Study Break // Luke Hemmings

By holyclifford

❝Every time I ran, I ran to you. I meant it every time I said I loved you.❞ More

❀ one ❀
❀ two ❀
❀ three ❀
❀ four ❀
❀ five ❀
❀ six ❀
❀ seven ❀
❀ eight ❀
❀ nine ❀
❀ ten ❀
❀ eleven ❀
❀ twelve ❀
❀ thirteen ❀
❀ fourteen ❀
❀ sixteen ❀
❀ seventeen ❀
❀ eighteen ❀
❀ nineteen ❀
❀ twenty ❀
❀ twenty-one ❀
❀ twenty-two ❀
IMPORTANT ;
❀ twenty-three ❀
❀ twenty-four ❀
❀ twenty-five ❀
❀ twenty-six ❀
❀ twenty-seven ❀
❀ author's note ❀
VERY IMPORTANT ; SEQUEL

❀ fifteen ❀

63.3K 1.9K 1.5K
By holyclifford

Luke's POV

I woke up to the loud alarm blaring through my ears and rubbed my eyes, checking the time. It was 6:45 in the morning, fuck that. I was about to turn in my bed until I felt a body beside me. I looked over at Lilly who was still sound asleep, and smiled. I was so lucky to have her back after being such a complete ass.

I tried to get out of bed, but Lilly's arm draped around me as she groaned. I chuckled lightly and kissed her forehead as I stood back up, walking over to my closet. Today was just not my day, I only had a black t-shirt with black skinny jeans. Today I would be flannel-less. I sighed as I threw my outfit on, glancing every few seconds at Lilly who had now substituted me with a pillow.

After brushing my teeth, I grabbed an oversized jacket that I never wore unless I had nothing else, and walked towards the door. But then, I swiftly turned around and left a kiss on Lilly's head, then walked out the door.

"Morning." My mum said as she sipped on her coffee, reading her newspaper. I mumbled a good morning back to her and grabbed my car keys, jingling them in my hands.

I stepped out into the cold air as I walked towards my car, rushing to get inside for warmth.

When I got to school, people stared at me. I heard whispers here and there, and occasionally heard my name pop up in the conversation, a little too loud. These idiots acted like I couldn't hear them.

In that moment, I wish I couldn't. Because I heard one of John's, one of the popular cliché type of guys, friend say something that really set me off.

"I heard he's dating the psycho girl. Someone texted me she tried to commit suicide." He scoffed as the others stayed silent, now aware I was staring at them.

"What the fuck did you say about her?" I inched closer to the guy as I felt my hands clench into fists.

"Bro, I-I didn't say anything." He put his hands up in defense as he backed up against a wall.

"I swear to god, if I hear you talking about my Lilly like that, I won't hesitate to beat the shit out of you. Watch it." I huffed and walked away. The whispers grew louder, I was such an idiot. I could have just let him keep talking about her, but something in me snapped when I heard him say that. The fact that I called her mine sort of scared me, I knew I didn't own her. I was just naturally possessive. But we weren't even officially dating; I would have to ask soon, before someone beat me to it.

I walked into my homeroom and tossed my backpack onto the desk as I sat down in my cold seat. Everything was cold today, especially my mood. I didn't want to be here. I'd rather be at home, probably making pancakes for Lilly, since that's the only thing I was good at making.

The bell rang, signaling the fifteen minutes of hell had started. The intercom clicked on, and my teacher stared at us intently from his desk, silently pleading for us to listen.

First we did the Pledge of Alliegence, which I didn't give a shit about. I don't get why this country had so much pride and honour, all they did was fight until they got it their way. I thought about that, and it was sort of how I worked.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the microphone dropping onto the floor, causing a loud siren-like noise to flow through the whole school.

"Sorry." I heard someone yell in the background as the microphone was being put back into place.

"Oh my," The principal started. "I am sorry to inform you all that two of our students, Michael Clifford and Francesca Cavallini, are no longer with us anymore. Instead, they will be in our prayers. Their funeral will be this Saturday at the Chicago City Cemetery. Let us have a moment of silence."

The whole classroom fell into a complete silence, and when I turned back to look, everyone had reacted totally differently.

One girl was clutching her heart with her hand, staring at the intercom in shock. I think I saw her with Francesca once or twice, I'm not sure.

One of Michael's friends, who I recognize from the crazy hair, stood up from his seat, and flipped over the damn table.

