Trust Your Heart

By EverAfterHigh_fans

<3 C.A. Cupid is in love. She finds herself constantly looking at Dexter Charming, who's looking at Rave... More

Part 2: Not a Stupid Cupid

Part 1: Wishes For Kisses

76 5 8
By EverAfterHigh_fans

IT'S REALLY CHEESY AND PETTY BUT OH WELL... I DID THIS FOR FUN :D

~=~=~=>

Trust Your Heart Part 1: Wishes For Kisses

"Cupid, you're doing it again."

"Huh?" I glance up to see Poppy O'Hair approaching me. I've seen her around school, but we haven't really talked much. Why now?

She rolls her eyes. "It's so obvious." She nods toward Dexter, the boy I've been helplessly in love with, the one I've been staring at for the past ten minutes. Oh, that. Right.

I've got to admit, lunch is definitely the best time to do those sorts of things, stare.

I shrug. "Doesn't matter, I'm only ever looking at him looking at Raven."

"Then make him be looking back at you, instead."

I sigh and turn towards Poppy, away from Dexter. "It's not that easy, especially since Raven hasn't done anything. We're cool, and that would just be mean."

"Do yourself a favor, and start taking your advice. I can't make you, but I came over here because you remind me of myself." Poppy looks distant.

"How do you mean?"

"I dunno, you just are always in between, kind of like me. I can't change that, but you can. I guess I want for you what I can't have." She throws a lopsided smile to me. "It's better for one of us than none of us to get somewhere around here. Follow your heart, Cupid." With that she turns and heads back to a table Holly is at- along with Briar, Blondie, Hopper, and Justine.

I giggle at the irony in her statement, telling Cupid of all fairytales to follow her heart

I feel bad for Ginger doing just the same as me a few tables away: looking at Hopper looking at Briar. I've never quite figured out how to help that situation, seeing as I can't figure out my own.

~<3~

"Are you alright?"

I look over at my experiment partner, Raven. "Oh, yeah. I'm ok." I smile half heartedly.

"Are you sure? Your wings aren't as perky as usual."

"There's just a lot on my mind."

"Well alright, but you can talk to me anytime if you need to. I know you help a lot of people Cupid, and I wouldn't mind returning a favor."

I hollow my cheeks at the awkwardness Raven un-knowingly created.

"Actually, there is something."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." She looks at me, gesturing to keep going. I take a deep breath. "I-like-Dexter. Like, alot."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Well, I wasn't expecting that."

"I'm sorry," I say. "I'm not going to make moves on him or anything, he likes you anyway."

"No no no no no, you have it all wrong," Raven quickly cuts me off. "I meant I wasn't expecting you to have a crush on someone."

"Can I not like someone?" I say kind of defensively.

Raven cringes, now she's feeling the awkwardness. "You can, I guess I never thought of the possibility that the girl who helps everyone in love, loves someone herself. It doesn't really cross people's minds."

Right, people forget I have feelings and a life outside their own. Ouch.

I puff air out of my cheeks and fiddle with my bow. "Well, I do."

She nods toward my arrows. "Why not use one of those?"

I gasp at Raven, "I'm not that low! And besides, I want him to like me for me..." I mutter the last part lowly, knowing we were talking about the boy Raven is currently dating, the boy I want to like me.

"That's... really cool of you."

I shrug. "Can we just start our project?"

Raven looks like she wants to say more but instead mumbles a "Sure." Needless to say, there was a bit more tension than usual, I probably ruined our friendship.

The bell rings, and just before heading out the door I feel a tap on my shoulder. "Hey, can we talk after school? You can come to my dorm... or we can meet in the library."

I look at Raven, wide eyed. "Sure, I mean I guess."

"Good."

~<3~

After helping Alistair plan a royally cute date for Bunny- he planned to surprise her, and I can guarantee Bunny will be blushing adorably by the end of the night- I turned the corner from his locker where I stumbled upon Daring and Rosabella.

Daring has his arm around Rosabella's shoulder and is playing with the ends of her hair, while she leans into him. I smile at that, they are too adorable and Daring is definitely starting to show the side of him that I know he really is. He kisses her forehead and they started walking away, acknowledging me with a nod on the way by.

After making a few more turns and a flight of stairs towards the library, (where I texted Raven we could meet) I also saw Ash followed by Hunter being pulled along behind her.

"Come on Hunter, we can't be late."

"I'm coming, I'm coming Pumpkin. Slow down, it will be alright."

"I'd rather not be standing in rags arriving to my appointment."

"You'd still be beautiful to me."

Their conversation fades as they continue on past me. I smile at their sincerity and Hunter's not-so-clever (but definitely sweet) nickname for Ashlynn.

