Tempted (#Wattys2015)

By LostxInxStereo

Bella Knowle is almost through her last year of high school. She's a straight A student, loves music, and has... More

Tempted:00:
Tempted:01:
Tempted:02:
Tempted:03:
Tempted:04:
Tempted:05:
Tempted:06:
Tempted:07:
Tempted:08:
Tempted:09:
Tempted:10:
Tempted:11:
Tempted:12:
Tempted:13:
Tempted:14:
Tempted:15:
Tempted:16:
Tempted:17:
Tempted:18;
Tempted:19:
Tempted:20:
Tempted:21:
Tempted:22:
Tempted:23:
Tempted:24:
Tempted:25:
Tempted:26:
Tempted:27:
Tempted:28:
Tempted:29:
Tempted:30:
Tempted:31:
Tempted:32:
Tempted:33:
Tempted:34:
Tempted:35:
Tempted:36:
Tempted:37:
Tempted:38:
Tempted:39:
Tempted:40:
Tempted:41:
Tempted:42:
Tempted:43:
Tempted:44:
Tempted:45:
Tempted:46:
Tempted:47:
Tempted:48:
Tempted:49:
Tempted:50:
Tempted:51:
Tempted:52:
Tempted:53:
Tempted:54:
Tempted:56:
Tempted:57:
Tempted:58:
Tempted:59:
Tempted:60:
Tempted:61:
Tempted:62:
Tempted:63:
Tempted:64:
Tempted:65:
Tempted:66:
Tempted:67:
Tempted:68:
Tempted:69:
Tempted:70:
Tempted:71:
Tempted:72:
Tempted:73:
Tempted:74:
Tempted:75:
Tempted Sequel: Tragedy

Tempted:55:

11.7K 255 137
By LostxInxStereo

*Justin*

3:54 PM

She'd have to listen to me now. She'd have to. I wouldn't let her go. Not without an explanation.

I turned the corner, seeing a cloud of smoke rising up in the air and felt my stomach twist.

There was still a little ways to the school...she'd be getting out in a few minutes.

And if she was already out I'd catch her out on the sidewalk walking home.

It took four more turns until the school was supposed to be in view - but all I saw was firetrucks - police cars - ambulances...

Oh my god..

I parked my car as fast as I could, turning off my engine, jogging over to the crowd and pushed through the crowd, watching as person after person got lifted into an ambulance.

I thought I was going to be sick.

I pulled out my phone, calling Bella with shaking hands, another wave of nausea hitting me when her phone went straight to voicemail.

"Hey!" I called out, running past the police and over to a paramedic. "Have you seen a brunette? She's only about five feet tall -"

"We've heard a lot of people come out of there kid. I couldn't even tell you."

"She's not answering her phone - she had finals today. She was in there- Is everyone out?"

"Everyone we could get is out. The building is going down- firefighters have done everything they can."

"Can't you see if anybody has seen her? She's-She's my girlfriend. Please."

He nodded, lifting up the walkie-talkie on his shoulder.

"Hey, does anyone have a female, about 5-feet tall, brown hair?" He looked back at me and I waited, hoping someone had her...anyone.

'Nope. No brunette.'

'Yeah sorry, no brunette here either - well I do, but she's definitely not five feet.'

There were more 'No's.' after that, ones that made my palms sweat and my heart race.

'I'm sorry."

"No, then she's in there. They have to go back in-" I started but he cut me off.

"They cleared it. The building is going to collapse any minute. I'm sorry - I'm sure she got out."

At this point I knew he wasn't going to help...so I walked away, jogging over to a firefighter.

"You have to go back in. My girlfriend is still in there-"

"We've already been in there. They cleared the building-"

"No you didn't! She's in there!"

"I'm sorry sir...I'm sure the paramedics-"

"No! I just checked with them and they don't have her either - she's in there!"

"Look the building is going to-"

"Isn't it your job to put yourself in a risky situation when it comes to this stuff?! She's in there and you're not doing anything!"

