Contract Bound [Old Draft]

By Sexyglamoruz

For centuries, humans have been chosen to become the mate of one of the creatures that rule the forest. It is... More

Copyright & A/N
-PROLOGUE-
-CHAPTER ONE-
-CHAPTER TWO-
-CHAPTER FOUR-
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
Chapter Seven
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two (FINAL)
Cursed Love Excerpt

-CHAPTER THREE-

131K 4.9K 727
By Sexyglamoruz

To Belinda's dismay, days seemed to speed by faster than ever. If it time kept moving at this pace, soon she would graduate.

Then, she would be forced to spend time with Fane.

She had tried everything within her power to distract her mind, including joining all the activities she could.

The more distracted she was, the less she became lost in her own thoughts.

Today she was at her house with her friends, playing a game in the kitchen while her mother cooked. It was an old fashion bingo game, but Belinda loved many games her parents played back then. Now, everyone was into the new video games.

"Bingo!" Kesha shouted a little too excited.

"I think you're cheating. That's three in a row."

Kesha narrowed her eyes at Blake. "How could anyone cheat in Bingo?"

"I want to play something else." He put the dominoes on the table and smiled.

"Put that away, the food is ready," her mother said before she handed them each a plate so they could serve themselves. "I'll be right back. I'm going to take lunch to your father." After she gave Belinda a kiss on the forehead, she left, shutting the front door behind her.

Before Belinda could take a bite of her food, the doorbell rang. Her mother probably forgot her keys or something. She was really forgetful when in a hurry. Belinda stood up after a mouthful of rice. The second she pulled open the door, she coughed, probably turning bright red.

"Belinda, what—Oh my god." Kesha dropped her plate to the floor and the ceramic shattered on impact. Belinda was thankful for a moment that her friend had finished her food.

"Good afternoon."

With her heart pounding against her ribcage, Belinda faced Fane, who stood in the opened doorway, hands on the frame, as if waiting for her to invite him in.

"I came to invite you to a date."

Belinda was certain her face had turned bright red from how hot it became. "I'm sorry but I don't feel so well."

His eyebrow rose. "You look far from sick."

"Is everything okay?" Blake asked as he stood beside Belinda.

"Yeah, you two should return to your homes. I'll see you tomorrow at school." They seemed hesitant to leave her, but still, they gave her a kiss and hug before leaving.

"I still have a little over four months before I graduate."

"The contract states that you are to spend time with me for minimum three years since the moment I signed it. Then, once you graduate, you will come with me every Saturday and Sunday to my place."

She started at him for the longest, trying to remember the exact words in the contract. "Then...why didn't you come before?"

Pain flickered in his eyes before masked it. "Go get ready."

She shot him a look. "Ordering me around isn't going to get you anywhere."

He smiled. "Please."

"May I help you?"

Belinda's eyes widened as Fane turned to face her mother. Her mother seemed in utter disbelief for a brief moment before she regained control. She walked into the house and stood in front of Belinda. With a mischievous smile, Fane leaned his shoulder against the doorframe and crossed his feet at the ankles, looking too relaxed.

"I thought vampires would burst into flames under the sun. Weren't you cursed into the darkness long ago?"

The bravery in her mother's tone shocked Belinda.

Fane touched the necklace that hung from his neck. "A gift of sunlight from a friend. Of course, without it, I would burst into flames."

"So, what are you here for?"

Fane seemed to hesitate. "I am inviting your daughter out. My mother says it is something normal amongst humans."

"She has not been feeling good."

His eyebrows knitted together as his eyes swirled into a pool of darkness, a contrast to his features that really stood out. "You should know better than to lie to me."

"Give her time."

"She would have had all eternity if she would have given me a chance. She chose to reject me and sign a contract. Now, she must deal with the consequences of her actions." He paused for a moment as his eyes turned back to their normal color. "I will not ask again."

Before her mother could speak, Belinda did. "I'll be back soon."

"Belinda—"

She hugged her mother. "I'll be fine."

