Ice Queen

By Crystligh

This will NOT be a traditional 'rejected by my mate' book. It will have lots more twists and turns and plot t... More

Ice Queen
Chapter 1

Chapter 2

36 2 1
By Crystligh

The Duties Of A Queen and an Alpha

_________________________________

Shane Pov:

I sat at my desk in school looking at the clock, my fingers holding a pen which I tapped on the desk impatiently.

*RING!!!* I jumped up and ran out of the class, my packed up booksack on my back.

"Hey, what's the rush?" I heard Jasmine ask as she ran up behind me.

"I want to find out what those witches meant, so I'm in a hurry to get home so I can get some answers from Devon." I told her as I got into my car, Jasmine followed suite and got into the passenger seat of my car, our booksacks were thrown into the backseat.

"Why are you in such a hurry to find Essence?" Jasmine asked. "I mean your acting like a mate." I flinched at the word 'mate'.

"No, I'm just worried about her. She's in my pack, she's part of my family. To have a family member leave like that, to leave in general hurts. Especially if you don't know where they're going." I told her completely lying.

In reality I'm worried for my former mate, seeing her leave like that made my wolf howl in pain, not to mention growl at the sight of her uncaringly leaving the pack, and us with two guys. Of course, I'd never tell Jasmine that.

"Hey, can we stop here for some frozen yogurt I missed lunch." I looked at Jasmine before I pulled up at the frozen yogurt place.

"Go in or drive through?" I asked.

She looked at me for half a second. "Drive through."

"Hello welcome to The Frozen Palace may what can I get you?" The woman on the other end ask.

"What do you want?" I asked Jasmine.

"Um, A strawberry tart yogurt with a waffle cone topped with two cherries."

I looked back towards the drive through machine and recited her order. "Will that be all?"

I thought about ordering one for me, and decided that I would order one.

"Sir?"

"No, give me one chocolate flavored yogurt with a chocolate waffle cone topped with whipped cream, caramel, and two cherries."

"Will that be all?"

"Yes." I responded.

"Your total is $6.50. Please drive up to the window ahead."

I drove around the building up to the window.

"Here you are." I told the man at the window as I handed him my credit card. He swiped it and handed me my yogurt.

"Thanks." I told him as I handed the yogurts to Jasmine.

I got back onto the main road and continued my drive to the edge of town.

-At The Pack House In Shane's Room-

I walked into my room with Jasmine who shut the door.

"Yo!" Devon greeted from his position on my bed.

"Devon I need information." I could see him getting interested.

"Shoot." He responded.

"The witches, what did they mean by 'Heed the words'?" I asked.

"They meant to listen to the words that Essence said before she left,"

"She said something about moons, twelve, castles, and keys." I told him as I remembered a few parts of what she said.

"Your memory is horrible." Devon commented.

"Just answer me!"

"If you'd paid attention in your Wolf History and bothered to do your section homework for Otherworldly Phenomenon then you'd know." He chided.

"Give me a straight answer."

 "I can't answer that for you. You need to find out yourself." He answered before disappearing in a swirl of black.

"What the-Devon!" I shouted.

Essence Pov:

 I stopped my writing as I thought about Shane.

"Something bothering you Mistress?" Alex asked.

"No."

"You're thinking about him again." Danny told me.

"Who?" I pretended that I didn't know.

"Shane." Danny told me.

"How'd you know?" I asked.

"Whenever you think of him you get a longing yet sad and heartbroken look on your face."

"Oh." I looked down.

"A word of advice Milady." I nodded at Danny.

"Thinking about pain causes more pain. More pain leads to the bottling up of feelings. It's better to take one round of pain and crying that four rounds of suffering. Yes?" I stared at him.

"What?"

"He means that thinking about Shane causes you pain. The more you think about him the more you bottle of your feelings. It's better to just cry rather than suffer, yes?" Alex translated.

I gave them a smile. "Can you guys go and make me some chamomile tea?" I asked. "I need to relax."

Jasmine Pov:

I watched my mate working on his computer.

I admire him. My wolf told me.

Why? I asked her.

He's trying so hard to get a member of his family back, even if it's a regular wolf. You can tell he will be a good Alpha and mate by the way he acts. I agreed.

You're right.

"Jasmine can you get Ryan and his mate Jennifer please?" I nodded and left the room to go get his future beta and mate.

I sighed as a thought hit me. 'I have a feeling that Essence is more than family to him.' I thought.

"Essence what are you to my mate?" I wondered aloud.

Alex Pov:

I sighed in irritation. "She's always thinking of him." Danny spoke sadly.

"In every life she thinks about him. Maybe in this life, maybe we can get her to see us. But first we must get her to calm down. Danny please go check on Shane." He nodded before disappearing.

I watched the tea begin to turn the water gold.

-After ten minutes-

I brought the tea to Essence only to have my brother pop up beside me.

"Huh? Danny where did you go?" Essence asked.

"You're getting better at telling us apart Mistress, I applaud you. As to where I went. I went to see your mate. He's well and seems to be looking for you."

She gasped in surprise.

"L-Looking for me?!" He nodded.

"Well we'll leave you to your thoughts princess. Call us if you need anything." I told her before Danny and I vacated the room.

Once we were out of the room I glared at a wall and cursed.

"Damnitt! He's looking for her." I growled as we got out of earshot.

"Fuck!" Danny yelled.

"I didn't think he'd be looking!" He yelled out.

"Bastard, he has a mate so why can't he leave her alone?! For fuck's sake! He rejected her,and claimed another woman in front of her, then had the nerve to call out to her as she left! Why can't these guys except their loss?! Is it so hard?! What you threw away left, you can't just up and decide to get them back! It's selfish! It's like buying a new toy! Neglect the old ones in favor of the new one and when someone else wants to play with the old toys you tell them no because it's yours! Even if you don't play with it!" I shouted.

"She may not notice us this life brother and It seems like he might be the one to rescue her.": Danny told me and I nodded.

As much as I hate to admit it, he's right, Shane might find her.

_____________________________________________________

I wanna thank cheried713  for being the first to comment and vote..I think. So this chapter is dedicated to cheried713 !

___________________________________________________

Be the first to comment and or vote to get a chapter dedicated to you and a reward will be sent to your inbox. :)  Although if you vote you'll have to tell me, because wattpad doesn't send me emails when I receive a vote.

_________________________________________________________________

Devon to the side

Jasmine in the external link

Song for this chapter is also to the side

________________________________________________________________

Continue Reading