"I'm sorry, but-"

I turned my back to him, sprinting into a run and I heard yelling, it sounded like one of the guys was coming after me, but I was going so fast from the adrenaline rush I was feeling I couldn't stop.

I ran in where they had broken the glass window, instantly feeling a wave of heat smack me in the face, but I kept going, hearing something fall in the distance, causing my to run faster.

I jumped over something on the floor, turning the corner and ducked as something fell.

"Bella!" I called out, looking into the classroom on the right, but she wasn't in there either.

I kept walking, freezing when I was able to make out a figure laying on the ground and I felt another adrenaline rush, running over to see it was Bella.

She was bleeding somewhere...I didn't know where else she was hurt...

I scooped her up in my arms, looking around to try and find another way out.

There had to be another way.

It was getting hard for me to breathe, there was so much smoke-but I had to get her out of here.

I went to the nearest door, kicking it open with my foot and saw it was a science room.

It had a door that led outside- I just had to get to it.

What if she's not breathing - what if - no. I can't go there. I have to get her out.

I held her closer to me, watching something else fall, but I worked my way through, kicking the door open again with my foot.

"Hey!" I called out, but people were already waiting for me, and one of the firefighters took Bella gently from me, getting her over to the paramedics.

They put her on one of those stretchers and hauled her inside.

"No! Bella! Let me on the ambulance!"

"Sir, only-"

"Dammit, she's my girlfriend! She is all I have! I just pulled her out of the building! Let me on the ambulance!"

"Let him on," A woman said, grabbing the other paramedics arm. "You know they won't be letting anyone in or out the city. We have to get her there now so let him on."

He nodded, and I flew in there beside her, watching as they put a mask over her mouth to help her breathe, and somebody else was searching for where she was bleeding.

Ok, so she wasn't necessarily my girlfriend anymore - she broke up with me - but I loved her...and I wasn't letting her wake up in that room alone.

What if she's dead? What if she's not even breathing? She's bleeding so bad...she hates me.

Then I heard her heartbeat, and my head flew up at the machine, searching for the first fluctuation. It came, but not as quickly as I had hoped, and the second one certainly didn't come fast either.

Her heart was barely even beating.

"What's her name?"

"Bell- Isabelle. Isabelle Rose Knowle...

"Thanks." That woman scribbled it down, and they had cut Bella's shirt open, my eyes flickering over a wound that I didn't even know was there.

She was burned too...and still bleeding.

God, I don't know if you're real or not, but if you are, please don't let her die. I know I've made mistakes, I know I've hurt her, but you can not let her die. I love her. She's my whole world. You can't take her away. She'll die hating me. She'll die thinking that I didn't love her - that I cheated on her. I didn't. You know I didn't. I want her forever. You have to help her. You have to keep her alive...even if I can't have her anymore.

I've never seen her so lifeless...so helpless...

"She'll need x-rays and probably an MRI when we get to the hospital to see if she needs any type of surgery, if anything is broken, and if she has a concussion."

"Ok." I nodded quickly, sniffing a little and the woman handed me a wipe, which I used to help wipe the blood off my hands.

I reached for Bella's hand then, holding it in mine and scooted a little closer.

She couldn't get mad at me for holding her hand now. She wasn't conscious. She wouldn't know.

But she's ok right now. She's ok.

Her hand wasn't warm...but it wasn't cold either...it was like she was just clinging to life.

She'd be dead if I wouldn't have found her.

The paramedics were all talking to each other, so I reached up with my other hand, running the back of my hand against her cheek.

It was the same as her hand.

Not warm, but not cold. Only clinging onto life.

I closed my eyes, not caring if a tear slipped down my cheek and I started crying in front of them.

I wanted my Bella back.

I just wanted her to know I loved her. I had seriously screwed up. She hated me. I had broken her heart just like I promised I wouldn't.

I don't even know why I thought I had the slightest chance of her taking me back.

When the ambulance slowed, I knew we were at the hospital, and they opened the back doors, lifting her down and rushed her inside. I quickly followed, pulling it together a little now that I was here.

