The Breakup Plan •James Potte...

By celestialsea

"You know you're not half bad under the many layers of arrogance." "You are absolutely terrible at compliment... More

❁Author's Notes❁
❁The Break Up Plan❁
❁Characters❁
❁Songs❁
❁Prologue❁
❁Chapter 1❁
❁Chapter 2❁
❁Chapter 3❁
❁Chapter 4❁
❁Chapter 5❁
❁Chapter 6❁
❁Chapter 7❁
❁Chapter 8❁
❁Chapter 9❁
❁Chapter 10❁
❁Chapter 11❁
❁Chapter 12❁
❁Chapter 13❁
❁Chapter 14❁
❁Chapter 15❁
❁Chapter 16❁
❁Chapter 17❁
❁Chapter 18❁
❁Chapter 19❁
❁Chapter 20❁
❁Chapter 21❁
❁Chapter 22❁
❁Chapter 23❁
❁Chapter 24❁
❁Chapter 25❁
❁Chapter 26❁
❁Chapter 27❁
❁Chapter 28❁
❁Chapter 29❁
❁Chapter 30❁
❁Chapter 31❁
❁Chapter 32❁
❁Chapter 33❁
❁Chapter 34❁
❁Chapter 35❁
❁Chapter 36❁
❁Chapter 37❁
❁Chapter 38❁
❁Chapter 39❁
❁Chapter 40❁
❁Chapter 41❁
❁Chapter 42❁
❁Chapter 43❁
❁Chapter 44❁
❁Chapter 45❁
❁Chapter 47❁
❁Chapter 48❁
❁Chapter 49❁
❁Chapter 50❁

❁Chapter 46❁

6.5K 272 130
By celestialsea

Chapter 46

"Your house is lovely," Nora smiled widely as she exited the car with Remus at the other side, coming around and throwing his arm over her shoulder, a grin on his lips as he took in the home that he had missed terribly. It wasn't huge, it was rather small in fact, maybe an average size for a house just outside of a village.

It was two stories, with three bedrooms - which was lucky for them, they couldn't believe their luck - the garden was Hope's pride and joy, she decorated it perfectly, with bright flowers, "like your bright personality, love," Lyall would say as he would pass her working, a smile wide on his lips whilst he was heading to work and she would spend her time in the garden.

He'd wander over to her, cheeky grin and all decorating his lips as her laugh filled the garden, and as she lifted her head to talk to him would he catch her off guard with a sloppy kiss, her face in his hands, not a care in the world that his shoes where dirty from the mud around him, and that one moment spend with his wife would set him off for the day with the biggest smile, and the warmest heart.

"Want to see your room, Nora?" asked Remus, watching her head snap to him, mouth parted, eyes wide, thinking that he was joking, "course you do, come on!"

"W-wait," she stopped him, grabbed his arm to pull him back, "I have my own room?!"

"Course you do, it's your house too, now!" Remus grinned, finally pulling her along as Hope and Lyall watched with wide smiles adorned on their lips, hands holding each other's, sharing a look as they watched their son, he was never this happy when he came home, of course happy to see his family again, but this was different, he was brighter, he had his cousin with him now, summers would be funner.

"I can't believe it," she whispered, allowing him to pull her along, her eyes trailing over the multiple flowers that decorated the garden, roses of all colour, hydrangeas, Lilies, Daisies, tulips, sunflowers, there was everything, some flowers hadn't bloomed yet, and some where thriving, Nora couldn't wait to get pictures of everything with her camera, she was so excited for it, she was so excited for summer, for now.

Remus opened the door of the home, pulling Nora with him, and soon did warmth engulf them, even in the dull house was it emitting with warmth, and natural sunlight pouring through the windows into the open space of the living room that they walked into. Nora almost laughed at the difference between this home and her parents' home.

This one, whilst bright, airy, sunny, was homey, cosy, the fireplace was wide in the living room and around it where very comfortable looking couches, taking up most of the space in the living room, "mum likes lots of seats, for guests, y'know," Remus shrugged, shaking his head as he done so, "not like we have many people over though."

