Facade

By MissGurlAlmighty

What hurts the most? Having a sibling who's ashamed of having you as a part of the family? or Being rejecte... More

Facade
Chapter 1~ High School NOT Cool
Chapter 2~ Sibling VS Sibling
Chapter 3~ To Save or to be Saved?
Chapter 4~ Acceptance
Chapter 5~ Happiness
Chapter 6~ The Confession
Chapter 7~ Girl's Day
Chapter 8~ The Time of My Life.. sort of
Chapter 9~ Moment of truth
Chapter 10~ Line Crossed
Chapter 11~ Metamorphosis
Chapter 12: The Biggest Revelation
Chapter 13~The Reunion
Chapter 14~ Facing Reality
Chapter 15~ Unexpected Business
Chapter 17~ Tables Turned, Lesson Learned
Chapter 18~ History Repeats Itself
Chapter 19~ Misplaced Feelings
Chapter 20~ The Wedding (part 1)
Chapter 21~ The Wedding (part 2)
Chapter 22~ The Wedding (part 3)
Chapter 23~ Settlements
Chapter 24~ Departure
Chapter 25~ Beyond the Facade

Chapter 16~ Just Doing my Job, Nothing Personal

139 6 0
By MissGurlAlmighty

It has been a mo week since I last saw Bradley, which I tried so hard to avoid him, and now.. I have no choice but to see him. I just hope he doesn't do something stupid.

Tonight, we'll be having dinner with my family and Chrissy's family so we could be able to talk about the wedding and the after party. I wore a simple black dress, with laced sleeves and a pair of black ankle boots. To complete my simple, but elegant look, I grabbed my black clutch and straightened my hair. 

Ever since the Heathersons and Brad fooled the hell out of me, I started to thank mom for being a straight-haired brunette. If not, I'd be wasting my money trying to dye it every once in a while. 

I didn't bother putting on heavy make up, since I'm not a fan of make up anymore unless I'm in a fashion show. Nude colored lipstick, a bit of eyeliner and some bronze blush did the trick. 

"Don't let Brad get under your skin. Be cool and stay cool." I told myself as I inhaled as much air and exhaled all of it.

"I'm going to rock this night without even thinking about him." I told myself and went outside.

I took my coat and opened the door. To my surprise, Brad was there to assist me. Why would I even need assistance? I can carry my clutch by myself.

"Bradley Will Simpson at your service." He said as he smiled at me.

"I don't need your services. You are dissmissed." I said as I headed towards the elevator. I was going to press the down button but he pressed it for me.

"What's your deal Brad?" I asked him. I'm really pissed off by now.

"As I said, at your service ma'am. No matter what you say, I'll be by your side until the night is over. That's what Sir Elyar told us and what Sir Seth told him." He explained. I sighed and let him do what he's supposed to do.

"ground floor." I told him as he asked me for the floor I wanted to be in.

"ground floor it is." He said as he pushed the "G" button on the wall.

I was in the 10th floor which makes it more awkward and annoying to be with him for a long period of time. He is really getting on my nerves.

"So uhhm.. how have you been?" He asked.

"That's not part of your job so it's best to just shut the hell up until we get to the ground floor." I said as coldly as I could so he would know that he messed up with the wrong girl.

"okay. Here we are. Ma'am." He exagged the last word which offended me but I tried my best to not let it show.

"Are we good to go?" I said as I went behind Seth who jumped when I spoke behind him all of a sudden.

"Well. We are. Brad, drive her to this restaurant." Seth gave Brad a piece of paper. Brad nodded and took Seth's keys and went out to find it in the parking area.

"Why? is he taking me there? I'm supposed to be with my family." I said.

"The problem is, we can't fit in one car." Seth said.

"So I'm the excess?" I told him. I didn't mean to put it that way. I just don't want to be alone with Brad any longer.

"It's not like that. It's just that you're too beautiful and I don't want to ruin your dress. We're going to be fresh tuna in a can if you'd stick with us." Seth tried to compliment me but that didn't work on me.

"nice try but.. fine. I'll go with Brad." I said as I crossed my hands on my chest.

"Thanks Sam. You're the best." He said as Brad honked the car for me to get in. He's been there all along.

"Guess I'll be going now. I'll meet you at the restaurant." I said as I hugged Seth before I go,

I went into the back seat and stayed as silent as I could. I don't want to talk to him right now. The whole trip towards the restaurant was indeed very awkward and silent. Good thing the music was on. I tried my best not to sing with it though. I hated singing. Anything that reminds me of Brad, I hated it. Including singing.