"Mr. Pierson, I understand you're upset about the situation, but please calm down!" The teacher yelled. The boy's breathing became heavy as he grabbed his backpack, stuck the middle finger at the teacher, and walked out of class. Holy shit.

Others who didn't know either Francesca or Michael just sat there, shifting in their seats. I was one of those people, since I didn't know them well. But I knew how much they meant to Lilly, and it was devestating to see how much she was affected by all of this.

The bell rang to go to our next class, and so I did. I was half way there until I bumped into Ashton, who gave me a faint smile.

"Hey. I'm guessing you heard the announcement?" He questioned, and I tried not to reply with a comment that would make him regret even trying to speak to me in the first place. I settled with replying with a simple nod and he nodded back.

"How's Lilly taking it?" My heart lightened at the mention of her, but dropped right back when I realized I had to talk about her emotions right now.

"Better than before." I muttered and walked past him, into my science class. I turned back and saw him standing there, shaking his head.

I didn't really feel like talking to anyone throughout class. Usually I'd bother the person next to me until he or she requested to move, it was hilarious. But today I just wanted to leave and go home to Lilly.

It seemed like every time I went deep in thought, it was always about Lilly. She had occupied most of my mind twenty four-seven, as cliché as that sounds it was true.

But I guess that's what happens when you're in love.

* * *

Lilly's POV

Waking up to Luke not by my side was pretty disappointing. What was even more disappointing was that instead of Luke, I woke up to a drool-filled pillow next to me; with my drool. I sat upwards and cringed, wiping the saliva off of me as I turned my head to check the time. I must have been really tired, because it was already lunch.

I trudged downstairs to get myself some food, and since Liz was gone too, I found a pink stereo lying around in Luke's room and plugged it in next to the toaster. I rummaged through the pantry to find nothing except cereal. My stomach rumbled and I decided I would have to settle for that.

"And she will be loooooooved," I loudly sang, more like screeched, the lyrics. My voice echoed through the empty house, and I laughed at how I had no talents whatsoever.

"Oh my god, make it stop!" Luke said as he came through the door with both hands covering his ears as he laughed.

"What the hell? School isn't over in like three hours." I stated, wondering why he was here.

"I came early because I got bored. They're so stupid they didn't realize I walked right out of campus during lunch." He explained, laughing at their stupidity. I laughed and hugged him, missing his body next to me. I couldn't even stay away from this boy for more than four hours, this has to be a record.

He hugged back tightly, then squeezed my butt, earning a slight shriek from me as I smacked his chest lightly. He poked out his tongue but I held out my hand.

"If you're going to lick me, I suggest not to. My face has been in too much saliva already."

He seemed perplexed by this statement but didn't question it.

"Man, I missed you so much." He breathed onto my neck, leaving small kisses everywhere. "You were all I could think about, I couldn't even learn the interesting wonders of science without drifting off and thinking about this."

"This?"

"Us, Lilly."

"Luke, what are we anyway? I mean you never asked me to be your girlfriend, so I kinda assumed we weren't--"

"Lilly, will you do me, Lucas Robert Hemmings, the honour of being my girlfriend?" He asked me. My heart fluttered and I silently nodded, then took his face and crashed his lips against mine.

A/N: LULLY ARE TOGETHER WHATTCHEHEYFJDJDJHHD

i wrote this all in the morning at school and people kept passing by me and so i put the brightness at the lowest so people wouldn't see what i was doing ((writing oMFG))

i would die if anyone besides my friends read this fanfic like

how embarrassing

yas omg ok I'll update later again today or maybe this'll be the update for the day bc I'm writing this at 7 in the morning, then posting at 2 because no wifi until then

I don't know why I had the need to tell you about my plans on updating

OH MYGKD A GIRL JUST WALKED UP TO ME AND ALMOST SAW ME WRITING IM XRYING SOHARD

OKAY BYE I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU

P.S. i really love childish gambino and his music does anyone know who he is omg

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 15.9K 141
Preferences about 5 Seconds of Summer. All preferences are mine so please give credit if you take them¡!
2.5K 51 34
"Maybe he left me because he saw me the way I see myself." (Slow Updates)
1.5K 69 17
“I still love you, you know. I never stopped.” michael clifford au
11.1K 473 46
Every time I ran, I ran to you. I meant it every time I said I loved you.