[S]ayonara Memories (NieR: Au...

Bởi OceanSky1508

'What must one have to be considered human?' Happiness? Sadness? Pain? Sacrifice? Hatred? Love? Memorie... Xem Thêm

Chapter II: Hell[o]
Chapter III: Fond Memor[I]es?
Chapter IV: [D]ifferent Experiences
Chapter V: Un[e]xpected Anomaly
Chapter VI: A [S]imple Request
Chapter VII: Choic[e]s
Chapter VIII: Su[R]vivor

Chapter I: [D]eserving Of Life

2.3K 34 5
Bởi OceanSky1508

System Settings... Set to Default?

<Yes> or <No>

Setting to Default... Complete.

Memory Data... Corrupted.

Restore Back-up Memory?...

<Yes> or <No>

Restoring Back-up Memory... Complete.

System Temperature... Normal.

Virus Detected... None.

Motion Control... Fully Operational.

Restart System to Apply Settings?...

<Yes> or <No>

Restarting Android No. VII...

...

...

...

Restart... Complete.

Please Insert Box to Start up Android No. VII...

Error!... Insufficient Memory to Sustain Box Data... May Cause Severe Damage to System Proficiency and Separation from Network to Avoid System Overheat... Proceed Anyways?...

<Yes> or <No>

Warning! ... Memory will be Reset to Basic Memory to Accommodate Data... Proceed Anyways?

<Yes> or <No>

Resetting Back-up Memory to Basic... Complete.

Separation from Network...Complete.

Black Box System... Normal.

Black Box Temperature... Normal.

Start up Android No. VII?...

<Yes> or <No>

Starting up Android No. VII...

...

...

...

Start-up...Complete.

--*--

"Pascal... What am 'I'?"

The question causes Pascal to pause, his electronic green eyes refocusing to the young android woman sitting across from him.

"The machines of this village are...different from me. Big sister machine tells me it's because I'm an android. What is an android, Pascal?" The android woman's blue eyes shone with something akin to what humans called 'curiosity'. The sound of mechanical gears turning resounded in the small abode of Pascal, his mechanical fingers resuming their work on sewing a pair of shoes that were half-finished on the table.

"Does it bother you that you are different, Vee?" Pascal returns the question with his own, the android woman's figure perking up at the inquiry.

"Not at all! I mean, I'm just curious if there are others like me, Pascal... Are there?"

Pascal's imitation of a 'chuckle' echoes from within the small hut, Vee's head tilts in 'confusion' at her 'guardian's' sudden action. Humans once did such acts when there was something 'funny' about a situation.

'Funny' is a term used by humans to refer to some sort of situation that triggers them to release a 'chuckle' from their vocal cords. Such situation that were deemed 'odd' or 'unusual' triggered 'laughter' from them.

In short, what was so unusual of her question that it merited such a reaction from Pascal?

"Is my question 'unusual', Pascal?" She asks the machine, Pascal's robotic head shaking which all the more 'confused' her. Did it mean that he 'chuckled' for no apparent reason? But why?

"It is not unusual, Vee. I am amused because of your curiosity. Almost like a small 'child' as how humans have once put it."

"I am no child, Pascal..." Vee 'pouts', an action that caused the machine before her to laugh again. As far as Pascal was concerned, Vee is an android he restarted a month ago out of 'curiosity' to understand humans. Regardless of what she looked like to the machine, she was nothing more but a month old android still trying to learn.

But to have progressed this far... Pascal is quite surprised at how sophisticated human technology is. Sure a majority of her back-up data had been deleted due to the irregularities of the procedure but to remain properly functioning like a normal android and take in data at a fast-paced manner was still an amazing feat.

Black boxes are indeed a very powerful creation made by humans.

"I know, Vee. But it was merely a comparison. You need not be 'upset' about it. In regards to your question... Yes there are others like you and yet at the same time you are unique yourself. I think humans called it 'individuality'. "

"Individuality..." The word rolled out of her tongue, the meaning somehow pleasing to her so-called 'senses'. Although Vee did 'feel' uneasy at being different from her peers, being called unique oddly made her 'feel' proud of herself more.

