Make It Count (Urban Fiction)

By 19dummie

Khalil Towens is not the average 18 year old. He is one of the youngest and most respected drug dealers in to... More

Make It Count (Urban Fiction)
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 6

5.7K 294 21
By 19dummie

  "Hell na nigga, Ahmod fucked that bitch raw." Mark B laughed.

Ahmod spit the beer from his mouth onto the ground. "I never fucked that bitch."

"Raw." He continued.

Everyone began laughing.

  We were at the corner of main street posted. Everyone would always come out on Saturdays and chill.

"Shoot fourty, bet fourty nigga." Mark B spoke while shaking the dice in his hand.

"Nah, I'm good my nigga." I smirked, taking a gulp from the brown paper bag.

"You scared to lose yo money nigga?" 8ball laughed.

"You know that ain't the problem."

"What about you Ahmod?" Mark B asked.

"Shit what's up?" Ahmod spoke flashing wads of money.

"This aint shit to me." He spoke throwing a few hundred dollar bills to the ground and grabbing the dice.

I sucked my teeth and walked towards him.

"Aye Ahmod, let me get at you."

"Not right now nigga, I'm making money." He waved me off.

"Get yo ass up!" I spoke kicking his back.

     He stood and faced me with a grimace mug.

"Nigga what?"

"What's up with you? Pulling out all this money and shit. I told you to keep that shit stashed. Mac gone be looking for the both of us."

"Chill nigga, I ain't worried about Mac. That nigga ain't thinking about us either. The way I look at it, I might as well spend the shit before a nigga try and murk me for it."

"Damn, nigga you stupid." I spoke walking away from him.

"What?" He called after me.

I knew I would have to figure out a way to get Ahmod to chill. At the rate he was going, Mac would become suspicious soon.

"Khalil?" A voice called.

"What you doing out here Niya?" I asked when recognizing her face.

"We just chilling, tryna find a us a nigga with money." She smiled, slapping her girlfriend's hand.

"Is that right?" I smirked.

I noticed Keyshia waltzing up the street with some lil ass shorts on.

"What's up Niya?" She spoke calling her name.

Niya turned in Keyshia's direction and smiled.

"Nothing just bullshiting with Khalil." She shrugged.

"Girl, he ain't nobody." Keyshia spoke rolling her eyes at me.

  "Keyshia,  what you doing out here?" Ahmod called, grabbing her arm. 

"What you mean? I'm tryna have fun too." She spoke snatching away from him.

"Don't get one of these lil niggas killed." Ahmod stated.

"I don't want none of these lil niggas." She spoke with emphasis on her words and eyeing me.

I shook my head a bit and took a sip of the liquor. Ahmod was so oblivious to the fact that Keyshia was on me anytime he turned around. He quickly made his way back to the dice game.

     "Niya, let's go. I saw some fine ass niggas down the street." Keyshia smiled.

She was purposely dangling Niya in front of me.

"I'm good right here." 

"Hmm, whatever." Keyshia spoke walking off.

     Niya turned back to get friends and began to talk.

"When can I call you?" I asked Niya.

"You asked me that already." She smirked. "That's why I'm asking again, and that's why I'ma keep asking until you let me call."

She looked at her friends then back to me.

"Let's go for a ride." She smiled.

"Right now?"

"Yea." She spoke stuffing her hands in the pockets of her jeans.

I looked back at Ahmod who was focused on the dice game.

"Aright." I shrugged.

I noticed a mug on Keyshia's face as we passed by.

"Bye girl!" Niya spoke oblivious to Keyshia's jealousy.

    "Where you tryna go?" I asked starting the car.

"Nice car." She spoke rubbing her hand against the smooth black leather and observing the back seat.

I shrugged and pulled off.

"Let's go to the hills." She spoke.

I turned my head and looked at her.

"What?" She smirked.

"You be going up there?" I asked while switching into the lane near the exit.

"Yea, it's where I chill."

"I thought I was the only person who knew about that spot."

She smiled while looking out of the window.

      When we made it to the top of the hills, I parked my car and got out. We could see the entire city from this location. The shining lights from the buildings colored the sky.

"It's so beautiful." She spoke leaning against the car.

I smirked while sitting next to her.

"You ever think about life outside of the city?" She asked while gazing.

