VALERIE

Bởi zylgnagnaba

Valerie Scott and Harry Styles are forced by the Modest! Management to live together and pretend that they're... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1: Expect the Worst
Chapter 2: The Show Starts in 5, 4, 3, 2, Action!
Chapter 3: Break a Leg!
Chapter 4: Retrieval Operation
Chapter 5: The Remedy Causing Dilemma
Chapter 6: Cat and Mouse
Chapter 7: The Unaccustomed Book
Chapter 8: End of May
Chapter 9: Lost in Paradise
Chapter 10: Splash of Foolishness
Chapter 11:Laugh Out Loud
Chapter 12: I Don't Like You At All
Chapter 13:Goodbye,Paradise!
Chapter 14: Cherishing Cheshire
Chapter 15: Mixed Thoughts and Emotions
Chapter 16: Virtual Loving
Chapter 17: Just a Kiss
Chapter 18: The Vow
Chapter 19: Worst Day Ever
Chapter 20: Dark Valerie
Did You Know That ...
HAHAHA xD
Chapter 21: LA Love Story
Chapter 21.1: TAKEN
Chapter 21.2: Mean
Chapter 21.3: Devious Love Birds
Chapter 21.4: The Villain in Me
Chapter 21.5: Here Comes Trouble
Chapter 22: Cake for Thought
Chapter 23: Lies and Celebration
Chapter 24: Almost... Almost!
Chapter 25: Fist of Fury
PLEASE READ! THIS IS IMPORTANT! TYSM
Chapter 26: Melancholic September
Chapter 26.1: I love you, Harry...
Chapter 26.2: Compromise
Chapter 26.3: Strike One
Chapter 26.4: Kryptonite
Chapter 26.5: Under the Sheets
Chapter 26.7: Strike Three
Chapter 26.8: Strike Four
Chapter 26.9: Homerun
Chapter 27: Vicissitude
Post Interview Questions here!
Chapter 28: Autumn Feels
Chapter 29: Say It Again
Chapter 30: PDA
Chapter 31: Who's Gail?
Chapter 32: The Disclosed Reality
Some sort of review...
Chapter 33: Lovestrucked
Chapter 34: When in Milan
Chapter 35: When in Milan 2
Chapter 36: Home
Chapter 37: Dance for You (Repost)
Chapter 38: Up and Down
Chapter 39: Don't read this! OMG
Chapter 40: New Beginning
EPILOGUE
Casts, Credits, and A/N :')
Important! Please READ. :')
The Next Books...

Chapter 26.6: Strike Two

2.8K 77 24
Bởi zylgnagnaba

 Copyright © zylgnagnaba 2013

VALERIE’s POV

Three days passed after Niall’s birthday, he still is in Ireland while the rest of us went back to our normal routine here in London. I attended the Guess magazine launch yesterday, and everything was just heavy and overwhelming. The attention drawn to me was just doubled now that I’m in the cover of one of the hugest magazine label in the international scene. Not that I care, but along with this success comes Dana’s envious wrath. I could feel it even at a distance when she attended the launch. She was just at the corner, trying to be unnoticed because the gossip is out. She sabotaged me.

The boys are recording for their next album despite Niall’s absence. He’ll be back in two days though, I guess. That’s what I’ve heard from Harry.

Harry. I love him and every day I get to spend with him, my feelings just grow over the ceiling. I’ve wanted to tell him so bad how I feel about him, since my first attempt failed when Zayn decided to cut me off by throwing himself at us in the couch. But every time the time is perfect, my tongue gets tied and surrenders to the tip of my throat. I don’t know if it’s the ego or fear of rejection, or maybe both. There are too many considerations if I ever tell him what I feel for him. What if he doesn’t love me back? Everything will just be plain awkward since we’re living in the same house, sleeping in the same room, and I wouldn’t know how to deal with that.

And if he does love me, it’s good because we don’t have to pretend anymore. But what will the management think? Ugh! I’m really torn.

I am dragged out of my train of thoughts when Eleanor pulls up to a drive. I haven’t noticed that we are already at the restaurant until she kills the engine of her newly-fixed car. At the start of the drive, I am a bit hesitant to climb in reminding myself that I just had crashed it days ago. The wreck wasn’t serious, I just smashed the headlights against the lamppost but I am still feeling guilty about it.  We, the girls – except Perrie who’s back on tour with Little Mix—are having dinner with Sophia before she bounds back to Wolverhampton tomorrow. I’m glad I could get rid of her for at least a few weeks. She never attempted a chat with me after we had that confrontation in the holiday home, and I am also surprised that I haven’t heard a word from Liam about it. I’m guessing she never told him, but I don’t care.

