Criminal Minds x Reader One S...

By Sootsy

Meraki /may•rah•kee/ (Verb) To do something with soul, creativity, or love; to put something of yourself into... More

☽Authors Note ★ Request Form☾
☽Wonderland ★ Spencer Reid☾
☽The Ribbon ★ Spencer Reid☾
☽Happy Birthday ★ Spencer Reid☾
☽Withered Parts ★ Spencer Reid☾
☽Childish Fears ★ Spencer Reid☾
☽Midnight Clock ★ Spencer Reid☾
☽Breathless ★ Spencer Reid☾
☽The Lost Ones ★ Spencer Reid☾
☽Safe and Sound ★ Spencer Reid☾
☽Authors Note ★ One Thousand Reids☾
☽I'm Yours ★ Penelope Garcia☾
☽Captured ★ Aaron Hotchner☾
☽Authors Note ★ Two Thousand Reids☾
☽Keeper ★ Spencer Reid☾
☽Fix You ★ Spencer Reid☾
☽Secrets ★ Spencer Reid☾
☽Care For You ★ Penelope Garcia☾
☽Moonlit Skies ★ David Rossi☾
☽Battle Wounds ★ Penelope Garcia☾
☽Authors Note ★ Three Thousand Reids☾
☽Hunted ★ Emily Prentiss☾
☽Elevators ★ Derek & Penelope☾
☽My Girl ★ Emily Prentiss☾
☽Authors Note ★ Four Thousand Reids☾
☽Little Miracles ★ Derek & Penelope☾
☽Bow Tie ★ Spencer Reid☾
☽Authors Note ★ I'm Back☾
☽Headlights ★ David Rossi☾
☽Mistletoe ★ Spencer Reid☾
✸TEMPORARY HIATUS✸

☽Silent Echos ★ Spencer Reid☾

14.7K 205 146
By Sootsy

This one was requested
by the lovely AngelNinja5!
I hope you enjoy it. :)
Word Count: 3786
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

The case the team is working on has been a tough one, they haven't been able to find their Unsub but they just knew they were getting closer to figuring out who it was.

The Unsub has been torturing and strangling women to death, and they finally had a person come to them with a lead.

The Unsub had tried to lure the victim, Lillie, to have her help him with his daughter who was injured in the woods and he could tell Lillie wasn't believing his ploy after all the news reports she's seen of missing girls.

Well, the man got super pissed off that she wasn't following him to help so he tried to just grab her and she screamed for help, and a group of people came over and the guy bolted but not before Lillie got a good look at him. Good enough to get a good profile to the sketch artist.

Penelope's been trying to work her magic but so far they haven't came up with anyone who looked vaguely similar. They were missing something and they couldn't figure out what and it was starting to frustrate the team.

So here Y/N was, walking alone in the middle of the night because she couldn't sleep and needed some fresh air.

She would have had Spence come but since they were sharing a room, she knew he had finally found sleep and knew he needed it way more than she did and with this case being so stressful her best friend had barely gotten any sleep.

Though really neither had she, but she had definitely slept more than Spencer.

She figured one walk by herself wouldn't hurt, right? Wrong. Very wrong. The minute the agent walked out of that hotel room the man had been waiting, watching, following her. Without her even acknowledging it.

She could be his leverage to get a deal, to get out of this because what he did know is he probably wouldn't make it out of this alive.

Y/N turned the corner and made her way into the empty park at midnight, sitting in a swing lost in her thoughts trying to figure out what they were missing.

So lost in her thoughts that she didn't hear the footsteps in the gravel behind her. It all happened so fast, the way he ripped her out of that swing and taped her mouth shut before proceeding to tape her arms and legs together, carrying her back to his van.

She had left everything to protect herself in the hotel room, she so badly wishes she would have at least brought her pepper spray but she didn't think it would matter but she was oh so wrong...

He roughly tosses her into the van before forcing her to drink water which was so obviously laced with something because she could feel herself passing out not very long after the bitter tasting liquid slipped through her pink lips.

Spencer wakes up and looks around the empty hotel room, curious as to where his best friend and crush Y/N was.

So he decided to call her, starting to worry when he heard her cell phone ringing from the little table between the two beds. Maybe she just went back to the police station where the team was?

He decided to call Hotch knowing that him, Rossi, J.J and Morgan all stayed behind tonight to try and figure this out.

He answers after two rings "Hello Reid, you need something?"

"Uh, I was just wondering if Y/N was there with you guys? She isn't anywhere in our room and her phone is here as well as everything else." Spencer replies, hoping she just went there after not being able to sleep at night and nothing happened to her if she chose to go on a walk alone.

"No she isn't here do you think maybe she went to the hotel cafeteria for food or something?" Hotch asks.

