The Girl With The Sunset Eyes...

By MeepyM

{London 1795} Katherine Ayim is resold illegally after running away from her master. Her new owner is known... More

Dear Reader
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
The Cast for TGWTSE

Chapter 15

14.8K 370 34
By MeepyM

Dedication: A new authoress (in my world that is a word) on Wattpad who deserves some recognition, her book is just starting off but its really good and I would recommend her. She writes modern day fiction (mystery/ suspense and romance) so if you want to escape from the 18th century, an excellent choice.

Chapter 15:

Katherine went down to the garden. It was early so she hoped to avoid everyone, maybe see a glimpse of something special before she went back to work. To lift her spirits up, she felt so alone. Sitting down in the same place she always did she gazed at the cloudy sky.

She had been asleep all day yesterday, and only ate the plates of food which were brought to her rather than going to the kitchen. They were large, and she was quite full. Even now, she felt constipated and she wished for something to sooth her aching head.

"Katherine?"

"Master Blake?"

"I guess." He looked down at the grass and sat down next to her. "Katherine, may I ask you something?"

"Y-Yes of course sir," She felt different around him. Like she was a normal person that could achieve something, say something that included her opinion, she loved using her mind to think. The fact he was asking her rather than just ordering her was an achievement in itself.

But then, yesterday, she couldn't just stop thinking about what had happened. This was for the best for them both, to avoid him, to make sure she didn't hurt him. He didn't deserve her ruining his career, who would take a paralyzed entrepreneur seriously? They couldn't even take able bodied black people seriously.

Such a small world, in which people could only judge on pitiful things, no one was safe from the terror that was fear. The slaves feared their masters, the poor feared their employers and the rich feared them both. Katherine knew, deep down only money could keep her safe, but God would save her. Maybe one day, she would be worthy of love.

"Who use to own you?"

She was quiet. She then looked at the bruise on her arm, gently running her hand over the fading mark. He blamed her, she thought,  if she went out with him of course she would be the problem.

"Please trust me; I wouldn't do anything to harm you. It's just... He didn't want to stress her out but he took a deep breath and looked away from her face. There have been rumors of a runaway, there have been no official posters but they may come soon."

"Aaron Watson, he used to own me and my mother, until I ran away and was caught."

William nodded and stroked his beard. He looked at Katherine who now looked severely uncomfortable.  He was scared, Aaron Watson- that bastard, one of the largest successful scumbags in the country. He was one of the successful American stories, who decided to live in London, and probably close to William's home.

"You didn't come from the Americas?"

"N-No sir, I have lived here all my life. Unlike my mother, she came from America." William watched her as she spoke quietly.

William took her hands which were trembling and warmed them up with his own. It wasn't her he was looking for, she had been born here but he was still nervous. "And, what of your father's origin?"

"I do not know they were separated, as many slaves are, sir." She smiled sadly and restrained the tears which were tempting to fall.

William thought for several moments. That did not match up to the description being gossiped about. Thank God. "Okay, I don't think it's you."

"Yes sir,"

She looked at his face and he gazed into hers. His eyes speaking for him, blue eyed and with a small crinkle as he smiled reassuringly at her. She smiled back but felt weak all over again. She wanted to stay here, in safety, but she knew she wasn't his to have.

"What were you to him?"

"His whore," She said bitterly, and was shocked he did not let go of her hands.

Yesterday, he and Nathaniel had spoken about her like a piece of property. A mistress, when yet she had been taken by a man who owned her, it must of felt bad.  In fact he clenched harder and then looked away. William felt deep compassion and shook his head at the things people did. "You are no whore,"

"He slept with me, as his right." She looked away from his face and he suddenly felt closer. "And I never said no,"

Her eyes were bleak, William searched trying to find the love she showed yesterday. It had floated away.  He touched her face, cupping her cheek. "I'm sorry Katherine, I forget sometimes,"

Katherine began to cry, her eyes turned watery and she sobbed heavily. "Please Master, I won't do it again. Don't beat me!"

"Katherine!" He shouted, gently rubbing her arms.

"I'm sorry, please," She cried out, her hands shaking badly.

