat the chocolate and Draco does, still at a complete loss yet moans softly at the smooth taste. "Oh my," He murmurs. "This is... very amazing,"

Ginny and Hermione giggle, won over by Draco's little known English and the blond simply smiles at the girls, knowing they'd all get along just fine.

***

"Harry," Draco murmurs, voice laced with frustration.

"Yes, Draco?"

"I can not pronounce the ah, the passcode for the moving lady in the picture to get to Slytherin commons," The blond blushes, embarrassed.

Harry looks up from his book, the two the only ones idling by the library work tables. "The portrait is giving you a hard time?" He asks with furrowed eyebrows and Draco nods.

"I am so embarrassed," He mumbles. "She said my accent is too fat. Mais pour l'amour de tout ce qui est saint, I just want sleep," Draco runs a hand through his hair with a deep sigh, groaning and misses how a shiver ran down Harry's spine. He wouldn't admit it to Draco but he loved how the blond would slip French back into his English commentary.

"I don't think your accent is too heavy," Harry frowns. "Maybe you should just tell me your password and I could get you into your common room," He suggests yet watches as Draco shakes his head.

"I was told I am not to do that," The blond sighs and Harry hums under his breath, thinking.

"Well, lets go get a Butter Beer and think over a solution," He suggests and although Draco isn't familiar with the drink, nods along anyway.

"What is this... Beer Butter?" Draco asks on their way to Three Broomsticks.

"Butter Beer," Harry corrects gently with an adoring smile. "It's one of my favorite drinks and I really hope you like it," The two make more polite conversation before arriving and sit down at a table. "I'll go get our drinks," Harry says and Draco nods.

The blond simply fiddles with his fingers as he waits before he hears someone say, "God, how can Harry hang around such a loser? I knew Harry was a bit weird but he's just throwing his social status out the window by hanging with that French freak,"

Although Draco didn't understand all of the student's vocabulary, he turns toward the voice, frowning, recognizing them as an insult nonetheless. "You may talk rude of me but never talk low of Harry. Harry est beaucoup mieux que vous ne serez jamais," He snaps and the two students he had been speaking with eye him with surprise.

"Draco, are you okay? What's going on?" Harry asks with confusion, two mugs in hand.

"It is... nothing, Harry. There is no need worry," Draco mutters, turning away from his peers, sitting back straight.

"Are you sure you're alright?" The brunet asks again and Draco nods, taking a sip of his drink, pleased with the taste. The two sit around chatting and drinking for hours and when they see the time, they notice that it's past midnight. "Do you just want to room at my dorm tonight?"

"Sure," Draco smiles. The two walk back to Harry's dorm and when they find their way to his room, they both curl into his bed, no questions asked. "Tu es très belle, Harry," Draco mumbles under his breath.

"What's that mean, Draco?" Harry asks and the blond blushes a deep red, not expecting Harry to have heard him.

"I... I think you are beautiful," He admits quietly

Harry chuckles, sitting up so he could kiss Draco's temple lightly. "I think you're beautiful too, Draco," He says and suddenly everything felt right in the world.

---

Out of all the one shots I've written so far, this one is my favorite. I hope you all enjoyed. Much love. 

-Landen xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

667K 24.3K 99
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
489K 7.4K 83
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
854K 19.4K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
441K 30.1K 45
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...