Freakishly Miraculous

By Typodomcm

Another Akuma, another day for Ladybug and Chat Noir. However, the Akuma is the least of their worries, as th... More

Gemini Origins
Awkward Mornings
After School Guantlent
Tea with Fu
Sorting Things Out

Fumbled Battle

1K 25 10
By Typodomcm

Marinette woke up to Adrien's alarm once again, and was disappointed to find out that yesterday hadn't been just a bad dream. She turned off the alarm and sat up as Plagg came over to her.

"Man you look awwwwwwful!" Plagg rudely pointed out. Marinette was sure she had bags under her eyes from her long day yesterday, but she still didn't appreciate Plagg saying it like that.

"Wow thanks Plagg, you are such a good companion." Marinette said with as much sarcasm as she possibly good, though Plagg seemed unfazed by it as if he's heard that insult before.

"Anyways, can I have my cheese?" Marinette made a tired moan sound as she begrudgingly got up from the bed and walked across the cold floor to his cheese. She had barely taken a piece out before Plagg was already munching on the piece. Marinette put the cheese away and finally noticed she was still in yesterday's clothes.

'Uhh. I must have passed out with these clothes still on. But I swear I was still at the desk working, did Adrien move me?' Marinette stumbled towards the phone and checked her messages. There were at least two from Nino, talking about the album from yesterday. Alya texted her asking about "Marinette's" strange behavior yesterday. 'I'm so gonna have a talk with Adrien about this.' And there was one message from Adrien saying:

-Good Morning sleeping beauty 😊
Marinette figured she might as well respond and get some answers.

-Good Morning you weirdo

-How did you sleep?

-Fine... wbu

-Super great 😸
-You okay though?

-oh yeah. well I was just wondering did you put me in your bed last night?

-Yes I did. And might I add you are adorable when you fall asleep 😉

-Oh No... that is so embarrassing... I'm sorry I fell asleep on you

-Don't be sorry. You did have a long day so it is completely ok (:D)

-Okay...Oh also what's going on with Alya?

-Oh she was freaking out about why I just casually went to talk to you. Apparently she is asking for details of everything that we talked and did.

-And what did you tell her

-I told her I'd tell her today. What should I tell her?

-Just tell her that we talked about entering a Mecha Strike III tournament, and we were discussing when we would meet up and practice.

-You sure she'll buy it?

-Hopefully

-That doesn't sound very promising my Lady

-I'm sure it'll be enough to keep her from getting to suspicious

-If you say so. I trust you Mari

-Thanks. I do hope we can get back to our own bodies soon

-Me too. Anyways need to go get ready for school. Ttyl Bugaboo 😽

-See you soon.

-What no cute little message for me?

-you are one annoying Minou.

-close enough. Bye 😹

-Bye

Marinette could still feel her cheeks radiating heat. It isn't unusual for her to fall asleep during an assignment, but this time it was different. She still couldn't get over the fact that Adrien Agreste carried her to bed, certainly not in the way she expected it to happen. 'Adrien is so kind and thoughtful to take me to the bed. I just hope I didn't talk in my sleep and say something dumb like "Hot Stuff" or something. I'm pretty sure I'd die if I did.'

Marinette just had to put on a new white overshirt since she was still fully clothed, and had to pack up her school supplies before heading down to another {heartless} breakfast.{ It certainly was one of the apparent reminders that Adrien's life is really depressing. 'No wonder he expresses so much of himself as Chat. It's the one time he can actually be himself. I think I'm finally starting to understand him; at least I hope I am.' }Marinette had barely touched the food on her plate, when Nathalie walked in to tell her her schedule.

"Today you will leave school early today in order to make it to a reshoot. Your father was not... [describe her struggling to find the words]entirely impressed and wishes you to redo the pictures. Right after you can go to your fencing lesson. You will have a little bit of time in between fencing and the second photoshoot you have today, but you are going to have to shower and get ready within that time. The second photoshoot will take up most of the day, as it is in collaboration with one of your father's partners. And your father would like to remind you to be on your best behavior around them, and to not screw up this time. Once you return home, you'll have whatever remaining time to work on what work you did not do at school. That is all." Nathalie did not look up once at all, continuing the feeling of disconnect that Marinette felt. Once Nathalie left Marinette instantly reached for the phone and texted Adrien again.

