Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Sh...

By LayceJ25

Sherlock Holmes, Dr. Watson and (y/n) Adler join forces to outwit and bring down their fiercest adversary, Pr... More

Chapter 1: The Game is Afoot
Chapter 2: Stag Night and Wedding Day
Chapter 3: Meeting Professor Moriarty
Chapter 5: Arriving in Paris
Chapter 6: Escaping a Wine Cellar and an Explosion
Chapter 7: The Factory and Saving Holmes
Chapter 8: The Endgame

Chapter 4: A Train Ride

5K 151 25
By LayceJ25

Watson's and his newlywed wife walk along the train station and got to Platform 7, arms looped around each other. "Which coach are we?" Mary asked Watson. "It should be....here." said Watson as he points his cane at the open door of a first class coach.

"Ooh, first class." She said, impressed, and she walks in. Watson smiles as he looks down the platform and sees a group of soliders boarding train. 'Odd.' Watson thought. 'I wonder....'  "Hurry up, Doctor Watson, your wife needs you." Mary whispered, seductively. Watson looks over at her and said with a smile. "Coming, Mrs Watson." And he climbs in the soldiers driven out of his mind.

They enter the coach and the first thing Mary sees is a bottle of champagne. "First class, champagne. You know who to spoil a girl, Mr Watson." Mary said, smiling, as she holds up the cold bottle. "You're not just any girl." Watson replied as he peeks his head out of the door and into the hallway of the train, checking to see if everything was clear.

Being friends with Sherlock Holmes has made him more cautious of things. He hears a knock and looks down to the hall and sees the back of a woman's head. She had long curly blonde hair and wearing a black dress with a hat on. "I'm sorry madam, you can't use the lavatory while the train is in station." The train conductor said and he walks away while the woman still stands by the lavatory.

Watson glares at this suspiciously then turns back towards his wife and shuts the sliding door. "You're Mrs Watson." He said to Mary. They stare at each other for a few moment until he looks down and says. "Give me that bottle." Mary hands him the champagne and begins to open it.

As the night and the train ride wore on, Mary and Watson were enjoying their time alone. Mary is sitting on Watson's lap, the two of them kissing. "John, there is no where else in the world I'd rather be." Mary whispers to him. "There's no one I'd rather be with." He whispers back to her. Mary's hand travels to Watson back until she feels something in the back of his trousers.

She grabs the object and pulls it out and see that it is a gun. "Why do you have a gun stuffed in the back of your trousers?" She asked. Watson chuckles and said. "Old habits." Mary was about to lean in to kiss him until there was a knock at the door.

Mary jumps off of Watson and takes the seat next to him. Watson clears his throat and said. "Come in." The door opens and a waiter with another bottle of champagne comes in. "Oh yes please!" Mary said, excitedly, but Watson was suspicious.

"We didn't order that." He said, firmly.

"Compliments, sir." The waiter said. Mary bites her lip and smiles.

"Thank you. Put it over there." Watson said, pointing to the other side of the carriage.

The man walks in and shuts the door. The lights flicker for a moment and the man turns around towards Wataon, a knife in his hand. The man charges his hand at Watson but he stops the man before the knife makes contact with his skin. Mary stands back in fright as Watson fights back. The man raises his other arm but Watson blocks it with his other arm. Then he grabs the hand, that has the knife, stands up and push the man agaisnt the seat.

Mary aims Watson's gun at the man and said. "Open the door, John."

Watson raises an eyebrow at her then goes to open the other side door. "I think it's time for you to leave." Mary said to the man. Watson pulls the man up by the collar and throws him out of the carriage. Watson looks over at his wife and said. "Sit down."

She does as she's told and Watson takes his gun from her hand. She places her hand over her mouth, in shock at what she done, then looks up at her husband. He raises his finger to his lips and slowly places his hand on the handle of the door. He stands there for a few seconds then opens it and looks around the hallway.

He looks over at the other end of the hall and sees a solider walking along and the blonde haired woman coming out one of the carriages and she takes off her jacket then elbows the soldier in the face.

