Contract Bound [Old Draft]

By Sexyglamoruz

For centuries, humans have been chosen to become the mate of one of the creatures that rule the forest. It is... More

Copyright & A/N
-PROLOGUE-
-CHAPTER ONE-
-CHAPTER THREE-
-CHAPTER FOUR-
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
Chapter Seven
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two (FINAL)
Cursed Love Excerpt

-CHAPTER TWO-

134K 4.7K 633
By Sexyglamoruz

For the next few days, Belinda had to deal with not only the stares from everyone, but also the gossip. It seemed that most of the town now disliked her.

Perhaps, they had every reason too.

She stood in front of the full-length mirror in her bedroom, staring at the tattoo-like intricate half moon plastered on her forehead.

Her being in the town probably did put everyone in danger. However, they were also trying to blame her for the deaths of the four people.

Most people in the town seem to expect her to walk into the woods and wait there to meet her demise just like the other chosen ones.

At the moment, she was hoping for days to fly by faster so she would graduate. Though, it wasn't like she could live the rest of her life locked up in her house.

She leaned closer, and as the seconds ticked by, she could have sworn the mark on her forehead had a soft golden glow. When her eyes did the same, she gasped and stepped back.

Then, thoughts invaded her head, making it throb in pain. She grunted as she placed a hand against her temple and the soft glow intensified.

Her vision blurred seconds before there was an enormous corridor in front of her. Someone beside her laughed, saying something she couldn't comprehend.

Then it was as if her head had been smashed against the wall. A cry tore through her lips as she squeezed her eyes shut. When she fluttered then opened, she was back in her room, trembling, wondering what the hell just happened.

Her parents opened the door, concerned evident in both their eyes.

"Are you okay?" Her mother asked her.

"Sorry, I thought I saw a spider." A pathetic lie that was obvious her parents didn't believe. She tried smiling to assure them she was fine. It vanished the second her eyes fell upon the golden paper in her father's hand.

As she stared at it, she wished she could turn back time and stop herself from signing it without even reading it first. A foolish move that would probably come back to bite her in the behind.

"Did you read it?" She asked, her voice trembling.

Her father shook his head. "Sweetheart, only you can see its contents."

When he handed it to her, she didn't waste time. The second her eyes fell upon it, it was as if an invisible pen was maneuvered over the soft paper.

She was to become Fane's blood source.

She forced herself to remain calm to not freak out her parents.

Fane was a vampire.

She tried to remember any detail from the many books in the library of the town. Nope. Right now she couldn't think straight.

"I'm going for a walk."

Before her parents could stop her, she rushed out of the house. Of course, everyone was enjoying the wonderful weather, so she received plenty of stares. Some people even seem to make distance when she got too close.

She didn't care though.

Once she reached the river she frequent often with her friends, she stood at the riverbed and continued to read the contract.

She was to leave every weekend with Fane, starting the moment she graduated. Well, now she wished she never did graduate.

As she took a deep breath to control her heart beat, she listened to the beautiful chirping of the birds high in the canopy.

"Did you read it?"

She whirled around and came face to face with Fane.

"Not all of it yet." She stared at the golden paper in her hands for a minute before saying anything again. "What happened earlier?"

"You accidentally connected with me using our bond."

She started at the contract, noting her quivering hands. "I'm scared to find out what else you've added to this."

"I didn't add anything too extreme," he simply said before half his lip lifted into a smile.

"Yeah, well...I'll be the judge of that." Her eyes widened as she read that she was to spend time with him for minimum the next three years. Once the three years were up, she had the choice to return home if she desired it. "Three years?"

"Would you have wanted more?"

She forced herself to not smile at his tone. "Why three years?"

"That is the norm after someone is chosen."

At the last part in the contract, her heart began to beat out of control. She met his gaze. "You want two children..." For a moment, neither spoke, or met each other's gaze.

If within the time given, she didn't feel anything for him, she doubted it would be easy to lay in bed with him. "Why would you add this to the contract?"

"You left me no other choice."

She shot him a look. "There has to be more...can't you have kids with a vampire female?"

"With you, the chances are far higher. Besides...time is ticking for me."

"Really? Huh." She glanced at the paper. "It doesn't state anything about you dying if I don't fulfill everything in the contract."

When he took a step forward, she took one back. "My father was poisoned and he is slowly dying. Trust me, I have little time to have an heir. If I fail him, our enemy will take complete control."

"You're his only son?"

"I'm his only living son."

She fell silent for a moment. "How long does he have?"

"He was given three years."

So that's why he had been specific in the contract. Her heart almost leaped out of her chest when she realized he had moved and now stood mere inches away.

At this proximity and with the sunlight reflecting in his eyes, she could see they had a hint of blue in them with a black rim around them.

She resisted the urge to step back when he lifted his hand to her face. Her eyes narrowed as he grabbed one of her dirty blond locks.