-Hey

-Why hello again Princess. What's up?

-Oh... um... I was just curious... how are you able to stay so happy being here?

{-I'm not happy when I'm there. You are the only thing that has kept me going these last couple of months.

-Really?

-Without a doubt. Sure I got Nino and Alya too, but you truly are what keep me going.

-You dorky kitten :P

-Only for you <3 }

-Anyways, the Gorilla is waiting. And also I don't think I'll be able to see Fu today...

-Why not?

-Your father as me booked for the whole day basically. There is no time for a break anywhere!

-Yeah... he usually does that. Don't worry I can just go down myself. I know where to go on my own.

-Yeah but he wanted to see the both of us.

-I'm sure he'll understand. Anyways your mom is kicking me out the door so I'll see you at school. See you there lovebug <3!

-Meet you there Chaton :D

-See there you go, you're getting it

-:P

Adrien was waiting for Marinette on the steps of the school. They waved at each other, and started heading towards each other, but Alya and Nino dragged them off in opposite directions. Alya convinced Nino to help her pull off her plan to question their two friends. Alya took Adrien to one side of the stairs and Nino did the same with Marinette on the other.

"Alright girl, you got some explaining to do." Alya took out her phone and hit the voice recording app, and shoved the phone in his face. Meanwhile Nino was taking a much more laid back approach. He leaned up, casually, against the wall.

"Alright dude, spill what happened between you and Marinette yesterday?" Marinette tensed up a bit, she wasn't prepared to be questioned, at least not by Nino. {she only knew how to face Alya or her parents in this type of questioning situation}

"I just wanted to ask him if he'd be my partner in a Mecha Strike III tournament." Adrien replied.

{"That's not what I want to know. What I want to know is: how you were able to talk to him without melting into a puddle?" }

"I don't know... uh dude..., she just kinda went up and well talked to me." Marinette tried to replicate Adrien's neck rub thing he does when he's embarrassed or unsure.

"I don't know, Alya seems like there is something more to her."

"Why would you assume that?"

"Girl, I know you." Alya crossed her arms, still holding her phone out in front of her. "And I know that there is no way you just gained this mysterious confidence with him."

"I guess Marinette got over her nerves from her crush on me." Nino shot up, and grabbed Marinette shoulders.

"She told you that she has a crush on you?!" Marinette froze, realizing her mistake. 'Oh no...' she thought to herself. Nino took her by the wrist and dragged him to where Adrien and Alya were. "Alya! Marinette confessed to Adrien that she has a crush on him!" Alya jumped for joy as she held onto the body of her friend. Adrien looked over to Marinette who was at a lost for words. Alya couldn't help but squeal right into Adrien's ear.

"I'm so proud of you girl!" Adrien just smiled awkwardly at Alya. "Sooooo are you guys together now? Is Adrienette a thing now?" Marinette rubbed her forehead in annoyance and embarrassment, but Adrien was struggling to suppress his laughter and mischievousness.

"Well..." Marinette tried to explain, but of course Adrien had to have come up with a snarky comment.

"Absolutely! Adrienette is totally a thing." Alya ignored the completely out of character response, and began freaking out even more, and Nino playfully slugged Marinette in the arm. {She was so red in the face from embarrassment. Adrien threw her a wink when no one could have seen}. 'Ugh stupid cat! This day cannot get worst!' Out in the distance there was a loud boom that turned all of their attentions towards the sound. It could only mean one thing: Gemini had returned.

"Quick!" Marinette told Nino and Alya. "Find some cover, hurry!" Nino and Alya ran into the school; assuming that their friends were right behind them, but in reality, Adrien and Marinette dipped into an alleyway. Tikki and Plagg flew up, and Adrien had a stupid grin on his face. "W-what?" Marinette asked, still a little frazzled by what had transpired a few moments ago.

