The Secret Life of Malia Dall...

By simplicational

Malia Dallas has hid herself behind closed doors for three years trying to find a way to get rid of the guilt... More

The Secret Life of Malia Dallas
Chapter 1 - Chanter
Chapter 2 - Se Casser
Chapter 3 - S'amuser
Chapter 4 - Les Garçons
Chapter 5 - Feu D'artifice
Chapter 6 - Citations
Chapter 7 - L'hockey de la rue
Chapter 8 - Cuire
Chapter 9 - Avions
Chapter 10 - Mes Livres
Chapter 11 - Végétarien
Chapter 12 - Le Premier Jour
Chapter 13 - Découvert
Chapter 14 - Pardonné
Chapter 15 - De Harry Potter
Chapter 16 - Réponses
Chapter 17 - NAFs
Chapter 18 - La Plage et Nouveaux Amis
Chapter 19 - Idées
Chapter 20 - Mi Familia
Chapter 21 - Voyager
Chapter 22 - Faire du Shopping
Chapter 23 - Meilleurs Amis
Chapter 24 - Bibliothèque
Chapter 25 - L'hôpital
Chapter 26 - Librairies et Café
Chapter 27 - S'endormir
Chapter 28 - Insomnie
Chapter 29 - S'embrasser
Chapter 30 - S'évanouir
Chapter 31 - Gags et les coeurs brisés
Chapter 32 - Danser Sous La Pluie
Chapter 33 - Questions et Impressions
Chapter 34 - Gâteau
Chapter 35 - Anniversaires
Chapter 36 - La Farce D'ultime
Chapter 37 - Lo Incontro
Chapter 38 - Les Aveus et Les Histoires
Chapter 39 - Recuerdos
Chapter 40 - La Glace et des Oreillers Moelleux
Chapter 41 - Avec Moi
Chapter 42 - Simplement en Regardant
Chapter 43 - Merci
Chapter 45: Surprendre
Chapter 46: Au Revoir
Chapter 47: My Little Secret
Chapter 48: Insostituibile
Chapter 49: Peleas de Helado
Chapter 50: Leugens
Chapter 51: Amigas
Chapter 52: Le Projet
Chapter 53: White
Chapter 54: Mort
Chapter 55: Normalite
Chapter 56: Coming Home
Chapter 57: 11 days
Chapter 58: Reunions
Chapter 59: Photonaf Diaries
Chapter 60: Omaha
Chapter 61: You're Mine
Chapter 62: Happy Birthday
Epilogue

Chapter 44 - Les Petites Choses

855 16 15
By simplicational

Would you look at that! I have risen from the dead and come to give you all another update. I have no idea when the next update will happen....I am towards the end of my senior year and my senioritis is starting to get pretty bad so who knows you might be getting more updates. I am also moving to California this summer so I will be very busy. But for now, enjoy!

Malia's POV

"Babe wake up!" I felt someone shaking my body and I swatted their hands away trying to get back under my covers. I was really tired and grumpy this morning for some reason. "Malia! We will miss our flight!" Matt shouted. When he said that I instantly shot up out of bed scaring Matt a bit.

"What time is it?" I ask frantically.

"4:20" He replied. Our flight left at 6:00 because it took a while to get to Pittsburgh and the time change would be an issue so we would hardly get any time.

"Thank you," I say and I run over and give him a quick kiss before I go into my bathroom and brush my teeth. I noticed that Lily was not in my room so she must have already gotten up. After I finished brushing my teeth I slipped off my pajama pants and t-shirt. Normally I would wear my sweats to the airport but because Shawn was performing tonight I didn't want to have to change. I pulled on a pair of ripped boyfriend jeans, a cropped t-shirt with grey and white stripes and a long khaki sweater. Then I grabbed a pair of black sunglasses to cover up my bags and set them on top of my head as I ran a line of eyeliner on the bottom of my eyes then on the top before finishing it with mascara. I put on one of my favorite black chokers before I slipped on my lace up black heels because I wanted to look nice. I have my moments where I want to wear heels and I am not going to let the judgment of others stop me from that. I threw my hair up into a messy bun and grabbed my phone and laptop, shoving it into my purse and grabbing my carry-on as I left my room. I couldn't wait to see Shawn.

I practically skipped down the stairs and once I reached the kitchen I was fully awake and roaring with energy. I left my stuff by the door and I skipped into the kitchen, grabbing a yogurt and some granola.

"Someone's happy," Cam remarked.

"Yeah I get to see Shawn and FREAKING FIFTH HARMONY!" I exclaim.

"What about Austin?" Carter asks.

"He's cool too, but I don't know his music as well as I know Fifth Harmony's," I explain to him. I didn't have anything against Austin but I didn't want to consider myself a fan and 'throw' myself at him if I didn't really know all that much about him or his music. "What time is it?" I ask.

"4:44," Lily says as she walks into the kitchen and I catch Taylor's eye. That reminds me to talk to Lily about Taylor. I nod to Taylor in hopes that it lets him know that I intend to talk to Lily.