Spencer is still scanning the room for anything before spotting a note on the dresser "Maybe, I found a note hold on I'm going to read it." he says before opening the note and scanning over it quickly.

It was in her handwriting and it read;

"Spence, I couldn't sleep so I went for a walk. I'm probably going to walk down to the little park that's not too far from here I figured I should leave a note since I know how much of a worry wort you can be sometimes. I hope you know I'm kidding by the way I actually love that you worry about me. But just incase you wake up before I get back I left you this, though you probably won't be awake before I'm back since I'll only be gone twenty minutes or so. ~Y/N"

He's not sure how long it's been so he tells Hotch "She went on a walk by herself to the park, she said she should be back within twenty minutes or so, I'll see if she's at the park and then let you know."

"Alright, Prentiss just made it to the station so everyone's here but you two hopefully she's there.." his supervisor trails off.

"Bye Hotch, I'll call you if she's not.." Spencer says before hanging up and grabbing his coat and gun, running out the door and to the elevator.

He exits the elevator and rushes out the main hotel doors and starts jogging towards the park Y/N said she'd be in and once he gets there he freezes, noticing that the park is empty and barely noticeable to probably any one else, underneath one of the swings the rocks were strewn around, looking like someone had a struggle so he rushes over to it.

His heart drops the minute he sees the necklace with her name on it lying under the swing, obviously being ripped off of her. He picks it up and rushes to the station to tell the team.

Once he makes it to the station he busts through the door and says "She's gone. She's gone. She can't be gone. Why her?"

"Woah slow down Pretty Boy how do you know?" Morgan asks his friend, worry lacing his voice.

"She wasn't at the park and her necklace was under the swing and it looked like there was a struggle... that asshole has my best friend Morgan! I know it." Spencer says, pacing around the room after showing the necklace to Derek, clutching it in his hand as he paces.

"Chill Spencer... we'll find her." he says, trying to touch gently on the subject.

"How could I possibly chill? Derek I think I'm in love with her. And now? Now I'll probably never get the chance to tell her that! And it sucks. I can't lose her Derek!" he snaps at his friend, instantly regretting it after "I'm... I'm sorry I just... I'm in shock"

Derek then hugs the younger male "It's fine Spencer just calm down a little bit and lets work on finding this bastard so we can bring her home and you can tell her you're in love with her."

The younger male looks at him and nods meekly at the man before mumbling "Okay..." and following Morgan into the room.

The minute we get in the room Hotch says "Penelope just sent us a link to broadcast the Unsub is doing 'just for us' he's talking from behind the camera so we can't identify him and Y/N is knocked out and tied to a chair in the center of the room."

Spencer rushes to the computer where it showed Y/N tied to a chair looking relatively unharmed at the moment... hopefully it stayed that way. Though he knows how unlikely that last option is.

She wakes up in some kind of warehouse and she's strapped to a chair with a camera pointed at her, the man who took her captive behind it.

"Ahh, you're finally awake Agent Y/LN. It was so stupid of you to go for a walk all by your lonesome without any of your team or even any weapons. I knew then that you could be my leverage. Say hello to your team, they're watching you." the creep says, pointing to the camera with the blinking red light showing it was on.

She looked into the camera before looking back down at the ground, not wanting to say a word and hoping that her team would find her soon...

When she looked into the camera Spencer could see the fear and sadness in her eyes and he hoped they could find her soon.

"HEY! You little bitch don't ignore me." the Unsub yells at her "Don't make me have to start beating my deal out of you and your little team mates!"

She flinches and closes her eyes, trying to keep her cool and not cry, having super bad anxiety in situations like these.

Spencer noticed one of her tells and wanted so badly to hug her tight and tell her it was okay, she just needed to hold on.

She just hoped Spence and the team would hurry... she's not sure how much of this she can handle before she breaks.

She's so lost in her thoughts again she doesn't hear the Unsub ask her a question, him getting pissed when she doesn't answer him so he walks over and punches her in the face yelling "FINE! You want to ignore me and play rude? Well welcome to your worst nightmare little lady." before landing a few more punches, this time to her stomach.

Spencer had to turn away after he saw the tear roll down her eye. The Unsub finally got bored throwing punches to her after half an hour before leaving the warehouse for the night. Y/N finally breaks down and cries once he left.

The sight of it causing Spencer's heart to break a little bit, a tear slipping out of his eye before he whispers to himself "I'll find you Y/N... I promise you that."

It's been two days since she'd been taken and she was getting so tired.. she barely slept and never once talked which meant the man was constantly beating her. She's not sure how much she can take.

Back at the station Spencer finds himself pacing around the small room they were set up in for what seems like the millionth time in the past two days.

"Hey hey hey, Pretty Boy, sit down. Stop pacing, we'll find her." Morgan says, leading Spencer to one of the seats in the room.

