The Country Boy and The City...

By ashmarie123

Daniella Somerton had the perfect life in San Diego. She had billions of friends, everyone's vote for prom qu... More

The Country Boy and The City Girl
The Country Boy and the City Girl
Author's note
The Country Boy and The City Girl
Author's note
The Country Boy and The City Girl
Author's Note
The Country Boy and The City Girl
Aurhor's Note
Author's Note
The Country Boy and The City Girl
Author's Note
The Country Boy and The City Girl
Author's Note
The Country Boy and The City Girl
Author's Note
The Country Boy and The City Girl
Author's Note
The Country Boy and The City Girl
Author's Note
Question?
The Country Boy and The City Girl
The Country Boy and the City Girl
The Country Boy and The City Girl
Author's Note
The Country Boy and the City Girl
Book 2
Her Superman
Jealousy Doesn't Suit You
Author's Note
Driving Miss Danni
The Norm Dorm
Trina Troubles
Every Superman Has a Kryptonite
Turn Down for...Wait, What?
We Can Do This All Night
Don't Get Your Hopes Up
Author's Note
The Final Fallout
Epilogue
Author's Note

The Country Boy and The City Girl

13.3K 282 42
By ashmarie123

Jason's POV

Friday was my birthday...Dang. It really snuck up on me. Where does the time even go? Today, tomorrow, then boom. Birthday. I shook my head and took off my shirt, getting ready to jump into the shower.

Daniella had told me she already had my gift and a surprise, but I honestly had no clue what she was gonna do. Having her was more than enough as far as blessings go, but I'd be lyin' if I told you I wasn't a little excited to see what she had planned. I was eighteen soon. Wow...where does the time go? I stood under the hot steamy water and felt my muscles relax.

As I washed my hair, I thought about what life would be like if my parents were still here again. Would Mom bake me a birthday cake and joke that it was made of love? Would she be Daniella's best friend and embarrass me in front of her with dumb baby pictures? Would my dad be proud of the man I've become? Would he slap me on the back and give a hearty laugh telling me "You did well, son."? My heart ached thinking about everything I wish I could do to get them back... Then I thought about how badly my uncle wanted to be with them again...After I got out and toweled off, I threw on some clothes and did everything else before going out to start the truck. Only one problem.

The truck wouldn't start.

"Crap," I spat out as I kicked the door shut. I didn't have time to try and check under the hood. I had to pick up Daniella and get to school! As if answering my prayers, two tan arms wrapped around me from behind. Daniella...

"Hey you," she smiled sweetly. Just like that, all my anger evaporated within an instant.

"Hey," I answered before kissing her on the cheek. "The truck kicked the can." I frowned.

She mirrored my frown for a moment before returning to facing me. "I'm sorry, Jason...Well, we have my car."

My heartbeat sped up like an engine purring inside my chest. "Your Porsche?" I raised an eager eyebrow.

"Yeah," she tossed me the keys. "You drive." She knew what I wanted before I could even ask. I let out a loud hoot and picked her up, spinning her around.

"Thank you," I kissed her over and over again. "Let's go!"

Daniella's POV

"Lookin' good, San Diego," Owen purred as I came into French and sat down. "You'd look better sitting in my lap in my truck, but you're still playin' games..."

I rolled my eyes for what seemed the billionth time in this class. Owen got more and more suggestive every day. Ugh. I wanted to see him with a giant red hand print on his smug stupid little face....

"Heard about your party. You know I'll be there. What do you say we slip away from Jason for a minute or two? I hear I'm the man to come to for seven minutes in heaven," he grinned.

Ignore him. Ignore him. Ignore him. Ignore him. Ignore him...

"I'm sure you got your new outfit all picked out. Tight short skirt, low cut top, heels so high your legs go on for days..." He made it sound so slutty! I hated him. Ugh...And it was a cocktail dress!...It wasn't even that low cut or short...only a little... "Jason won't have to know. I'm sure you did the same kinda thing with all those San Diego guys. Hot, sweaty-"

"Will you shut the-"

"Mister Owen!" Mrs. Marla screeched. The whole class was shocked to hear her yell at such a high tone or even at all really.

"Yes, ma'am?" he gulped.

She put down her pen and stood up from her desk, slowly making her way over to the back of the class. When she got to me she looked up at Owen and bent down in right in his face, watching as his eyes got wide with fear. "I may not see very well...but I make up for it in hearing, I assure you."

"Mrs. Marla, I-"

"Shut. Up. Owen." I held back a shocked laugh. Such a sweet woman yet so fierce... "You filthy mouthed boys deserve two weeks detention with Ms. Charmichael," she went on. "But, instead, I am going to leave the room for forty five seconds. In the time, Miss Somerton may deal with the issue as she may like. No consequences."

"My mother is high up with the school board. She'll get you fired for this," he hissed hotly. She rolled her eyes and smacked him up side the head.