"Hey, you're not going to be able to come with us, ok? But when they know anything someone will come out and get you. It just might be a little while." The woman from earlier said to me, keeping me behind as they took Bella away.

"She's going to be ok, right?"

"Yeah, I think so. They're going to see."

"Thank you."

"Of course." She smiled, then caught up with them, my eyes wandering over to the waiting room, then I saw the tv. Her school was right there, still on fire, but there were a few fire trucks trying to put it out.

I sat down, shaking a little bit from everything, then pulled out my phone and called Sean.

"Hello? Justin? I'm in a meeting...is everything ok?"

"I'm sorry sir, but your daughter..." I was choking on the words, closing my eyes see see her laying in the ambulance. "I'm at the hospital. There was an explosion at her school. I rode in the ambulance with here here and they took her back for and MRI and some X-rays...I wanted you to know...It's on the news."

"What's wrong with her? Is she hurt? Is she conscious?"

"No, no she's not." I shook my head, my eyes down on my knees. "Conscious I mean...she's hurt. They think she's going to be ok though. Now it's a waiting game."

"I'll try to come up. Will you keep me updated?"

"Of course sir."

"Thank you Justin."

"You're welcome." I hung up, another group of paramedics flying in with someone else on a stretcher.

I called Mom next, my stomach turning...palms sweating.

"Hi Justin. What's up?"

I got up out of my seat, going into the hallway and slid down the wall.

"Mom," I let myself cry again, resting my forehead in my palm with my elbows against my knees. "Bella's hurt. She's really hurt. They think she's going to be ok, but she could be dying. She hates me Mom."

"Whoa whoa honey, slow down. How did she get hurt? What happened?"

"Turn on the news. I'm not sure exactly what happened honestly...I got there and the building was on fire, there were ambulances and firetrucks, but no one had Bella...so I went in and found her... But we broke up- she hates me...They don't know if she's going to be ok. They think she will, but they don't know. They have to give her an MRI - X'rays. She was bleeding so bad- and she was burned..."

"I'm so sorry. I'm sure she'll be ok. They know what they're doing honey. It's good you're there, even if she's mad - she needs a familiar face to wake up to, and no matter what she does love you."

"I hope she does...hey Mom?"

"Yeah?"

"Do...Do you believe in God? Like really believe in him?"

"I do. Remember when we used to go when you were little? I stopped going when I got sick...I'm still tired sometimes, and I'm sorting out everything without family...you know...but I still believe."

"I-I talked to him in the ambulance - not that he heard me or anything - I don't know...I was desperate. I am desperate...it just seemed like that right thing to do at the time."

"Well he heard you, even if it doesn't seem like it, he did."

"How do you know that?"

"I just do. He's heard me. He's healed me...I prayed for my son back and one day I got a phone call. I got you back...I think that says something."

"I hope so."

"When will you know anything? About Bella?"

"I don't know, she didn't really say...A while I guess. I'm gonna wait though. I'm hoping it's not long."

"Call me when you hear something, ok?"

"Alright, I will...thanks Mom."

"Of course. I love you."

"I love you too. I'll call you later."

"Alright, take care sweetie."

"I'll try." With that I hung up, staring across the hallway as people passed, resting my head back on the wall.

I wanted to see her now. I wanted her to be awake now - I just wanted to know she was ok. I wanted to talk to her...

I pushed myself up, following a few signs until I was in the gift shop.

I didn't have a vase for flowers...I didn't want them to die...

A bear caught my eye, and I picked it up, quickly paying for it and hugged it to my chest.

I'd give it to her when she woke up - even if she was mad.

I walked back into the waiting room, grabbing a seat and closed my eyes, shaking my leg a little as I tapped my foot on the floor.

It felt like forever until someone came out - so many others had come in from the school - people waiting like I was...but someone came out.

"Is anyone here for Isabelle Knowle?"

"Me." I shot up, still holding onto the bear. "I am."

