You'll Never Know

By SimplyAWriter_D

Broken...A word Alex Mathews never really understood. Alex was always the happy, popular, confidant girl. Tha... More

You'll Never Know
New Home
First Day In Hell
I'll Be There For You
Midnight
Secrets
A Terrifying Discovery
The Obvious
Weird Things
Guess Who's Back
Baby?!
I know you remember me!
My Baby
Out In The Open
Realization
Encounters with the past
A Chance
Explanations
Freak Out
An exhausting day
Not Ready To Make Nice
what I've done
Take Care Of Her
Broken Mate
A New Start
An Alliance
He's Not Sane
Closure

Secret Meeting

77.8K 1.4K 70
By SimplyAWriter_D

I have been away for too long I know but I had major writer's block. This chapter turned out to be completely different than when I started with it. Hope you like it. :D

Vote, Comm, Enjoy :D

========================

Alex's P.O.V.

I woke up in the morning to the feel of someone's arms around me, only this time I didn't freak out, knowing it was Kyle because only he could offer me that sense of safety. I looked up at him and found him awake

"Good morning" he said with a smile and I smiled back

"Good morning"

Kyle looked hesitated before he added "We need to talk Alex, it's important" I frowned in confusion, what could he possibly want to talk to me about '"Do you remember anything about last night? How I ended up beside you?"

"No" I said "Why?"

"Al you had a bad dream and woke up hallucinating, you wouldn't let anyone come near you" I stared in shock at what he said "Eventually I was able to calm you down"

"I-I don't understand"

"You're keeping it all in Alex. What happened to you, you're hiding the effect it had on you and it isn't healthy"

"I'm fine Kyle I-"

"You need to go to  psychiatrist Alex" he said and I froze "It's what's best"

"What?" I yelled getting out of his arms and sitting up "No. I am NOT going to any psychiatrist, I'm not crazy"

"I'm not saying you are Al" Kyle said sitting up as well "But you need it Al, you know you do"

"No I don't. I already told you my parents tried that I didn't say a thing. I wouldn't be comfortable Kyle I won't"

"This won't be one of those psychiatrists who don't listen to their patients, I know the girl she's a friend of mom's and she's really good at what she does" he said

"i don't want to Kyle, end of chapter and please don't talk about it again"

Kyle gave me a stern look "You have to Alex, I'm sorry. Mom and Dad agree with it to. You're going to see a psychiatrist:

"No, Kyle please" I said my eyes watering "Don't make me do this" Kyle looked pained  and wavered for a second 

"No Alex, I'm sorry you need to go. It's what's best for you"

"Why?" I almost yelled "Why are you so stubborn? Why do you care so much? Why is everything with you different? and WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME DO THIS?" 

"Just because" he said "you're my best friend Alex."

"Then don't make me go" I said "If you really care you wouldn't let me go. It wont help me Kyle, I swear it won't"

"You have to try Alex"

"I DID, I swear I did"

"You're going Alex"

"get out" I said solemnly. I obviously had no choice in the matter, it was like my parents all over again.

"Alex I-"

"Get out Kyle, just leave me alone"

Kyle sighed and I didn't bear to look at his face "I'm sorry Alex"  I heard the door close and mumbled "me too"

I groaned and threw myself on the bed, I didn't want to go to school but I also didn't want to stay home. I needed an escape, I needed to talk to someone who knew nothing about what happened to me. I needed something normal, and then it hit me.

I grabbed my phone and dialed the number Cole used to call me, he immediately answered

"Alex" His voice carried excitement "I have to say you are the last person I expected to call me, especially this early. What's up?"

"I'm skipping school" I whispered, remembering Logan's comment about the probability that Kyle could hear from my room "And I was wondering if you could reschedule our...meeting to maybe in about fifteen minutes?"

"Of course" he said "I don't think I would have focused in class at all anyways, I would have been looking forward to seeing you too much"

"I'll meet you at the park" I said before I hung up. I stayed in my pajamas and went down to the kitchen.

"I don't feel like going to school today Susan" I said and Susan looked at me guiltily

"This is about the psychiatrist right? Alex this was my idea I think it would help you" she said and I looke at her solemnly

"It wasn't your right to decide that" I said remembering my parents, they had decided everything for me, when the doctor offered to help in the trauma I had, a group specific to people who went through the same things as me, they declined saying it wasn't a trauma and that I was fine. They only sent me to a psychiatrist because my doctor insisted but when I didn't talk to the grouchy guy they stopped taking me. 

After that they started forcing me to go out with my friends, to parties to 'get me out of the phase I was in' and I'd come home worse than when I left. Nothing was the same, my friends weren't the same and I certainly wasn't the same.

When everyone had left to school and Susan and her husband went to work I got dressed and drove to the park

when I got there, I immediately sat at one of the benches, waiting for Cole, it wasn't long before he arrived.

"Al" he said going in for a hug but I immediately flinched and stepped back, ignoring the hurt look that crossed his features. "i'm gad you came"

"My friend knows where I am" I lied to him "She knows I'm with you so..."

"Yeah I get the hint" he said with a bit of annoyance and then his face softened "I'd never hurt you Al"

"I'm just being careful, Cole. I don't know why Kyle said you were dangerous but he has to have a reason"

Cole nodded and then jerked his head to the side "Walk with me?" I nodded and we started walking with me keeping a safe distance from him.

"So tell me, are you always this...distant with people or is it just me?" he said with a teasing tone but I could hear the curiosity and annoyance in his voice.