The tall tinted glass door is opened by a well-groomed valet as we approach it and he greets us with a quick nod and a picture-perfect smile. We reply with a beam before heading to the lady receptionist behind the counter. The restaurant is not that expensive, not that cheap either. I can tell by the way they set-up the tables and how everything is organized, just the way I like restaurants ever since.  I have serious allergic reaction towards classic restaurants; they just don’t suit my personality.

“Reservation for Miss Calder?” Eleanor informs the lady receptionist. Her black hair is pulled up to a ponytail, her face is white and her lips are bloody red, she looked like she just sucked all the blood out of the pale valet who welcomed our entrance at the door few seconds before. But despite that, she’s pretty—too pretty to become a vampire.

She grins at us and her bleach white teeth that glimmer at us blinded me. Nope, I was just exaggerating.

“Yes, Ma’am. Your companion is already waiting for you at table 9.” The receptionist informs us as she motions her hand to the direction of the booth few more tables away from where we are standing. Sure enough, Sophia is already there waiting for us.

Eleanor curtly nods at her and grabs the two menus that the lady was handing to us. I heave the strap of my bag further in my shoulder as we approach closer to the booth where the brown-haired girl is sitting. She’s grinning at us, Eleanor reciprocated a sweet smile and I just roll my eyes a bit making her smile dwindle by the second. Eleanor grabs my hand quickly and she walks faster to the table and I follow drudgingly.

“Hey, how are you Sophia?” Eleanor greets her with kisses on both cheek but I immediately sit on one of the chairs, not totally enthralled with the idea of having all girls dinner with her.

“I’m good.” Sophia replies and both of them finally sit on their respective chairs. Eleanor is next to me and Sophia is across from us. There is one vacant seat on the booth, that’s supposed to be occupied by another one.

“So, what did you do today?” Eleanor asks her as all three of us start to scan the menus of the restaurant. Her eyes move from the top of the menu to the bottom and she glances at Sophia. I focus on my own, not even giving importance to what Sophia might answer. I can literally eat everything in here—everything sounds enticing.

“Well, Liam and I went to the zoo in the morning and we grab lunch together before he headed to the studio.” I hear her say and I mutter a ‘classic’ to myself, rolling my eyes.

“Great. So did you enjoy the zoo?” Eleanor asks her again, placing the menu on the table in front of her.

Of course, she did. She saw her relatives, didn’t she? I thought to myself and I don’t mean to chuckle audibly, which made them look at me incredulously.

Sophia doesn’t mind me and she turns her head to answer El, “Yes, I did.” She smiles at her.

Thought so. I chuckle again, quietly this time.

Shortly after, a waiter approaches our table and asks for our orders. He takes note of everything on his small pad and leaves after ensuring he got them all jotted down on his pad.

The two girls continue chatting while waiting for our orders without minding my silence, but El glances at me once in every while and I smile to ensure her that I’m fine. I just cast down my head on to my lap, scrolling through my phone, replying to some texts and e-mails.

“Danielle?” I hear Eleanor say with a surprised tone before I snap my head and trail her sight to the curly brunette who is now approaching our booth. I grin at her immediately and stand up next to Eleanor. She steps out of the booth to the centre aisle and pulls Danielle in a tight embrace. “Oh my gosh, Dani! I can’t believe you’re here.” El hails at Danielle and I walk around my chair to approach the two hugging girls. Danielle grins at me after pulling away from El, stretching her arms forth in front of me and I walk forward to crash her with an embrace too.

“I missed you so much.” I tell her as I squeeze her against me, sniffing her lavender scent cologne.

“I must say,” She says as we both pull away, our hands are still on each other’s shoulders, “I missed you too, sweetie.” And we both laugh.

“Come on, Dani. Sit.” Eleanor pursues as she sits down on her previous seat. I tug Dani’s hand and guide her to the chair next to Sophia, whom I can only guess is beginning to feel awkward with the current situation. I mentally smirk at the thought. To think, I was the one who invited Danielle over and I’m just so lucky that she isn’t busy when I texted her before we came here.