"Na, this is all I know." I shrugged.

"I want to explore the world. I know it's more to it than this."

"Shit maybe."

I pulled out the bag of weed and a gar so that I could roll up, it was the only way I could clear my mind.

"You trippin'. See that's why I'm going to school, so that I can travel. I'm not tryna be living here my whole life working a dead end job. I want more."

"What you tryna be?" I asked rolling the blunt.

"A lawyer." She smiled.

"A lawyer?" I laughed a little.

"You're laughing, but you might need me to defend you one day." She spoke reaching for the blunt.

"So you gone be a lawyer smoking?" I asked while passing her the weed.

"This is just something to do now, I don't plan on doing it my whole life." She laughed.

I shook my head.

      For the next few hours, I listened to her talk about her dreams and childhood. We actually had a lot in common.

"So what do you plan on doing with your life?" She asked through low eyes.

It was crazy because no one ever asked me shit like that.

"This is all I see myself doing." I shrugged.

It was the only thing I knew how to do, hustle and make money.

"I feel you,  but you don't have dreams?" She asked, pressing the issue.

"Shit, dreams stop when you have to focus on living. I used to want to go to school but shit, it wasn't an option for me when I saw my grams struggling."

"That shouldn't stop you." She spoke staring at me.

    I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket.

"Yea?" I answered.

"Get over this way." Mac barked before disconnecting the call.

Back to reality.

    "Let me get you home." I said standing.

We both got into the car and pulled off.

       I parked the cat outside of her house.

"This was cool." She smiled.

"Yo ma ain't gone trip about you being high?"

"Yea right, I doubt if she's here." She smacked her lips reaching for the door.

"So can I call you?"

"How about I call you?" She smiled.

We exchanged numbers and I watched her enter her home before pulling off.

    I drove through the dirty streets, passing pimps, hoes, and fiends. The shit really fucked you up if you sat down and thought about it. But shit we all had to eat.

      I passed main street and noticed it was still packed. Mark B was still posted while Ahmod was nowhere to be found.

"Where Ahmod?" I asked pulling beside Mark B.

"He left right after you with some bitch." He spoke watching the streets.

This nigga was the most paranoid person I knew.

"Aight, I'll be back." I spoke pulling away.

       I pulled outside of the warehouse and grabbed the gun from under the seat,  tucking it under my shirt. When walking inside, they began to pat me down.

What the fuck?

After removing the gun, they let me inside of Mac's office.

"What was that all about?" I asked taking a seat in Mac's chair.

"You can never be too careful." He grinned.

Something wasn't right.

    "So I been hearing the streets talk." He spoke rising from his seat.

"What they saying?" I asked reclining in the seat.

"Yo boy Ahmod, he came up on some money?" He asked.

"Shit, not that I know of." I shrugged.

I knew he wanted to know where this money was coming from but he wouldn't get shit outta me.

"I would hate to find out yall niggas on some grimy shit."

"Man you know us. When have we ever fucked you over. You ain't got no reason to be trippin'.

He was quiet for a minute while stroking his beard.

"Yea you right." He agreed. "But you never can trust a nigga too much." He continued.

"Yea."

I didn't know where this nigga was going but I was ready to leave.

"So look, I got some shit for you too handle. I need you to deliver some white for me Tuesday."

"I gotcha." I spoke standing up.

"Aight, I'll let you know what time." He spoke taking a seat.

   I walked to exit his office.

"Aye Khalil." He called.

"What's up?" I asked turning around.

"Tell ya boy to stop spending money on these hoes. It's not a good look." He laughed.

I shook my head and left the office.

      "Fuck." I mumbled while starting up the car.

I had to get to Ahmod.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1 1 10
Best friends since birth, Nate and Sarah, join an undercover detective agency at 17 together. Going through harsh conditions and tough tasks. Bringin...
44.7K 1.3K 22
Krysten Daniels is 17 turning 18 and is in her last year in high school. She only has 1 true friend named Layla, and she is the prettiest and most po...
70.7K 1.8K 35
18 year old Yasmin has never had sex before. Her mind has always wondered but nothing to crazy until she comes across 22 year old ex-druglord/ busin...
4.7K 62 20
𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙮 "i loved him, but he loved the drugs more." the rushed story of a boy struggling with a drug addiction and a girl who was patie...