Black Butler: Demons in our H...

Bởi shadowquill

Its London and young women are disapearing off the streets, what happens when an oddball assassin is targeted... Xem Thêm

Black Butler: Demons in our Hearts
Chapter 2: Matters of Pride
Chapter 3: A New Assignment
Chapter 4: Of Demons and Lies
Chapter 5: Skill Test
Chapter 6: What Happened Before the Rain
Chapter 7: Rainy Day
Chapter 8: Kat, Sick!
Chapter 9: Before the Investigation
Chapter 10: During the Investigation
Chapter 11:A reason for Tears
Chapter 12: Invitation to a Ball
Chapter 13: A Challenge
Chapter 14: A Promise
Chapter 15: A Choice is Made...to go on "Holiday"
Chapter 16: Poveglia Island
Chapter 17: The Dark Presence
Chapter 18: Another Challenge Looms...
Special: Christmas at The Phantomhive Estate
Chapter 19: Dance to the Rythm of the Night
Chapter 20: Culprit Found!
Special #2: Bad Lemonade
Chapter 21: Consequences of a Lost Battle
Chapter 22: Of Selfish and Cute things...
Chapter 23: Visitor
Chapter 24: Why A Rhose Should Be Feared
Chapter 25: I Will Be There
Chapter 26: Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 27: Murphey's Law
Chapter 28: Stuck between a Wall and Something Inhuman
Chapter 29: "Say it Louder, Amico Mio...."
Chapter 30: That Butler, Is an Utter Fool...
Chapter 31: Game Start
Chapter 32: A Revelation...Finally...
Chapter 33: The Last Dance
Chapter 34: Fires of Destruction
Chapter 35: A Lady In Red
Chapter 36: No One But You...
Epilogue: That Butler....Happily Ever After...
Rhose's Special: Part 1
Rhose's Special: Part 2
Rhose's Special: Part 3
Rhose's Special: Finale
Preview: D. Gray Man: Where We Meet Once More
Special: Halloween One Shot
Kat's Song: Full Version (Return To Me)

Special #3: A Day At The Lake

14K 398 108
Bởi shadowquill

The sun filtered through her window in broken rays as Kat stretched, it was a lazy morning, it was nearly five and she was only just now getting up. Good thing its Sunday, the young master should be at Miss Elizabeth’s yet along with everyone else.

It had been the young lady’s idea to throw a party over the weekend for friends and family, inviting even the Phantomhive servants to join in the fun. Kat had been feeling a little unwell, and had declined in favor of staying at the manor.

The silence that reigned was slightly comforting but not as comforting as it usually would be, the noise of the three stooges, as Sebastian called them, was noticeably absent making Kat feel dreadfully alone as she walked down the stairs of the entrance hall.

I wonder what I should do with my day. Sebastian didn’t leave me any work, and said that they would be eating at Lizzie’s so I wouldn’t have to worry about supper. So what should I do? A knock came from the door, Well I suppose first things first, answer the door.

Putting a bright and happy smile on her face Kat opened the door to Sebastian.

“You are coming with me.” He seized her wrist and tugged her towards the waiting carriage.

Baffled Kat followed, “Where are we going?”

Sebastian regarded her coolly, I see he’s still Mr. Grouch…“Miss Elizabeth feels terrible about you not being able to attend and has organized another fun filled day of merriment.”

“What do you mean by fun filled?”

_____________________________________________________________

“No! No, not going to happen!”

“Yes, it is. I had to suffer through last night alone; you are going to suffer through this.” He shoved her into the changing booth. “Now change.”

“Cats hate water you know!” She called out at him, seething inwardly.

“I don’t really care as long as you don’t change in front of Miss Elizabeth.” He called back.

Carefully she peaked out and saw black, Darn it, he’s standing guard…I guess I have no choice. She stared with a mixture of distaste and hate at the red and white striped bathing suite he had thrown in with her. I really don’t like to swim with people watching.

And truth be told ever since Rhose had put the Binding Collar around her neck she had become even more feline in nature. Just the other day Sebastian had been dicing some Salmon for the Earl’s dinner and she had been sorely tempted to steal a small piece.

“Hurry Up, Kat. I’m not leaving until you are out here and in the water; Miss Elizabeth is waiting for you.”

Resisting the urge to flip him off she felt the collar burn slightly, its silent warning to keep her temper in check. Alright Kat, just swim for a few hours, make Elizabeth happy and then sneak away, it’s that simple.