"Will we though? It's been two days of torture for her! I can't lose her Derek! She's my best friend.." Spencer snaps, trailing off at the end as he realizes he snapped at Derek "I'm so sorry Derek this is just getting to me.. I didn't mean to snap at you.. again."

"It's fine Pretty Boy, but I promise we will find her. You need to get a bit of sleep, you haven't slept in over forty eight hours and she wouldn't want you losing that much sleep." Morgan says, watching his co-worker.

"No.. I can't sleep until she's safe. I can't handle seeing her like that for much longer I don't want her to have to suffer through that. We're so close to finding her we know that bastards name now! I need her to be okay." Spencer says, looking at Morgan before looking back to the board and map trying to figure out where he was hiding her.

Wait... "SHE'S IN A WAREHOUSE" he blurts out, looking at the surroundings behind her in the broadcast once again before he calls Garcia.

"Your friendly neighborhood Oracle of all things knowable and unknowable, at your service" her voice says through the line.

"Garcia, look up the location of secluded warehouses in the area. It looks like she's in a warehouse. Maybe Hank owns one or one of his family members do?" Spencer asks, hearing the click clacks of her keyboard through the phone.

"And you would be correct my little genius, Hanks deceased father Samuel used to own a fishing warehouse that got abandoned after he passed away, I'm sending the address to your phones. Now go bring our girl home to us!"

"Thank you so much Penelope! Will do, we are going NOW to get her home safely. This bastard is going to pay." Spence says, hanging up the call and relaying the information to the team before they get their vests on and get in the SUVs, speeding off to the warehouse Hank Finnegan had Y/N held.

Back in the warehouse Y/N was starting to lose hope that her team were coming for her.. she felt like she didn't have much time left because the Unsub was getting fed up of her not talking.

Little did she know Spencer and the team were rushing to her rescue right then.

The Unsub was placing some more punches to her when he hears the shout of Hotchner yelling "Hank Finnegan you're under arrest for the torture and murder of twenty three woman and harming a federal agent, put your hands up."

Hank chuckles dryly and grabs his gun, getting ready to put it at Y/N's head and pull the trigger.

She notices and closes her eyes tight, starting to have a panic attack not yet ready to die, waiting for the sound of the gun going off.

BANG.

The sound of gunfire made her heartbeat and breathing speed up even faster, then a thud behind her makes her open her eyes and look behind her, seeing a gunshot right in the middle of Hank's forehead.

She turns around to the team to see Spencer in the front still holding his gun up and flashlight up, clad in his navy blue FBI vest.

That didn't stop the panic attack that was still washing over her though, she couldn't calm down and she felt like her chest was on fire.

Spencer noticed and started running over to her and places his gun and flashlight on the ground, untying her hands and feet from the chair before pulling her out of the chair carefully and wrapping his arms around her.

"Shh, shh, you're okay now. Deep breaths Y/N, in and out. Focus on my voice." Spencer says to her comfortingly and quietly, rocking her in his arms.

At the feeling of his arms around her and his calming words she felt herself being able to breathe again, tears streaming down her face before she speaks for the first time in two days, her voice hoarse and quiet "Y-You found me.."

"And I'll always find you Y/N, no matter what." He replies, looking into her eyes.

"You promise?" She says, holding her pinky up between the two of them.

Spencer chuckles quietly at her childishness with the pinky promise before linking his pink with hers "I promise."

The sound of that amazing geniuses laugh was like a wave of relief, a wave of calm for her. And she was no longer having trouble breathing, in that moment she realized.

She's in love with her best friend.

"Let's get you to the hospital to make sure you're okay then lets all head home since that bastard is finally taken care of." Spence says, helping her up and over to the waiting ambulance but not before glaring daggers at the dead body of Hank Finnegan.

They finally arrived home after Y/N was taken to the hospital in the small town of Colorado, to thankfully only have two broken ribs and lots of scrapes and bruises.

They get off the jet and Hotch let Y/N and Spencer off the hook from having to do any of the after case paperwork, him going over to Y/N's to help her with anything she needed and to just spend time with her after everything that's happened.

During the whole plane ride while she slept Reid and Morgan had been talking, Derek helping the younger man finally get the courage to tell her his feelings tonight.

He was beyond nervous because he has no clue how she feels about him and doesn't want to ruin the friendship but if he never takes the chance he could lose it all together and after almost losing her, he couldn't risk it.

So what if she shot him down, he'd still have her as a best friend and co-worker, and at least that's something.

After getting off the jet Spencer helps Y/N to his car, opening the door for her before waiting on her to get in and shutting the door behind her and walking over to his side, getting in and starting the car.

Y/N yawns quietly before leaning her head against the door.

"You sleepy?" Spence says, smiling over at her.