"I'm old. I could have retired comfortably for years now. Do you think I have anything to lose?" She laughed. "Besides...I'm sure your mother would love to see the security footage of you and Amber in the janitor's closet during first period."

The whole class became quiet. Shots had been fired and Owen was a man down. Without a word from a speechless Owen, she turned on her heels and walked out closing the door behind her. I looked at Owen in his frozen state.

"You were saying?"

"Danni-"

My right fist collided hard with his face, the sharp sound echoing in the dead silent room. Everyone's eyes were on us. Just one hit was all I needed. Just one. Was it the right thing to do necessarily? Nope. Words would have been "better". Did I look like I cared? Nope again. The sleaze bag deserved it. That was that.

With Owen groaning in pain, Mrs. Marla came back in, sat down at her desk, and resumed class as if nothing had happened. I knew I liked that woman. She'd risk her job to stick up for one of her fellow girls. I respected that... Besides, Owen brought it on himself. He wanted attention. He got it.

Jason's POV

"Dude," I grimaced. "What happened to your face?" I asked Owen in the lunch line. He flinched and stumbled over his words.

"It was uh-I fell- but uh-yeah..."

"I know what happened to him!" a brainy freshman piped up. "That new girl, Daniella, sucker punched him in our French 2 class this morning."

"Daniella hit you?" I was shocked for a moment, then smirked. "You let Daniella hit you?" He glared at me through his black eye and picked up a milk carton. "Why'd she hit you?...What did you say to her, dude?!"

"I was just kiddin' around and the chick got hot headed! Alright?!" He didn't say chick, but I told myself he did so I didn't give him another black eye.

"What. Did. You. Say?" I gritted my teeth. If he hurt her, I swear...

"Nothin' man. Just kiddin' around and stupid stuff like that."

I shook my head and let it drop. "Whatever man. Be glad she hit you and not me," I growled. I was going to find out what he said eventually.

"Hey, Jason!" one of the guys at our table called out. "Come here for a sec!" I left my tray and jogged over to them.

"What's up?" I asked. All of their faces became impressed and smug.

"We heard about your girl and Owen today," my buddy, Marcus, grinned. "It's pretty hot not gonna lie."

I shrugged. "He was probably being a douche to deserve it anyway."

"She seemed pretty feisty from the beginning to me," another guy added. "Have you taken her out for a test drive yet?"

"What do you mean?" I shifted on my feet, hoping they weren't talking about what I thought they were.

"Have you gotten any yet? Come on we're your friends you can tell us." another one chimed in. I clenched my fists as I ran a hand through my hair. I was ashamed to call these guys my friends.

"No, I haven't 'gotten any'. Some people actually want other things than just getting physical with a girl." Half of them scoffed while the other half laughed.

"Great joke man."

"You'll probably take her down by your birthday."

"You really had me believin' you were serious for a minute."

"I am serious!" I burned up. "You guys are such tools." They just continued laughing and smirking as I made my way towards the exit. I needed to blow off some steam before I punched someone too.

Obviously, I was a guy. I had thought about that with Daniella before, but I wouldn't act on it. I respected her too much. Not to mention I was raised in church to wait until marriage and wanted that for myself and my wife when the time came. But now? I wouldn't feel right.

I promise I'm not tryin' to be sappy or righteous or any of that crap. I know there has to be other guys out there that feel the same way I do. It just seems like a priority to have. If that makes me weak, wimpy, or a sissy boy virgin, bring it on. Because in the end that sweat will dry, that feeling will go away, and you'll never feel that perfect first moment again. Nobody's perfect, I know that. But it's just the bedding and discarding of girls that makes my blood boil. Sure, it may seem funny now to those guys but when they wipe away the tears of their daughters for that same reason, I guarantee they won't be laughing...

"You lost?" a chirpy voice asked from behind me. I turned to see a girl I barely recognized with long strawberry blonde hair.

"Uh...no?" I replied confused. "Sorry, I don't mean to be rude but...do I know you?" She shook her head and held out her hand.

"Mac. Daniella's friend." Oh, so this was Mac. Got it got it. I shook her hand awkwardly and went back to thinking. To my surprise she came over and sat down beside me, holding an old crappy camera.

"You're not gonna take my picture, are you? Like yearbook crap and stuff?" I groaned dreadfully. She laughed and shook her head.

"Photography session for humanities class," she clarified. "But you are kinda outside in my scenery at the moment and it's kinda ruining the shot if you don't wanna be in it..."

"My bad." I got up and brushed off my jeans. Before I could leave though, Mac grabbed my arm.

"Talk to her, okay? About Owen. It's not exactly the first tussle they've encountered..."

I nodded gratefully and stepped back inside to head to class.

Daniella's POV

"Daniella? Can you come up here for a moment please?"

