A Cinderella for the sheikh

By WaVeSSS

Sequel to Married to a sheikh Can be read separately too. When Ashar Abdullah, the heir of the Abdullah empir... More

A Cinderella for the Sheikh
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
Dedication
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN.
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN.
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY- FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
chapter 32
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
chapter 36
CHAPTER THIRTY- SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
EPILOGUE
A cinderella for the sheikh 2

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

3.5K 299 2
By WaVeSSS

A CINDERELLA FOR THE SHEIKH

Chapter Twenty-Eight

"And what may I ask, is that?" James was bullying the kitchen staff.

As simple as that.

But if James was doing something, then he had a reason to it. I believed.

"What have all of you been up to?" I asked the three guys who kept yawning repeatedly. James was the only one standing. The rest were resting their heads on the kitchen table.

"Other than patrolling the corridors all night, nothing!"

I looked at the guys shocked. Kade must have told them about Sophia's life being in danger.

"No, that's not fair to any of you. The manor is well guided enough. I don't want you guys burdened."

"We are here for the favour you asked for Ashàr and we are going to the best of our abilities,"Dawud remarked.

"We learnt our lesson, though.  Tonight,  we are taking turns to patrol instead of doing it all together." Abdullah retorted. I smiled at the boys, grateful.

"No, I want you to taste it." James' voice was commanding. It clearly conveyed that he was not to be messed with.

Mom, dad, Sophia,Julia and Kade had made way to the kitchen.

Mom looked at James,then at the woman Perry,who I noted was a new staff member.

Mom never spoke to any of her staff strictly but it seemed she trusted James with what he was doing. She didn't intrude. Nor, did she defend.

The woman Perry was trembling.

"I.... it's for the master's sir,how can I taste it?  The woman whimpered.

"The masters won't mind." James gave the woman a cold look.

The woman started to taste all the bowls of porridge one by one. Finally, she said," There,sir."

"You didn't taste the last one," James informed her. The woman's eyes kept darting towards the exit staff door.

"Drink it!" James commanded. James looked around at Abdullah, Dawud and signalled them something I didn't understand. The both of them nodded before strolling towards the exit door and standing there with a smug look.

There was a clatter as Perry took off towards the door. She was shocked to see it guarded.
She next opened the door to the main house when Kate caught her arm and twisted it behind her. The woman let out a wrangled cry.

"Who sent you?" Kade questioned. The other three guys had made way towards her.

"Whom were you going to poison?" James questioned and there was a short collective gasp across the room.

I made way towards Sophia and stood next to her.

"I don't know!" The woman shouted.

"Tell the truth!" James commanded and the woman started to cry. Dad had called the security to take her away for questioning.

" I don't know, I never saw him!" The woman finally retorted.

"He promised to get my son out of jail if I got rid of that woman." She pointed at Sophia who let out a strangled cry. I wrapped my arm around her to support her and she hid her face on my shoulder."

"It must have been Houssam," I exclaimed and the rest of the boys nodded.

"Who else is working with you?" Abdullah questioned.

" No one I know of. I came alone." The woman sobbed.

"Good thing no, the woman can finally accompany her son in prison." Dawud retorted and was met with a glare from the woman. The security then took her away to take out more information from her then hand her to the police.

We all made way to the dining hall, the scene tolling on our minds.

Sophia had now wiped her tears and now had a hard look on her face. If only I knew what was going on inside her head.

Mom had stayed back. Most probably to enquire if there was any more new staff and to get someone else make fresh breakfast.

"I'm sorry, but you will all be eating cereal today." Mom returned with  two women. One who was carrying about eight choice of cereals and the other carrying two flasks of milk,one hot. One cold.

Sophia had lost her appetite. She had two bites of her mango flavoured cereal then excused herself from the table.

"Wait."

I hurriedly finished my breakfast, grabbed my black coffee and then accompanied her to our room.

"Are you alright?" I questioned Sophia.  Eyeing her nervously.