With her hands in the pockets of her shorts, Belinda followed Fane. When she glanced over her shoulder at her home, she tried to smile at her mother who didn't move from the front entrance. Belinda attempted to relax, but right now, the melodies that filled the forest did nothing to calm her insane heartbeat.

As she followed him deeper into the forest, she could not stop thinking of what he might have in mind. She was far from ready to give him the children he desired. How could she when she had never been with anyone? She hadn't even had her first kiss.

Her father managed to scare away any boy interested in her.

When he came to a stop, she did as well and took in her breathtaking surroundings. This was not the river she always visited with her friends. The water was so translucent she could see the different colored fish in it and the plants. The sunlight reflected on it, making it sparkle like a diamond. She smiled as she inhaled the fragrance of the small flowers around her that moved with the breeze.

As she turned, she tried to hide the smile but failed. "Are you trying to win me over?"

"Is it working?"

She wrapped her arms around herself when the breeze picked up force. "Maybe."

"Why are you not wearing the necklace?"

Automatically, her hand went to her neck. "Sorry, I forgot. I'm not used to wearing jewelry."

He took a step forward and her heart picked up pace. "Don't forget again." She nodded and turned her face away when he inched closer. "Look at me."

She did, but when he lowered his face to hers, she stepped back and shook her head. "You really think this would get me to give you what you want?"

"It is no different from what you humans call a one night stand."

Her eyes narrowed into pin points. "Well, I have never had a one night stand—Heck, I haven't been with anyone so the least you could do is give me a little time to get used to the idea of sleeping with someone I don't know." Well, she said more than she wanted to, but too late now.

"You're a virgin?"

She wanted to smack the grin off his face. "Yes, and I'm certain you are not."

"Why? Because I am a man?"

"Because you are a vampire and probably really old—"

His eyebrows knitted together. "I'm only eighteen."

That caught her off guard. "You are?"

"Do I look older?"

He didn't. "So...you're a virgin?"

"Yes."

"That is difficult to believe."

"Then why should I believe you?"

She thought for a moment. "Whatever." When she tried to walk past him, he grabbed her arm, forcing her to stop beside him. "Let me go."

He did. "I cannot keep wasting time."

"The contract stated I have three years—hell, it doesn't even say anything that I have to sleep with you before the three years are up."

He ran a hand through his hair. "I'm well aware of what that damn contract states."

She fell silent for a moment. "You do? and...you still signed it?"

"I was left with no other choice." He inched closer, making her heart beat out of control. "Contracts are rare." His fingers touched her jaw for a brief second before she managed to create distance. "I wasn't the one who wrote it. As Queen of the vampires, my mother wrote it."

"Your mother..." When he attempted to get close, she brought her hands up, meeting his gaze as the mark on his forehead shone a soft golden color against the sunlight. "I would truly appreciate it if you kept your distance."

The grin on his face made her want to shove him into the river behind him. "Come on." He took her hand and stepped back. Her eyes widened expecting them both to fall with a splash into the waters.

Instead, the air around them flickered and the leaves on the ground rose high to the sky. Her hair flew in all directions as she squeezed her eyes shut.

When everything stopped, she opened them back up to find herself on what seemed to be a crowded street. She glanced around, bewildered. "Where the hell are we?"

"Kerio."

She raised an eyebrow. "And what exactly is Kerio?"

"A hidden city."

Her heart picked up pace like never before and for a moment, she thought she would pass out. There were rumors of hidden cities within the woods, cities full of the supernaturals. "Why on earth would you bring me here?"

A high pitch voice came from behind her. "Belinda!"

She whirled around before slim arms wrapped around her, giving her a small squeeze. For the longest, she stood there, speechless.

"Kassie..." Finally, she hugged her friend back. "You're okay."

"Of course I am." She smiled, flaunting her teeth. "Living with werewolves is far from easy, but I've survived so far—they have extremely short tempers...I'm also beginning to think they have double personalities."

"Really? You think we're crazy?"

Belinda's eyes lifted to meet the eyes of the man that came to take Kassie on her birthday. He stretched out his hand in front of her. "Abraham."

