tough luck :: josuke x reader

By peachbois

"I want you, I don't know if I need you, but Ooh, I'd die to find out." (Female Insert) (1K achieved 5.10.17... More

-1 :: prologue
1 :: a challenger appears
2 :: milk and fistfights
3 :: ...jealous?
4 :: seeing double
5 :: a little obsessive
6 :: shocking! (pt. 1)
7 :: shocking! (part 2)
8 :: story material
9 :: pull me closer
11 :: swimming in it
12 :: a rival group
13 :: gone without a trace (pt. 1)
14 :: gone without a trace (pt. 2)
15 :: we meet again
16 :: if you fail...
17 :: ...try, try again
18 :: a sorta-kinda break-in
19 :: invaders from beyond
20 :: isn't this illegal?!
21 :: gomennasai
22 :: the final piece of the puzzle (part 1)
23 :: the final piece of the puzzle (part 2)
24 :: the final piece of the puzzle (part 3)
25 :: THE WORLD's final curtain
26 :: thank you, morioh-cho
a little bit about "tough luck"
BONUS CHAPTER :: the aftermath
zoo wee mama
hooray!
lordt!

10 :: ah, rats

15.5K 522 1.8K
By peachbois

A/N
Japanese - Italics
English - Normal Text
---
The day back after the hurricane was probably the most interesting.

You were walking to school with Josuke, when he laced his hand with yours. You smiled and swung both of your hands back and forth slightly as you walked.

"No one knows we're dating yet, huh?" Said Josuke. You laughed. "Oh, god. What if I like, leaned against a wall, and then you cornered me or something?"

Josuke laughed at the plan. "Should we?" You shrugged. "Why not?"

So, you walked to class a couple minutes earlier than Josuke and leaned against said wall at the front of the room.

As planned, Josuke walked in a little later. He threw his bag on the desk, and then placed a hand on the wall directly next to your ear with a slam.

He leaned in. "Morning."

You raised a eyebrow. "What do you want, a kiss?"

The class was silent. Half of them gasped in anticipation.

You leaned in and gave him a peck on the lips, and your eardrums almost burst at how hard the class screamed.

He laughed and swept you off your feet, leaning you back and placing a 'real' kiss on your lips, and you wrapped your arms around his neck.

The class practically erupted into flames.

You both stood back up and laughed. "Great job," you giggled. He laughed and placed another kiss on your forehead.

The class started to whisper.

"No way! Jojo has a girlfriend?!"
"Y/n and Jojo are so cute!"
"I can't believe that they're dating! That was such an extra announcement!"

You and Josuke enjoyed your 15 minutes of fame before Shiomi walked in.
----
After school, Josuke invited you on another 'adventure' with Jotaro. It was a rat hunt, to your surprise.

You weren't particularly one to be afraid of small animals, or anything in general, so that is exactly why Josuke asked.

"Rat hunt, rat hunt, rat hu~unt!" You whispered, in a singy voice. Josuke heard and giggled. "I half expected you to say no."

"Nah, rats are chill." You skipped as you walked behind Jotaro.

You watched as Jotaro set up cans on a fence post, then sent bearing right through them with pinpoint precision.

"Wow, kewl!!" Exclaimed Josuke. You nodded in agreement. Jotaro observers he bearings in his hand. "Using the bearings on the rat should increase your stand's range by 20 meters. Y/n, it should increase yours by 50."

"How come hers is longer?" Asked Josuke. "My stand's range is just longer than yours. I guess," you shrugged.

Josuke took the bearings and tried by himself. The second one missed by a hair and hit the post instead.

"Not bad. I'd give it 85 points." Said Jotaro, setting up the cans again.

"Y/n, your turn." He said. He handed you the bearings. You stepped back, and nervously summoned your stand.

You exhaled, then shot.

The bearing went through the first can with such speed that the wind of the first shot knocked over the second can. The bearing flew out of sight.

"Sorry," you muttered. Jotaro nodded. "When dealing with animals, please remember composure over speed. If an animal enters your range and you scare it away, it won't ever enter your range again."

"Don't shoot unless you're sure you'll hit it."

You laughed. "This is just like buck hunting! In America, we go out and shoot stuff for the heck of it." Josuke gasped in amazement. "Really?" You nodded. "Every day! They've got whole shops for hunting! Whole seasons!"

Josuke let out a 'wooow'. Jotaro scoffed. "I expect you to be extra good at this, then." You sighed, as you had surely placed yourself into some deep shit.

You all walked to an irrigation canal, where Jotaro explained that the rat would be a brown rat. Josuke set up traps while you looked around.

You swatted at a fly. Josuke noticed the fly too. He motioned for you to move over a bit, and parted the grass. He gasped.

You turned around. The sight made Josuke gag and you raise an eyebrow. "Hey, Jotaro, you miiight wanna see this." 