"It's wonderful," Nora whispered nonetheless, allowing Remus to pull her upstairs, knowing she could explore the rest of the house in time to come. She looked at the pictures framed on the wall leading upstairs, pictures of Remus when he was younger, and ones of Hope and Lyall.

She stopped as she walked, a picture caught her eye, it was her.

She was with Elijah, and a baby Remus, the three of them merely infants crowded together in the garden that Nora had just seen, it was lovely, beautiful, the three of them where clearly oblivious to the camera held by someone unknown, but they were smiling widely, happily, they were content in the company of each other.

"I didn't know it was you," whispered Remus as he stood beside her, leaning his arm on her head, but she didn't mind, she was too fixated on the picture, eyes glazed with tears, a smile on her lips, seeing Elijah, even as a baby, but seeing him, it had an effect on her, she missed him terribly, she knew that if he was here today, if he was her amidst the pain she had been through this year then he would have killed Caden with his bare hands.

But he would tease her mercilessly, protect her, the over protective big brother role, he would win awards if there were any, he would disapprove of James, well at first, but then seeing how happy he made Nora, how much he cared for her, he would be already, maybe roll his eyes once or twist, grumble under his breath, but he would know that James was a nice lad, he would approve of him finally.

He was looking down on her now, smiling, "that's my sister," he would whisper proudly if he could, but instead he's just thankful, thankful that she is safe.

"Ready to see your room, Nora?" asked Remus, nudging her ever so slightly, bringing her from her daze, and soon did she nod, climbing the rest of the stairs, wiping her eyes as she done so to rid the tears that almost once spilled.

She took a deep breath as Remus opened the last door to the hall, the room that was once filled with boxes and storage, now completely transformed into a room fit for a teenage girl, it was painted yellow, a colour Remus had found out was her favourite, a summery type of yellow, that brightened the room, it was beautiful.

The floors where wood, and a large bed stood proudly in the middle, in front of a large window that engulfed the room in sunlight, Nora loved it. there were posters on the wall, of famous wizards, famous muggles, bands, the lot, she even saw one of The Beatles, "Adria got her dad to mail it," Remus spoke when he saw her staring at it, "it was in her room."

"You're all bloody mental," Nora whispered, shaking her head, wiping her tears that spilled once again, it was a perfect size, with two windows, one which contained a window seat and beside it was a bookshelf, on the other wall was a wardrobe for her to unpack her trunk, and she almost gasped as she walked right into the room, standing in the middle, looking at the wall which situated the door.

A large poster of the world, a world map stuck to the wall, "for your adventures," Remus whispered, moving forward to the dresser that sat in front of it, and soon did he pick up a pin from a small tub, sticking it into the map where France was, more specifically, Paris, and soon did he stick the pin to the map.

"It's amazing," she choked out, her eyes wide with happiness, gratefulness, she didn't know what to think, she was too shocked. She wished for her records at her parents' house, but she could get new ones, find a job, get a record player, start a new collection, possibilities where endless, she was so happy, nothing could bring her down.

"Why are you crying?" laughed Remus, throwing his arm around her in a hug as she sobbed into his chest, her arms around her cousin's waist.

"I'm just so happy!"

-

"The village is lovely," Nora smiled as they finally reached the small village, a grin on her lips and hands shoved into the cardigan that she had stolen from Remus. Her backpack hung over her back with necessities she needed for any adventure, even just exploring a new village with her cousin, she was sure she would need it.

"Oh, there's basically nothing," Remus scoffed, shaking his head, "there's a train station, though," he smirked, nudging her as she laughed.

"There's also a cute girl smiling at you," Nora teased, subtly nudging her head in the direction of a girl standing outside of a shop, her hand lifted as though to wave but seeing Nora, she was discouraged.

Remus sighed as he turned to look, waving at the girl, who in turn waved back furiously, "barley know her, works at the shop."

"Looks eager to see you, come on, let's say hi!" Nora grinned, pulling Remus' arm.

