Companion Cupid [OHSHC] [Hika...

By Izabelacchi

"You want to go somewhere today, Kaoru?" "Ah, sorry, I was actually going to go out with my girlfriend toda... More

Chapter 01 | Newfound
Chapter 02 | A Cupid's Client
Chapter 03 | Companionship
Chapter 04 | Tribulation
Chapter 05 | Poolside
Chapter 06 | Lonely People
Chapter 07 | Commonalty Bicycle
Chapter 08 | Field Work
Chapter 09 | Heated Cheeks
Chapter 11 | Sensitive Friendship
Chapter 12 | Conjoined Heart
Chapter 13 | Ball Bedlam
Chapter 14 | Her & Her
Chapter 15 | Bicycle Race

Chapter 10 | Host Club King

651 41 15
By Izabelacchi

[Chapter 10 | Host Club King]

Hikaru went home after his little breakdown, though nobody had seen him leave. He quite obviously didn't want to see anyone or have them see him with eyes red from crying. It wasn't natural to see one of the twins sad either, some would say. They were both always so happy, well, in their high school years.

He remembered the years before then.

He was a little envious of them.

Currently, the school day had ended and after school activities were in place. To Tomoko, the school day seemed a little dull without Hikaru around. It went fast, yet so slow at the same time.

"I'll be back." Tomoko said, getting up from the club couch.

"Huh? Where are you going?" Akemi asked, looking up from the notepad in her hands.

"To the host club, I want to see if Hikaru came back for his club." Tomoko explained.

Akemi sighed. "Man, this client is really giving you trouble. Are you sure you don't want to give him over to me? It'll be a huge weight off your shoulders."

Tomoko shook his head. "I'm sure." She said. "I like Hikaru-senpai, so I want to help him. I just...need to figure out what he really wants." He didn't seem interested in dating, though he had to be because he was at a matchmaking club after all. It just didn't make sense and Tomoko couldn't figure it out. Who knows, maybe he just wants a friend.

"If you insist." Akemi smiled. "Go on now."

Tomoko saluted Akemi before she grabbed her bag and left the Companion Cupid room and to the music room. 

When she got there, she pressed her ear against the door, listening in for Hikaru's voice. She hoped she wouldn't have to go completely in and deal with what she dealt with last time. That Tamaki guy was weird and she assumed he wasn't her biggest fan. For some reason.

She squinted as she listened. She wasn't able to identify a single voice among everyone chatting. "Damn it..."

"What are you doing?" Came a female voice from behind her.

Tomoko quickly spun around to see the owner of the voice that she identified as Jun, Kyoya's other half. "Oh- um...nothing. Just trying to listen in and see if Hikaru popped in."

Jun shook her head. "He's not in there." She watched Tomoko, a frown on her lips. This girl really was falling for whatever Hikaru was doing. Hikaru was a good spy it seemed. "...I don't approve of what he's doing with you at all." She sighed, shaking her head.

Tomoko's eyebrows furrowed. "Huh?" She was thoroughly confused at that. "What do you mean?"

Just as Jun opened her mouth to reply, the host doors opened and there stood Tamaki. "Jun! I thought I heard your voice." He blinked and looked to Tomoko, his eyes narrowing. "Hello."

Tomoko smiled at him. "Um...Hi."

"I'll let you two...converse." Jun said, slipping away from them and into the club room. She just really didn't feel like dealing with Tamaki and the club president of his new obsession.

Tamaki leaned against the wall dramatically. "Why is the taker-away-of-our-customer-person here?" He asked, voice just as dramatic.

Tomoko rose her eyebrows in amusement and confusion. What kind of name call was that. "Um...excuse me?"

"Your club has been taking away our customers." Tamaki pouted.

"Oh!" Tomoko's eyes widened. "I'm sorry, that wasn't my intention." She put her hands up in surrender. "Really! I just want to get along with people here."

In the distance, the hosts and guests both watched the interaction between the two. "How do you think this will go down?" Kaoru asked, arms crossed and brow raised.

"I think you'll be surprised." Kyoya pushed up his glasses, which glinted when he did so.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Kaoru looked at him, confused.

"Just wait and see. They're actually quite alike." Kyoya signaled to Tamaki and Tomoko.

Tamaki got off the wall, arms crossed. "Is that so?" He squinted.

"Yeah! I just want to find people love." Tomoko smiled. "Make them feel lovely and loved. Make them always have a smile on their faces..." Little flowers seemed to pop around her as she spoke, much like they did with Honey-senpai. "It's nice to know too, that if a relationship isn't what they're looking for that they have this place to go back to!"

"That..." Tamaki bowed his head and took a step closer.

Everyone watching held their breath and leaned in slightly, listening.

"Is beautiful!" Tamaki looked up, tears pricking at his eyes. "Utterly beautiful. To see someone so passionate of what they do just like I am...!" He put a hand over his heart.

Kaoru's jaw dropped. "What the hell?"

"Told you." Kyoya said casually, going back to writing in his black notebook.

Tomoko grinned wide. "Aah, it's good to know that you're passionate about your work!"