"Here, follow me." She weakly smiled, nodding her head for me to follow, and I did, feeling my stomach twist at the thought of seeing Bella again. "She's not awake yet, but she'll wake up soon. We gave her a blood transfusion, she has a bandage covering her burn, stitches on her scalp from a cut - probably from debri- and her back is brusied pretty badly, but of all the thing to happen, she got lucky."

"So she's going to be ok?"

"Yeah, she is. She'll make a full recovery, no doubt." She smiled, nodding her head quickly.

"I'm allowed to see her, right? I mean I know it's usually just family but-"

"After what I heard about you, you're more than welcome to stay with her. It was pretty brave what you did."

"Me? What did I do?" I raised an eyebrow, hugging the bear against me.

"Oh come on, you don't think the whole city hasn't heard about you yet? You went into a burning building for her and you both made it out alive - did you get any treatment by the way?"

"No, I mean I don't need any. I'm fine...the whole city, huh?"

"Well I heard it from the paramedic...maybe they're keeping it under wraps because he's still out there."

"Who?" I asked, raising an eyebrow, my heart speeding up a bit. "They know who did it?"

"They think they've recovered some footage. They haven't released a name yet, but he got out of the building. Whoever it was did what they needed to do before they could escape...you should see her. She'll be awake soon...maybe an hour or so."

"Ok, thank you." I swallowed, pushing open the door and froze the minute I saw her, hearing the fluctuation on the monitor.

She looked the same - but now most of the color had returned back to her face.

I pulled a chair over from the corner, sitting down beside her and tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear.

What was she even going to think when she woke up? She'd probably yell at me and tell me to get out...but I wouldn't leave her.

I let my head fall on the hospital bed, closing my eyes while holding her hand.

She's ok. She's gonna be ok.

____________

*Bella*

12:13 AM

I peaked an eye open, looking around the room and tried to sit up.

"Ow!" I cried out, falling back and felt tears stinging my eyes.

I was in the hospital. No one else was here...there was an empty chair beside me, but that's it.

My head hurt so bad, and obviously my back hurt, but that was it at the moment...

I wanted my parents...someone...Justin...

Just then the door opened, light crept in from the hallway, and I yelped, crying out from the jump - but it was Justin.

"Bella, I-"

"What the hell are doing here?!" Tears stung in my eyes from the pain - but he was here.

And I really had the urge to throw this pillow at him and tell him to get out.

"I'm sorry - I -you - you're hurt. I know you're mad..."

"No, I don't think you do."

"I'm not going anywhere. If you still want me to leave after you're releasesd and you've heard what I have to say, then fine, but I'm not leaving you here alone."

"I don't want to be alone..."

I didn't. I was terrified. Absolutely terrified.

"You won't be. I'll be right here." He sat in the empty chair beside me, holding onto a cup of coffee in his hands.

"Where's my family?" My voice cracked as I said that, glancing at him through the dark.

"No one is allowed in or out of the city...they can't come in. You know they'd be here."

"Then how are you here?"

"I was already in the city when it happened."

"Oh." I whispered, looking away at the wall.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine."

He sighed, and when I turned my eyes back over to where he was, he was looking down at the coffee.

I guess he hasn't gotten much sleep...

"You should go back to the apartment and sleep there."

"No," He shook his head, glancing up agian. "I'm alright here."

"Ok."

I closed my eyes, trying to get comfortable again so I could fall back asleep- but everything really did hurt.

He was here...I wanted him to be...but then I didn't.

Why was he even here when he had that other girl back home?

"If I fall asleep...wake me up if you need anything, ok?" Justin asked, putting his hand on my arm, then quickly pulled back.

"Alright."

I fell asleep not long after that, my arms lightly hugging my chest.

Home...Justin...
_________________

11:42 AM

"Hey, you're awake." Justin weakly smiled, sitting up a little straighter in the chair.

"Yeah, I am."

"I got this for you while I was waiting to here how you were, if I could see you..." He trailed off, picking up a little teddy bear from the table beside my bed and sat it beside me. "I didn't have a vase for flowers, but I figured this guy would last longer."

