Taking Back The World! (A Pac...

By TrickyNici

The Becket brother's have always considered, the tell-it-like-it-is beauty, Lila Yale apart of their family... More

Lieutenant Lila Yale, reporting
Gypsy Danger's Fall
15 Months of waiting, Sydney Shatterdomes and Hansens
Bloody Noses
Prolonged Stays, Becoming Friends and Nervous Breakdowns
It's ok to move on, Lila...
....The Drift
Tests and Begging
The Long Lost and Ever Handsome...
Discoveries and Little Heartbreaks
Working and Dealing.. Again..
Hand Cramp of the Century
Jury's back from Diliberation
Drift Compatibilty
Memories and Kisses <3
AUTHOR'S NOTE!
Jaeger Deployment and Hibuck
Your Glory Ranger's Pilot?
Down the RABBIT hole and into the Fire
Cherno Alpha, Crimson Typhoon and Glory Ranger
Keep Calm and Love a Jaeger Pilot <3
Be Prepared For War
Cancelling the Apocolypse!
The Fall of a Titan
TAKING BACK THE WORLD!!
The Beginnings of the rest of our lives ❤ With the promised Teaser! ;p

Words unspoken during a Double Event

6.7K 177 9
By TrickyNici

  Hello my lovelies! :D How are we this evening? I'm doing great, thanks for asking :3. I have waaay to much on my mind so of course the one thing that keeps me going in the right direction is writing, and what better topic to write on? :D Enjoy this one, it's a cute one for sure!! Thanks so much for all the comments and votes!! Your all so very awesome!! :D

DISCLAIMER: I only own Lieutenant Lila Yale and my own twist on Del Toro's amazing movie.

  “Sir, you can‘t write Mako off, we need her in Gipsy for the Breach drop.”

    Now it was my turn to be in the Marshall’s office, trying to save what was left of Gipsy’s team. He had just dismissed Raleigh and a sobbing Mako and after Raleigh hastily told me what had happened, he went off to make sure Mako was alright.

    “You and Mr. Becket are still very much Drift Compatible.” The Marshall let his obvious irritation shine through his voice and gave me a cold stare but I stared him right back down.

    “You know as well as I do that I need to be in Glory when we do this drop. We can‘t afford to have your love for your adoptive daughter jeopardize everything.” His shoulder’s straightened and his gaze turned deadly. I had just struck a nerve I knew would get a reaction out of him and hopefully bring him to his senses.

    “I love Mako too, like a sister, but you can‘t just push her on the back burner when she needs to be on the front lines starting the fires.” I said, my own anger coming to the surface.

    “I‘m not saying anything else on the matter. You are to pilot Gipsy with Raleigh, you are dismissed.” Pentecost turned his back to me, walking as far away from me as he could.

    All I got out was a single syllable and the Marshall whipped around, faced me with an expression I’d never seen on his face before and his fists tight at his side.

    “Your dismissed!” He shouted, keeping his gaze on me as I slowly made my way out of the room.

    “Hey.” I didn’t jump at Raleigh’s voice, nor did I turn to him right away after closing the door and sealing it behind me.

    “Hey, how is she?” I croaked, still facing the door.

    “Pretty tore up. She just wants to do him proud.” I sighed, nodding and finally turning to him.

    His hands were buried deep in his pockets, boots kicking at invisible dust while he kept his eyes on the ground. I took a few steps forward and wrapped my arms around his middle. Rals happily hugged me back, kissing the top of my head.

    “Who‘s gonna pilot Gipsy with me then?” Raleigh asked.

    “That‘ll be me, toots.” I stated, pulling away slightly and grinning lightly at him.

    “Thank God, I didn‘t want to have to deal with one of those other guys.” I laughed, smacking his chest lightly as I moved from his grip, heading down the hallway with his hand in mine.

    “I hope he changes his mind about Mako. She needs this.” I stated, looking over at Raleigh who watched our entwined fingers as they swayed.

    “Yea.” He said absently.

    “Come on, let‘s go talk.” He piped up suddenly, pulling me off down towards the rooms.

    He tugged me into his room and sealed the door behind him. I took the time he was working on the door to look around his living space. It was sparce, just a small pile of military issue clothes and a large duffel bag in the corner, the same one he’d walked in with on day one. I smiled at the bittersweet memory.

    “Did you and Chuck talk?” I turned to face Raleigh, who was leaning against the door.

    “A little, yea.” It was my turn to burry my hands in my pockets and kick dirt.

    “I don‘t want to get back with him, Raleigh.” I said honestly, looking up at him and locking eyes with him.

    “It‘s you.” A small smile quirked on the edge of his lips as he pushed himself off the wall and walked over to me.

    “It‘s always been you.”

    I set my hands on his chest when his wrapped around my waist. Dipping his lips to mine, they met in a sweet kiss that I returned eagerly. It quickly turned hotter as his hands roamed lower, grabbing my ass and pulling it into him. I retaliated by sucking his bottom lip into my mouth, running my tongue along it slowly. Raleigh’s whole being shook lightly and his grip tightened as he started taking steps to push me back onto his mattress.

