Dark Paradise → Klaus Mikaels...

By sassystefan

Isabella wakes to find the world changed and her feelings still strong yet she denies them even when she come... More

Chapter One | Awoken
Dark Paradise Trailer
Chapter Two | Runaway
Chapter Three | Bad Ideas
Chapter Four | Love Confession
Chapter Five | Tombs & Discussions
Chapter Six | Pity
Chapter Seven | Yours
Chapter Eight | Lies
Chapter Nine | Goodbye To My Love
Chapter Ten | Interruptions
Chapter Eleven | Wondering
Chapter Twelve | Dancing In The Past
Chapter Thirteen | Tension & Treats
Chapter Fourteen | Blue Eyes
Chapter Fifteen | Spells & Sacrifices
Chapter Sixteen | Vampire Negotiations
Chapter Seventeen | Wolfsbane Darts
Chapter Eighteen | Hybrid Troubles
Chapter Twenty | Sensing Things
Chapter Twenty One | Night Of Lies & Danger
Chapter Twenty Two | Bonfire Bloodlust
Chapter Twenty Three | Ghost Town
Chapter Twenty Four | Stories & Sorrow
Chapter Twenty Five | Homecoming Havoc
Chapter Twenty Six | Bourbon & Bewilderment
Chapter Twenty Seven | Birthday & Bites
Chapter Twenty Eight | Bennett Business
Chapter Twenty Nine | Mikaelson Mayhem
Chapter Thirty | Celebrations & Conversations
Chapter Thirty One | Moment of Truth
Chapter Thirty Two | Beautiful & Troubled
Chapter Thirty Three | Original Drama
Chapter Thirty Four | Twirling in the Twenties
Chapter Thirty Five | Curious & Remorseful
Chapter Thirty Six | Hope & Love
Sequel :)

Chapter Nineteen | Windy City

15.3K 385 21
By sassystefan

"Welcome back to Chicago Stefan".

"Why are we in Chicago?" Isabella groans, looking around her at the place while Stefan asks basically the same question.

"What are we doing here?".

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?". Bella looks at the two, wondering what happened in Chicago that has Klaus so interest and happy to be here.

"Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur".

"Well that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend. Word was the ripper of Monterrey got lonely so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was Prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun".

"Wish I had been there but I was stuck in a coffin" Bella says, glaring at Klaus who just smirks as he continues.

"Chicago was magical".

"Yeah"well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it".

"Going to get down to business, then?".

"Why am I still with you? I know you have Isabella with you because you are obsessed with her but we had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean don't you want to move on?".

"We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her".

-

Niklaus leads the way into a bar that is quiet and empty. "Looks familiar, doesn't it?
Stefan: I can't believe this place is still here".

"You got to be kidding me" A woman walks over, shaking her head when she sees us.

"So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender..."

"Stop. You may be invincible but that doesn't make you funny".

"I remember you".

Klaus leans closer to Isabella "Having fun, Sweetheart?".

"Oh yeah, having so much fun" She says sarcastically as she glares before her eyes scan the room. "Oh look there's the bar". Her heels click on the floor as she walks her way over, grabbing a bottle of bottle which she pours some into a glass. Her ears pick up on the conversation happening across the room.

"Yeah. You're Gloria. Shouldn't you be...".

"Old and dead? Now if I die, who's going to run this place huh?".

"Gloria's a very powerful witch".

"I can slow the aging down some. Herbs and spells. But don't worry, it'll catch up to me one day".

"Stefan, why don't you go and fix us up a little something from behind the bar?".

"Yeah sure thing" Stefan walks away, heading to the bar where Bella sits, drinking her glass of bourbon,

"Hey" He says, slipping onto the seat beside her while grabbing his own glass. They no pretend not to listen in when they really are.

"Obviously you did something wrong. Look, every spell has a loophole, but a curse that old...We'd have to contact the witch who created it".

"Well, that would be the original witch. She's very dead".

"I know. And for me to contact her, I'll need help. Bring me Rebekah".

Isabella raises her eyebrows at the name of the blonde Original sister who she met once when she was traveling but it seems that she didn't like her. Bella ignores Stefan who just pulled some picture off the wall.

"Rebekah. Rebekah is a bit preoccupied".

"She has what I need. Bring her to me".