Belinda hesitated before shaking his hand. "Belinda."

Abraham smiled as he wrapped an arm around Kassie. "Lets go to the dinner before I starve to death."

"You ate not long ago." Kassie raised an eyebrow at him. "I'm surprise you're so fit with how much junk you eat."

"Hey, you eat just as bad as I do." She hit his shoulder playfully which he returned by cupping her face in his hands and planting a kiss on her lips. They both smiled as they pulled away. Now, Kassie's face was bright red.

It made Belinda elated to see the evident happiness in her friend's eyes. Within a few weeks, these two seemed to have become really close.

"So, where exactly are we going?" Her eyes almost popped out of their sockets when Fane took her hand in his and began to lead her down the crowded streets. Abraham and Kassie followed, both engrossed in what seemed to be a humorous conversation due to their laughter.

They reached a small dinner and it was obvious everyone inside knew Fane and Abraham. As they walked to the tables at the back, everyone greeted them. Belinda couldn't help notice that everyone inside was male.

Her eyes narrowed as she realized she hadn't seen another female other than Kassie and her.

As she glanced around, she couldn't find something in the dinner different than the ones in her town. Those laughing and conversing seemed so...human.

"Does every vampire wear the same necklace as you?"

"No...It is so full due the weather," Fane said, gesturing to the glass window. Gray clouds covered every inch of the sky, not allowing any sun rays to peek through.

"Usually," Abraham began. "They only come out at night. Plus not everyone here is a vampire." The waiter came to their table and Abraham ordered an amount of food that seemed for four people. Kassie ordered a salad before Belinda asked for lasagna. Her eyes narrowed when Fane ordered nothing.

Even Abraham apparently found it odd. "You okay, Fane?"

Fane simply nodded, but when his eyes flickered scarlet, Abraham  appeared to hold back a smile as he glanced at Belinda.

Their food didn't take long and soon, they were all conversing as Belinda took a mouthful of her lasagna, closing her eyes as she relished the taste. "Wow—this is delicious."

"We can see that." Kassie chuckled. "So, has Fane explained to you how the bond works?"

When Belinda shook her head, Abraham glanced at Fane. "Are you serious?"

Fane shrugged. "What's the point?"

The table fell silent for a moment before Kassie smiled and said, " Well...the way Abraham explained it to me was that at first there are no effects at all, then slowly, you'll feel an electric sensation every time he touches you. The deeper you fall in love, the greater the effects will be. And the desire will grow until you want—"

"Please stop." Belinda laughed when Kassie did.

"Hey, that's far from how I explained it to you."

Kassie raised an eyebrow. "You implied it by saying that we won't be able to resist each other—"

"Fine...maybe I should have phrased it better."

"It doesn't matter," Belinda said, gaining all their attention. "Fane and I are not bound by a bond, but a contract. Once I complete everything in it, we'll never see each other again."

"Is that so." At the soft female voice, Belinda raised her gaze to meet large green eyes. The female smiled as she reached across the table. "I'm Zaylee, Fane's mother."

As Belinda's eyes grew wide, her heart almost jumped out of her chest. Never in a million years, would she have ever thought of meeting the Queen of the vampires.

She looked nothing like Fane.

Her emerald eyes stood out against her sun-kissed skin and her dark hair fell in soft waves down to her waist.

With clear hesitation, Belinda shook her hand. "Nice to meet you."

"Fane, I told you to take her to the cabin. It's far safer there than here."

Fane rose to his feet. "Mother, you shouldn't be here—"

"Oh don't worry about me. Zereff is here with me. He is using his mind tricks so that no one else sees me." She smiled at Belinda. "You were right. She's gorgeous." Belinda glanced at Fane, her cheeks feeling warm. He averted his gaze as he ran a hand through his hair.

Zaylee placed a hand on his shoulder, a dazzling smile on her lips before she glanced at Belinda. "Humans are not as informed as they should be. You have forgotten so much. Child, for your words to hold any truth, the mark on your forehead would look more like a scar than a black tattoo. Now, you children head to the cabin where is safer."