    Double Event occurring. Two Kaiju signatures rising from the breach. Both Category 4, Codenames: Otachi and Leatherback. All Jeager Rangers are to report to the LOCCENT Room. All other personel, report to your respectable Jaegers and await orders.

    Raleigh moved from the kiss first but didn’t move from my grip. We listened to the announcement with horror obvious on our faces. It was happening. It was happening.

    “Come on!” He grabbed my hand and we quickly headed to the LOCCENT room, along with a few other LOCCENT personel.

    When we finally got there, there was huge crowd of people that was so big it all couldn’t fit in the tiny control room. I tightened my hold on Raleigh’s hand and pulled him through the crowd.

    “Marshall, is it true? A double event?” I shouted after we’d parted the still growing crowd in the room to stand at the front. I emerged standing between the Russians and the Australians.

    “Two of those things?” Raleigh asked, sounding a little breathless. I squeezed his hand, knowing that he must be feeling a little intimidated by all the people here.

    “I‘m deploying Cherno Alpha, Crimson Typhoon and Glory Ranger.” I perked at the sound of my Jaeger’s name.

    “Striker can take those two out, no problem, sir.” Chuck said cockily, taking a step forward as he talked.

    “I need Striker for the Breach. And Gipsy is grounded for the time being.” Before Raleigh or Mako, who had also emerged from the crowd, could pipe up, the Marshall stomped out any retort from the two.

    “Kaidonovsky‘s, Wei‘s and Miss. Yale, report to your Jaegers.” The Marshall looked us all in the eye, landing lastly on me and giving me a nod.

    My whole body buzzed, hummed even. I was ready to get back in my Jaeger and prove myself. Going on a run with such famous pilots made my heart skip for joy. 

    “I‘ll have a headset on, I‘ll be here.” Raleigh said as he walked with me to my Jaeger.

    “Okay.” I said shakily, my excitement shaking my nerves a little.

    “You can do this, Lila.” He reassured, stopping just short of the bay to grab my face in his hands and make my stormy grey eyes look up at him shining with all the doubt and joy that was going through me.

    “Just remember your training. And if Glory tries to take over too much, shut her down.”

    “Got it.” I nodded, not being very effective at it with his hands still on my face.

    “Please come back.” Raleigh’s heartbreak tore me apart and I knew why he was being so protective. He didn’t want to lose me like he’d lost his brother. Well, I wasn’t going to let myself get brought down that easily.

    “Mr. Becket.” I rubbed my palms slowly up his arms, giving him a warm smile.

    “Where‘s my good luck kiss.” I asked suggestively, feeling my smile grow as he didn’t waste any time connecting our lips.

    My hands wound their way around his neck as his lips moved against mine. He pulled me flush against him as I felt one of his arms go across my back and another around my shoulders as he dipped me backwards, one of my legs kicking up in the air. I laughed into the kiss and I felt Raleigh’s smile as he straightened us both.

    “Now go.” Raleigh said, playing with one of the curls that had fallen from my ponytail.

    “Fine.” I sighed, getting one last kiss before walking into my Jaeger’s Conn-Pod. I gave a still worried looking Raleigh a thumbs up and a goofy smile before the doors sealed shut and I was put into my suit once again.

    I took even, calming breaths to try and relax my hummingbird beating heart. As soon as I was fully connected to my Jaeger, I felt a sigh rush through me and everything about me relaxed. I felt peace, love and safety being where I was.

    “I‘m much ready to fight along side you, Lila.” I was pulled from my peaceful state by the Russian’s deep voice over my headset. 

    “Me too, Aleksis.” I chimed, opening the channel while pressing the button.

    “Just watch us, we‘ll show you how it‘s done.” I chuckled, shaking my head as the last of the tech’s started pouring from the Pod and everything started getting into place.

    “Lila, can you hear me?” I smiled at the new voice over the headset, feeling my heart throb happily.

    “Loud and clear, Rals.” I stated.

    “How you doing?” He asked.

    “Quit asking me that before I tell you an answer your not gonna wanna hear.” I stated, wanting to squash his concern before it consumed anymore of him.

    “Fine.” Raleigh said gruffly, but I could hear the smile in his voice.

    “Orders are straightforward, Lila. Cherno Alpha and Crimson Typhoon will hold the Mile. Your to stay back and provide support if needed.” Raleigh relayed the directions most likely given by the Marshall.

    “And Lila?”

    “On the battlefield, you can‘t always follow the rules. Do what you think is best.” Raleigh added.

    “Right.” I blew out, shaking out my shoulders. Glory was even starting to feel antsy, I could feel the slightest twitches going through her as we waited.

    “Hey beautiful.” I perked at the pet name and smiled.

    “Your gonna be just fine.” He comforted, his voice sweetening my soul like caramel.

    “Engaging neural handshake.” Tendo said over the headset but quickly hopped off the channel, giving Raleigh and I privacy.

    “What‘s it like to Drift with a Jaeger alone?” He asked as I felt the Drift start to form in the corner of my mind.