When she met his gaze, his eyes swirled to blood-red in an instant. Her heart began to hammer against her rib cage as she realized he was starving.

She had signed the contract agreeing to everything.

Without a word, he moved her hair out of the way and pressed his warm lips against the tender skin before biting down. She pressed her lips between her teeth to stop herself from screaming. As he drank from her, he did not move closer or pull her to him.

This was nothing but a feeding.

Once done, he pulled his fangs out and stepped back. For a moment, everything seemed to spin and without thinking it over, she clung to his shoulder, afraid she might collapse. When she was certain she would not fall, she stepped back and looked away.

"I should return home."

He stood in her way as he pulled something out of his pocket. Her eyes narrowed when he handed her a small golden box with beautiful engraved intricate designs.

"What is this?" When he didn't answer her, she opened the box to find a necklace with a black diamond. There seemed to be black flames flowing through it.

"A friend created it just for you. It will protect you against my enemies."

She glanced at the necklace and by the time she lifted her gaze again, he was gone. Not wasting any time, she jogged back, startled by any sound. When she arrived home, she headed to her room and locked the door behind her.

With a sigh, she lay on her back on her bed, staring for the longest at the white ceiling. She tossed the contract to the floor before running her hands through her hair.

At a knock on the door, she stood and opened. She tried to smile at her friends but knew she failed miserably when Kesha hugged her.

"Is this your contract?" Blake asked as he picked it up from the floor.

She took it from him. "Yes, it is."

"You should have read it," Kesha said as she sat on the bed.

"I know, but I wasn't thinking."

"So what did he asked for?" Blake asked. "A child?"

Belinda nodded. "Two children."

Blake raised an eyebrow. "Two?"

"Yes, two, dos, deux, duo—"

"Okay, I get it." Blake laughed. "It just seems difficult to believe he can conceive two children. It is extremely difficult for a vampire to have children."

"That's true—I remember reading something like that in the library." Kesha wiggled her eyebrows. "Better be prepared for countable nights without sleep."

Belinda's cheeks burned. "Oh shut it."

"He is not bad looking for a vampire."

"I'll admit that he isn't, but..." Her voice drifted off as she became lost in her own thoughts.

She had dreamt of her first time being with someone she deeply loved, someone she was going to grow old with.

"I don't want to keep talking about this." Belinda took a seat beside Kesha and leaned her head on her friend's shoulder. "I'm terrified."

"We know." Kesha hugged her. "I wish we could help—what exactly does it say? Read it."

And she did.

Kesha stood from the bed. "There it is!" She smiled, meeting Belinda's gaze. "I knew he wouldn't read that thing twice because he was in a rush—he had what? A couple of minutes to write it?" She stood, chin high. "There is a loophole."

"What are you talking about—"

Kesha interrupted her with, "First of all, it doesn't  state that you can't date human boys during those three years—it just states that you have to spend time with him." She smiled. "And it doesn't state that you have to give him the kids by the three year mark."

As she stared at the contract, Belinda smiled but then squeezed her lip together. "I eventually would have to give him the children he desires."

"You can be his surrogate when you fell ready—my cousin did that for a friend." She propped her hands on her hips, looking too proud of herself. "See problem solved."

"I hate to be negative but," Blake said. "there is someone out there who wants you dead."

"So what? You want her to pretend to love Fane just so he'll protect her against the sycophant—"

"Wait a minute, I did not say to deceit Fane. That would make things worse."

"Don't argue please," Belinda stood and picked up the box on the bed. "He gave me this." She took out the necklace and stared at the black diamond. "He said it would protect me."

Blake took it from her and motioned for her to turn around. After she did, she raised her long hair so that he could put it on. When she faced them again, she held her fingers over the warm diamond.

At the door opening, she glanced over her shoulder at her mother, who held a box in her hands, a smile on her lips. "Hey." She handed the box to Belinda." An early graduation present."

Belinda opened it and grabbed the bracelet, "I like it, thanks." She put it on before hugging her mother, who seemed hesitant to pull away.

"Well the food is ready so all of you head downstairs and eat." With a smile, she exited the room. Belinda fidgeted with the bracelet in her wrist for a moment. As she followed the others out of the room, she couldn't stop worrying, haunted by Blake's words.

Someone out there would stop at nothing until she took her last breath.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

948K 29.5K 29
He startled me when his hands gripped my hips pulling me into his body, my hands resting on his warm chest. I looked up to find him staring at me, bu...
65.6K 3.2K 31
Jade went through a lot since she moved towns after her parent's death. Everything was turned around and almost seemed impossible. Now she has to ch...
4.2K 122 40
Zoe cambridge is a 19 year old girl who moves to a new town , she always wanted to go to a school called regwood high .she doesnt know she will be li...
3.2K 233 65
Ashley was ready to finish high school and run to college but one night she finds her mate. Now she has to choose between her fate or dream before so...