"Actually, I have to return home before my parents worry." Without another word, Belinda began to head out.

Kassie grabbed her forearm. "Wait."

Fane stood beside the table, speaking to his mother in a language Belinda couldn't comprehend. It was the same she had heard when she connected with him.

A smack to the back tore her from her thoughts. "Ouch." She pretended to be hurt as she met Kassie's gaze.

Kassie wiggled her eyebrows. "You're drooling."

"Oh shut it..." Belinda folded her arms over her chest. "He's not my type."

Kassie guffawed. "Bull shit and you know it!" She wrapped an around around Belinda's shoulder, pulling her closer. "I'm your friend—I know you well enough to know that man is so your type." She smiled as she pulled back. "He's fucking hot, so I approve."

"Kassie, there is more to love than a physical attraction."

"I know," she said. "But maybe, you should forget about that damn contract you both signed...and give each other a chance." She glanced behind Belinda. "It would be a pity for you to let that man slip right through your fingers—I heard there's someone trying to fill your spot."

Abraham took out a lighter out of his pocket. "Oh, I know who you're speaking off—Fane is royalty. Of course once the word got out that his beloved rejected him, powerful women would try everything to wrap him in their little webs." He glanced at Belinda. "Too bad for them, someone has already caught his interest."

"Well, then she can have him."

Belinda tried to leave, but Kassie grabbed her arm. "You fool. He's talking about you." Abraham chuckled as he walked out, lighting a cigar. "I can't believe you can be so oblivious sometimes...well—actually, all the time."

"He doesn't even know me."

"Hello, do you think I fell for Abraham the moment I met him—hell no!" She lowered her gaze, her cheeks turning rosy. "I'm slowly falling for that fool."

"Kassie..." Belinda leaned closer, whispering. "How can you easily trust them after everything? So many chosen ones are dead. What if they're behind it all?"

Doubt flashed in Kassie's eyes. "We would be dead by now." Kassie glanced outside where Abraham smoked a cigar whilst speaking to someone in the phone. "If they were the enemy...Abraham wouldn't be patient with me...he can easily over power me if he wanted to."

"I'm having a hard time...trusting any of them."

"That's because your father got to your head...Give him a chance...you lose nothing."

When Zaylee and Fane headed in their direction, they walked outside. Zaylee smiled at Belinda as she said, "I spoke to your parents before coming here and there is no problem with you staying with Fane tonight."

Belinda's eyes widened. "W-What?"

Before she could protest, Zaylee left, accompanied by a tall male. Kassie grabbed hold of Belinda's arm as they began to walk down the streets of the city. "So how are Keisha and Blake?"

"Good." They continued to talk until Fane took Belinda's hand whilst Abraham took Kassie's. The air around them seemed to flicker a bright white then they were in the forest.

"I hate these portals." Kassie said as she held a hand over her stomach. "They make me sick.

"Interesting," Abraham said as he stared at Belinda. "Usually, humans get a bit sick from walking through a portal." He glanced at Fane, who stared at Belinda with evident curiosity.

"I didn't think about that earlier." Fane seemed lost for a moment in his head before they began to walk again.

Trees loomed at each side of the large dirt path. Flowers fluttered to the ground all around them.

Kassie smiled as she caught one in her hand. "It's beautiful, isn't it?"

Belinda simply nodded.

Once they reached the end, Belinda narrowed her eyes as nothing but forest greeted them. Fane placed a hand over an invisible wall. In front of them, a mirror seemed to appear before lines spread through it like veins. It flickered and vanished like an act of magic.

Then, she could see a small cabin.

Once inside, Belinda was a bit surprised to see how minimalist it was. Abraham headed straight for the kitchen to return with a bag of chips and soda.

Kassie raised an eyebrow at him. "Really?"

"What? I told you we werewolves need to eat a lot."

"I'm beginning to worry how big our budget for food will be when we live together." He smiled and her eyes widened before her cheeks turned rosy. "If I decide to stay by your side."

He inched closer. "Remember that bet we made?" As his eyes shone amber, he glanced at her lips and that was Belinda's cue to give them some privacy.