Tamaki put an arm around her and walked further in the host club with her, a grin on his face as he spoke. "Love is such a beautiful thing. Princesses deserve to be loved by princes! Princesses deserve to be given beautiful words of love! Princes deserve to find their beautiful princesses and make them laugh!" He started to rant.  He let go of her and dramatically kneel down on one knee, a hand over his heart as he continued on. "A prince must be a gentleman! Like me." He got back onto two feet and Tomoko could just stare, her mouth open and the side of it twitching.

The host club king took a hand of one of the guests. "And they must be able to charm a beautiful lady with ease." He winked at the guest, who squealed, her face going bright red. He let go of her hand and put his two arms up in the air. "No matter the place!"

The guests started to clap, yell out praise for Tamaki. Tomoko blinked slowly. That wasn't exactly what she meant, but hey, Tamaki had the right idea. Sort of. "Y-Yeah!" She smiled. "Look, I'll make sure to recommend you to my guests if they find out they don't want a relationship!"

"And I will recommend you to those lovely ladies that want more!" Tamaki spun around and faced her. Suddenly, an idea popped into his head. He extended his arm, pointing at Tomoko. "In fact, I have an idea!"

"Eh?" Tomoko tilted her head.

"Why don't we combine our clubs for a day? No, a night! We can do a Companion Host ball!" Tamaki said.

"That's such a great idea, Tamaki-senpai!" One of the guests exclaimed.

"Yeah! Please do it!" Another begged.

Tomoko blinked a few times. "Companion Host ball?"

"Yes! To show we stand for the same thing." Tamaki put an arm around her and a hand on his chin. He smiled wide, eyes shut as he spoke. "You and I, the kings of our club, will both speak at said ball and maybe even switch jobs for a night!"

This...was sudden, but at least Tamaki liked her. Tomoko smiled wide, heart thumping. "That's a great idea!" She looked over to the blond. "We can have dances too and everyone can dress up? Maybe wear little cupid wings? Or we can!"

"Yes!" Tamaki grinned wide. "You and I think alike!"

"Oh dear..." Haruhi watched the two, her expression the opposite of an amused one. All she could see when she looked at the two were two Tamaki's.

"Haruhi, you can wear wings too!" Tamaki said.

"Yeah...no." Haruhi squinted.

Tomoko smiled at Haruhi. "I think that's a great idea. Please, Haruhi-senpai?"

"Please!" Tamaki looked at her with puppy-dog eyes.

Haruhi sighed dramatically. "I'll think about it." She said, only to stop the begging.

"Come, Tomoko, we must plan!" Tamaki grabbed her arm and pulled her along to a nearby table, in which they both sat down and started chattering away. 

Everyone seemed happy at the idea, but Kaoru...he just had a bad feeling. And he didn't know why.

After the club was over, everyone went home. When Kaoru arrived home, he instantly went to his brothers room. He grabbed the door to try and open it but it was locked, so he called out for his brother instead. "Hikaru?"

Hikaru was laying there on his bed, staring up at the ceiling aimlessly in his depression. "Go away."

"Hikaru, can we talk?" Kaoru asked.

"I said go away, Kaoru." How funny. It was Hikaru pushing him away this time.

"I want to help, Hikaru. I want to know what's wrong." Kaoru put a hand on the door. "Please talk to me?" 

"Kaoru, go away." Hikaru huffed out.

Kaoru sighed, looking down in defeat. He remembered what happened at the Host Club and figured maybe that'd help cheer him up. He did like Tomoko after all. They seemed like good friends despite the...spy stuff. "At the club today, Tomoko spoke with Tamaki. They're really good friends all of a sudden."

Hikaru paused. "...What?"

"Yeah. They have an idea for a ball with both the clubs. Don't know if it'll happen..." Kaoru swallowed. "I'll leave you alone now. Please talk to me later." The younger twin sighed and turned, slowly walking away from the room.

Hikaru stared at the ceiling in thought. Tamaki friends with Tomoko? Tamaki, the one who wanted him to do 'spying' was friends with Tomoko, the person he thought he was spying on and the person who had no idea the 'spying' was just a cover up for all this. God, if she found out...how'd she react? Be sad? Be mad?

God, would Tamaki tell her? Would Tamaki call the spying off and would he be forced to explain why he's still doing all that cupid stuff?

Oh god.

This wasn't good.

[Chapter END]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.7K 1.8K 26
Mikasu Hitachiin is the unknown older sister of the well-known Hitachiin twins, Hikaru and Kaoru. Being disliked by their parents she was forced to l...
622K 22.8K 41
We all know Mitsukuni Haninozuka, also known as Honey-senpai, right? Well have you heard of Tomoyo Haninozuka, Honey-senpai's little sister? A first...
231K 6.1K 24
Enrolled in the all-prestigious Ouran High School, Fujioka Haruhi should be delighted. However, being in the Host Club was not something she had plan...
19.1K 472 12
Ouran Academy is an elite upper school catering to the ultra-rich. Haruhi and Michiru Fujioka are middle-class scholarship students, Haruhi on an Aca...