"This is our first transformation together as Adrienette. I hope that it is a special one." Marinette's face got redder than it did before. She was silent for a few minutes,{ contemplating whether or not he was being serious or not}. However she had to shake the idea out of her head and go focus on dealing with the Akuma.

"E-either way, w-we uhhhh... need to f-focus on-on the Akuma." Adrien made a small giggle. 'Gosh she is really cute when she stutters. I don't even care if it's my mouth saying that stuff, it is still her words.

"You're right. Well, shall we my Lady?" Marinette nodded, and both of them called upon each others transformation. After a flash of green and pink filled the alleyway, both of them ran into the streets; heading towards Gemini. "You know we'd get there much faster if we used our weapons."  Marinette laughed at him, her confidence seemingly returned.

"I'm sure we could, but I doubt you know how to use my yo-yo." Adrien looked back at her.

"Oh yeah? And I'm sure you know how to use my baton." Marinette stopped, pulling out the baton. Adrien stopped also, and went to watch her.

"I'm sure I know how to use a stick." She started flipping and turning the baton around, examining it. "Now how do you get this to work?" Marinette activated the extension feature and shot herself several yards into the air, screaming. "WAAAAAAAAH!" Marinette was perched on the top of the baton like a cat would when it is standing on a thin platform. Adrien climbed his way up with little difficulty, and meet her at the top.

"Well, you sure showed me." It was weird seeing a Chat grin on her own face, but she hated it never the less.

"I'd like to see you try to use my yo-yo!" Adrien reached the yo-yo and tossed it and it connected with something, and Adrien gave Marinette a smug look.

"See I can handle-THISSSSSSS!" Adrien had tugged slightly on the yo-yo, and it started to reel him in incredibly fast. Unfortunately he didn't let go of the baton and so he ended dragging Marinette with him too. They were both screaming through the sky, and they tumbled on the ground. Adrien had landed above Marinette, and she was completely frozen. {Memories of the previous times this happened had flooded her mind, causing her to shut down.} "You okay?" Adrien got up and helped Marinette as well. She did gain back some of her composure but she was still really red in the face.

"Y-yeah..." a crash brought their attention back to situation at hand. Gemini had appeared around the corner.

"Hey bro look who it is,"

"It's Ladybug and Chat Noir,"

"Here for another smack down!" The two heroes got into a fighting stance. Gemini laughed at them. "Do you really think you can fight us like that? You can barely make your way over here without making fools out of yourselves!" Marinette gritted her teeth.

{"It doesn't matter how we fight you! All that matters is us defeating you!"} Marinette jumped up, swinging the baton high above her head. The twins floated higher up, and Marinette slammed the baton onto the ground. Adrien tried launching the yo-yo at the stuffed bear, trying to get them to drop it. But his aim was all off, and he didn't even get close to them.

"Our turn!" {The aura of their colors returned and some cars started heading their way.[add detail of the aura] }Marinette tried to run away, but she wasn't fast enough on her own. Luckily, Adrien was there to tackle her out of the way, and got them into an alleyway. Adrien picked her back up, but there was no time for resting as more objects were sent their way. They jumped between the walls, and got up onto the roofs and out of the confined space. Unfortunately, as they were running, Marinette had slipped and tumbled near the edge of a roof. Adrien didn't notice until he heard her scream as she stopped just shy of falling off.

"No! Princess!" Adrien ran back for her, but was caught off guard by one of Gemini's attacks, and was flung backwards. Marinette barely had time to recuperate when Gemini took the ladder of a fire escape and wrapped it around Marinette. The voice of Hawk Moth entered the twins' heads again.

"Good work Gemini. Now, bring me the Miraculous: the ring!" Gemini began walking towards Marinette, their hands mere inches from taking the ring when the yo-yo wrapped around part of the ladder and dragged her away.