The problem was, she had a gut feeling it wasn’t going to be that simple. She finished changing and stepped out into the sun, pushing the annoying butler out of the way as she went. It may be childish but sometimes being childish feels so satisfying.

____________________________________________________________

“Admiring are we?” Rhose walked up behind the butler and rested an arm across his shoulder, “Im afraid Im going to have to tell you to either look away or have your pupils cut out of your eyes.” He smiled pleasantly, and then waved at Kat who was playing in the water with Lizzie. The water making the already small swimsuit cling to her slender form.

Sebastian snorted, “Who was looking?” I wasn’t looking, I truly wasn’t…I was searching the edge of the forest on the other side and she was conveniently in the way, obstructing my view. How am I supposed to call myself a butler if I look away from a spot when there may be danger?

“Of course you weren’t, just keep in mind what I said, I meant every word of it.” With that he sauntered off to join the girls in the water, playfully dunking a shrieking Kat in the water.

Admiring…what a ludicrous idea. Kat giggled and sent a wave of water in Elizabeth’s direction, fully over her former aversion to water. I have to admit thought that red and white swimsuit does highlight her figure…

Catching sight of him watching her Kat smiled and waved, “Come on in, the waters great!”

“I believe I will have to pass on that I have no swimming attire.”

Rhose dunked Kat again and laughed, “Don’t be ridiculous Gattino that butler is so frigid he would freeze the water as soon as he touched it!”

Kat sputtered as she came back up, “That’s not very nice sir.” She shook the water from her hair and stalked out of the water making a beeline for Sebastian, she looked over her shoulder at Rhose, “And he would not freeze the water!”

The butler looked down with no little suspicion at the little imp who just grinned at him, “Is there something I can help you with?”

“Proving a point and ….”

“And…?”

“Taking revenge!” Before he could react Kat seized the lapels of his jacket and tugged forward, rolling backwards to throw him into the water behind her. He came up sputtering, his water laden bangs hanging down into his eyes. “Kat…” He ground his teeth together with anger.

Totally oblivious to his anger Kat grinned unrepentantly, “See? No ice.”

Rhose laughed and pushed Sebastian under the water, apparently he had found his outlet for “fun” at the lake. “You are right but what will the Earl say when he see his beloved butler in soaking wet clothes? I fear we may have-”

“I don’t care.” Ciel remarked unmoved from his place on the beach, sunbathing on a red and white checkered blanket.

Sebastian shoved the hand that held him under off the top of his head and resurfaced. Shrugging out of his coat he approached the beach. Parare Kat, bellum habet tamen ad incipe!

Or in other words…Prepare Kat, the war had yet to begin!

____________________________________________________________

Kat fell against the sandy lakeside with a sigh, totally exhausted. She had swum with the others for hours now, a creepy sensation running up and down her spine. Ever since she had thrown Sebastian into the lake this morning he had been either noticeably absent or noticeably…noticeable.

He was up to something she could feel it in her bones. What it was she didn’t know, that it was going to be pleasant….very unlikely.

She closed her eyes as the last rays of sunlight disappeared beyond the distant trees. This is so comfortable…I could definitely fall asleep here…

A light flashed in front of her closed eyes lids, making her jerk awake, and cast a cautious glance around. The others were a few feet done the shore, laughing and joking around the fire they had put up to warm themselves around the fire.

But no Sebastian…the light flashed again, this time Kat caught sight of the tall figure on the other side of the lake waving her over.

Suspicious… Nonetheless he was her superior if he called she came. Carefully, she picked her way around the shore, her feet sinking blissfully into the white sand. Approaching where she had seen him signaling her she slowed, listening carefully for any sound, for the butler had disappeared. Suspicious…just too suspicious.

Another flash of light at the edge of her vision drug her attention to the forests edge. A pair of fiery red eyes stared back at her.

“I’m not going any further! If you have something to say, you can do it from there!” She shouted, rubbing her arms as the chill of the night began to sink into her skin. The sun had finally fully set with the moon having risen in its place.

The red eyes seemed to flare for a moment before disappearing back into the forest. Fine then be childish, she thought, this actually only reinforces my suspicions. Kat turned her back on the forest, fully prepared to go and join the others back at the camp fire when a high pitched whine made her ear itch. She cut a scathing glare back at the forest and the noise ceased.

She narrowed her eyes, what was he up to?

“Are you looking for someone?” Kat jumped and whirled, her hand going to her hip for her pistol. Sebastian merely grinned at her when she realized to her chagrin that she hadn’t brought any of her weapons with her today.