"Thanks." I whispered, looking down at it, then at the hospital braceclet on my wrist, fighting the urge to cry in front of him. "Why are you here? What are you doing here? Why did you even bother to come?"

"Because I...I needed to talk to you."

"If I wanted to talk to you I would have answered your phone calls."

"Bella," Justin whispered, an ache so clear in his voice. "Will you please just listen to me? Please?"

"Is it even worth my time, or will you just lie to me again?"

"I know I made a mistake...a lot of mistakes..."

"Yup." I mumbled, keeping my eyes forward.

I couldn't look at him. I can't.

"Look, that night it looked really bad...it was bad. I was on more than one drug, and I couldn't drive myself home. Angela took me home. That's it. I was not involved with her in anyway. I didn't cheat on you Bella."

I wanted to cry - but I can't cry in front of him.

"I don't know whether or not to believe that."

"I know you don't trust me...you don't have a reason to. I'm not making up excuses. I could blame it on my mom's sickness, Hunter leaving, being away from you, and sure that started it...but I made the decisions. I made the decisions to lie to you some nights when I wanted to go out without you knowing...I knew you'd be disappointed, and mad..." I heard him crying now and I turned my head, looking at him with his forehead rested in his hands. "I've fucked up so many times I don't know how to fix it. All I could picture was how broken you would be when I told you. Mike and Hunter told me to stop. That's the last thing Hunter and I talked about before he left. I've spent weeks in self pity...it helped me forget...who I was, reality, cancer, everything. Don't you ever want to forget Bella? I did. All the time. I wake up every morning wondering who I'm going to hurt the next day..,b-but I didn't cheat on you...never," He shook his head, taking my hand and held it against his cheek. "I love you. I love you so much. I know you may not believe it right now, but I'll do anything and everything to win you back. I- I need you more than air. I hate myself for what I've done to you...I just want everything to be ok again...please let me have a second chance. I don't want to break your heart...I want to hold you when you cry and make you feel better, I want to kiss you so much I mess up your lip gloss...I want to prove that I'm a good man...I'm so sorry Bella."

"What drugs? You said you were on more than one. What drugs?"

"Pot. I've been smoking pot again, and the night you came over I was also tripping on LSD...it was my second time. The first was during the week where we barely talking." He wiped his eyes, kissing my hand a few times. "That's why. That's why I couldn't give you an answer because you'd hate me. I knew I would have lost the best thing that's ever happened to me...I've taken advantage of your trust...and I lost you anyway." He couldn't look at me anymore. His hands were back against his forehead with his elbows on his knees. "You almost died. You would have died thinking that I cheated and that I didn't love you anymore. I couldn't live with myself. I hardly can now. I need my other half. Please Bella? Please? I need you Bella..."

I looked at him, tears pooling over my own eyes as I watched.

He hadn't slept. He's been by my side all night. God, he's sobbing in my hospital room. He saw the fire.

"You're worth so much more than those drugs..." I whispered, lifting up my hand by myself this time and cupped his cheek.

"I know, I know...and you deserved the truth a long time ago. I've made you think that you has done something wrong and I didn't love you anymore. I'm so mad at myself...I'm so lucky you're alive. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"I forgive you." I whispered, his eyes shooting up to the sound of that. "That doesn't mean I'm not mad, and that I'm not upset and disappointed, but I forgive you."

"You can be mad. You should be mad."

"I know I should be - and I don't trust you either. You'll have to earn it back."

"I will. I'll do whatever it takes."

"Good...give me a hug." I whispered, pulling him into me and ran my fingers through his hair, his lips gently pressed against my temple.

"I'm so glad you're alive." He cried out, my stomach forming a huge knot.

"Me too..."

"Are you hungry?" He pulled back after a minute, wiping his eyes.

"Um...I...I don't think so." I shook my head, looking down at my hands.

"Bel-Isabelle, it's almost been a full 24 hours now...you haven't been eating at home like you said you would, have you?"