    “It‘s all her memories, and mine, melding into one. If this robot could talk,  it‘d have quite a bit to say.” I said, feeling like I was being pulled through quicksand.

    When I was finally pulled under the Drift, I felt that deep connection again. The connection that only Glory and I had. This Drift, she was more willing for my thoughts to prevail, mostly about the man that was on the other mic, still murmuring to me.

    Laughs with the two best guys ever.

    You two, better come back!

    Pain shared because of Jaeger training.

    You have a special gift.

    Why are you having so many tests, Lila? Are you sick?

    Tears given when loved ones lost.

    Yancy, I don’t know if you can hear me but I love you and I’m so sorry! I have to try and save Raleigh! I’m so sorry Yance! I’m so sorry!

    Now, Raleigh!

    Those boys were my life. I loved them like family. When they got taken away from me, I was a mess. A literal mess.

    Relief of having at least one of them back.

    Your level of control and expertise on the Jaegers is no mistake.

    Oh God.. Rals-

    I missed you so damn much.

    Feelings burried over years.

    I was going to ask you out for lunch, it wouldn’t have been much since the world’s ending and all, but I would have done something nice.

    It’s not that big of a deal. I should have known you’d find someone.

    I’ve seen the way he looks at you, I’m not blind woman. He wants you. As more than a ‘friend’

    Just stepping aside. I just want you happy.

    You gotta understand that Raleigh has been in my life since the Academy. That’s really when my life truly started.

    Hell, Raleigh was my first kiss, for heavens sake!

    You were meant to be the only solo pilot for a reason.

    I do, Chuck. But I love Raleigh too.

    Focus on me. Focus on this.

    Were definitely still Drift Compatible!

    You’re the best hope we have. Your crazy good with Jaegers, which makes us, as Rangers, crazy good at kicking Kaiju ass

    But I needed you, Rals.

    Lillianna Bailey Yale, I haven’t forgotten yours.

    I think I-

    I- I really like you, Lila.

    How badly you wanted to tell him you didn’t like him-

    You were meant to be, Lila

    How badly you wanted to tell him you loved him.

    Raleigh Becket

    For a reason.

    His playful kisses in my hair

    His killer smile

    His kind soul

    Him.

    It’s always been him.

    Lila. I felt the edges of the Drift fade just enough that I could actually hear Raleigh saying my name and could feel the heat flush through me.

    Suddenly, I was dropped from the Drift, I felt like I’d actually fallen. I steadied myself and mentally shook off the feeling. That left the most prominent feeling inside me to run rampant. The heat that continued to fly through my veins and in my heart. I knew this feeling, I had felt it before with the very boy that was trying to talk to me.

    “How‘s it going in there?” Raleigh asked, concerned that I hadn’t answered his first three responses.

    “I love you, Raleigh.” I said quickly, throwing the words from my lips.

    “I don‘t like you, I love you.” I clarified.

    “I never have just liked you. I‘ve always loved you.”

    There was silence on the other line and my heart started to slowly sink to my feet in disappointment and embarasssment. Why wasn’t he saying anything back? Did he not feel the same way? Was there-?

    “I love you too, Lila. So much.” At the sound of Raleigh’s joyous laughter and comment, everything fluttered and my heart throbbed painfully in my chest. But I liked it.

    “Really?” I asked, breathless for no reason.

    “Yes, really. Now hurry back so I can show you how much.” I could hear how happy I had just made him and I know he heard the happiness in mine.

    “I love you.” The words flowed so easy and I felt a weight I didn’t even know I was carrying lift off my shoulders.

    I’d wanted to tell Raleigh that for years. Since the moment I met him, actually.

    “I love you too.” His silky voice sounded sincere and sweet and I smiled as I reached up, flicking a few switches.

    Engaging transport drop.

    There was a few seconds of free-fall before I landed in the Harbor at waist height. I saw Cherno and Crimson both detach as well and move to the Miracle Mile, the very place I had taken down the last Kaiju that had come through the Breach.

    I felt my Jaeger giving me more than just physical strength, and Raleigh giving me back up through the LOCCENT, I even had two of the best Jaeger pilots in the world a few miles in front of me.

    Nothing could go wrong.

    I hoped.

Big bad fight scene next chapter, it's going to be epic! How about that love confession? TOTALLY AWWWW WORTHY!!! :D :D :D Please tell me what your thoughts on it are, I love talking about my work :) Comment, rate and vote!! Thanksies!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 229 34
Sadie Ross - the best friend everyone wants. Smart, witty, beautiful, and kind, with a heart of pure gold. Charlie Conway - captain and heart of the...
2.2K 120 25
Emilia Rose had just moved from San Francisco to Anchorage and was terrified. After going from an all girls school to a school with boys, she wounds...
539K 18.8K 68
Journey to true love. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Excerpts: Not knowing what more to say, I give i...
682K 12.1K 42
UNEDITED! "I can't act like I'm not in love with you!" he says at last. Every single drop of confidence fades away from my body. "What did you say?"...