“Dani,” I stare at her and motion my hand to Sophia. “This is Sophia. Sophia, this is Danielle.” I glance at Sophia and point my hand to the girl standing next to me. They both smile at each other—Sophia awkwardly grins at Danielle, barely able to meet her eyes while Danielle wears a confident smile as she sits next to her. They both shake hands and I now go back to my chair.

I feel a pair of piercing brown eyes staring at the side of my head but I ignore it. I know Eleanor thinks I invited Danielle over, and she knows I did it to make Sophia feel awkward throughout her last evening before she goes back home. Bingo!

I call the waiter back to our booth to chase Danielle’s order and my enthusiasm kicks back in. I start talking while still waiting for our orders, asking Sophia now and then and comparing her responses to Danielle.

I smile at myself for witnessing Sophia being caught unprepared with the situation—for meeting Liam’s ex-girlfriend. She starts being conscious with her movements in the table, clearing her throat and choking with her words. On the other hand, Dani keeps her cool, smiling at us and I’m surprised that she’s grown comfortable around Sophia—smacking her arms playfully and giggling with her.

As our orders have finally arrived after 32 long years, we start devouring them immediately while continuing our chat. Everything runs smoothly which was a bit surprising. I must admit, this dinner didn’t go quite well as I planned it. Sophia is now relaxed with Danielle too. It wasn’t too hard, really. Dani’s a fun person to hang with, friendly, and loving. That’s why I love her, that’s why she deserves to be with Liam greater than Sophia do.

Eleanor doesn’t say a single word to me as we head out of the restaurant. She looks straight ahead, not taking full glance at me and I am well aware of the reason why. I decide to zip my mouth as well and I watch as Sophia proceeds to the lot where Liam has parked his car with a driver—since he can’t drive.

I cringe as Sophia pecks his lips long enough for me to look away and stare at Danielle on my other side, she is smiling at them. What? Why?

Liam waves at us and I see his eyes widen a bit at the recognition of the kinky girl on my side. I motion to approach them, hooking my arms with Danielle’s and the three of us walk towards them. Sophia is now entwined with Liam, smiling at us—me, not included because she’s still avoiding my gaze—as she stands on his side.

Sophia instinctively repels from him as we get closer, still smiling. I can’t believe this.

“Danielle. Hi!” Liam breathes, grinning at his ex-girlfriend and they both hug.

“How are you?” She asks sweetly with her hands still clasped on his waist. I am truly happy that they are still friends. Eleanor and I continue watching them at the side, I in amazement and Eleanor’s expression is still as bleak as earlier.

“Great. How’s Loki?” Great. They’re talking about their precious dog. They now completely pull away from each other and Sophia claims her territory by standing next to him again. I don’t think she meant doing that, though I am a bit irritated for her interruption with the Payzer moment.

“Missing you. As promised, I will send Loki to you by the end of the week.” She smiles and I feel giddy inside, grinning at their conversation. I feel Eleanor glance at me incredulously but she quickly look away when I almost catch up with her gaze.

“No need. I’ll just pick him up at your studio, yeah?” He suggests casually and she nods with an ‘okay’. He now turns to Sophia, kisses her on the cheek right in front of us and I cringe again. “So did you enjoy your dinner?”

“Yes, actually. It was nice meeting Dani finally.” She tells him. I mentally glare daggers at her after hearing her call Danielle by her nickname. So, they’re that close now?

******

The drive back to my and Harry’s flat is drenched in silence. Eleanor doesn’t even bother to talk to me, or even look at me. I feel like she’s disgusted with my existence. I really can’t stand it when she doesn’t talk to me like this—when we’re in a closed space or in the same room. I know deep down inside I did something wrong so I don’t push her to talk to me. I just slump in my seat, leaning my head against the headrest waiting until we reach home.

She then pulls up to a familiar lot, killing the engine of her car. The light in our flat is on, that means Harry’s home already. Eleanor is still not talking; neither manages to look at me. If only her silence isn’t killing me already, I wouldn’t even have the courage to crack the silence.

“El?” My brows furrow as I turn on my seat to look at her, but she refuses to meet my gaze and look straight ahead instead. It’s like she doesn’t hear me at all. “El, what’s up with the silent treatment?” I ask her though I already know the answer. I am still playing ignorant like I haven’t done wrong.

I wait for her to speak but she doesn’t give out a word, not a sound. I slouch on my seat again, throwing my head on the headrest and burst a downhearted sigh.