"Justin...can we not-"

"No Isabelle. We are. You're eating and I will go straight to the cafeteria now to get you something to eat. I'm not letting you do this to yourself."

He stood up, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Turkey sandwich ok?"

"Yeah, that's ok." I nodded, not wanting to argue with him. "Hey, Justin?"

"Hmm?"

"It's ok to call me Bella...you don't have to call me Isabelle."

"Ok." He smiled- a smile that lit up the whole room with his gorgeous caramel eyes. "I'll be right back."

"Alright."

I leaned back into the pillow, wincing from the burn on my waist and closed my eyes.

My head hurt so bad, and I wanted to rip off the things against my chest keeping my heart rate.

I wanted to go home...and not back to my apartment...back to Washington D.C., with my brother, my dad, Justin, Jackie...

I missed my friend...I missed sneaking out to see Justin...I missed going out to the club and getting wasted out of my mind.

I missed feeling like I had Justin...that he was mine and only mine...

I heard a noise in the room and I jumped, quickly looking around the room.

I didn't want to be by myself either. I wanted Justin to get back now. I wanted him with me.

He wouldn't be back for a few minutes though...

I reached over to the table, picking up the bear that sat there and hugged it against my chest.

It was over now. I was safe. Justin's here.

But what if it wasn't over? What if this place was next?

I waited for him to get back...trying to think of everything but the explosion.

But when I heard the click of the door, I jumped, letting out a yelp and saw it was just Justin.

"Baby, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's ok. It's not your fault." I sighed, resting my head against the bear. "Don't leave again."

"I'm not going to let anything happen to you."

"I know, I know."

"Here, this is yours. I got you turkey and cheese, and they had salt and vinegar chips, your favorite...I figured water was probably best..."

"Thank you." I smiled, gently taking it as he handed it to me and stared at the sandwich.

"You're going to eat it Bella. I know it's shitty hospital food, but it's better than nothing."

"Yeah..." I whispered, slowly opening up the plastic and felt him watching as I took a bite.

"The doctors are concerned Bella...before you woke up and they were talking to me about what was wrong...you're right on the line of underweight and healthy...they said by like two pounds..."

I stayed quiet, looking down the sandwich, then away towards the other wall.

"Sweetheart...please...I don't understand...why? Why don't you see how beautiful you are? You're gorgeous. You're perfect."

"No I'm not."

"Why do you say that? That's not true."

"Yes it is."

"No. No it's not. Not at all. You have to stop thinking that. You're beautiful. I love you. Please stop. You're so beautiful."

"Is that why you were going over to her house for drugs? Is that why she took her home? Why you lied to me to go over to her house?"

"I didn't cheat on you. I wasn't even interested in her in that way. You're the love of my life. Nobody is ever going to change that. Not Angela, not Casey, not some other girl. I love you. Is that why you're doing this? Are you trying to keep my attention because you think you're losing it? This is killing me...are you sad? I-I want you to be happy...I know I've lied...I know I was wrong...but I love you."

I looked back we him, closing my eyes and let the tears fall off my lashes, feeling his hand slide overtop mine.

"You're perfect Bella. I'll make you believe it again...you're an angel. You're my angel."

"I am not perfect. At all- and I'm fine."

"No, you're not," He shook his head, wiping tears off of his cheeks. "You're not fine. Bella...I don't want you to get offended when I say this...but I love you, and I'm really worried about you...I really think you're developing an eating disorder."

"No I'm not! I'm fine."

"Then eat that sandwich. All of it- right now."

"Justin, I-"

"Stop," He stood up, running his hands through his hair, wiping away more tears. "I know that I've lied to you, ok? I'm sorry. I know that I've lost your trust, and I know after what I did it sure as hell doesn't seem like I love you - but you're barely eating anything Bella. Not just today- but period. God you are so gorgeous, but you are hurting yourself. I know I did the drugs, I know it was wrong and that it was a problem, you're trying to cover yours up- and I won't stand by here and watch it get worse. I'm sure you don't want to go anywhere against your will to get help- but that's what these people will do if you don't try to fix it now. You only eat when I'm around, and even then it's not everything. You can't do this to yourself," He sat back down, taking my hand again in both of his and held it while his head was down. "I love you for who you are, and nothing is going to ever change that. I wish you loved yourself like I did...if only you could see yourself the way I see you, you'd understand..."