"What is this" The Salvatore speaks up, holding the picture up so Klaus can see.

"Well, I told you Stefan. Chicago's a magical place".

"But this is me. With you".

-

After leaving the bar in search for Rebekah, they are wandering through a warehouse. Stefan is still curiously holding the picture of Klaus and him. "This doesn't make any sense. Why don't I remember you?".

"You said it yourself: that time had a lot of dark holes".

"No if you knew me, then why haven't you said anything?".

"I'm a little busy right now. Memory Lane will have to wait".

"You mean compulsion lane" Bella mutters, knowing that Klaus would have compelled Stefan, otherwise he would have remembered the time he spent in Chicago.

"What the hell is going on? Answer me".

"Let's just say we didn't get off to a brilliant start. To be honest I hated you". Klaus tells him of how he met his sister and how they met.

"Your sister. So I knew another Original vampire".

"If you can't handle it, then don't ask".

Isabella slides her hand over a coffin which is in the warehouse, filled with an Original. "This isn't creepy at all".

Klaus ignores her, opening a different one which contains a blonde original vampire with dagger through her chest. Stefan looks forward but shakes his head "I don't recognize her".

"Well don't tell her that. Rebekah's temper is worse than mine". The dagger is then pulled from her chest swiftly. "Time to wake up, little sister".

A while goes by without any sign of her waking up "Any day now, Rebekah". Klaus looks at the other two who appear to be bored "She's being dramatic".

"Look why don't you just tell me what the hell is going on? I mean you obviously want me here for a reason, right?".

"Well, you have many useful talents".

"Do I?".

"In fact, I learned some of my favorite tricks from you".

Once again, Klaus tells them of a story from Chicago back in the 1920s. Rebekah, Klaus and Stefan were at the bar, talking about family and vampire things until a man walked over, asking where his wife was. The wife was called over to the man's relief but Stefan made them both sit down. He poured the woman's blood into a champagne glass, handing it to her husband who looked shocked. Stefan then compelled the man to drink from the glass and he did.

"I wonder what Elena would think of that" Isabella says, raising her eyebrows at the Salvatore.

"I was your number one fan" Klaus says, walking over to some man who stands guard.

"Why should I believe any of this?".

"When she wakes up, tell her to meet us at Gloria's Bar. Then volunteer your carotid artery and let her feed until you die" He compels the guardian before walking out of the warehouse with the others following.

"Where are you going?"

"You think I'm lying, Stefan. You and I knew each other. You trusted me with one of your secrets and now I'm going to prove it to you".

"How?".

"We're going to your old apartment".

...

"What a charming little homestead. Do you feel that? Is anybody here?",

"Besides a sad Salvatore, an annoying hybrid and a beautiful brunette vampire, don't think so" Isabella exclaims as she steps into the apartment.

"Come on love" Klaus says, reaching for her hand but she brushes him off, inspecting the room.

"It's been vacant for decades. People must break in all the time. Why'd you bring us here?".

"Your friend Liam Grant, the one who drank his wife's blood. I never could figure out why you wanted his name. And then you told me your little secret. It was all part of your special little ritual".

"To write it down".

"And relive the kill, over and over again" Bella walks towards where Stefan was looking, opening the hidden door to find his alcohol shelf but also a terrified Elena.

"Hey Stef, cool shelf" She says, widening her eye at him in order for him to come check it out which he does, stopping when he sees Elena. Bella walks out, to make sure that Klaus doesn't suspect anyone.

"Look what I found" Stefan turns around, a bottle in his hand. "1918. Single malt".

"My favorite. Let's go and find someone to pair it with".

-

At Gloria's bar, Stefan and Klaus are drinking at the counter as Bella is sitting on a  random chair, her eyes closed as she sleeps, her mind drifting into a dream.

Her hair blows in the wind as she runs, her voice hoarse from screaming. He is following her. She knows it. His voice keeps repeating her name in a low whispery tone.

"Isabella".

"Isabella".

"Isabella. Where are you my love?".

It sends shivers down her spine and makes her pick up the speed, using all her strength to get away but he is faster and stronger. Within a second, he catches her, grabbing her and moving her brunette hair our of the way. Veins and fangs appear making her scream out in fear.