Jotaro gasped at the clusterfuck of rat corpses encased in some sort of jelly. "Their skin seems to have been melted and re-hardened..."

"The rat we're looking for is definitely in that pipe," you concluded. Jotaro traced the path of the pipe to a farm on the distance. "We've found our rat. It's in that farm - and as I feared, everyone in that house is dead."
---
Sure enough, everyone in that house was just about dead. Josuke, thankfully, killed the first rat, but Jotaro wasn't as lucky and got hit by the second. After some consideration and sleuthing, you concluded that the second rat was somewhere near the drainpipe - and was smarter.

Jotaro pulled out rifle rounds, and that's when you got exited. "Aw, yeah!" You exclaimed. "I brought them in case the situation escalated," said Jotaro. You got on your knees and started running your hands over the dirt.

"What are you doing, y/n?" Asked Josuke. You held up a finger, until your hand ran over something long and wooden.

You dug until you pulled a long box. You excitedly fidgeted with the locks on the side, and then popped it open to reveal a glorious long-range rifle.

You smiled and kissed the long metal barrel. "Mommy missed you," you cooed. Jotaro was appalled. "How could you dig out a rifle so quickly? Is it yours?"

You nodded. "Yeah. I used to have depression issues and buried this here in case. No big deal though, everything worked out in the end, right?" You gave a smile. Josuke looked somewhat hurt, but Jotaro just sighed.

Josuke was handed two rounds. "Let's go," grunted Jotaro. You picked a round form Josuke's hand and stuffed it into the barrel, then aimed it behind you.

"You had depression?" Asked Josuke, concerned. You shrugged. "Moving around a lot does things to you, heh? But whatever. Let's finish this rat once and for all!"
---
The sun was starting to set. You all knew the rats position, now that it had once shot Josuke. Jotaro became the decoy and went in for the kill.

You aimed the rifle from behind the rock. Then, a gunshot. Not from your gun.

You immediately took aim from the source, but the target was nowhere in sight.

"Keep looking!" Shouted Jotaro. You set yourself up sniper-style to shoot the rifle. Then, the rat made its move, shooting a poisonous needle right into Jotaro's chest and left arm. He fell and cried in pain.

You smiled, know knowing the exact location of the rat. You ran out from behind the rock, aiming towards the location of the brown rat, a clear couple of meters away.

You aimed the barrel, sure that you'd have a clear shot.

You fired at the rat. The rat fired into your neck.

You gasped in relief when you heard a distinct slicing sound and a rat's cry. Looking down, the rat had the bullet skewed through it, the butt of the bullet poking out of its mouth and the pointed tip coming out its ass.

You dropped to your knees. The pain in your neck was overwhelming, and you could feel hot, runny flesh coming down your shoulder. You coughed blood.

Josuke ran over, looking really worried. "Don't mind me, get Jotaro first!" You said, shooing him away. His stand placed its hand on your neck. "I've already helped him. You're my priority now," he said with determination in his voice.

Your neck was fixed. Jotaro walked over to you. "Has the target been killed?" He asked. You smirked and picked up the rat by the tail, showing off your skewer shot. Jotaro's eyes widened, and Josuke applauded.

"It's the strength of the American spirit. I might keep this." Jotaro scoffed. "What? You don't believe that I could do it?" You said.

You picked up a piece of dirt on the ground, then threw it into the air. You aimed and shot, skewering the bullet through the dirt. You caught the clump in your hands and showed it off.

"Hah. Beat that." Jotaro was genuinely impressed. "And no stand used...I give it an 8 out of 10."

"Aw, come on!"
---
A/N
Well mommy's tired. Goodnight y'all :)
-Mom

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 1.7K 10
"๐‘ฐ๐’๐’ ๐’…๐’ ๐’‚๐’๐’š๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ , ๐’‚๐’๐’š๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ , ๐’‚๐’๐’š๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’๐’†๐’†๐’… ๐’Ž๐’† ๐’•๐’ ๐’…๐’...๐‘จ๐‘ฉ๐‘บ๐‘ถ๐‘ณ๐‘ผ๐‘ป๐‘ฌ๐‘ณ๐’€ ๐‘จ๐‘ต๐’€๐‘ป๐‘ฏ๐‘ฐ๐‘ต๐‘ฎ ๏ฟฝ...
36.7K 1.3K 15
An evil lurks in Morioh, the small, quiet but bizarre town is slowly twisting into something horrifying all because of one man. From 1983 to 1995, Yo...
Mine By Kate

Romance

264K 6.8K 65
" what's wrong," he asked, fucking tears, now I have to answer him " nothing I'm fine," I said he scoffed " I didn't ask are you okay but obviously y...
9.7K 235 13
(COMPLETED) THIS IS CRACKFIC W A LOT OF ROMANCE (ig?) !Warning! This is very poor and rushed writing, read at your own risk, and if anything just get...