Interstellar // Leonard McCoy...

By -rockofages

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space." In which a girl and her s... More

prelude
Trailer
music
epigraph
unofficial rules of the enterprise
part one
zero
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
part two
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
part three
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
A Note From The Author

twenty-five

1.6K 70 9
By -rockofages

"I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go."

Before Alex could even hit the ground, Khan slugged Scotty and hurdled the navigation board, tackling Jim to the ground.

Alex cried out again, clutching the side of her leg. Broken leg.

Scotty immediately crawled his way over to her, gathering her upper body in his arms, trying to provide some sort of comfort.

Khan had hoisted Jim up again and kneed him in the stomach before throwing him down on the ground. Alex tried to sit up more as Khan shoved Carol out of the way to get to Marcus.

Alex choked back a sob of pain as she shifted to see Khan grab Marcus by the head with both hands. He cried out in pain as Khan's grip tightened.

"You....should....have....let....me....sleep....!"

Khan's words seemed to shake the whole ship before he smashed Marcus's head in like it was only an egg. Carol screamed in horror and Alex's eyes widened in fear and she covered her mouth to prevent anymore cries.

Khan hailed the Enterprise and held up Jim by the arm. "I'm going to make this very simple for you."

"Captain!"

Alex whimpered into Scotty's arm at the sound of Spock's voice, her body starting to shake.

"Your crew for my crew."

"You betrayed us."

"Oh, you are smart, Mr. Spock." Khan praised the Vulcan.

"Spock, don't-" Jim tried to butt in but Khan knocked him down easily.

"Mr. Spock, give me my crew."

"What will you do when you get them?"

"Continue the work we were doing before we were banished."

"Which as I understand it involves the mass-genocide of any being you find to be less than superior."

"Shall I destroy you, Mr. Spock?" Khan smiled. "Or will you give me what I want?"

"We have no transporter capabilities."

"Fortunately, mine are perfectly functioning. Drop your shields."

"If I do so I have no guarantee that you will not destroy the Enterprise."

"Well, let's play this out logically then, Mr. Spock. Firstly, I will kill your captain to demonstrate my resolve, then if yours holds I will have no choice but to kill you and your entire crew."

"If you destroy our ship, you will also destroy your own people."

"Your crew requires oxygen to survive, mine does not. I will target your life support systems located behind the aft nacelle. And after every single person aboard your ship suffocates, I will walk over your cold corpses to recover my people. Now, shall we begin?"

Spock hesitated. "...Lower shields."

"Oh god...." Alex rasped.

"A wise choice, Mr. Spock. I see all 72 torpedoes are still in their tubes. If they're not mine, Commander, I will know it."

"Vulcans do not lie. The torpedoes are yours."

"Thank you, Mr. Spock."

"I have fulfilled your terms. Now fulfill mine."

"Well Kirk, it seems apt to return you to your crew. After all, no ship should go down without her captain."

White Light appeared around each of them as they were beaming back to the ship. Alex groaned as the white light completely consumed everyone and deposited them into the glass prison Khan was kept in.

"Let us outta 'ere!" Scotty got up and shouted, pounding on the glass. The ship rumbled and rocked.

Alex screamed as they were thrown to the back and she felt her tibia and fibula shift further away from her knee.

"I got you, I got you. Alex..."

She looked up, tears blurring her eyes as Jim and Scotty hoisted her up with Carol's guidance. The two men each pulled one of her arms around their shoulders and took he by the waist, guiding her out the front of the cell.

"Crew of the Enterprise, prepare for imminent proximity detonation." Spock's voice rang out shipwide.

"What's he talking about? What detonation?" Scotty yelled over the red alert.

"The torpedoes." Jim answered. "He armed the damn torpedoes."

Scotty stumbled and Alex cried out again as the doors

"Bones!" Scotty and Jim yelled at the same time.

He looked up and jumped out of his skin. "Nurse Chapel!"

Alex saw Christine running in to help and she practically threw herself at her.

"Oh my god what happened?"

"P..put me d...own at my desk." Alex's body shook.

"What? You need to be-OW!" Christine yelped in pain as she tried to drag a stumbling Alex.

"Please...." Alex gasped as she felt her leg swell further. Christine dropped her into her desk seat with a whimper, and trapped Alex with the emergency seat belts.