"Well we should get going," I say. We were planning on taking Cam's car and my car and just leaving them in the airport parking lot for a day because we would be back tomorrow. We all grabbed our stuff and loaded up the car. Matt sat next to me in the front and I had Lily, Taylor, Carter, and Aaron in my car, Cameron had Jack, Jack, Hayes, and Nash.

** ** ** **

Once we reached the airport and had parked our cars we walked into the airport and checked what bags we needed to which was hardly any. We received our tickets and I was practically jumping with joy. We had already been recognized by a few Nafians and we took pictures with them. I was pulling Matt through the hallways of the airport searching for the gate that we needed to be at. I was running with a purse, a suitcase, and in heels. I know it may seem like something exhausting and painful but it gave me energy, this was something that made me happy because this meant that I was going to see Shawn. Well if I could find the gate.

"Found it!" I shouted as I saw the letter D above one of the gates. Matt chuckled beside me and we made our way over there with the other guys. Now all we had to do was wait, but not for long since it was 5:52am.

** ** ** **

We were now taking off and I was comfortably seated next to Matt and with the biggest grin on my face. I pulled out my phone and went on twitter to tweet. As I went onto twitter I notice that I was really close to 1 million with 986K.

@MaliaIDallas: I am on the plane to Pittsburgh now! So excited to see my little brother @ShawnMendes! I miss you lots can't wait to see you 

Then I sent out a second tweet.

@MaliaIDallas: Also I just noticed I am really close to 1 million, thank you so much for your support I can't believe this is even happening to me! xoxo

Since I was on social media I decided to go on Instagram as well. I leaned over to Matt and put my face into his shoulder and he saw the camera and made a funny face causing me to laugh a little just as I pressed the button. Now I know that you know what I am talking about when the camera catches you in the middle of a laugh and it looks hella artsy, well that is what happened here and I was so happy with my accomplishment. Matt was making fun of me but I just slapped him, gently of course.

I only put the picture in black and white before posting it on Instagram with the caption: we shouldn't be allowed on planes together and then I posted it with Matt tagged in the picture. I was pretty close to 800K on Instagram but I didn't really care. I love my Nafians but the numbers don't mean anything to me. Sure it is nice to know that there are that many people out there supporting me but it isn't a competition. I am just glad that I have the privilege to even get to do this in the first place.

I lay my head on Matt's shoulder in hopes of falling asleep for the approximate four hour plane ride. However I didn't have much luck. I kept readjusting my head on Matt's shoulder and eventually he turned to me.

"You alright?" He asked with raised eyebrows.

"Yeah, just can't sleep," I muttered quietly as I brought my knees to my chest, hugging them. He moved his arm around my shoulders and hugged me closer to him. I smiled to myself at this small act of comfort Matt had performed. I heard someone plop down in the seat next to me and saw that it was Taylor. I smiled at him and moved out from under Matt's arm to talk to him.

"How's it going?" I ask with a look in my eyes that tells Taylor I am referring to Lily.

"Its fine, Matt knows," Taylor shrugs. I let out an exasperated sigh.

"So was I the only one that didn't know about all of it?" I ask in a small amount of frustration.

"Well you're her best friend," Taylor and Matt point out at the same time. I just roll my eyes and shrink into my chair.

"Okay fine you have a good point there," I say giving in. "So do you like her?" I ask and Taylor lets out an exhausted sigh.

"I don't even know, can I even feel that way?" He asks with frustration gleaming in his eyes.

"Yeah. You can't always know how you feel or how to explain it," I say softly to him but my gaze was focused on the bulldog's snout that was on the cover of this week's airplane magazine.

It was quiet. Well it probably wasn't due to the rest of the airplane and its commotion but in my small bubble it was painfully quiet as I continued to stare at the bulldog. I wonder how many whiskers it has, let's count them.

"Malia," I could hear Matt's voice saying my name repeatedly over and over again and I wanted to tell him I was completely fine because I was but I was just too lazy to actually make a move to avert my eyes from the magazine cover.

You know what I mean. When you are just staring at something and eventually it goes a bit blurry but you are too lazy to re-focus your vision so you just ignore the blurriness? Well Matt was playing the blurriness in this sense. You want the blurriness to go away so that your vision is clear again but you can live with it there. Then suddenly something clicked.

I shook my head and sat back up and looked at Matt.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah I was just thinking and then something clicked, or I remembered it or something," I said as I tried to go back into my mind and visualize exactly what I saw/remembered.

"You do that a lot, it's kind of creepy but also kinda cool," Taylor says with a strange grin which only causes me to laugh.

"I don't remember the exact story but the basis was that a college professor invited three students over to his house for tea, or something. The point is they were at his house," I start out.

"Where is this going?" Taylor asks confused.

"If you wouldn't interrupt maybe you would know," I counter. "Okay, so anyways. He brought out nine cups I think it was. Three paper cups, three plain white cups, and three china tea cups. He then allowed them to pick a cup and pour their tea in it. Each of them chose a china tea cup and poured their tea in it," I said with animated hand gestures. Matt and Taylor just looked at me like I was insane, and perhaps I did sound a bit insane. "Then the professor pointed out to the students saying that even though the other cups would have worked just as well to drink their tea from they chose the nicer ones because they felt that they deserved to drink from them. Well maybe not deserve them but the students didn't choose the other cups because everyone wants to have the nicer stuff right? Anyways he goes onto explain that while it is good to have a sense of value for oneself, at the end of the day you need to realize that the objective is to drink your tea, not to drink your tea from the nicest cup," I said with a smile.