Humans are indeed such odd creatures. Why worry about being different yet feel proud at being called unique? The videos Pascal rummaged from the junkyards did nothing to quell her burning desire to understand her makers.

"Will I get to meet them soon, Pascal?" Vee pried further from her guardian. The thought of learning from androids like her making her feel 'excited'. Maybe, she could learn a thing or two from them rather than those old vidoes stacked in her make-shift bed.

"You will, Vee. In fact, two of them are making their way here right now. I was just about to go out and meet-,"

The news sends Vee flying out of the door in excitement. She didn't even get Pascal to finish his words as well as her new shoes. Something akin to mirth flashed from the machine's eyes- the progress of his little creation indeed a sight to behold. Vee's curiosity indeed rivaled his- like father like daughter if it were to be measured in human terms.

Something Pascal found quite exciting to observe.

--*--

"A village of machines... Could this be a trap?" 9S scans the view before him, several machines each waving a white flag high into the air- the human gesture that either meant they surrender or they have no desire to fight.

To think machines were capable of such baffled 9S. First the humanoid machine they encountered back at the desert, then the singing machine back in the 'amusement park' and now this? Machines acting like humans... 9S could rack up no data on how such a feat was possible.

Nonetheless, he couldn't trust any of them.

Machines were enemies- for the sake of mankind, they had to be eliminated.

"Greetings... Welcome to our village." The voice causes 9S and his partner 2B to glance at the machine waiting for them from across the bridge.

Their weapons and Pods were at the ready, each step they took were taken with complete caution. Although they gave off no hostile intentions, there could still be a chance that this is all a trick. If machines were capable of adapting human behavior then chances are that even the bad traits may be used to act as a trap to unsuspecting androids like them.

"My name is Pascal. I am the leader of this village." Amongst the machines, a lone one makes his way forward, his introduction sparking a sense of curiosity for the two androids.

"As you can see, we mean no harm. In fact, we are eternally grateful to you for killing the rogue machine terrorizing our people." The machine named Pascal, explains, his greenish robotic eyes somehow exuding the feeling of 'relief' and 'thankfulness'.

"We still can't trust them, 2B." 9S exclaims, the two YoRHa androids oblivious to Vee who peeked from behind Pascal. Only when the machine moved did Vee's presence show itself, her silvery long locks and blue eyes sticking out like a sore thumb from the village of machines.

"Is that... An android?" 2B voices out, her tone making Vee deduce that she must be a 'strict' type of android. A strong follower of rules... Almost like an 'ice queen' as what humans put it.

"An android? What is she doing here?" 9S inquires, his tone this time giving off a feeling of speaking to a rather 'calm' and 'easy-going' type of android. In fact, he seems to be the polar opposite of the woman next to him.

Almost like the sun and moon, if such were deemed a proper description of the pair.

"Ah, yes. Let me introduce you both to Vee. I found her by the Amusement Park a month ago. She's been looking forward to meeting you both."

"Am not! I mean... I was not that excited, Pascal. Just a teensy bit curious." Vee admits abruptly, 'embarrassment' clearly evident on her pristine robotic face.

"An android consorting with machines? Is this some kind of trap like the one back at the park?" 9S whispers to 2B, the battle android cautiously assessing the android woman before them.

Even if her eyes were hidden behind that black visor of hers, Vee could still feel her gaze boring right through her. Being under her scrutiny made Vee 'nervous', a new emotion Vee clearly did not like.

"I understand your apprehension towards us and Vee but rest assured that I am not lying as you put it. I'm sure that if you were to deliver this filter to Anemone then it will clear any suspicion you have of us." Pascal finally spoke up, 2B's gaze leaving Vee to which the android herself 'sighed in relief'.

"Very well. Let's go, 9S." 2B's words are clipped, leaving no room for arguments as she takes the filter from Pascal. Oddly enough, Pascal doesn't seem to mind the so-called 'cold shoulder' treatment from the battle android.

Jotting this down to memory for future reference, 9S was just about to follow after his partner before Pascal stopped them, the machine moving aside to reveal Vee who still curiously eyed the duo that was ready to take their leave.

"Excuse me but... Would it be possible to take Vee along with you? She's been cooped up far too long in this village so it'd be nice if you could show her around the Resistance Camp to meet her fellow androids."