"What the hell happened to your leg?" Christine hovered over her.

"Khan broke it. Just below the knee. Did Spock really order Khan's crew to be killed while on the Vengeance?"

Christine pointed to her left. "72 cryotubes."

Alex let out a sigh of relief. "Damn you."

The whole room started to shift and Christine fell backwards and slid away. There were screams as people began to stumble around, Bones screaming out orders to the doctors and nurses.

Jim scrambled to Alex, almost falling in top of her. "Are you going to be okay?" He panted.

Alex's eyes widened. "Are you?"

Jim hesitated and looked around the room. "I don't know." He leaned down and pressed a kiss to her forehead.

"I'll see you soon."

Alex shrieked at Jim and Scotty as they ran away, reaching for them helplessly as they bolted out of the Medbay. The lights went dark and the emergency evac sirens sounded.

Alex buried her face into her hands and sobbed quietly as the ship began to turn again. The dizzying pain in her leg distracted her from a lot of what was going on around her, until Bones sat down at the desk from her, strapping himself in.

Alex reached her arm out across their desks, taking his hand in hers tentatively. Bones looked up, astonished.

"Leonard, I'm scared."

He nodded. "So am I."

The ship lurched forward, so it was dive bombing the atmosphere. Alex caught his eyes one more time before the inevitable crash, only for him to look away.

She closed her eyes thought about her father and her step mother for the first time in a long time. She thought about how they would react when they heard about the ship's crash.

"It was Jim's fault."

She almost smiled. Of course her father would say something like that.

She thought about her fellow crew mates. What were they thinking about right now? What was happening on the bridge? Where was Jim?

Oh, Jim. Her only brother. The one who she grew up with from the day her father and his mother were married. The one she was always seeking out trouble with. The one who actually knew how she felt. The only person she adored more than the person holding her hand in that moment.

She squeezed his hand and Bones looked up, making eye contact with her. Alex's eyes welled up with tears and her lip quivered.

"I love you." She choked out, barely above a whisper.

His face fell, sadness and regret taking over his demeanor. The ship jerked, throwing everyone in the medbay around. Alex looked up and around the area, and realized the ship wasn't falling anymore.

She panted heavily as everyone around her gained their own composure. She turned back to Bones, a relieved smile forming across her face. Alex unbuckled her belt and hobbled over to him, collapsing into his lap and throwing her arms around his neck into a crying fit.

Bones clutched Alex tightly, one arm around her waist, and the other rubbing comforting circles around her back, trying to calm her shaking body down.

"I'm here, darlin'. I'm here and I'm sorry for everything." He whispered into her ear. Alex shifted so their foreheads were together.

"I love you Alexandra. More than anything in this universe and beyond. And I am sorry."

Alex wasted no time and crashed her lips to his. She wanted to forgive him so bad. Her jealousy and anger she had built up towards him had been halted by the crippled ship and all she wanted was her Leonard back.

His hands tangled in her hair at the nape of her neck and held her at the waist. Tears from Alex's eyes stained her cheeks. Bones deepened the kiss as Alex held on to his shirt collar tightly. Their moment was cut off by the medbay's communicator. Christine was the first one to reach it.

"Engineering to Medbay. Nurse Chapel, where's Dr. Watterson?"

Scotty.

"I'm right here." Alex called. "What's up, Scotty?"

"Lassie, ya'd better get down 'ere." His voice cracked at the end.

"What's wrong?"

"It's your brother."

*panting* AAAAAAAAAAAH

Be sure to comment, vote, share, and follow me for more updates from this story!! Xoxox.

~AB~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

529K 16.2K 100
I kinda like doing these reader insert/one shot things so I thought to give this a try. Complete! Guys it's time...Book 2 in the works
2.9K 102 23
When the twins of a distant sun and moon are taken away from their home and separated, they begin to fear they will never see their family again. But...
231K 5.9K 200
Imagines between the reader and various Star Trek characters. The characters I mainly write about are Chekov, Bones and Kirk but I can write about ot...
28.8K 1.4K 20
Kirk and Spock both begin to have feelings for each other. They go to Bones for help, but realize that some things you can't learn from others; you h...