"The tea being a metaphor for life pretty much?" Matt asks.

"Yeah I guess so, more like you have to take what life gives you even if it isn't in the way you wanted or expected it," I explain.

"Wow that professor is deep," Taylor says and I chuckle.

"Yes he is," I say.

** ** ** **

We got to Pittsburgh at 2:26pm ET so it was really 11:26am to me. I had gotten a small amount of sleep but most of the time I watched movies with both Matt and Taylor or I was on my phone.

"I am so glad to be off that plane, I can stretch now," I say as I do odd yoga stretches in the middle of the airport.

"You're embarrassing me," Cameron mutters and I laugh.

"I'm sorry does Cameron not like his wittle sister," I say in a teasing manner. You could say I was a bit loopy right now due to my lack of sleep so now I was running on the adrenaline of the fact that we would be seeing Shawn in an hour.

"We should sedate her, she needs the sleep and we need our heads," Lily says just loud enough for me to hear.

"Oh you're just the greatest friend in the world but I know, I probably look drunk right now," I say as I put my arm around her shoulder for some support. At this point I was pretty much just rambling.

"Let's just get to the car first," Gilinsky says and we all make our way to the exit with our bags. When we walk outside the afternoon sun hit my face and I quickly shielded my face and lowered my sunglasses. Give a girl a warning!

Luckily the limousine pulled up in front of us and we got in the car. Immediately I laid my head on Lily and she made no move to push me away.

** ** ** ** **

I woke up in a bed and was blinded once again by the huge amount of white. Am I in Carter's house? No. I looked around and saw that I was in a hotel room. No one else was in the room so I assumed they had all gone to another room. I got up and saw that someone had been nice enough to take off my shoes and sunglasses. I made my way to the door that joined the rooms together and listened first to be sure that I wouldn't barge in on some other people.

When I was sure that it was them I opened the door and walked in.

"Hey guys," I said with a yawn and a tired smile.

"How was your nap?" Nash asks.

"Good?" I answer, I didn't know how to describe it. "How long was I out?" I ask.

"About an hour," Hayes answers.

"Wait! Where is Shawn? Did he come yet?" I ask suddenly extremely excited. I really hope I didn't miss seeing Shawn.

Suddenly I felt two arms wrap around me and pick me up in some sort of hug. At first I panicked but once I turned around I realized it was Shawn.

"SHAWN!" I shouted and jumped into his arms and gave him a huge hug. I felt his chest vibrate as he chuckled.

"Hey Mals, miss me much?" He asked with a smile.

"Don't get too hot headed," I say as he puts me back down. "How long have you been here?" I ask as I sit down with everyone else.

"About 30 minutes," He says.

"How much longer until you have to leave?" I ask.

"Well it's almost 4:30 so probably within the hour, but you guys are all coming with me too," He says.

"Oh yeah that's right," I say.

"Haha you forgot?" Lily chuckled.

"Hey, I just woke up," I say in my defense.

"Yeah I can tell," Lily mutters back with a giggle. I couldn't come up with anything to say back to her so I just stuck my tongue out at her.

"Come on how old are you?" Cameron asks us both.

"Five," We both answer at the same time with a 'duh' sound in our tone which resulted in chuckles from the guys.

"Whatever, but if you wanted to get cleaned up Mals before we leave now would be the time to do it," Cameron said gesturing towards the room. I nod my head, get up, and rush quickly to my suitcase to pull out my hairbrush and make-up.

I had gotten more into make-up recently, not everything just eyeliner and mascara. I reapplied the make-up and brushed my hair out of its messy bun and let it cascade down my back in some loose waves. I walked out of the bathroom and grabbed my black heels I had worn earlier and put them on. Then I grabbed my phone, my wallet, earphones, Chap Stick, and a sweatshirt in case it got colder. I shoved all of that except my phone into my black satchel purse and shoved my phone into my back pocket.

"Alright, let's go!" I say.

I hope you are actually still reading this and I promise it will get interesting pretty soon.

Les Petites Choses means the little things in French.

Much Love

-simplicational's queen

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

574 1 22
After Jinx's parents die in a car accident she is forced to go live with her older brother Hunter. Jinx hasn't seen her older brother in 2 years beca...
535K 10.3K 41
Sabrina Dallas is positive that all Magcon boys only care about themselves. She has always refused to go along with her older brother, Cameron Dallas...
11.7M 230K 95
Highest Rank: #19 First Book: Badly Written!! Read at your own risk LOL! Kaye is Cameron Dallas little sister. What happens when a few of the Magcon...
78.3K 1K 39
Olivia is 18 and lives in L.A., her life thus far has been pretty ordinary, but with some wrong numbers and a text, her life is about to change, is g...