Pascal's request takes the trio by surprise, clearly the idea of having a little tag-along with no combat experience a bit burdensome on the duo's part. Even Vee couldn't believe her ears, seeing as she had only 'dreamed' of such an event ever happening in her 'life'.

"We cannot. It will only hinder the completion of our objectives." 2B was the first to shoot the request down, the look of 'disappointment' clearly evident on Vee's face before she masked it again. As much as 9S wholeheartedly agreed to his partner's logical reasoning, he couldn't seem to shake the feeling of 'guilt' building up in his robotic chest.

Somehow, Vee's curiosity reminded him of his own and the look she gave them would have been the same look he'd be sporting if he were in her shoes.

"Rest assured that you needn't worry about her being a burden. Vee is exceptionally good at lying low. The only reason I want you to accompany her is so that the androids at the camp won't become too wary of her." Pascal explains, Vee profusely nodding to her guardian's words. A sort of act she saw the humans in the video do as a form of 'assurance'.

"Well... If you put it that way, I guess she can come along..." 9S, regardless of his previous doubts seemed to reconsider the offer, 2B casting him a raised brow.

Humans called it 'kinship' or the state of being close or related to another. Her eyes that hold infinite curiosity in them, it makes 9S recall those times before 2B came. Wandering the broken world, observing machines- 9S wouldn't really have it any other way.

Unlike 2B, combat was never his style. He 'loved' learning and understanding what makes something tick. After all, curiosity may have killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back. It could be the reason why he suddenly seemed lax when it came to the android woman before them.

"I-I mean so long as she listens to instructions then we'll let her come. Right, 2B?" 9S quickly defended himself, turning to his partner for consent. Even Vee followed his gaze to the battle android, her eyes very reminiscent of 9S that it could only make 2B sigh in what Vee deemed as 'defeat'.

"Very well. But only until we make it to the camp. From there, she will be on her own." 2B relents, her final words somehow upsetting Vee. It was clear that to the two androids, Vee was nothing more but an extra package they had to carry.

Is this what Humans called 'rejection'? Vee didn't think that understanding humans required her to' feel' such emotions. The feeling somehow made her 'sad'- something she was beginning to dislike now.

"Time to go. Be sure to have everything ready." Those were 2B's final words before she finally turns to leave, 9S following closely behind- sparing Vee a small apologetic nod when he did so.

"Take care, Vee. I do hope you enjoy!" Pascal bids his charge a quick farewell while handing Vee her small pack and shoes- a 'reluctant' smile on the android's face as she puts them on.

"I hope I do, Pascal..."

--*--

Disclaimer: The image used above does not belong to me. It belongs to its respective owner. The image above is a rough image of the closest I can find to what I imagine Vee to look like.

Once again, my muse just can't allow me to stick to one. NieR: Automata stuck to me like a glue when I saw the gameplay. It's really worth playing since the music is beautiful as well as its open-world scenery and casts. I'm pretty new to the Yoko Taro-verse so references to previous games related to this might not be mentioned.

Yes, I have a terrible case of OC fanfic syndrome so this will once again be one. Let me warn you that I have only watched gameplays (repeatedly might I add) seeing as I can't afford a fancy PC and PS4 to play it *cries* but I will make sure that some elements and characters remain faithful to the game.

Also, SPOILERS up ahead for those who have yet to finish the game but wanted to read a fanfic of this game. This follows the game's story, with the possible ending altered due to the influence of my OC.

Once again I hope everyone enjoys! Sorry for the long A/N and do point out if ever some of them start to become OOC (inconsistent if it refers to my OC).

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

3.6K 88 14
Is there such a thing as God? Well, some believed in God and hope they will save and protect them, while some sneered at the idea. If there were gods...
6.1K 214 11
The Story follows a once human girl named Aira with almost no recollection of the memories of her old life. All she remembers is waking up in a dark...
12.6K 730 44
So, the story starts with several miseries with conditions, fear, hatred, unwanted feeling, emotion, multiple thoughts, anxiety, burden, responsibili...
193K 2.9K 14
Note: This is a girls of Nier Automata x male reader Description/Summery (Y/n) (L/n) is a Human with a microcomputer that was implanted inside his he...