"Uh, a little bit" she says, giggling softly and smiling back over at him.

"You could always nap until we get to your place, I actually have a blanket in the back seat if you want it." 

She smiled bright and reached in the back, grabbing the blanket he had there before covering up with it. "Thank you Spence" she mumbles, drifting off to sleep after.

He smiles over at her and makes sure he's careful, avoiding all the pot holes in the road so she'll sleep fine. If only the government would put a little more money into the roads, he thinks before sighing lightly.

Once they arrived at her house Spencer parked the car, looking at her sleeping form and deciding he didn't want to wake her just yet.

Since she shifted to where her head wasn't against the door, he decided to grab her keys and unlock her door to her house quickly before hurrying back to her sleeping form.

He opens the car door and picks her up, carrying her into her house still wrapped in his blanket.

As he's locking the door behind him he feels her shift in his arms, a quiet yawn escaping her lips. She was a bit startled as to where she was for a brief moment before her eyes landed on Spencer.

"You're okay, I just didn't want to wake you so I decided to carry you in. I know you probably need sleep after all that has happened." Spence says, starting to head up the stairs to her room, placing her on her bed once they get there.

He notices she's still a bit tired so he covers her up and gets ready to leave the room before she wakes up a bit "Wait! I don't want you to go yet... can we maybe cuddle and watch a movie or something?" she quickly says, her cheeks tinting red, oh how she hoped he couldn't notice in her dark bedroom..

"Of course we can! Let me change into my pajamas and then I'll be back and we can watch anything you want okay?" he says with a smile.

"Alright! I'm gonna change too and then pick a movie" she replies, waiting until he leaves the room to shut her door and quickly change into her pajamas, opening her door again and sitting on the bed, searching for a movie to watch with him.

Noticing that they finally added "Coraline" to Netflix she clicks on it and pauses it once it loads then waits on him to walk back into the room.

When he finally does he shuts the door behind him and sits beside her in bed "So, what are we watching?" he asks curiously.

"Coraline, as long as you're okay with it? I really love this movie." Y/N says, looking over at him with a smile.

"Of course we can but I was, uh, I was hoping maybe we could talk first about something?" He says nervously, looking at her before biting the inside of his cheek. It's now or never.

"Yeah, anything Spencer, I told you that you can talk to me about anything that's on your mind when we started this friendship." She could almost see him cringe at the word "friendship" but she waited for him to go on regardless, not questioning it.

"W-Well.. Y/N, when you came up missing and I found out the Unsub had taken you captive I freaked out, I realized I couldn't lose you. Ever. And well, I'm in love with you Y/N, and I have been for awhile and instead of continuing to push those feelings aside I just had to tell you. I'm sorry if you don't feel the sam-"

Y/N cut off his ramblings at the end "Spencer, I realized I was in love with you the minute you came running to me to calm my panic attack. I thought I was going to die there and it hit me once you came for me that you are my light in this world full of so many dark things."

He looks into her eyes and smiles brightly, pulling her into his arms.

"Y/N, I know one thing for certain and that is that I that I can't lose you again. Will you let me protect you? And will you be my girlfriend?"

She finds herself tearing up and she smiles, hugging him tighter and excitedly saying "Yes, of course I'll be your girlfriend Spencer!"

Still looking into her eyes he finds his eyes flicking to her lips before his cheeks turn red "Would it be okay if I kissed you?" he asks, his eyes ghosting over her lips one more time.

"I would love it very much if you kissed me Spencer Reid." she says with a slight giggle, noticing him stealing glances at her lips.

He brushes her H/C hair out of her face before he leans in, closing his eyes as he softly plants his lips against hers.

Her lips tasted like sweets and Spencer knew this was something he could get used to.

The two of them pull away for air before she leans her forehead against his looking into his eyes as she says "Now how about that cuddling and movie?"

Spence laughs quietly and smiles "Let's do this" he replies before the two of them get settled into bed, Spencer cuddling her close as they hit play on the movie.

Not even halfway through the two of them had drifted off to sleep in each other's arms, so glad that they can finally say the other is theirs and theirs only.

They finally get to be together after everything and it felt so perfect.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.1K 851 79
Your past comes a-knocking when you visit your family for the first time in what seems like years. Things aren't what you thought they were, but you...
234K 5.1K 26
en·dear·ing inˈdiriNG,enˈdiriNG/ adjective inspiring love or affection. * [spencer reid x oc] [foul language] [season 7-8] [#8 in #spencerreid]...
1.1M 25.1K 112
Book of Criminal Minds one-shots. Some are xReader, some aren't. I've tried to make most of the xReader stories as gender neutral as I can but, unfor...
106K 3K 78
Sunday Finnegan is the definition of chaotically detailed. She is powered by coffee thanks to her addiction of reading smutty books till 3am, cheerfu...