A hand shakes her shoulder, making her wake up. Worried blue eyes meet her gaze but she just shrugs "Why did you wake me?".

"You were screaming" He looks at her, deep into her eyes "Want to talk about what you dreamt about?".

"No, can we just get on with the whole Chicago thing".

"We will as soon as both Salvatore's stop interrupting my plans" Klaus turns around, where Damon now stands with a smirk.

"I see they've opened the doors to the riff-raff now"

"Oh honey, I've been called worse" Damon nods towards the brunette "Nice to see you again".

"You don't give up do you?".

"Give me my brother back, you'll never have to see me again"

"Well'I am torn. You see, I promised Stefan I wouldn't let you die but how many freebies did I really sign up for? And clearly you want to die, otherwise you wouldn't be here so...".

"What can I say? I'm a thrill-seeker"

"Damon seriously?" Isabella says, frowning at the eldest Salvatore. Klaus reacts by lifting him off the floor with one arm, stabbing him with a tooth pick with his other arm. "Oh dear, what was that? I'm boozey, so you'll forgive me if I miss your heart the first few tries!" He does it again to his stomach "Oh! No that's not it. Hm".

Klaus tries again "Oh. Almost". Isabella sighs as she watches him, knowing this was his little game. He angles a toothpick towards Damon's heart but doesn't continue when the Salvatore interrupts. "You want a partner in crime? Forget Stefan. I'm so much more fun".

Damon is thrown backward, crashing onto a table which breaks it, making him land onto the ground. Klaus rips a part of a chair, using it as a sort of stake and leans over him. "You won't be any fun after you're dead".

"Klaus" Isabella says, warning in her voice and she looks at Gloria for help, the bar owner sets the stake on fire, earning a sigh of relief from Damon.

"Really?".

"Not in my bar. You take it outside". Gloria walks away and Klaus takes this moment to say something to the man who he held down. "You don't have to negotiate your brother's freedom. When I'm done with him, he won't want to go back".

After Damon leaves and Stefan come back, they make their way back to the warehouse where the blonde Original has awakened.

"Rebekah, it's your big brother. Come out, come out, wherever you are". With a whoosh, his sister runs over, stabbing him with the dagger "Go to hell Nik!".

"Don't pout. You knew it wouldn't kill me" Klaus says, pulling it out and placing it on a coffin.

"Yeah, but I was hoping it would hurt more".

"I understand that you're upset with me, Rebekah, so I'm going to let that go. Just this once. Brought you a little peace offering. You can come in".

"Well I hopes it not her because I met her once and she ate her way through my dinner guests when I went to the bathroom".

"Oh yeah, sorry my hunger got the best of me" Bella says, a smirk on her lips. Stefan walks in, earning a surprised reaction from are Rebekah. "Stefan".

"Now you remember" Niklaus compels him, making him remember.

"Rebekah" He walks toward the blonde vampire but Klaus stops him "Stefan". He turns, looking at the hybrid. "I remember you. We were friends".

"We are friends" Klaus turns to his sister "And now the reason you're here. Gloria tells me you know how to contact the original witch".

"The original witch?".

"What do you have that Gloria needs?".

Rebekah touches her neck but her look turns annoyed "Where's my necklace? What did you do with it? I never take it off!".

"I don't know. I didn't touch it".

"We need to find it Nik. Now I want it back!".

"Tell me that's not what she needs Rebekah!".

The blonde Original goes over to the coffin, looking but with no success so she throws it onto the ground.

"There's that temper you were talking about" Isabella says, earning a 'really' look from Niklaus.

"Shut up" Rebekah shouts her, vamp speeding to her before being stopped by Klaus.

"Don't touch her" He says, protecting the brunette.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.4K 1.2K 13
Isabella Salvatore has never been able to live a normal life. She HAS tried over thirty times. Isa has been able to be reborn when ever she wanted, t...
196K 2.1K 63
How would you feel if you were in The Vampire Diaries? Would you be a witch, a wolf, a vampire or human? What if you fell for a character and they fe...
63.6K 1K 34
'『 ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏɴs. 』' a love story that has 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 but we all know that always and forever doesn't last... even for i...
713K 23.5K 40
Waking up in The Vampire Diaries? Oh shit. Being Bonnie Bennett, the judgemental witch? Double-shit. Well fuck it, it's my life now.