"You okay, my Lady?" Marinette nodded. Adrien tried undoing the ladder, but it was difficult to budge. He had just barely moved part of it off Marinette's arm, and they were hit with part of a chimney and sent to the ground.

[add a part in between]"Dudes, are you okay?" They looked up at the familiar voice. It was Nino, standing right next to Alya who had her phone- recording the battle. Before either one of them could warn them to get out of danger, Alya turned to her boyfriend.

"Nino, of course they aren't okay! They are getting their butts handed to them, and I'm pretty sure they aren't in their proper bodies. Didn't you hear the way Ladybug called Chat 'My Lady'?" Nino readjusted his hat, and his tone turned to annoyed.

"Yeah I did, I'm not stupid!"

"I never said you were stupid. I'm just saying you said a stupid question!" His arms were crossed, and Alya placed her free hand on her hip.

"So you are basically saying I'm stupid!" Alya gave an exaggerated sigh and began to retaliate.

"You're acting like you are! I'm just saying that-" She was cut off by Gemini's presence, making her go silent.

"Boy, you two really like yelling at each other,"

"Can't wait to see you all mixed up!" Their eyes glowed once again, and from them came a quick blast that made Nino and Alya disappear. The heroes screamed in unison for their friends, and they angrily turned to Gemini; who had not disappeared like last time. Instead they floated a little lower to the ground. The red twin's eyes appeared to be heavy and the posture of his body seemed really relaxed.

"Hey bro, I think I'm getting a little sleepy." The red twin had begun rubbing his eyes, like a kid would when it's time to go to bed. The blue twin shook his head.

"Come on bro, we can't go to bed yet. We have a job to do." The red twin looked up and let out a big sigh.

"Fine, but after can we take a nap to recharge?" The blue twin nodded in agreement.

"Cataclysm!" The twins looked over to see "Chat Noir" using "his" magical ability on the ladder, that had been shifted over to their hand. The ladder disintegrated, and Marinette was free of it.

"Looks like the kitty is loose." Commented Adrien in a smug way. "You boys better watch out, it looks like this cat is about to bounce on its prey." The kids looked a little shaken but they got ready in a fighting stance of their own. Marinette and Adrien charged at them, and the kids began to panic and throw more objects their way. However the duo dodged out of the way of most of them, and they jumped into the air and they both landed good kicks on them- sending the two to fly high into the air.

"Ugh bro," the red twin whined. "I can't fight well when I'm this tired. Can't we just call it a day?" The blue twin glared angrily at him.

"No we can't!" He started rising higher than his brother. "You know what will happen to us if we don't fight. Hawk Moth will take away our powers!" The red twin rubbed his eyes again and looked down, as if he was upset by his brothers harsh words.

"Yeah, I know. But can't we at least go swap some other people so we can recharge and be ready to fight Ladybug and Chat..." he took a big yawn. "...Noir?" The blue thought about it for a moment and nodded his head again.

"That's probably for the best. Hawk Moth wouldn't like it if we fell asleep in the middle of our battle." Suddenly the purple outline reappeared on their faces once more.

"And you'd be correct. Fine go mix up some people, but this time don't make it random civilians. Swap around the really important people: like the mayor or the police chief. Then you can recharge, and don't fail me the next time you come face to face with Ladybug and Chat Noir- I still need their Miraculouses!" The outline disappeared, and the twins high-tailed it away from the battle.

"They're trying to escape!" Yelled Marinette, who tried to go for the nonexistent yo-yo on her hip. "Where's my-oh yeah..." She looked over to Adrien who had a blank stare on his face. "Well summon Lucky Charm, quickly!" Adrien made a face of acknowledgement and grabbed the yo-yo, but he appeared perplexed and simply dangled the yo-yo.

"So how do I do this exactly?" Marinette rolled her eyes at him. "Do I need to push a button or..." Marinette shook her head and grabbed the yo-yo from him.

