The Monster Under My Bed • Pe...

By gisiadakota

[ COMPLETED ] [BOOK HAS BEEN HEAVILY EDITED & IS UNDERGOING MORE EDITING BC 13 Y/O WRITING IS BAD AND I HATE... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 (for real)
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue

Chapter 36

2.9K 82 181
By gisiadakota

I slowly dropped myself in the boat Pan brought us here in. My breathing was heavy due to the excruciating pain in my chest- where my heart was supposed to be. I lied flat in the boat and practically clawed at my chest, squinting my eyes and writhing around. Then I let out a frustrated screaming noise and sat up, grabbing the ores, untying the rope and pushing off. I was in so much pain from what I was doing, but I had to make it back to the island, to see if any of the Lost Boys could help me.

After what seemed like forever, I made it to the island, and literally crawled my way up the beach. Then I collapsed. I couldn't take it any more and I had to sit. Or rather, lie down. I rolled over on my back and looked up at the sky, staring at the stars. That's when I realized something odd. It was night. I mean, yes it was night when me and Pan went to Skull Rock. But, it was still night. It was always night. Not once had I seen the sun, or the soaring blue sky. All I saw was a deep indigo sea, drowning and snuffing out any light that could potentially break the darkness. The only light being the moon, and the glimmering rays it shone down onto the ocean current to differ the sky from the sea. The Stars being but little specks that provided nothing but the hope that another star- the sun- would come out soon.

I couldn't help but think, however, that if the moon was shining so bright, than where was the sun? The moon only shines because the sun lights it up from the other part of the earth. I put my hand to my temple as I got a ringing pain in my head. Wincing, I knew I had to get up. The Lost Boys were my only hope at this point, I had to get to them no matter how much it hurt.

"Come on Addie, you can do this," I said to myself as I pushed myself off the ground.

Turing to face the forest, I groaned. I had no idea how to get back to the camp. So all I could do was walk, but more like limping than walking. And more like just dragging my feet along than limping. Really I was just dead. I brushed through the trees and walked. I walked over branches and leaves, I walked over roots and puddles, and if you thought I didn't trip and manage to look like an idiot, then I'm not the stupid one here. Then I started to call out.

"HELLOOOOO?!" I yelled, my voice cracking and scratchy. "HELLLLLLLOOOOOOOO!" I screamed once more.

But nothing.

"FINN?"

"CHRIS?"

"JAMES?"

Not.

A.

Thing.

"Screw you," I muttered to myself as I kept walking. But no matter where I turned, I always seemed to be going in a circle. So eventually, I gave up. I sat down in the roots of a tree, resting my aching back against the trunk.

"Why are you giving up?" I heard the familiar voice. My head snapped up and I looked around, but I was alone.

"Hello?" I asked curiously.

"I always saw you as better than this," I heard it again. The voice was like an echo, ringing in my ears, but not actually in my surroundings.

"Don't give up now, princess,"

I gritted my teeth together. If he didn't want me to give up, than giving up is exactly what I'd do.

"You're better than this. It's why I chose you, after all," he said. I rolled my eyes.

"Fuck off," I muttered, getting and and then stretching my back out.

"I'll guide you if it helps," I heard. I whipped around.

"Where the hell are you Pan?!" I yelled.

Silence. All I heard from then on was silence. I just sighed, looking around and then deciding that I didn't want to die out here, or have one of the Lost Boys finding me half alive cuddling up to a tree.

"Fine then," I muttered, starting to walk again, but not very well. I was still in pain, like, a shit ton of pain so I was limping, tripping, and my vision was getting blurry. I then smelt the beautiful scent of burning wood. I ran closer to it, casting aside all pain and anxiety I had been feeling, and then finally reached a brush where I pulled back the branches, and saw all the lost boys in the camp.

Relief ran over me, but just as it did a wave up pain hit me like a goddamn truck. I fell to the ground, and lied there, not being able to bear the pain anymore, taking in one last breath before.

I blacked out.

Edited

A/N: FINALLY A GODDAMN FREAKIN UPDATE!!

Yeah... sorry 😐

Not sorry 🤷‍♀️

SO HERE WE ARE AGAIN IN THE A/N SCREWING AROUND AND WASTING ALL YOUR TIME

HATE ME ALL YOU WANT IT GOES RIGHT OVER MY HEAD K THANKS

ALSO

I forgot whoops

Oh yeah remember now:

THANKS FOR 33.5K READS GUYS IM LOSING MY SHIT HERE

IM MEAN IT FUNNY CAUSE IM TYPING CAPS RN BUT IM ACTUALLY SITTING IN A LOCKER BENCH WITH MY RESTING BITCHFACE SOOOOO

Anyways, I didn't get more than one comment on this so I've decided not to post a book with my art in it :)

Sowwy if you wanted it

Since we hit 30K and went over by 3.5K, I've decided that you guys can choose WHATEVER character you want (that I listed last chapter) and I will reveal who they are irl ;)

Sound fun?

K good

Love y'all whomever you may be!! Xx :D

-R

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 2.9K 37
𝙁𝙖𝙣𝙖𝙖 (𝑛.) 𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑢𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑜𝑓 𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓 𝑖𝑛 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 Little warning, I wrote this when I was like 13 so it's incredibly cringe and def...
10.1K 149 14
A very long time ago, you fell in love with a boy named Malcolm, and he blessed you with a son. Only problem? You're Hecate, goddess of magic, and yo...
27.8K 812 22
(SINGLE BOOK) "You have to be a lost boy to lead a lost boy. And you've got a camp full of them. So that tells me more about you," Celeste shot back...
45.4K 667 43
Ok I'm not good a descriptions and I have other stories if unwanted to read , this may have inappropriate content for some kids . This is the story...