“El, you’re not going to talk to me, like ever?” I turn my head to her without detaching the back of my head from the headrest. I am frowning as I look at her face through the rear view mirror.

“I refuse to say something I’ll regret later.” She pipes up monotonously without looking back at me. Her hands are still clasped on to the steering wheel as she stares at a blank space.

I quickly sit up, turning my body to her side. My eyes bore into her, shaking my head a bit. “Just say it. It’s better than not talking to me at all.” I beg.

At my word, she finally looks at me the way I’ve never seen her before. Her brown eyes are framed with crossed brows and her forehead creases as she looks at me with an upset expression. She’s mad at me. I’ve never seen her mad before and I know this time, I crossed the line without even hearing her words yet.

“I can’t believe you’d do that, Valerie! How could you?” She raises her tone at me this time and I am taken aback. I cast my head down looking at my lap like a scolded child caught stealing a cookie from the cookie jar. “I know you don’t like Sophia but how could you go behind our back, my back,” She spits correcting herself. “… and invite Danielle?! You knew I wouldn’t approve of that because I know Sophia would feel awkward around Dani, but still you did it!” She shakes her head in frustration and look away from me and beyond the front of the car. “I can’t believe you’d stoop that low just to make Sophia feel bad, Valerie. I don’t believe you right now. I feel betrayed, but I am not concerned with what I feel. I’m worried about Sophia. I hope she’s alright.” She tells me but I can tell that her mind is wandering until she can see Sophia’s image in her head. I know she didn’t like what she saw because she slowly shakes her head at the end.

“But it all ended okay, right? She and Dani got along well.” I point out with a low voice. I look at her expectantly this time for her to realize that what I did turned out to have a good result.

“The end does not justify the means, Valerie!” She snaps. I’m used to a fun and caring Eleanor, not this one. I guess I really did cross the line this time, I admit it. “Sure, they did get along well at the end but let’s not forget your motives and how you did it. Need I say more, Valerie?”

“No. I clearly understand.” I tell her meekly and glumly shake my head. “I guess I have to go now, El. Harry’s waiting for me.” My energy is drained for me to even have the strength to open the door because of the confrontation.  But I manage to push the door open and climb out of Eleanor’s car. “I’m sorry, El.” I tell her.

“Apologize to Sophia. You owe her that.” She says monotonously, not even bothered to look my way. I didn’t say another thing, rather I just slam the door shut and walk up to our flat still upset with myself. My mind is reeling around Eleanor’s words while I was still inside her car. Should I really apologize to Sophia?

*******

YES, VALERIE! APOLOGIZE, YOU STUPID WITCH! xxD

I know, I know, what Valerie did was hateful. Argh! I’ve experienced it before. My friend set me up to meet with my then boyfriend’s ex-girlfriend. I was really caught off-guard. My friend didn’t even bother to tell me to dress nicely because I thought we’re just going on a usual stroll around the mall, and there I met the girl, with a make-up on, on her jeans and ironed blouse, while I looked like a freaking beggar with my ragged shirt and ripped jeans. Wtf?! I was even sweating at that time because we’re just through practicing some songs. My friend just pulled me out of the rehearsal for that damned reason. Shocks!

But my friend doesn’t hate me. She was just plain stupid. She thought I’d appreciate it. I can’t even begin to tell you how stupid she is because her stupidity is over the solar system. Hahah

Now, my friend is dead. Joke! She’s ALIVE and she just celebrated her 19th birthday on the 22nd of February. I didn’t greet her though. I just forgot. LOL

Please, guys do your part after reading this story.

Just vote and comment because… because… Please???

Love,

Glyz <3

PS: Dedicated to hmulder14! Thanks for the votes and comments, dear!

And guys, read her book ‘The Unknown Lover’, it’s really nice. :’)

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

112K 7.4K 100
"Louis. You're my guardian angel. You saved my life." I say shakily. My voice is unstable and I can't even recognize it anymore. I squeeze his soft w...
237K 4.2K 45
Harry Styles, a quite cheeky and charming lad, was living the dream with his fellow band mates. But on one unfortunate day, he had to make the most h...
88.8K 1.3K 17
Bella Campbell is your average country girl. She lives on a barn with her twin brother Luke and little sister Cameron. Her mother is always on edge w...
7.4K 167 7
**COMPLETE** Louis is picked to appear on Love Island when a friend signs him up. He is pessimistic about the whole situation. That is until he meets...