"It's just,he's trying so hard to kill me. I'm afraid and I hate that there are so many people in danger because of me. They are doing so much to keep me safe. It's overwhelming. I have never been so cared for before and I don't want anyone hurt because of me."

A tear dropped from her eyes.

"Hey,listen to me. You are worth it. Everyone who meets you takes a liking to you and my friends are doing me a favour by guarding you. They are very loyal to the kingdom and well I'm sort of the Prince. Not exactly but we are all royal and now that you are married to me you are royal too. The boys are the best of friends anyone could have. I trust them with my life and nothing will happen to them."

Sophia nodded her head then kept her head on my chest as she cried.

"Everything will be alright,you'll see." But I'd recommend you make food for yourself from now or I'll make food for you. Don't have anything someone has made except for those we know and please don't go out of this room when I'm not there."

"Where are you going?" A teary-eyed Sophia looked up questioningly.

"I need to go to the office."

Sophia's face fell and he couldn't place the emotion he found in her eyes. "Till then,you can stay with mom and Julia. You will be safe. The boys will be patrolling again. No one can get to you. "

Sophia nodded her head. Then as if she had just now registered her eyes widened and she instantly left the hold on my shirt and created distance between us.

"I'm sorry about that." She blushed.

"I'm not complaining,you can use me as a pillow anytime." I smiled cheekily at her and she blushed even more. I pulled the door close as I smiled and made my way to the office.

*******************

"Oh look who's here finally." Minho strode into my office.

"You sure have created a buzz. Did you see the newspaper?"

"Why?"

The caption on the newspaper Minho had thrown at me read.

'Ashàr Abdullah married?'

Below was a picture of me and Sophia along with the other's leaving the airport.

"How does this picture say that I am married?" I questioned annoyed.

"Well, they do have accurate news. You are married." Minho grinned.

I threw the newspaper at him and he caught it fluently.

"I need to tell the staff?"

"Yup," Minho was enjoying every bit of this.

I walked out of the office followed by Minho.

I asked Minho to replay my statement on all the floors so he had walked towards the communication section.

Till he returned all eyes were on me.

Minho then handed me a Mike and I tapped to test it.

"As salamun Alaikum and hello everyone. I hope all of you didn't miss me as much as Minho did." The crowd laughed and Minho glared.

"I want to confirm before you hear it from somewhere else that... yes,the news is true. I am now married."

There was applause all around and I was sure every floor where the news was being played was applauding too. Though,I could see some faces that were sad. I wondered why.

"The woman I married is Sophia Edwards." Whispers broke out amongst everyone.

" There is a fake news about A fake Edward heiress but you haven't seen the woman who is the actual heiress in any of the papers. She is even more beautiful than the woman who claims to be her." There was an awwww from the crowd and I smiled.

" I've known her since my childhood and we ended up tying the knot a month back. My family is in a tight spot right now with a fake heiress on the loose.Till I can introduce you to my wife I ask you to remember me and my family in your prayers." With that, I made my way back to the office with Minho tailing me.

"Well not all of them looked pleased."

"Obviously," Retorted Minho.

"Half the woman in the office are in love with you and were hoping that you would fall in love with them somehow and you end up getting married,of course, they are not happy."

I looked stunned and
Minho guffawed.

                        *****************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.2K 3.6K 39
Amal has never met Yasir before but as per her fathers wishes she marries him. Maliakah is going to be an auntie and couldn't be happier. But what ha...
118K 9.5K 62
Mishti Agarwal a stunning, courageously going lady knew she only had herself to blame when her boss approached to her for a favour. You didn't let yo...
Viel Of Deception By edgy3ams

Historical Fiction

892 96 11
In the medieval kingdom of shifting alliances and veiled intentions, Princess Aadhishri unravels a clandestine web of deceit that threatens to shatte...
16K 1.9K 34
She hates royalty but she is royalty. What happens when a misogamist Amatullah is being asked to introduce a husband. Not only only does she have zer...