Jump (Dear Evan Hansen)

By TayTayBroadway

What if Evan accidentally saved Connor? Highest Rank : 110 in Fanfiction More

The Jump
Urgent Care
The House
The Incident
Dinner With the Murphys
School
Therapy
Night
Welcome?
Confident Evan
Standing Up and Stepping In
The Principal's Office
Testifying
The Park
A Buisness Man and Receptionist
Fears
Consequences
My Sisters Hot
One Day More
Wishes
The Sleepover
The Talk
The Secret
The Arcade
Tears
An Unexpexted Visitor
Sirens
Classic Connor
Family Photos and Soulmates
The Cast
Á La Mode
Panicked Planning
The Worst.
The Hospital (Reprise)
A Friendly Date
5 Days
Graduation
Finale
Thank You.
Update
The Sequel

Study Buddy

6.8K 352 498
By TayTayBroadway

"Thank you for driving me home, Mrs. Murphy."

"It's been a pleasure. Come over any time," she says with a smile. I nod and start heading up the driveway of my small house. I turn back around and wave to her as she leaves. As I make my final steps to get to the front door, I fish the keys out of the side of my bag, and then open the door.

"Evan," my mom exclaims excitedly as she comes into the front room. I smile lightly as she comes up to me and gives me a quick hug. "How was the sleepover?"

"It was," I say, pausing for a second, "the best night of my life."

"Oh, well that's wonderful. If you want to talk at all today, I was able to get off of work early."

"Actually, I would," I say, making my mom turn around in shock.

"Okay... great. I'll uh... I'll be home around four," she says as she grabs her bag and keys. "Text me if you need anything. I love you," she kisses me on the head and walks out the door.

"Love you too," I call out before she closes the door. I rush to the window, and watch her climb into her car before pulling out of the driveway. The clock on the wall reads 9:00. I now have the rest of Saturday, until 4 that is, to do...

Homework. Classic homework, always sneaking up on you when you think you finally got a break. I mean seriously, it's two days. If I didn't get it before, I'm not going to get it now. I sigh and grab my off-brand phone from my pocket.

E: hey. I know I literally just saw you but do you want to do homework with me?

C: hey nerd ;) sure. Can't wait to tell my mom -- she's gonna FAINT when she hears I'm willingly doing homework haha

E: ha you're so cute when you text

C: what so you're saying I'm not cute in person?!

E: no I just don't have the guts to tell you how cute you are in person ;)

C: I see. Why don't you come to my house and tell me how adorable I am?

E: kk sounds good

I shut my phone off and shove it into my backpack. I swing it over my broken and non-broken arms, and head out the door. The walk, as usual, is calming. Especially on a weekend, when everyone isn't rushing places. I pass the park, and laugh when the memory of Connor and I hiding there pops into my head. He's so sweet. When I arrive, my fist lightly taps against the door, and Mr. Murphy opens it.

"Oh, hello Evan. Did you forget something last night?"

"No, Connor and I were going to do homework."

"I'm sorry, did I hear you correctly? Did you say that Connor was going to do homework?"

"Yes? I mean, I uh, brought my bag, and we were going to... is Connor here?"

"Yes, Evan. CONNOR," he shouts. I hear Connor groan as he opens his door and his feet shuffle against the floor above me, and then down the stairs. He looks pissed until he brushes his hair out of his face and sees me in the doorway. He gives me that adorable smirk that makes me all warm inside, in which I return with a grin.

"Hey baby," he says as he walks over and gives me a kiss on the head. I blush, making him giggle. "My books are in the kitchen. Mind if I go grab them?"

"N-not at all."

"Great," Connor says and dashes into the room next door. Mr. Murphy looks, in complete shock and confusion, when Connor returns with his messenger bag. I shrug, and we put our arms around each other before walking up the stairs.

"Connor," I say softly as I place my bag pack onto his bed and he closes his door. "Why was your dad so surprised when I said you were doing homework?"

"He was?" Connor laughs. "I wish I was there to see his face. It must have been pretty good."

"Yeah," I give the best laugh I can, "but..."

"But what?" He asked. I can hear the concern rising in his voice as he meets my eyes. His eyes reflect a look of care, and concern. Silence becomes louder by the second, and I slowly look down at my bag on the bed.

"But... why?"

"Oh," he says quietly. He looks down, and I see his cheeks begin to redden. I go to apologize but he stops me. "Don't. It's fine. It's just... everyone thinks I don't do it because I'm a drop out, but ever since I was a little kid, I was just... confused. I gave up because I didn't get it. It made me frustrated because I would sit there clueless while everyone else would just... do it," he shrugs.

"I-I could help you?" I say, even though it comes out more as a question. Connor looks up at me, the right side of his lip curling into a small smirk and he cocks his head slightly to one side.

"You know," he laughs lightly, "if this bed wasn't in between us I'd probably be cradling you in my arms right now, thanking the heck out of you, because my god you're freaking adorable." I feel myself blush. "Oh, screw this, I'm coming," he says as he crawls over the bed and to me, making me giggle. He does as he said he would, he cradles my upper body in his arms, and looks me in the eyes, tipping me back a little. "Thank you," he says softly, and gives me a peck on the forehead. "Now," he brings me back upward and pats me on the shoulder before going over to his bag, "what do you know about math?"