She headed into the living room and took a seat on the sofa after grabbing a book from the coffee table. When she opened it, she realized it was a photo album. She looked through it, stopping at a picture of a male with the same hair color and eyes as Fane.

Hell, everything about the man looked like Fane.

Fane took a seat beside her and his gaze fell upon the photo book. "That's my brother."

"You were twins?" She continued to look through the pictures, realizing some had been taken out, but didn't ask about it.

Then, she found a picture of two identical boys standing next to each other, both so similar—except the way they stood. One seemed confident, arrogant. The other, shy, couldn't even look at the camera.

"Which one are you?" She glanced at him, smiling. "So, you were shy when younger?" He didn't seem surprised at all that she had managed to tell them apart.

At first glance, both brothers appeared identical, but Fane has large lashes, and a small birthmark right below his lip.

"That Photo was taken when I was ten...so much has happened since then."

Belinda thought about what Kassie had told her. Friends always wanted what was best. If one didn't take their advices seriously, then what was the point of having friends at all?

"Fine."

He met her gaze. "Fine, What?" His smile told her that he knew exactly what she had meant. She had placed her feet on the sofa before he had sat down so she kicked at him, playfully.

He actually chucked, making her smile. "You know exactly what I mean."

"Aw, how sweet!" Kassie sat on the loveseat seconds before Abraham followed suit. "So, what are we going to do now? Movies and a pizza!"

"That's fine with me."

When Abraham and Fane left to get the pizza's, Kassie sat beside her. "I'm happy to see that Fane and you decided to get to know each other." She paused for a moment. "When I heard about you signing the contract...it saddened me. You're so reckless—you need to start thinking things over before taking action."

"Since when do you know Fane?"

"Two days after I was chosen. He's one of Abraham's close friends. Trust me, I was fucking scared when I was told he was visiting." She giggled. "Abraham and Fane act like any brothers would. I admire their brother bond."

Belinda set the album down and stood, feeling her head throb with pain. "My head hurts." She took a step forward, but everything seemed to go in circles. Her legs became so week that she fell to the ground quivering like she was having a seizure.

Darkness consumed her, then a bright light blinded her, forcing her to bring her hands up. When she opened her eyes, she stood in the forest.

A distorted voice invited her head over and over. At first, she couldn't comprehend what it was saying. Pain engulfed her and she dropped to her knees.

Her eyes widened as scarlet bathed her hands, pouring into the ground. A scream tore through her lips when she saw her friends on the ground, unmoving, bathed in blood.

If you don't reject Fane...this will be your friend's fate.

Darkness once again shrouded her vision. She woke with a gasp and Kassie hugged her.

"Don't do that again. You scared me." Sweat glistened her body as she stood with the aid of Kassie. "What the hell happened?"

"I don't know." She sat down, clasping her quivering hands together. "I had a horrible dream...Keisha, Blake and you were dead...and it was all my fault."

Kassie stood in front of her before crouching and taking her hands. "Girl, that was nothing but a stupid nightmare."

Belinda pulled her hand out from her friend's hold. "It seemed so real." She began to fidget with the bracelet her mother gifted her. "A voice told me that would be your fate if I don't reject Fane."

Kassie seemed taken aback as she sat on the coffee table in front of Belinda. "A voice?"

Belinda nodded. "I couldn't tell wether it was male or female—it was distorted somehow—but your right, it was nothing but a nightmare."

The door opened and Belinda jumped to her feet, heart about to explode. Fane and Abraham walked in with the pizzas, both deep in conversation. Then, they froze, staring at Belinda.

"You look like you've seen a ghost," Abraham said, a playful smile on his lips but then he got serious. "Is everything okay?"

Kassie smiled, "Of course."

Belinda stared at Fane, who clearly didn't believe it, but said nothing as he set the pizza on the black countertop. He opened one of the cabinets to take out a couple of glass cups.

Abraham glanced at Fane before at Kassie. "Kassie, don't you lie to me."

Without a word, Kassie grabbed a slice of pizza before heading into the living room. Looking far from please, Abraham followed her.

