The Rise to Fame

By _gospelchick2lia

Leana Monroe was someone who new her dreams from a very young age and growing up she made those dreams her am... More

Old Memories and A Plane Ride
Los Angelos Rising Stars
Roommates
A run in?????????
Los Angeles

Club 21

120 11 22
By _gospelchick2lia

“I can’t believe we actually got in here’’ I shouted to Jace over the music.

There were at least fifty people outside in the line who the bouncer refused to let in.

‘’Are you kidding me? Do you see how hot I am? My hotness was more than enough for the two of us to get in here’’ said Jace with a smirk as we made our way to the bar.

The place was packed. There were people dancing and grinding everywhere to Kesha’s song Tick Tock.

‘’What can I get you guys?’’ asked the bartender.

‘’I’ll have a beer and she’ll have a coke’’ replied Jason.

After we got our drinks we set off looking for Amanda.

‘’She could be anywhere’’ I yelled to Jace.

The place was big and overcrowded with people.

‘’Yea…wait look over there’’ Jace said as I followed the direction he was pointing.

‘’Is that Amanda?’’ I asked in disbelief.

Amanda was grinding against this tall muscular guy, his hands were on her ass and whatever he whispered in her ear she agreed to because she nodded her head and let him lead her off the dance floor.

‘’Jace lets go before they leave. I bet there going outside to get some air’’ I said making quotation marks with my hands as I exited a door that I assumed led to the back of the club.   

Just as I thought there was Amanda and captain muscle guy making out. Getting air was obviously the last thing on their mind.

‘’Uhuhmmm’’ I said clearing my throat.

Instantly the two of them broke apart.

‘’Oh am hi’’ Amanda squeaked blushing.

Jason was glaring murderously at captain muscle guy.

‘’So I’m guessing you must be the great Richard that Amanda is always talking about?’’ I asked captain muscle.

‘’Aww babe you talk about me?’’ captain muscle said to Amanda causing her to blush all over again as she glared at me.

‘’I can assure you she rarely says anything good’’ said Jason glaring at Richard.

I stamped Jason’s foot hard and shot him a glare and said,

’’You mean she rarely says anything bad. Its always Richard’s so sweet or Richard’s so funny…’’

‘’More like Richard’s so annoying…’’ said Jason interrupting me.

‘’Any who ‘’ I said cutting Jason off,’’ I better leave you guys to resume whatever it is you guys call what you were doing’’

‘’Yea, lets leave Richard to shove his tongue back down Amanda’s throat’’ said Jace with a smirk.

‘’Yea lets leave. Amanda I’ll see you when you guys go back inside?’’ I asked her as I pulled Jason’s hand walking off.

‘’Actually we're leaving for dinner in a while…’’she said her voice trailing off.

‘’That’s okay. Now yall go and have fun but not too much fun now.’’ I said making a shooing motion with my free hand.

‘’Actually I wanna talk to Jace for a second?’’ she said glaring in his direction.

I let his hand go and waved good bye and said ‘’See you later Jace.’’

Oh he’s gonna get it.

I thought to myself.

As I walked back in the club I tried not to feel disappointed in Amanda ditching me. Amanda was the reason I was all dressed up in this club in the first place.

Well I’m already here so I might as well enjoy myself.

I thought to myself looking around. I saw a couple of people from my Theater Arts classes so I made my way over to them.

An hour later I was partially drunk and having a blast. My theatre peeps were crack ups.

‘’Hey’’ said Madison one of the girls from my class who thinks she’s all that, ‘’what’s the deal with you and Jason? Are you guys together or something?

‘’Why?’’ I asked, ‘’you interested?’’

‘’Hell yea! That boy is fine’’ she said.

‘’Oh that’s too bad then.  You better just shut it down because even though we’re not together he’s still off the market to you. I’ve already spotted him a possible girlfriend and even if she didn’t exist you’d never make the cut’’ I replied in a bitchy tone.

