Wicked Games: Book Two of The...

By AmethystAmber87

[ Highest Rank #101 in Mystery/Thriller ] Time has passed. Things have changed. Isabeth, Benny, and Faith are... More

Excerpt
Copyright
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Somethings Never Change
Chapter 28
Fill In The Blanks
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 49

185 21 8
By AmethystAmber87

Preston cupped his hands around his face and peered into the glass window of the dimly lit storefront. "I don't see anything." He looked back at Harper as she stood by the curb to make a meal out of her fingernails. "Are you sure this is where Auggie said she went?"

"Yes." Harper spat out a sliver of nail-like it was a sunflower seed hull. "He said she was booking a photographer for Blackbird and borrowed his bike."

"Borrowed his bike." Preston's eyebrow hiked up and the corner of his mouth curved. "Faith's always in stilts. How does she ride a bike?"

Harper shrugged. "When your mom freezes your bank account, you improvise." She looked in the window for herself. "A light is still on...maybe she's signing paperwork." Harper pulled away from the window. "If Giselle didn't cut off her phone we could've called her."

"Instead of playing Columbo." Preston finished her sentence. "Dieter Sanders Gallery." He read the sign hanging over the frost glass door. "Store hours nine a.m. to ten p.m." He looked at his watch. "Maybe she went somewhere else. Wasn't she seeing some new guy?"

"A German Chocolate dude." Harper reached for the door handle.

"Does he sale chocolate or is he a black guy from Germany?" He asked leaning against the meter.

Harper shrugged and yanked the door handle. The force of her pull swung the door into her body and popped her in the chest. "Ow!" She yelped as Preston chuckled. "I thought it was locked."

"Then why did you pull on it?"

"Just because." She rubbed the sting pulsating through her chest. "Hello." She called as they entered the gallery.

Harper's voice echoed through the empty space and bounced off the white walls.

"Are you sure this place didn't go out of business?" Preston inquired standing behind a marble-topped counter. "There's no way she came here."

"Faith!" Harper called storming through the vacant space. She journeyed through the side door and found the office in the back as bare as the space in the front. She ran back to the front of the gallery out of breath as her heart thudded.

"What is it?" She huffed out. She settled next to Preston as she stared at the blank, white wall. "Are you okay?"

He rubbed his hand along a space that was far whiter than the area around it. "Something was hanging here." He dropped her hand off the wall taking a step back. "And do you smell that?"

Harper sniffed the chilled, empty air. "What?" She glared at him with frantic eyes.

"It's that fragrance Faith wore when we went jogging awhile back."

Harper inhaled deeper this time. "Velvet Tender." She whispered. "I'm calling Sheriff Edmonds!" She dashed to the door. "Something feels off."

Preston sprinted behind her.

Where could Faith be?

Thanks for reading! Remember to comment and vote. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

BEHIND THEIR MIEN By

Mystery / Thriller

108 30 24
Life takes unexpected turn when a common nurse Natalie and a billionaire Nathan find their paths crossed in unexpected mystery that is set to destroy...
5.5K 382 28
Three played a 'Wicked Game.' Now, it's time for round two. One will fight. One will meet The Maker. And one will try to keep them all safe. The...
242K 7.2K 41
Five years have gone by since -A was caught and the girls went separate ways. Emily joined the Army in an attempt to follow in her father's footstep...
23.8K 886 23
When their best friend Alison vanishes, five girls believe their secrets are safe forever, but they begin to receive threatening messages from someon...