“What do you want?”

“I have no idea what you mean.”

Kat felt her temper flare for a moment, the collar biting into her neck, “Very funny. If you have no need of me I’m leaving.”

When Kat began the trek back to the others, he had to hurry to match her stride, she felt a peculiar sensation run down her spine. Something was about to happen. She cut a sideways look at Sebastian just before his arm shot out to push her into the water. Kat stopped short and back flipped out of his reach. “I knew it! I knew you were up to something!”

Sebastian grinned evilly, “Yes, I can’t have you getting away with throwing me into the lake now can I?”

“Of course you can.”

“I don’t think so. I’ll give you a thirty second head start…go.” Not wasting any time Kat rushed him, throwing her leg out so he had to lean backwards to dodge she quickly retracted and used her other leg to sweep his feet out from under him. He landed with a soft whoomp, scattering a cloud of sand.

“And who should be running?” She asked triumphantly.

“You.” His eyes flared again and before Kat could react he was on his feet again with arms wrapped around her from behind, effectively pinning her arms to her sides. “You, definitely, should have run while you had the chance.” He whispered in her ear.

He carried her purposefully towards the lake.

Its insulting he thinks it would be this easy. Kat rammed her head backwards, forcing him to lean back again, but this time she hooked her feet behind his knees, so when she raised hers his own momentum brought him back down to the sand.

The force with which he hit was enough to slightly wind even her, “Give up yet?” She wheezed. His arms tightening around her was the only answer. Reaching to the side, the only avenue available to her hands, she pinched his side. Surprised his grip slackened for a moment, more than enough for Kat to slide through. “Ha Ha, I win.”

He frowned and sat back up, a thin trickle of blood streaming down his face, “I do say I did lose this time didn’t I?”

“I’d say, not come on, let’s go back, that looks like a nasty cut.” She reached forward to gently brush the black strands of her away from the small wound, “Sorry, for hitting you like that.”

“Like what you didn’t hit me.” The red flashed again, as he seized her outreached wrist and twisted pinning her against the sandy bank.

“Sneak!”

“A small thing of fish blood, just in case. A nice touch don’t you think?” He held her hands in place behind her back with one hand and dexterously lifted legs with the other. “Revenge is sweet.” Without further ado he threw the protesting Kat into the lake. Only to be yanked in himself when a slender hand refused to release his during the throw. They both landed in the water with an echoing splash.

Kat came up before he did, coughing up water, Sometime I really hate that guy. She drug herself back up onto the beach and fell with a flop onto her back, still coughing. A heavy squelching sound beside her told her that Sebastian had done the same.

“You were wrong you know, revenge isn’t sweet.”

“No, I don’t believe it is.” He squeezed his soaking neck tie out on her face, leaving her to cough even more, “But it makes me feel better.”

There was a loud clunk as a stone slammed into the back of the butlers head. For a moment he stared mutely back at the stone before falling forward, his head on Kats lap, unconscious.

Rhose stood on the other side of the lake grinning, “But Butler, my friend, is it not even better when revenge does not involve you losing your dignity.” He shouted across the lake, sending several sleeping birds from their roosts.

Kat smiled and wiped some of the water away from Sebastian’s face. Quietly she placed a small kiss on his forehead, “Thank you, for today, and for everything.” He stirred slightly but stubbornly remained unconscious.

________________________________________________________________

I felt the characters had been through a lot recently, plus Lizze hasnt been seen in a while, and decided to give them a day off. I do have another Special in the works, this time it will be all about Rhose so if there any fans of his out there, just wait it'll be a good one. A blue print of things to come if you will....hint hint...Anyway Chapter 28 Overview: The Broker has kidnapped the Earl and has laid a trap in wait for Kat. What will happen? Will she and Sebastian survive? Or will what happens afterwards be the end of it all?

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

23.8K 927 27
You've been hired out of the blue by a spoiled little brat, who says that he's on an important mission for the Queen, and you're not all too sure abo...
679K 28.2K 36
Everyone knows who the Queen's guard dog is: Ciel Phantomhive. What happens when the Queen finds another pet, this time a sly kitty with her unearthl...
818K 25.4K 21
Ciel x Reader x Sebastian Black Butler --------------------------------- When Elizabeth brings her best friend (You) along to her stay at the Phantom...
14.4K 285 17
One of the first I have brought to the public. Please mind my errors. You are a over crazed Ciel Phantomhive fan girl. When see a boy with navy blue...