20 minutes later, Connor and I are sitting with our legs criss-crossed on his bed. He has a math worksheet on his lap and I'm so close to him attempting to look at it that I'm almost on top of him.

"And then you carry the thrEE," I say, my voice increasing at the end as I finally topple on top of Connor. I get up quickly and try apologize but he just laughs.

"That was great," he says, his voice light and airy. I can't help but also bust up laughing. Once again, we return to work.

"So... you want to try the next one?"

"Yeah... sure," he says quietly. I can sense that he's nervous, but he does all of the steps, and then looks up at me, as I am now peering over his shoulder on my knees. "Hey, I think I get it. Like actually get it," he announces excitedly as he rushes to attempt the next problem. "Evan, I get it! I really get it," he exclaims as he throws the book to his side and stands up. I watch him with wide happy eyes as he jumps around like a little kid on Christmas, and then invites me to join him. His hands connect to my shoulders and we jump simultaneously, until he pulls me into a tight hug. "Thank you," he says into my ear.

After calming down, we are once again back on Connor's bed, mirroring the position we were in last night when watching The Office. I'm on the right side, and Connor is on the left as Connor excitedly fills out his math homework and I make my way through my Spanish homework. Suddenly, the door opens, and we both look up, only to see Connor's mom.

"Wow," she says slowly and quietly.

"Wow what?" Connor says. I can tell he's been waiting for this moment.

"I just... I guess I didn't exactly believe your father when he said you were doing homework."

"Well, we are," Connor says. Mrs. Murphy stands in the doorway for a minute before walking over and looking over Connor's shoulder at the numbers and symbols scrawled all over his paper.

"Look at that! I'm proud of you, Connor," she says as she hugs his shoulders. He smirks, and I just watch.

"I'm doing Spanish," I say stupidly, right as she is about to leave the room.

"Oh, very good, Evan."

"I'm doing Spanish," Connor mocks when she leaves the room, and then giggles, causing me to laugh. I lightly hit him in the shoulder.

"Oh stop it, scholar," I reply.

"Oh shoot, I ran out," Connor says as he clicks his mechanical pencil and stand up. "I better get a refill-"

"Aha," Mrs. Murphy exclaims as she barges into the room.

"Of pencil led," Connor says slowly as he gives her an odd look.

"Oh... my bad boys. Expectations got the better of me. Sorry," she practically runs out of the room. Connor and I glance at each other, and he laughs. I crack a smile.

After a couple more assignments and telling jokes no one understands except us two, the theme song to The Office starts playing out of nowhere, and I recognize it as my ringtone, causing me to hop up and fish through my bag until I finally find it. The caller id reads "Mom".

"H-hello?"

"WHERE ARE YOU?!"

"M-mom? What happened. You said you would be home at 4:00."

"Evan, if you aren't aware of the time, it's 4:30."

"Oh... whoops."

"Evan, whenever I get off early you're never here to appreciate it. You do realize I work very hard to-"

"Mom, I'm sorry. I was helping a friend-"

"Wait? You have a friend? Oh Evan, I'm so proud of you," she exclaims, making me remove the phone from my ear, stare at it confused, and shrug at Connor.

"Um, that's great, mom. Thanks. Listen, I'll be home in 10 or so minutes, okay?"

"Alright, I love you."

"Love you too," I hit the 'end call' button. "Shoot, I gotta go. Sorry."

"It's fine, Ev. Thanks again for helping me." Connor and I exchange smiles. Oh great, I'm supposed to talk to my mom in 10 minutes. You can't do this. Yes you can. No you can't. I purposely knock my backpack to the floor, and watch as the contents spill all over the floor. "Oh no," I try to be convincing. "That was a total accident."

"Evan," Connor puts down his homework. Great, I need to work in my acting. "What's wrong?"

"What do you mean, 'what's wrong'," I give the best laugh I can, "I'm fine... okay I lied. I told my mom I wanted to talk this afternoon. And I was going to tell her about us."

"Well there's nothing wrong with that Evan. If she doesn't accept us loving each other, then that's her fault. However if she does happen to be okay with us being together which she probably will be your mom is a lovely person." I laugh.

"You're starting to talk like me, Connor."

"Whoops. Now come on, you got this, kid." Connor pats me on the back.

"And the award for best supporting friend in a friendship goes to... Mr. Connor Murphy." He takes a playful bow, and then his eyes meet mine.

"Now go get 'em. I believe in you." I grin at Connor's words, and grab my backpack, which Connor managed to help me piece back together in the middle of all of his advice. I walk down the stairs, wave goodbye to Connor's parents, and head outside.

Someday, I hope I stand as tall as the trees. And that day might be today.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 312 24
What if Connor read the full letter instead of freaking out right away? Dear Evan Hansen fanfiction Trigger Warnings inside Evan x Connor (boyxboy)
91.8K 5K 23
His name was Evan Hansen, and he would not lose his boyfriend. 5/24: #605 in fanfiction 5/27: #455 in fanfiction 5/29: #427 in fanfiction
204K 7.5K 94
yes i realize that connor is dead you don't have to rub it in (highest rank: #2 in dearevanhansen)
12.4K 367 22
"i always told myself to step into the sun, but little did i know that she'd be doing cartwheels into the light..." disclaimer: i don't own any of de...