"Here, I'll do it. Lucky Charm!" The yo-yo flew into the air, but no ladybugs came out to make a magical object. "Uhhhh... Lucky Charm!" Nothing happened. "Lucky Charm...?" It was useless to try any more; Gemini had already escaped. They decided to ditch the idea and try to catch them on foot, but they might as well had not have even attempted- for Gemini was too fast for the heroes who were so out of their element.

"We lost them. They're gone..." Both of them sighed in defeat, and the Chat Noir ring beeped. "And we need to get you some place safe to de-transform." She nodded, and they dropped behind a giant garbage can to let go of their transformations. Tikki and Plagg both popped out, though Plagg was much more exhausted than Tikki because he had to use Cataclysm. Marinette gently placed him inside the shirt's inside pocket, and Adrien opened the little purse and Tikki zoomed into it. Once the purse was secured Adrien began to step out from the garbage can. "Come on, we should be heading out." Not saying anything, Marinette nodded and followed Adrien out.

As they began to walk out from their hiding spot, Adrien noticed that Marinette wasn't looking up at all. He placed a hand on her shoulder, and she seemed startled by his touch and looked up to him. But the eye contact only lasted for a moment or two, because Marinette looked away.

"Are you okay?" Adrien's voice came out a little quieter than usual, but nevertheless Marinette heard- partly because of the enhanced cat-hearing given with the perk of being Chat Noir. She shrugged and kept walking, but Adrien took hold of her hand and stopped her. "You know you can tell me, right?" Marinette sighed and motioned to a park bench that over looked the Seine. Once they sat down Marinette let out a long sigh and slouched in her spot.

"I haven't messed up that bad since my first day of being Ladybug."{ Adrien was surprised to hear to hear that from her, and was taken a back slightly.} "I tripped up kinda bad, causing unnecessary injury and panic to us and others, and when I couldn't activate Lucky Charm- I just didn't feel lucky, I felt... useless." A few tears sprang from her eyes, rolling down onto the shirt, slightly soaking it. Adrien was absolutely shocked and felt immobile. He didn't know if he should brush off the tears from his own face or to say something. So he did the next best thing he could do: take her into a tight hug.

So many emotions ran through Marinette's head, and she felt embarrassed that Adrien had to see her like this. But she she didn't care about that at that, she just melted into his arms and cried softly into his neck. Adrien rubbed the spot on his head that his own mother use to rub when he was upset as a child. It still felt weird to him, but he didn't mind, he just wanted her to feel better. It seemed to be working because Adrien could feel the tears slow down, and her breath turned to tiny hiccups. After awhile, Marinette pulled away and whipped away the remaining tears.

"I-I'm sorry you had to see that..." Marinette put her hands together in her lap. Adrien, feeling more confident, reached over and took hold of her hands.

"It's okay. We were both out of our elements. You might not have felt lucky because you were being Chat Noir- probably one of the most unluckiest superhero of all time. I mean you see me fall and fail all the time, I'm practically just {comedy relief}." He said it in such a way that made Marinette giggle and maintain a small smile. Adrien was glad to see her feeling a little better. "Either way, I'm sure Master Fu will help us." Marinette blinked in confusion.

"Wait... we are gonna go see Master Fu? But... what about school, and the schedule that your father put out for me?" Adrien shook his head.

"That can wait. I think it would be best if we both went to see him and figure this out." Marinette thought about it for a bit, and her expression turned to determination.

"Your right, let's go see him!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 72 14
Marinette and Adrien wake up one morning to find that they have switched bodies! How will Marinette and Adrien be able to live each other's lives? Wh...
1.2K 83 19
"You never expect these sorts of things to happen to you in real life, until it happens. Frankly, I'm just an unlucky one." In a bleak moment of vuln...
19.7K 237 28
No doubt Lila Rossi has hatred both towards Marinette and her alter-ego Ladybug. What happens if she is involved with Hawkmoth and he has asked Lila...
215K 7.1K 13
Marinette befriends Chat Noir, even though he doesn't know about her alter ago Ladybug. When she disappears on her way to Alya's, what will happen? W...