"Katherine! It's me, it is William." William panicked, she had not been this distressed beforehand, and he did not know what do to calm her down.

"I'll be good, I won't disobey again."

William was extremely confused. What did that man do to her?  She had been quiet around him and after revealing a part of her, she was in pain. She was crying, tears streaming down her face and her body feeling limp in his arms.

"Katherine, you are safe," William was trembling hard, she did not look safe.

"I'm a good girl! I won't disobey again," She convinced herself, suddenly the pain between her legs began.

Several moments later, she had calmed down. She did not move from his arms, but she was still unaware of her surroundings. William stroked her hair reassuringly, moving her hands onto the crisp grass to allow her to regain her senses. She lay on his chest, memories still flashing in her mind but slowly fading away.

"People will see," He crushed his deed of affection, like a person and an ant. He did it with no thought or no immediate need to do so.

 "Y-Yes sir, sorry," She brushed the grass off whilst he watched her. She was so shy and tired, she worried him.

"I'll see you later then," He whispered in her ear before quickly heading back to the house.

+++

Lance stood at the water fountain. He preferred bathing in the sunlight, even if it was freezing cold . He watched as the black servant talked with her master. They seemed very intimate and Lance could see with her long tied up her and seductive body why she would be an easy romp.

Well Blake would have to learn how to share, he would wait it out and pounce as soon as possible.

++++

Katherine knew today would be uncomfortable, the servants of Nathaniel Byrne were up earlier than her and she could hear them cleaning and cooking.

Katherine got out of her warm bed and splashed some cold water onto her face. She finished getting ready and tiptoed to William's room.

She had avoided the servants around the house so far until she reached the door where a blond maid was about to knock on the door. "Is Master Blake awake?" Katherine asked.

The woman snarled and shoved past her going back down the stairs. She knocked on the door and realized no one was there.

Leaving the room, neat, she went to the kitchen to find some breakfast. The servants were bare in the kitchen but glared at her evilly as she cut a chunk of bread and honey.

Going to the small servantâs garden she sat down on the hill and ate her food silently. "Excuse me?"

Katherine looked up and a man sat down beside her. "You are Mr. Blake's servant?"

Katherine nodded and looked at the man in front of her; he sat beside her and winked at her. "No wonder he has only one servant, you're a good choice after the last one."

Katherine was interested. She had always wondered why William only had one servant and now she could ask. Before she did the man answered her question. "His last servant poisoned him; she had been persuaded for a little incentive. It was all over the papers, and he had refused to get a new one for over six months. He disappeared from society and then got off his lazy ass after his brother forced him."

Katherine kept quiet but nodded all the same; it was a reasonable excuse for a slave, forcing someone's loyalty was more secure than paying for it. "She was an indenture to William's brother, and desperate to run away, they say. The girl who was accused, anyway."

"But the little bitch is in prison now. My wife spiked my drink I would have slapped her silly and fucked her for good measure."

"I-I'm sure that she is now remorseful,"

"You feel sympathy for her," Katherine personally did but did not comment instead shook her head. "Ah good, you wouldn't want your master to get a whiff out of it, he might not allow you into his bed anymore."

Katherine froze, did he know about her old master? Of course not, she was being paranoid, she shook her head. "Oh well I would be welcoming, little one." He brushed a hair and she flinched, moving away from him. "Pretty girl like you must be used to it, accommodating men for nothing. You are nothing anyway,"

Treat her mean, keep her keen was the phrase Lance was thinking of. "Excuse me sir," She scrambled up and dashed towards the house.

Ah. She was one of those types of women. A little seduction, a wink and she would be crawling into the haystack for one moment of pleasure. For now he would keep the chase up, and finish his first day with a kiss. She was a fast runner, he admitted that, but he was faster and he caught her on the door step.

He caught her waist and pulled her into his firm body. "Why not give me a kiss, to say goodbye?"

"You barely know me! Please get off." She wiggled and he held on firmer. She smelt delicious, a distinct smell of lavender and air.

Katherine was so close to the doorknob, if only she could reach a little closer. The door flung and hit her in the face; she stumbled back into Lance's body. They both fell into the grass.

"What the hell?"