I know I was being harsh but besides for the fact that I can’t stand Madison I really wanted Jace to end up with Amanda. So what if she has a boyfriend, I give that relationship two months tops.

‘’Oh really…I thought Jason’s cut was anything with a skirt’’ said one of the guys causing everyone to laugh.

Okay so maybe Jason was the player type but at the end of the day those girls are nothing but meaningless sex. Amanda however…well I could tell she’ll be different. I know he’ll never hurt her intentionally and that means as long as I could help it I’m not letting anyone take a pass at him.

‘’Wait where is Jason?’’ I asked looking around.

I haven’t seen him since he stormed in the club after his talk with Amanda. Whatever she told him probably got him pretty pissed because he headed straight for the bar. I didn’t have it in me to go over and talk to him though because I would have probably slapped him for acting like a total asshole. How did he expect to woo Amanda acting like that towards her boyfriend?

‘’Over there flirting with a redhead ‘’ Andrew said pointing in the direction of the bar.

Well I can’t stop all the missiles now can I?

‘’So since it is us the overdramatic bunch. How about we make this place our new theater?’’ Andrew said a glint in his eye.

Oh oh…this will end badly.

I thought to myself.

Thirty minutes later I was right too.

And just why is it going to end badly?

This is going to end badly because Andrew suggested that we play truth or dare and now the evil mastermind himself has to give me a dare because I was stupid enough not to pick truth.

‘’ Okay. I think I got it!’’ said Andrew his eyes creasing with mischief.

Oh Lord help me.

I thought to myself.

'‘You can dance right?’’ Andrew asked.

‘’That’s my dare? You want me to dance?’’ I asked a little shocked at the simple dare he chose for me.

If its one thing you learn to do in Trinidad is dance. If you can dance to Trinidadian music you can pretty much dance to anything. Trust me soca and dancehall music definitely teaches you how to move.

‘’Yea I can dance’’ I said to Andrew, ‘’the real question you should’ve asked is can I dance well?’’

Though most Trinidadians are good dancers I wouldn’t know because the only dancing I did back home was in front of a mirror by myself.

‘’Well I guess your about to find out then’’ Andrew chuckled,’’ because your dare my dear friend is to dance alright but to dance with someone. That someone will be chosen by me of course…thet someone…’’

‘’Hey isn’t that Adriel Hackshore?’’ I heard someone shout out interrupting Andrew.

‘’That’s it! You have to dance with Adriel Hackshore for one whole song’’ Andrew said grinning evilly at me.

Andrew knew just how much I hated Adriel.

I gave him a withering look and started walking in the direction of Adriel Hackshore.

Why the heck did Adriel have to stand in the middle of the dance floor where everyone can see what I’m about to do now?

I thought to myself.

What? I know I hate his guts but there is no arguing with these dudes from my class because if I disagreed to this dare then they’d make me do a double dare. There’s no telling what that double dare would entail, probably something much worse. But as I reached the spot where Adriel was standing I couldn’t help but think that there could be nothing worse than what I was about to do.

Just then Taio Cruz’s song Dynamite came on.

Oh well lets get this over with.

I thought to myself as I did a simple two step so that I was in front of Adriel. Adriel seemed a bit surprise but I ignored him. I dropped to the ground and began moving my body back up to the beat of the music.

Eventually he seemed to recover from his shock and started dancing with me and though it pained me to admit it the boy could dance.

I grinded my waist against his body to the beat of the music and did a next two step so that I was facing him and pushed him away with my hands. It’s at that moment I realized that everyone had formed a circle around where we were dancing and the spotlight was on us.

Well if they wanted a show.

I thought as I began to work my body to the beat of the music. I rolled my head around sending my hair flying and began erotically rolling my hips and walked in time to where Adriel was now standing in amazement. I pulled him by his collar, spun around and started grinding against him.

He had his hands around my ass as he started grooving with my body. As I moved left, he moved right and vice versa.