I looked up at Mr. Nathanael and felt my legs go numb. He had my poem in his hands. "Sure," I squeaked nervously. I awkwardly came to his desk and pulled up a chair. "Whatcha need?"

He looked serious but somewhat pleased. "This poem...Daniella, it's very well written. Very honest and open. Did you really write this?"

I nodded and tried to smile once I could feel my face working again. Shocked. That's all I could describe it as. "Yes. Yes, sir, I did."

"I'd like to submit it to a poetry competition, if I may?"

What?

"I dunno about that. I just only started and I don't think-"

He grabbed a pen and paper, jotting down a website. "Take this. Think about it. If you change your mind: email me. Alrighty?" I nodded shakily and made my way back to my seat. What the heck just happened? My poem? Competition level? I felt eyes on me as I turned around.

Mac was grinning ear to ear with both thumbs up while Amber and her group of minions took turns attempting to melt my face off just by glaring at me. Lovely. Just what I needed. More attention. Ugh.

"I thought Amber's hair was in flames for a moment there," Mac chuckled as we left the classroom.

I took on an Amber-like southern accent and glared at her. "That would be satanic, Mackenna. This how you wanna be talkin' when Jesus comes back? Speaking of spontaneous combustion on our fellow Christians?"

"I'm ashamed! Am I worthy of your redemption, Oh Snobby One?" We both laughed and continued down the hall until Jason came up to us.

"Can we talk?" he asked, looking around at the people passing by. Mac ducked out and headed to class, leaving us alone in the hall.

"Let's talk in class, okay?" I agreed. We had tons of lab notes we were behind on because we couldn't quit flirting the whole class period everyday. His face was very concerned as he nodded and walked with me the rest of the way.

"What's this about?" I asked as I copied the notes from Ms. Charmichael's board. I felt a nervous twist in my gut when I saw his face. What was wrong?

He sighed and his brow came down over his eyes. "What was Owen saying to you to get you to hit him?"

The twisting in my stomach tightened and dropped to my feet. Say goodbye to their friendship. I really didn't want this to get ugly. Maybe I could deny it? "It was nothing..."

"It wasn't nothing! Tell me right now."

I bit my lip and let out the breath I was holding. "He was just being a sexually suggestive douche. Stupid stuff."

"But usually you don't let that get to you. That's not like you, Danni... How many times did he talk to you like that before you snapped?"

"It's over with just drop it-"

"Stop defending him! You were the one who punched him!" he shouted. The whole class was now looking at us and Ms. Charmichael told us to be quiet. Jason ignored her.

"If my girlfriend punches my best friend I want to know why!"

"Excuse me, Ms. Charmichael. May we step out for a minute," I asked. She griped and gave us the hall pass, mumbling some choice words I didn't understand. I yanked Jason's arm as I pulled him outside and into the hall.

"What is wrong with you?" I growled. "Do you always have to make a scene when you get angry? I'm not trying to cause a riot here."

"Why are you lying for him? I know Owen. I know how he gets. But if he's harassing you? I freakin' need to know!" he shouted. His voice echoed down the halls, barking back at us. For a second, I was kinda terrified of him. The fiery look in his eyes made me want to run and hide under a rock, safe from the explosion. He clearly noticed because his features softened as he put his hands on my shoulders. I flinched and his face became hurt, seeing how much I feared his anger. I relaxed as is hands dropped back to his sides and were shoved into his front pockets.

"Why won't you just tell me what he did to you?" he whispered.

I sighed and put my head back against the wall. "I didn't want to ruin your friendship...let alone start a fight. It was my business, my fist, my emotions. It's not your problem."

He stepped closer to me, toe to toe, forehead to forehead, and wrapped his arms around me. "You make me crazy. You already know that...You're right. It isn't my problem. You're my problem." My breath caught in my throat. I listened as he continued on. "You're my problem because anytime someone wants to shake me up...they try and get to you. And I wouldn't know what I'd do if someone hurt you..." He leaned down and I felt his lips gently kiss mine, sweet and savory.

"I he gives you any more trouble... Let me give him the black eye next time." I smiled and nodded as he kissed me another sweet time. I wish we didn't have to go back to class, but we did. I reluctantly opened the door and we went back to our lab table, eyes staring us down in the process.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

327 2 29
Plot: She's just a small town country girl, not thinking her life could change so much, but the love of living wild and free, and in the fast lane, i...
366 52 28
When Summer Write a teenage girl finds herself falling for her childhood best friend Tyler Scott does she tell him or does Summer's future with her...
Campers... By Ellie

Teen Fiction

249 52 18
Daniella believed that perfect romance only existed in books and movies but after a two week summer camp at Harvard high, would a certain someone cha...
6.2K 207 27
Hey guys this is my new story,if you like it vote it,and comment what you think.Follow me too! The name's Daniella but most people call her Danny.She...