Asylum | C.R

By CHAIRHANDLERR

"y-you think I'm insane.. don't you, darling?" His voice dripped of cruelty and numbness as he struggled to b... More

1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32

3

5.1K 142 64
By CHAIRHANDLERR

Lauren White

         I walked through the entrance hallway of Serenity Asylum. My shoes making thudding sounds against the cold tile floor.

Leather jacket in hand, and my backpack in the other, I walk to my fathers office.

I hear screams of agony in one of the room cells yelling 'I won't stop!'

I pay no extra attention to it as it happens every day. After all, it is the home of the insane.

I stop once I reach the office door with the name plate that read Dr. David White

I knock on it a couple times as I hear shuffling from the other side. "Who is it?" He says, his voice muffled by the door.

"Lauren." I reply. "Come in" I hear him say and I open the door.

"What is it?" He looks up at me from his desk, his glasses pushed up on his nose.

"Look dad I-"

"If you're asking to work here, the answer is no." He says and looks back down at his paperwork.

"Come on dad! It isn't fair that you let other 18 year olds work here but not your own daughter!"

"Exactly." He says and I raise my eyebrow.

"That's exactly it. You're my daughter, and I do not want to see you getting hurt working here." He says.

"Serenity Asylum is a place for the Criminally Insane. It isn't for the people who suffer from small mental problems such as depression, it's for the completely insane, murderous people." He says and I scoff, leaning back on the sofa.

"Tch.. honestly.." I grumble under my breath.

I don't understand the real reason that my father won't let me work here.

I've always wanted to work here, I felt.. somewhat peaceful when I'm here. For some odd reason, I felt like I had to work here.

Different like any other person, I actually don't get weirded out next to mentally ill people, instead, I feel bad for them. I want to help them get better.

I always wonder what it's like to be that odd, though in school I get called odd, but in.. stronger language.

I don't have much friends at school, maybe 2 or 3, but that is all. And if I'm lucky tomorrow, I might not be bothered by the 3 sluts of the school.

Jessica, Destiny, and Stephanie.

Remember those names well.

Yeah I know, it seems cliché, but in every school there's at least that one group that finds pleasure and happiness from ruining and absolutely destroying other people's lives.

I lean back on the couch, crossing my arms and looking at the ceiling.

"I don't fucking understand why-"

"Don't you use that language with me!" He yells and I sigh. "I don't understand why you have such a problem with letting me work here, I already know everything there is to know about taking care of the patients!"

"You don't just take care of them, you first have to interrogate them once they first arrive here, and ask them about what they did and why." He replies with a harsh tone.

"They are criminals. There is not one patient here that has never done anything illegal." He says.

"I understand that but you can trust me! Please dad I've been wanting to work here for as long as this place was open!" I say and he takes his glasses off, looking at me in annoyance.

"You know what? I don't want to hear one more-"

Knock, knock, knock!

His sentence was interrupted by a knock on the door. "Who is it?" He sighs.

"It's Elizabeth, I have something to inform you" I hear her voice muffled through the door.

He sighs and opens the door, Elizabeth's green eyes make eye contact with mine and she smiles, I give her a half-smile and wave.

Elizabeth has been my friend since middle school, and my dad let her work here before he let me.

"What is it Beth?" He asks and the velvet-haired girl snaps her attention back to my dad. "Oh uhm.." she glances down at her clipboard.

"Patient 5920 Sarah Long, has been refusing to take her medication for quite a while, and it's gotten critical. She has been trying to fight the other staff off, she's apprehended at the moment but I think she'll relax more once you try to talk to her."

My dad pauses for a moment, then sighs. "Alright." He mutters. "Oh and there's a new person coming in, and the bad news is that he's not easy to talk to or to take care of." She says and my dad face palms.

"Oh boy. Alright, I'll go check up on Sarah while you go talk to the lobby office staff and ask them for the new patients criminal file, folder and number." He says and Elizabeth nods and rushes down to the lobby.

"Dad maybe I could-"

"No." He says and shoots me a glare.

I groan and lean my head back in annoyance, rolling my eyes.

Once my dad leaves I go down to the lobby and look for Elizabeth.

"Where is that girl.." I mutter under my breath. "Lauren? What are you doin' here?" I hear her thick New Jersey accent mumble from behind me.

"Oh there you are." I say and turn around, "look, I need you to help me with something." I say and she tilts her head to the side.

"What is it?" She replies. "I need you to give me the new patients criminal file." I say and her eyes widen.

"Wha- why?"

"Because my dad needs them." I lie, leaning on my right foot. "Alright." She says and hands me the folder loaded with papers.

"Damn.." I mutter under my breath.

"Yeah," she says. "This person is totally bonkers"

"According to all the papers in there.." she says and I nod.

"Any luck on gettin' the job?" She asks and I sigh, looking up at her.

"Nope.." I roll my eyes and she groans. "Damnit, I really want you and I to work together.." she sighs. "Hopefully I'll convince him soon, it's so dumb how he's overprotective."

"Yeah you're right, but I got to go. I have to report to patient 2763." She mumbles and I nod. "Alright, I'll see you tomorrow." I say and she waves before walking back upstairs.

As I make my way to the stairs to get my stuff from my dad's office, I hear talking from the interrogation room down the hall.

I raise my eyebrow and slowly walk towards the interrogation room so no one could hear me.

I peek through the one-way window and see one of the police officers talking to a boy, who seemed mad as hell.

I press my ear against the window to try and hear better.

"Tell me, why do you think you're here?" I hear the officer say as he leans foreword on the table.

The boy stays silent.

Wow, he looks right about my age, maybe older.

"Not gonna talk huh? Staying silent isn't going to get you out of here."

"I already know I'm not going to be able to leave." The boy grits his teeth in anger, slamming his handcuffed fists on the metal table, making a loud metal-against-metal sound.

Damn his voice is deep.

I flinch as he does this, I squint to try and see more of his facial features in the dim light in the room, but fail to do so.

What I managed to see was the shirt he was wearing with a number 3323 printed on the right side like all of the other patients have here.

Is he the new patient here?

I look down at my folder as my eyes widen, on the folder stood out the number in bold letters on the front.

3323

______________

Vote and comment for a new chapter

Warning!
This book contains adult content such as gore, violence, strong language, triggering scenes, insanity, sexual acts, drinking and drugs.

Copywriting my book is not allowed, I've worked really hard with coming up with the storyline, character personalities, and plot just so someone can steal it. Please consider this before thinking of copywriting ANYONES work.

[Continue at your own risk.]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

637K 22.3K 51
"I never said I hated you. I just- strongly dislike you." โž› in which the colorless wrath of a boy, collides against the blackened mercy of ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ [s...
20.4K 919 16
แด„แด€ส€สŸ ษขส€ษชแดแด‡๊œฑ x แดœษดแด…แด‡แด€แด… ๊œฐแด‡แด!แดแด„ โ™ข ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ญ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ง ๐๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ก. ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ก๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ญ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ. โ™ข ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก...
93.6K 3K 34
for emma, forever ago. ~*~ [book 1/social media/chandler riggs] life can go from zero to one hundred in seconds, that is, if you play your cards rig...
56.4K 1.1K 26
Finally I'm back and going to write some more! Hey guys, awesome that you found the way to my collection of Carl Grimes and Chandler Riggs Imagines...