When I sensed the song was coming to an end I pushed him away again, flipped my hair and swung my hips side to side as I walked off to the beat of the music feeling like a badass.

Well I felt more like a humiliated idiot.

Why the hell did I do that?

I thought as people kept giving me weird looks.

Now you see this is the reason you don’t dance Leanna. Well at least not in front of people. Why did I even…

‘’Leanna’’ I heard someone shouted interrupting me from my thoughts. Ah…if it isn’t the devil himself, Adriel Hackshore.

‘’Leanna come with me’’ he said as he gripped my hand and started walking toward what looked like a stair case that led to the V.I.P. area as it had a bouncer by the foot of it.

‘’What the hell Adriel?’’ I yelled trying to get out of his death grip to no avail.

‘’She’s with me’’ Adriel told the bouncer who immediately let us pass.

‘’No, I’m not’’ I shouted once again trying to get out of his death grip as we climbed the stairs into the V.I.P. section

‘’Sit’’ he said as he threw me on the chair.

‘’I’m not a dog Adriel and I certainly won’t tolerate you treating me like one’’ I said through clenched teeth.

He ignored me and asked, ‘’ Where did you learn to dance like that?’’

‘’I didn’t learn…now let me go!’’I said looking up at him.

‘’You must of learned somewhere. That wasn’t just hot it was phenomenal. Surely you must have taken a hip hop class or something?’’ he asked me.

‘’For the last time, I didn’t take any classes. Can I leave now asshole?’’ I asked him.

He gave me an unbelieving look and asked,

‘’Wait you didn’t take a single hip hop class’’

‘’No shit Sherlock’’ I replied.

‘’Wow! You’ve got mad talent then. You’ve got to allow me to introduce you to some agents or something? It won’t be too long before you’re the next big thing’’ he said excitedly, already whipping out his phone.

I never thought Adriel would have a good side to him but…

‘’I mean you can really dance and the chemistry between our bodies was amazing’’ he said putting the phone by his ear.

Okay now there’s the Adriel I’ve grown to hate.

‘’Adriel listen to me and listen very carefully. Our bodies don’t have any chemistry whatsoever. The only science we have is biology and that’s where I dissect your body into little unrecognizable pieces. Now I neither need nor want you to introduce me to any of your agents. Besides dancing really isn’t my thing’’ I told him getting up.

‘’Oh really well your body was saying something totally different than your mouth a few moments ago. What you did out there was something with passion and its something few dancers have Leanna. They may have the ambition and the motivation but most times they lack the passion. Leanna I’m basically offering to introduce you to my friend Fame’’ Adriel replied grabbing my wrist.

This time I snatched my hand away with all my strength, gave him a glare and yelled,

‘’Well maybe I don’t want fame!’’

He looked at me, laughed and said,

‘’Who exactly are you trying to fool? You are going to frigging L.A.R.S. academy of the performing arts. Of course you want fame. I’m just offering you the chance to get it Leanna’’

‘’That may be Adriel but I know you. Not for long but long enough. You would whole this above my head. You would want a favor in return. I’m gonna do this thing by myself and I’m gonna be an actress not a dancer andwhen I’m starring in movies I’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that I did it on my own. So as far as I’m concerned you could take your fame and shove it up your ass’’ I said storming off to find Jace.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

273K 15.8K 40
Ema, 18 year old senior at West Brooks Highschool. Living in a society and going to a school, where she's constantly being criticized and bullied bas...
15.4K 625 46
It was a story about Y/n L/n wanted to have a low profile life when entering her dream school but after encountering 7 mans that she thought very wei...
93 0 13
This is based off a vision i had a while ago, it isnt true and is over exaggerated for the sake of the story. if you're struggling with anything ment...
160K 16.5K 101
Once upon a time, An eighteen years old girl was in love with a boy, she use to pray for him... Crying in Sujood and beg Allah to make that easy for...