"It's not you Cole." I said "I'm just...not good at socializing"

"You were doing fine when I saw you with Kyle the other day" he said and I sighed 

"I don't understand why it's like that with him" I said without looking at him "I'm not understanding anything these days"

"Like what?" Cole asked and I glanced at him, he looked genuinely interested "You sound like you're completely lost"

"I guess you can say it like that" I said "At days, things seem extremely normal ad other days....I have a feeling everyone's hiding something from me, treating me like I'm made of glass and thinking I'm going insane."

"Why would they think that?"

I froze a bit, not wanting to tell him. I hadn't meant to talk so much about myself but that was the thing about Cole that never seemed to change, he gave you that warm feeling that made you feel so comfortable in talking you don't notice you are until you've said everything.

"Lots of reasons" I said and then turned to him with a grin "I see you're still as caring as ever and a great listener too."

"Just with you Al" he said with a wink and then his face softened "I really did miss you, you know"

"I missed you too"

"How was it? After you moved?" Cole asked and I knew he was talking about my parents and my life at school.

"It was..weird. My parents kept taking me to ballet classes and stuff I didn't want to go to. I always had a full schedule and they put me in the most expensive school with the most snobs. At first, I didn't fit. I got bullied a lot too. They were so snobby" I sighed "But then I started dressing like they do and talking like they do and BAM" I snapped my fingers "I became popular. and then I...moved back here"

"Why?"

because my parents gave up I thought to myself but didn't dare say out loud "Because it was what I wanted" I lied and saw him nod "What about you? How was your life after you moved? Why did you move?"

"A lot of problems came up" Cole said, a haunted look  flashing in his eyes "And my family had to move, it was so sudden Al I'm sorry I didn't say goodbye"

"It's alright" I said shrugging "Even though I was pretty devastated at first, I got by" I stopped as we came to the swings and sat on one as he sat on the other, I started swaying while holding both ropes "You still haven't answered my second question. How was life after the move?"

"Different" he stated "Everyone in the pack just acted so different and school was boring. I guess I got used to the routine after a while" He kept on talking but my mind had stopped on one word

"Pack?" I asked and he immediately stopped talking noticing his mistake "What do you mean pack?"

"Nothing" he said evasively and I felt my anger boil up. This was the tip of the ice burg. I was done. I stood up and started walking away "ALEX" I heard him yell as he came after me but I kept on walking.

"Alex wait" he said  and grabbed my arm, I immediately yanked it away  and took a step back "why did you walk away?"

"Because I'm tired of people hiding things from me" I stated my eyes watering"I'm not stupid, everyone is and I'm tired of it. I thought you would be different, I thought maybe you would at least be honest with me since everyone seems to hide something"

"I"m sorry Alex" He said and then determination flashed in his eyes "I'll tell you"

"Tell me what?"

"What I meant" he said and I looked at him hesitantly, he was going to tell me? "But you have to swear not to tell anyone that you know Alex. It's a matter of life and death"

"I won't say anything"

"Okay" he said and motioned for me to follow him, he took me to a secluded place in the park and we stood face to face. He seemed serious but there was fear in his eyes as well. "This is going to sound crazy but you have to keep an open mind"

"Okay" 

"Al" he sighed "Alex I'm a werewolf"

I looked at him in shock and disbelief "You're a ....werewolf?" I said looking at him and then I shook my head. Of course he wouldn't tell me "Nice one Cole. If you don't want to tell me you should have let me leave"

"No Alex, I'm not lying" he said "I. Am. A. Werewolf"

"prove it"

"Fine" he said and stood up looking beyond the park fence and into the woods "Come on" I stood up and walked behind him, knowing I was stupid to follow an almost stranger to the woods but I knew Cole wouldn't hurt me besides, I had nothing to lose.

when we got to the woods he stood in front of me and took his shirt of. My eyes widened and I took a step back ready to run, this was not happening again. "Calm down Alex" Cole said looking hurt "You really think I'd do something to you?"I shrugged and he seemed to get mad. "I'm just going to shift but I need my clothes to stay intact. I nodded, still doubting him. Did he really think he was a werewolf.

I kept my gaze away from his as he took off his shorts and when I looked at him I kept my eyes on his face, not wanting to see anything lower.

"Don't freak out" he said and I nodded "I won't hurt you okay but you shouldn't run"

"I won't" I promised and he nodded and the next second his form started shaking and fur started sprouting on his body. My eyes widened as I suddenly stood in front of a wolf that was huge, taller than me but smaller than Midnight.

Cole was a werewolf. I stated to myself as I found myself suddenly reaching out to him hesitantly. Cole took a step closer and I flinched so he froze. I gathered up my courage and placed my hand on his head, feeling his silky fur. 

I gasped, this was Cole. Cole was werewolf. My previous best friend was a werewolf.

"I-I've seen enough" I said, my voice shaking. "Change back" I turned around as a human form started to form knowing he'd be naked just like he was before he changed. When he was dressed he told me to turn back.

"I guess we need to talk right?" he said, his eyes hopeful as he measured my reaction.

"I-I guess we do"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.3K 1.1K 22
I was the unwanted. I was the broken. I was the girl no one wanted to be friends with. I was the one who kept to myself scared of rejection. I was t...
18.4K 461 22
2013 © Loosing her mother and the hands of her father at a young age Alex grew distant from her classmates. She became, "That Girl" She didn't trust...
194K 3.5K 42
Emma is just like every other teenage girl. She is well known by administrators as well as students at Dalton Highschool and she has always gotten go...
759 54 12
Alex is a fifteen year old boy who had the worst luck in life. He'd witnessed his parents deaths, he was bounced from foster home to foster home, but...