"I'm not lying."

"I can listen to your heart beat and you are."

"Well, I don't care."

Belinda was going to head into the living room but a strong hand grasped her arm. "Tell me the truth."

The instant she met Fane's gaze, they seemed to have a soft silvery glow. His eyes narrowed as he raised his hand which held her arm, staring with curiosity at the bracelet her mother had gifted her.

She jerked her hand free. "I want to go home." Her eyes narrowed when she could no longer hear Kassie or Abraham. When she was tried to check on her friend, Fane placed his hand against the wall, blocking her way.

"We cannot keep secrets between us."

She met his gaze and neither spoke for the longest. "I was sitting with Kassie and all of a sudden I got a headache...I passed out then I saw all my friends dead. There was a voice and it said that would be their fate if I don't reject you—It was nothing but a nightmare, okay?"

As his eyes swirled scarlet, he inched closer and moved her hair away from her neck. "Just to be safe, please wear your necklace and never remove it."

This time, when he bit her neck, the pain did not take her by surprise. He seemed to have more control and didn't take too much. When he pulled back, she didn't feel the entire world go 'round and 'round like the first time. Perhaps, he had no experience with anything and was learning slowly.

At a soft laughter, Belinda pushed Fane away and smiled at Kassie, who was putting her hair in a high messy bun.

"So are we going to watch the movie or what?"

Belinda glanced at her friend's neck. "Why doesn't she have one as well?"

Before Fane could say anything, Abraham spoke as he leaned on the entrance to the living room. "That necklace was created by a close friend of the vampire royals. We wolves don't really get along with sorcerers."

Kassie grabbed hold of Belinda's hand and led her to the living room where a movie was playing. They sat next to each other as Abraham and Fane spoke in the kitchen in a foreign language.

"What do you think they're talking about?" Belinda asked.

Kassie thought for a moment. "I'm gonna probably have fifty body guards with me from now on."

"Sorry."

Kassie smiled. "Oh it's not your fault. Abraham was thinking about it already because of everything that's happening."

Belinda became lost in her head for a moment. "I truly hope it was nothing but a dream."

"Me too."

After they finished watching the movie and eating all the pizza, Belinda stood stretching her arms out. "Well, I'm exhausted."

"Yeah, it's pretty late." Kassie stood and gave a kiss to Abraham on the cheek. His eyes narrowed as she smiled at him. "Good night."

"First room to the left," Fane said, looking way too relaxed on the large sofa.

Abraham chuckled. "Seriously?"

"Yeah, seriously." Kassie folded an arm around Belinda's as they headed toward the stairs and into their room. One inside the small room, Belinda jumped on the bed, feeling extremely tired.

"You're evil."

"Oh, I'm evil? What did he think? That we were going to sleep together tonight? Ha!" She chortled. "I told him I wasn't going to make it easy."

Belinda couldn't help but laugh as her eyes began to grow heavy until she couldn't keep them open and darkness seized hold of her.

She was roused from her sleep by a hand shaking her shoulder. "You're one heavy sleeper." Kassie giggled.

After they got up, Kassie took a bag with many things and put it on the bed. Belinda's eyes narrowed as Kassie handed her a toothbrush, toothpaste and clothes.

"Who brought all this?"

"Addilyn. She's one of Abraham's and Fane's friend." Without another word, she pushed Belinda into the door that was left opened to reveal a simple bathroom. "Now hurry up and get ready."

When they walked down the stairs, Abraham was waiting for them at the front door. "Change of plans. I have to take you back to your house."

"Where is Fane?"

Abraham opened the door for them. "He had to return to his prince duties."

When she returned home, her mother walked out of the house and headed toward her to give her a hug. "I'm glad your back—I was terrified that I would never see you again."

Keisha came from down the street and rushed to their side, crushing Kassie in a hug. "Glad to see you!"

Abraham's gaze fell upon Blake as he also came. Belinda's eyes narrowed when Abraham lowered his gaze, eyes flashing amber.

"Come inside—Did you have breakfast yet?"