Why can't I have that? Love surrounds me every day, but I never get a hold of any of it. I want someone to hold me like Daring did Rosabella; I want someone to hold my hand and tell me I'm beautiful no matter what like Hunter; I want someone to take me on a date and kiss me at the end of it like Alistair is probably doing right now with Bunny.

(A/N: I'm sorry Cupid is petty, but can't a girl be allowed a moment of longing and selfishness every now and then? lol, carry on)

I make it to the doors and push through to see Raven in the same spot I had sat at with Dexter earlier in the year.

"I'm glad you came, I didn't think you would."

"Well, I'm curious what you have to say. And just so you know, I don't see you as competition. Your just someone who happened to catch Dex's attention and not me, but it's whatever."

Cutting to the chase, Raven immediately pulls me into the chair next to her and begins speaking. I awkwardly cross my legs and listen after my confession.

"To be honest, Cupid, it really flatters me that Dexter likes me." I grit my teeth, but continue to listen. Raven is usually nice, so I don't know why she's rubbing it in. I thought we would be awkward, not rude towards each other. "But..." I perk up. "I don't think I really like him. I only like what he does, and how he's one of the few people who don't judge me. That's really sweet of him and all, but I see him in more of a friendish light." She sighs. "I've been wanting to get that off of my chest. No better person to tell than Cupid, right?"

I laugh. I'm happy that she doesn't like Dexter, but I also feel bad for her. "Raven, don't be scared to tell him you don't like him like that. Yes, it will hurt, but wouldn't you rather be with someone who loves you than with someone who only sees you as a friend? I would want someone to tell me that, so I'm not wasting my time on someone who doesn't love me back."

"You're right, I'm going to tell him. I hope he'll still be my friend, Dexter is really sweet I just..." she trails off. "Also, I just can't be in a relationship right now. Maybe in the future, but I'm still figuring myself out."

"Don't worry, everything will turn out fine." I give an encouraging smile to Raven.

"Thanks Cupid!" With that, Raven get's up to leave. "I'll put in good word for you too!"

I blush. Oh Grimm, for get about me, I hope Dexter will be ok.

~<3~

Dexter's POV

Raven stood in front of me, her purple streaks gleaming pinkish in the setting sun.

"Dex?"

"Yeah, what is it Raven?" I push up my glasses, a nervous habit. That didn't sound like a good Dex

"I just wanted to let you know that..." I notice her palms start to sweat.

"Are you ok?"

"Yes I'm fine. Please don't be mad or upset."

Ok, now I'm really worried.

"You can tell me Raven."

"I- I don't love you." woah. I suck in a sharp breath. I probably look so dumb right now.

"Uh, mind explaining." I look away from her awkwardly, avoiding eye contact. "I know that you're Raven Queen and all, and I don't deserve you, but I thought we had something."

"We did, but then I realized I'm just not ready for relationship right now." She touches my arm gently. Always so gentle and kind. Wow. This hurts a lot. "I know this sounds completely cliche, but it's not you, It's actually me. I'm being serious. I'm still figuring myself out and I don't want you being brought down by me, either."

"You're not bringing me down, I love you Raven."

"I'm sorry that I'm not sorry Dexter, but this is for me."

"I-I guess I can't argue with that. I want what's best for you, and if that's not me then I'll leave you alone."

"No, don't. We can still be friends! I want to be friends." I smile, phew. I don't think I was being completely honest when I said I would leave her alone, I'm too much of a wimp to actually stop being around her.

"I'd like that," I say. I pull her into a hug and she squeezes my waist, not like that one time on the balcony, but like we were old friends. She's warm and I can smell apples faintly in her hair, probably from being in the same dorm as Apple.

I know Raven is never going to happen at this point.

"I have a secret to tell you, friend." She grins at me.

"Yeah, and what is that?"

"There is someone madly in love with you, has been for a while actually."

Someone else likes me? I'm surprised. "Who? I'm totally awkward!" I'm not lying.

"She's awkward too when it comes to her own love life, but not other people's."

"That literally makes no sense."

She pushes my shoulder lightly. "It's Cupid, Doofus."

Cupid? The girl who got us kicked out of the library from laughing too loudly? The girl who has a sweetheart shaped face and shining eyes full of passion? The girl who I've literally talked to like everyday? How could I not notice?

"Give her a chance, yeah?" Raven asks.

I half smile. "Maybe."

I may be a prince, but she's like the Queen of love. How do you stand a chance next to that? I'd look like an even clumsier fool than I already am next to her. But she is kind of adorable.

<=~=~=~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5M 297K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
43.7M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
408K 7.3K 41
Emily Addison has been abused and neglected by a man she thought was her father. What happens when she gets saved by her brothers? Who has been searc...