"What do you want me to do?" I reached over with my free hand, running my fingers through the tips of his hair.

"I want you to eat...if you have to, talk to somebody...do I need to make a list of all the reasons why I love you? Would that help? What if it was me? I mean think about it now when you found out last week...you were...devastated...disappointed...hurt...so what do you want me to do about me?"

"I want you to stop...I know you're smoking again...a drink here and there is ok, but...not like how you were...are..."

"I'm done- even with smoking. Cold turkey. I decided that last night. I'm..well my dad knows- my parents know what I've done, and I'm going to start going to group meetings on Thursdays. I'm done with everything period. Alcohol might come back eventually - but like one here and there when it's actually legal for me to drink it. I know I'm addicted to partying...but I need you more. So, you're going to eat, and I'm going to be an open book to any questions you have now, or later, got it?"

"Mhm." I nodded, glancing down at the sandwich.

"And Bella?"

"Yeah?"

"I want you to know now...if it gets worse...I'm telling your parents."

"Justin, no, you can't-"

"I will Bella. Even if it makes you hate me."

"That's impossible. I've been trying to tell myself I hated you for a week."

"Please eat." He kissed the side of my head, squeezing my hand.

"Ok...Do they know who did it yet?"

"No, they don't. They're working on it though."

"Alright."

I took another bite, glancing at him as he sat back, watching me the same way, then looked down, playing with his hands.

God, he looked terrible. I assumed his eyes were swollen from crying, he had to be exhausted, and I knew right now he was probably thinking about everything in his head.

"Stop it." I whispered, his head shooting up again.

"Stop what?"

"Beating yourself up about it. I know what you're doing. Stop. You can do that later, not now. You should get some rest."

"No, I'm ok."

"Well stop," I sighed, swallowing slightly. "Just be here with me."

"I am here with you." He reached up, running the back of his hand on my arm.

"You know what I mean."

"I'm sorry."

"I know you are." I felt my waist starting to burn almost immediately, quickly closing up the sandwich and shifted to try and help it. "Ow, ow."

"Bella," He stood up, leaning over me and pressed the button for the nurse, taking my hand. "I'm so sorry. It's ok."

I couldn't talk. I dug my teeth into my lip, feeling myself cry, trying to reach down and tug the stupid hospital dress I wore up.

"No, she's coming. Don't mess with it. She'll make it better."

"It hurts." I managed, holding tighter to his hand.

It felt like it was on fire for a second time, and there wasn't anything I could do about it.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry." He brushed back my hair, soothingly running his hand against my cheek.

The nurse came in then, medicine in her hand.

"My burn, it's inflamed and-"

"I got it. It's ok sweetie. I'm taking off the bandage, ok?"

"Ok."

She started to pull it off, and I wanted to scream, Justin's hand gripping mine tighter until it was over, and I felt relief from the medicine. I took a deep breath, closing my eyes just for a few moments.

"We're going to air it out, ok? Just let it breathe like that for a while, and if it starts to hurt again the medicine is right here. Can you do that?" She looked at Justin did the last question, and he quickly nodded his head, giving my hand a squeeze. "Good. I'll be back soon to check on you. Hang in there."

She left, and I let out a another breath, wiping my eyes with my free hand.

"My hair looks horrible." I laughed, hearing a low chuckle from Justin.

"It's not so bad."

"I know it looks terrible."

"Here, Jess came in and dropped this off this morning. She figured you'd probably need it." He let go of my hand, opening up a make up bag and pulled out a comb.

"Thank goodness." I reached for it, but he pulled it back, smirking at me. "Justin, come on! It looks terrible."

"Let me do it."