"Hi Tess! Hi Russel! It's a pleasure to see you once again." I said as I approached Chrissy's mom and dad.

We discussed about the wedding during the dinner. I also showed them the designs I have made for them and they all seemed to like it. Iphones could be really handy in these times.

"I wanted Chrissy to be the most beautiful Lady during that day and I can't wait for her to become Mrs. Greene." Her mom said as she shed tears. Tears of joy.

"I'll make sure that she will be the most stunning lady in the world." I told her and we all giggled at the thought of it.

The dinner was filled with laughter and joy as they reminisced the times when they were still in highschool. They just video chatter when Seth was in college though. And they told me they were just friends? Now they're getting married.

"It's been a wonderful night but we need to go home. I'm not that great during nights. I get all sleepy, I might fall asleep on the table." Chrissy's mom said as we all laughed.

"Sure. Let's call it a night." Mom said as we all stood up and were assisted bu our Personal assistants.

"I think mom needs you the most than me." I told Brad as he took my coat. He just gave it to me and went to mom to help her.

"I'll be going to the resort then." I told mom dad and Seth as I went inside the car. Seth and Chrissy will be out partying tonight, enjoying their lives before engaging themselves in marriage.

"Straight to the resort?" Brad asked me and I just nodded. He buckled up and turned the car on. It's really late and I'm really tired. It's a long way back to the resort so I closed my eyes and rested for a while trying to not fall asleep while we're on our way. Unluckily, I fell asleep.

--

After a couple of minutes.. or hours, I woke up still in the car. I looked at the driver's seat, no sign of Brad. Where the hell am I?!

"Brad?! Where the hell are you?!" I shouted as I went outside. He's gonna get it when I see him. I walked around the car only to see him beside the car changing the tire.

"Hey! What's wrong? Why are we stopping?" I asked him.

"The Tire's flat and I need to change it. The nearest Car shop is a 10 kilometers away from here. I called them about 15 minutes ago. They'll be on their way here so all you have to do is wait inside if you don't want to catch a cold out here." Brad instructed me. Did he just instructed me.

"fine." I said and went inside as soon as possible. I don't want to have any closure with him.

He's sure is a creep. He's been looking at me through the wind shield for a while now and that makes me uncomfortable. What if he forces me to give in to him? I don't have the strength of a guy you know! He'll force me to make out with him, I'll be pregnant, I'll have no choice but to marry him and we'll be stuck forever! This is getting out of hand! I need to talk to him right now!

"Hey. why aren't they here yet?" I asked him.

"They're 10 kilometers away from here. remember?" He said. I've had it with his bossiness! 

"fine. You wait them here. I'll walk." I said as I walked away ignoring his shouts. He tried to scare me with his made up story of some kind of man who rapes beautiful women who are all alone walking in the dark. At least he finds me beautiful, right?

"HEY! look out!" He shouted as he hugged me to protect me from bats that flew from I don't know where. I got a scratch from one of them but Bradley got many for protecting me. This will leave a mark. Thank goodness it was just my back, though my dress got ripped.

"Are you okay? I told you we'll wait here." Bradley said as we went inside the car. His hand touched my back which made me gasp. The wound must be pretty deep.

"You're wounded. Let me see." He said but I don't want him to.

"Just please forget that you hate me so I could treat your wound. Just for now." He said rather harshly. I turned my back on him. He took the first aid kit under the driver's seat and started cleaning my wound.

"Don't get me wrong but saving me twice won't make me forgive you." I said as coldly as I could.

"I'm not. I'm just doing my job." He said as he treat my wound. It stings a lot but I managed to ease the pain.

"Why are you like this?" I asked him which only stopped him from treating my wound.

They are stuck! I just hope Sam's going to forgive him. and I hope you liked it!

Sam's dress fortonight on the side bar ------>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

537K 12.4K 29
Julianna is a rather nerdy girl and is bullied because of her weight. And to make everything worst her brother who is unfortunately one of the popula...
1.4K 255 56
What happens when you almost lose everything you had, including your family and friends, just because the person you are does not meet the expectatio...
543K 6.7K 41
Pretend your invisible to everyone around you. How would you feel? Now pretend your invisible to the ones you love the most. That feeling would s...
2.7M 96.2K 61
THEY REJECTED ME and I BECAME SACRED. If only that night didn't come, maybe my family will love me again, maybe I won't see hate and disgust in my p...