Belinda sat at the dinning table with Kassie and Keisha, all of them enjoying her mother's food. Belinda grabbed her cup filled with orange juice.

"Mom, I'm going to see Fane every day now."

Her mother froze. "Okay." She faced them. "Just be careful...remember that they have the ability to make you do anything they desire."

"Fane wouldn't do such a thing," Kassie said.

"You have no idea what they can be capable off." Her mother dried her hands with a cloth napkin before meeting Belinda's gaze. "Rumors say that's how they get the chosen ones to stay...they get in their heads and make them believe their deeply in love."

When Belinda glanced at Kassie, it seemed her mother's words were getting to her as well. "Mom, I signed a contract...if I don't spend time with him...I will die."

"I know, sweetheart." Her mother walked closer and cupped her face, making her meet her gaze. "Please don't remove the bracelet, ever."

"What the hell does that bracelet do?" Kassie said as she stood. "Pissing them off is far from a good idea."

"It doesn't hurt Fane...it simply stops him from using any sort of gift on my child."

Belinda stared into the distance as she recalled what happened last night and how Fane had started at her bracelet.

He knows.

Yet, he didn't seem mad at all.

"I'm going for a jog later," Keisha said, clearly trying to change the subject. "Are you going to come with me?"

Belinda nodded.

"I'll join you as well," Kassie said with a big smile.

"Great!"

Of course Abraham was far from pleased, but he still allowed Kassie to stay for a couple of hours. Once they were getting ready for their jog, Belinda searched her room for her necklace until she remembered taking it off before her shower.

"Mom! Did you see my necklace in the bathroom!"

"I put it in the bottom drawer!"

"I can't find it!" Belinda opened it and rummaged through all the things she had. She really did need to declutter. "Never mind!"

She put it on and headed out the door after grabbing her headphones and cell. From there on, all of them always went for a jog through the woods.

As weeks passed, she had to admit Fane was gaining a place in her heart. He was no different from the human boys she knew. He was truly a gentleman. Eventually, he did come to the house, but of course, Belinda was still hesitant to invite him, so she spent time with him on the front steps. She did notice the weird glances they received from neighbors, but she ignored them.

Today, Kassie, Keisha and her were jogging through the woods as they did every Friday, which had become their cardio day due to Abraham not wanting Kassie away from him every day, even if it was just three hours.

Belinda jogged to a stop to change the station on her phone when she heard a snap of a twig. Kassie and Keisha stopped beside her.

Keisha propped her hands on hip. "Is it me or this path seems longer?"

At a noise, they turned to face three males, whose eyes flickered scarlet against the sunlight.  Not wasting time to find out if they were friendly or not, they all broke into a run.

Perhaps it was the adrenaline rushing through them that had them all running faster than before. When Keisha tripped over an outgrown root, Belinda and Kassie helped her up.

"Don't worry," the dark haired male said before gesturing to Belinda. "We want her."

"And you're not getting her." Keisha stood in front of Belinda and the male laughed before grabbing Keisha by the arm, yanking her away from Belinda. Belinda let out a scream when Kassie was pulled away from her as well by the red headed one.

"Remove the necklace or they die," the tallest one said.

"Don't listen to him!" The back of the dark-haired male opened hand met Kassie's cheek, sending her to sprawling to the ground. When she lifted her head to meet Belinda's gaze, blood stained her lips and dribbled down to her jaw.

Belinda stared wide eyed as red-headed one grabbed a fist full of Keisha's hair and jerked her head back, parting his lips enough to flaunt sharp fangs.

"You were asked to reject Fane...you've disobeyed."

"I'll do it—just let them go."

The male thought for a moment. "I don't believe you." 

He was about to bite Keisha when Belinda shouted, "No!" She began to remove her necklace as her friends begged her to not listen. "Let them go."

"Toss it to the ground and step away," he said, a menacing smile in his lips.

She hesitated before letting it drop the the forest floor. The moment she stepped back, the tallest one grabbed her by the hair and began to pull her away.