"You're going to brush my hair?"

"Yes, yes I am. I can braid it too."

"Oh my gosh. I'd like to see you try."

"I will. Can you sit up, or do you want to lay like that?"

"I can sit up a little." I pressed the button, laughing at him, then stopped. "Wait, no. Is there still blood in my hair?"

"Bella, I don't mind. It's ok."

"No."

"Hold on." He got up, walking into the bathroom, then came out with a cup of water. "I got this. Let me do it."

"Ok." I sighed, biting down on my lip and watched him sit down, taking my hair and gently started to comb it at the ends, then he would stick the comb in the water, earning a laugh out of me as he went back to coming my hair.

It never hurt, and we laughed a lot. At one point he went and dumped out the cup, then refilled it. I saw there was blood in the water, and he tried to hide that from me, but it was ok.

It was cute...and it would probably be the only time I would ever get him to brush my hair, let alone braid it.

"Should I wait for it to dry?" He asked, running his fingers through my hair. "Or is it ok to do it wet?"

"It's ok." I laughed, and he did too, going back into the makeup bag and got a hair tie from the pack, slipping it on his wrist.

"Alright, I got this. It's not that complicated, right? It can't be. I know it's not."

"You have no idea how to do it, do you?"

"Shhhh, hold on." He had his phone, grinning as he scrolled, then sat it down. "Nope, I got this."

"Alright." I shifted a little more, turning my head an felt the comb, and then he was doing something, laughing at himself, making me laugh even though I couldn't see anything, then I heard the hair tie behind secured, and he pulled the braid over my shoulder. "Not bad."

"It's terrible, isn't it?"

"No! It's actually pretty good."

"Rate it on a scale of one to ten."

"Seven."

"Really?" His eyes lit up, and I nodded, fixing myself so I could lay back down.

"Really. You can thank google."

"Hey, I used my resources. Now with a little more practice I can braid our daughters hair..." He stopped himself when I met his gaze, a blush creeping up his cheeks. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have-"

"No, it's ok." I took his hand again, smiling as I closed my eyes. "I liked that."

"Get some rest." He kissed my forehead, keeping the smile on my face.

"Don't leave."

"I won't. Ever. I promise."

He's here...he came after me...he did love me. I felt it...all the things he said...he was so sweet.

He didn't cheat on me...I actually believed him.

I'd give him another chance...I knew he loved me...we'd be ok.

"Hey Bella?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm allowed to call you my girlfriend again, right? I mean - I just thought -"

"Yeah, you are - boyfriend." I laughed a little, squeezing his hand and shut my eyes to the sound of his laughter.

I let myself drift off to sleep then, following the pattern his thumb traced on my skin in my head, feeling his other hand ever so slightly stroking the top of my hair.

Justin...

__________________

FOR THIS CHAPTER LISTEN TO Stay by Mayday Parade. I cried :(((((

He saved her - she doesn't know yet - but he saved her...and she's alive.

Too bad it's not over yet.

VOTE AND COMMENT GUYS! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Who did it? What else is going to happen? Is Justin going to get better? Is Bella going to get better? What about her not eating?

COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT. AND SHARE THE BOOK WITH FRIENDS!

Please follow me @lostinstereoWP - we can talk about the book :)

And how's Angela involved?

You really think Trent and her are siblings...huh? hmmm...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

476K 18K 144
Just your generic Jason McCann kidnaps girl type of thing... Sweetheart. I remember the way that name rolled smoothly off Jason's tongue. I rememb...
1.1M 38.4K 67
"I will ruin you baby," he whispers digging his nails into my hips sending a chill cascading down my spine. "Then ruin me Jude, ruin me till there's...
68 0 35
Arielle Summers knew she can't hold all of her pain inside forever. The scars and cuts on her arm seemed like they would never heal. She knows cuttin...
69K 1.1K 39
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ October 27, 2020 Ended ~ January 30, 2021 ~ Started editing ~ March 11, 2021 End Editing ~ April 27, 2021 ****...