Katherine looked up and saw a mass of red. Maybe it was blood, maybe she was dying. Maybe it was the devil ready to take her where she belonged. Again she tittered, since when had she become an actress?

She saw a pale white hand and she grabbed onto it, stumbling into another firm chest. "What about me, brother dearest?"

"What the hell were you doing Lance? I could see you from the window!"

He looked at the strewn Katherine and smiled kindly. "Good morning, I'm Julian. Lance." He pointed at the man on the ground. "Lance is my brother, unfortunately. We are Master Byrne's servants."

"G-Good morning, I'm Katherine." She said, her head was still hurting and now because of the door it was throbbing.

"Katherine was just welcoming me, we decided to get acquainted with nature." Lance stretched out his hands, greedily wiggling his fingers in a hope Katherine would come back.

"Nature, my ass, leave her alone Lance. Blake wonât like it and I need this land. You mess up and youâre on your own."

Before Lance could reply Julian had pulled Katherine along with him and they entered the kitchen, slamming the door in his face.

"I apologize for my brother,"

Katherine was quiet and tried to recognize some normality in the kitchen. It was now busy with people preparing food and they all knew each other.

She was upset and tired, and most of all sad. "Please excuse me,"

She rushed up to her room, gently removing her clothing. Now comfortable in only undergarments she snuggled into the covers. "Knock, knock."

Julian. What did the man want? "Come in,"

She shut her eyes to show he was clearly disturbing her and he laughed at her actions. His sisters were exactly, at home they would lock themselves away in a strop, and he shook his head fondly. Sometimes he missed home. "I brought you some ice Katherine, there will be a bruise and you donât want it to swell."

She laid her head on the pillow and he still brought it to her. Julian missed his home and he looked at the insecure girl in front of him. He already felt a connection, he felt like brushing her hair and tying it up before she went out to work.  

"Please leave me sir," She spoke softly. "This is improper,"

Julian nodded. If it was his sister he would expect her to react the same way, then he left the room. Knowing he would make it up to her.

+++

"Uncle! Move again and I will throttle you," Nathaniel threatened as he slid off his horse.

"Just because you have no love for Miss Phillips, it doesn't mean I can sit on my ass all day doing nothing,"

Nathaniel sighed. His uncle panicked too much. They were outside walking and for half of it William had been analyzing the previous night's attack. He had come to a small conclusion, although it wasn't very useful to anyone, apart from Nathaniel who had concluded his uncle was officially mad.

He had become extremely paranoid and as Nathaniel watched him pace up and down the stables, whilst they waited for their horses to be saddled, Nathan wondered how he ran one of the most successful businesses in the world. Because, quite frankly, he panicked like a woman, it was shameful.

"No one is going to go after her, just look at her," Nathaniel sneered, "She's just a titled prostitute."

"Nathan!" William was suddenly not in the mood to ride, and he was with the most certainty wasn't in the mood to hear this. "Whatever you say boy, I'm marrying her no matter how many times you insult her,"

"Uncle,"

William ignored him and shook his head sadly. "I'm going to bed," He walked away from the stables and headed for his study, and then he would head for bed. With a bottle of alcohol in his hands and he would enjoy drowning his sorrows in the bottomless cups. 

MeepyM: If you didn't realise what Katherine just had, it was a panic attack. Because she was in terror at that point, it triggered it. (So sorry if I potrayed it wrong- feel free to correct me if its bad) Also please check out the link and the authoress that I dedicated this chapter to. She's amazing, and new on Wattpad. Would love some feedback. 

http://www.wattpad.com/story/1180187-psycho

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97 24 13
Hey Yall! This is my first ever story in a public platform, so please bare with me.... It knows your secrets, and it will use them against you. It w...
148 5 21
Katherine has always had a dark past, fears she can't get through, demons she can't slay, desires just in front of her but too far to reach, she may...
13.9K 622 33
Book 1 1859, London. Victoria is the Queen, England is finishing the Second Opium War with China, and Amelia Hemmings is 19 and still not married. Sh...
92.4K 3.9K 20
"I want you to be present at every beck and call of mine. And your contacts with men should be very limited" "What exactly do you think I am?" "I kno...