Heart about to explode, she struggled against him. When she managed to get loose, she whirled around and swung her closed hand, impacting him across his face. When he stumbled, she tried to get to her friends to no avail. A hand wrapped around her waist and lifted her off her feet.

"Is the human too much for you?" The dark-haired vampire said.

"She is strong for a human," the tallest one said. "That actually fucking hurt."

The dark-haired man took out a blade that glinted against the dazzling sunlight. "Our boss said we should show you the consequences of your disobedience."

He shoved the blade into Kassie's shoulder. As Kassie screamed in agony, Belinda stared wide-eyed fighting back the tears.

She fought with all her might against the one who held her prisoner. "Stop, please!"

The male now headed toward her. He placed the blade, covered in her friend's blood, against her cheekbone.

Belinda glanced at her friend on the floor holding a hand over the laceration, blood dribbling from between her fingers.

The tall man laughed. "I can't understand why the boss wants her alive."

The male with the blade lowered it. "That doesn't matter...I can see why Fane has become infatuated with her."

He grabbed a fist full of her hair before yanking her away from the one who held her against her will. Screams tore through her lips as she swung her fists and kicked, but it was no use.

Let her go you bastards!" Keisha shouted.

Tears streamed down Belinda's face as she begged  them to stop, but both vampires just laughed at her. For a moment she thought this had to be a horrendous dream, but it wasn't.

Why was this happening to her?

What did she do to deserve this?

The man holding her down against the forest floor suddenly wasn't on her anymore. A cry tore from her lips as she was hauled to her feet by the hair. The taller one held her against her will as he wrapped his fingers around her neck.

Belinda's eyes widened as she tried to cover her exposed flesh. Fane stood in front of her bathed in blood.

She could not spot the body of the other man, but she was certain as she stared at the blood dripping from Fane's parted lips, that he was dead.

And she was glad.

"My apologies about your brother, but no one lays a hand on my beloved."

The man tightened his grip on her neck. "If you get closer, I'll kill her." His voice trembled with clear fear. Right now, even Belinda was terrified of the sight in front of her.

A dark chuckle came from Fane. "I will have your heart in my hand before you even do such thing."

Belinda screamed when a wolf leaped out of the forest, locking his canine on the man's arm. As the man released her, another came and jump on top of the man, bringing him down.

The man screamed in agony as the wolves locked their canine on his flesh and pulled, tearing it apart over and over.

Not able to withstand it, Belinda turned around and sprinted toward her friends. Fane was knelt beside Kassie. Belinda noticed the cut on his wrist hat healed within seconds.

Abraham rushed to Kassie's side, completely as he had come into this world and just like Fane, he was bathed in blood.

"I fed her my blood."

Fane removed his sweater and placed it around Belinda. Yes. It was stained with blood, but she didn't care.

When Belinda glanced at Keisha, she stood still as the wolf walked around her. Was it making sure she was okay?

"It was a mistake letting you live with your family." Fane inched closer to her and cupped her face before moving  his hand to the back of her head, pulling her closer so that their foreheads could touch. "A mistake I won't make again."

"This is all my fault—I can't be with you—I can't, knowing everyone I love will be in danger."

His eyes glistened as he hugged her. "Even if you do as they want...they won't stop. They will still hurt those you care about. They know how much you mean to me. By causing you immense pain...they hurt me as well." His hold around her tightened the moment she began to cry uncontrollably.

He didn't let her go, not even after she had no more tears left. She rested her head on his shoulder, not caring once that he was bathed in blood. In his arms, she had to admit that she felt safe. She never wanted him to let her go.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

361 31 24
The year has come for millie evergreen and so many other supernatural beings to find their eternity. The choosing is a ceremony of love, to bring tog...
65.6K 3.2K 31
Jade went through a lot since she moved towns after her parent's death. Everything was turned around and almost seemed impossible. Now she has to ch...
129K 3.1K 22
I was a human girl looking for a safe place from the supernatural creatures that had invaded our world. I never expected to be a mate to a powerful w...
66.6K 1.9K 21
*currently editing* mature content. a rewrite of a previous work.