"Nora- no!" he stopped suddenly as they reached her, a forced smile on his lips as he stumbled to a stop, "hi Elena."

"Remus!" she stumbled over his name, her eyes bright and her hands shoved in her pockets, "hi, I didn't know you where home!"

"Just got home last week," Remus shrugged, an awkward smile taking over his lips as he balanced on the balls of his feet, "how are you, Elena?"

"Good!" she exclaimed, nodding her head frantically, "I- uh, I missed you, actually, village is a bit boring without you."

"Oh, well," Remus trailed off, "schools tough."

Her face fell when she realised he ignored her - somewhat - compliment, sending a polite smile in Nora's direction, who mimicked it with a wave, "who's this?"

"I'm Nora," Nora spoke, "his cousin."

"Oh!" she grinned, "I see the resemblance, it's the hair!"

"We get that a lot," Nora chuckled.

"Well, actually, Remus," Elena trailed off, taking a deep breath, "I was wondering, if maybe you'd like to um, go out with me, maybe? Could go into town or something?"

Remus bit his lip, he didn't want to hurt Elena's feelings, but he really didn't like her that way, she was nice, somewhat, but she did have a dark side, if she didn't get her way, then she would go mad, and he had witnessed it, he just hoped she could take rejection, there was also the added factor that he was head over heels for someone already.

"Oh, um," Remus sighed, "sorry, Elena, but I actually have a girlfriend, um, at the boarding school."

Nora turned to him suddenly, eyebrows furrowed, a pretty girl had just asked him out and he had completely rejected her, "um, alright, what's her name?" asked Elena, her eyes darkening as she put her hand on her hip.

"Blair," he blurted it out before he could stop himself, it just rolled off of his tongue as though it was supposed to, as though it was true, like he wished it was.

"Blair, huh?" Elena repeated, her mood changing, rolling her eyes, "hmm, well, she must not be a good girlfriend if she hasn't visited you."

Nora bit her lip, wide eyed that the girl who was once nice and happy was acting terrible, but Remus, calmly shrugged his shoulders, "well I'd rather her never visiting than you at all."

And with that, Remus pulled on Nora's arm, pulling her away from the girl left shocked in front of the shop.

"Merlin, Remus," Nora scoffed, her eyebrow raised, "bloody hell, she wasn't nice!"

"She has two sides, nice, well, more like fake, and well, her," Remus chuckled, shaking his head, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his denim jacket.

"So," Nora trailed off, a wide smirk on her lips, "you and Blair, huh?"

"I just said that so she would piss off," Remus grumbled, although his flushed cheeks told another story.

"Admit it Remus," Nora giggled, "you loveee her!"

"I do not!"

"You so do!" Nora exclaimed, "merlin just ask her out, I know she wants you too!"

"She does not!"

"Oh, she so does!" Nora shouted, wide eyed, "are you serious- don't dare," she warmed when he went to cut her off with the terrible pun, "she wants you, and you want her, merlin you're the only one who sees differently!"

"Why would she want someone like me when she can have anyone she wants?!" Remus huffed, "she is princess and I'm a monster."

"You are not a monster, Remus Lupin, you are a wonderful human being, my cousin, and my best friend, and as both of those things I can tell you confidently that whilst she is a princess, you're her prince and she would be lucky to have someone like you!"

"You don't mean that-"

"Yes, I do!" Nora shrieked, "bloody hell Remus, how are you so smart, but also so stupid?"

"It's a talent."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

310K 9.1K 80
Sequel to The Fifth Marauder! Please read it or else you probably won't understand this story.
3.4M 118K 65
[ EDITING] James Potter was a skilled and talented wizard, his name a renowned one amongst Hogwarts students. Many knew him because of...
151 6 5
When academic rivals Remus Lupin and Jovina St. James have to try everything they can to be better than each other. - Academic rivals to frienemies w...
752K 21.7K 33
For the first time in his life, Remus J. Lupin can't seem to get into a good book. Why? Because everytime his eyes go down to the pages, he finds him...