Watson, surprised at this, looks back in his carriage as the woman grabs the gun from the soldier and shoots at two soldiers that were coming down the other side. They duck and run away as another soldier comes up behind the woman and grabs the woman.

The woman struggles with the soldier's grip but a man comes up behind the soldier and hits the soldier in the back of the neck. The soldier loosens his grip as he starts to fall back and the man grabbed his shoulder and throws him down on the ground as more soldiers come in and the woman aims the gun and shoots at the soldiers while the man ducks and heads over to Watson's carriage.

Watson pops out of the door and aims his gun only to met Holmes. "Holmes?" Watson whispered as the woman walks up next to them. Watson looks her over and realized that it was you. "Hello Watson." You said, cheerfully as you and Holmes walk in the carriage and you take off the wig.

"My God." Mary says as she sees you two walk in.

"They'll be back." Holmes said as you hand the soldiers gun to Watson.

"John, shut the door." Mary said.

"They'll only shoot through it." You said.

"She's right." Watson said as he stand by the door and aims his gun and begins to shoot.

"Oh my God." Mary whispers as she sits down. Holmes sits next to her as you sit next to him.

"I understand." Holmes said.

"Do you?" Mary asked, viciously.

"Terribly inconvenient." You remarked.

"We don't have much time." Holmes shouted and he walks over to the open door and looks out.

"How many are we expecting?" Watson asked as he keeps lookout.

"Half a dozen." You replied.

"Who are they?" Watson asked.

"A wedding present from Moriarty." Holmes said as he keeps looking outside.

"Lovely ceremony by the way. Many tears shed in joy." Holmes said to Mary.

"Oh, John." Mary pleads as Watson shoots another soldier.

"Just a minute, darling." Watson said, as he continues to shoot people.

"Do you trust me?" Holmes asked Mary as he grabs her by the arms.

"No." She replied.

"Well then I should have to...." Holmes trials off as he looks over at Watson then over at you.

You nod at him as he looks back at Mary and said. "Do something about that." And he grabs her and throws her out the door. You whince at this as you hear her scream out.

"Who's up next to bat, you bastards!" Watson shouted as he continues to shoot at the soldiers. "Send out the fastballer!" 

"John, do shut the door." You ordered as you stand up next to Holmes. Watson looks around then shuts the door. He turns around and just sees you and Holmes. "It had to be done." Holmes said as he raises his hands up.

Watson, eyes widen in fear, runs to the open door and looks out. "She's safe now, Watson." You said. Watson looks over at you two with anger. "In our defense...." Holmes starts to explain but Watson charges at him and grabs him by the neck and pushed him down on the seats.

"Did you kill my wife?" He asked as you go over and try to pry Watson off of Holmes.

"Did you just kill my new wife?!?!"

"Of course not!" Holmes shouted then Watson punches him across the face.

"Watson that's enough!" You shouted as you pull him off of Holmes then he turns around and slams you against the closed door and shouted. "How can you two know when he just threw her off a train?!"  

"I told you, I timed it perfectly!" Holmes shouted back as he tries to pull Watson off of you.

"What does that mean?!" He asked, angrily.

Holmes gets Watson off of you and the two of you restrain him.

"Calm down." You said.

"Explain! Both of you!" Watson demanded.

"By the time we explain the three of us will be dead!" Holmes shouted just as the door opens and another soldier comes up and aims a gun at the three of you.

FLASHBACK

You, in your disguise, was walking down the hall of the train and headed to the lavatory. You take the tube of red lipstick and put it on your lips. Then put it in your little hand purse as a conductor comes up to you and said. "I'm sorry madam. But you can't use the lavatory while train is in station."

You smile at him as the man walks away. You move out of his way and pulled put a coin and used it on the screw for the vacant/engaged lock. You switched it from engaged to vacant and you walk it and changed it back to engaged.

You walk in and see a closed visor and flipped it over to see the next room was filled with soldier in red. 'This must be Moriarty's men.' You thought as you close the visor and walk over to the toliet and run your hands along the chain then you go over to the sink and kicked the bottom of you foot at the dial.

The wheel comes off and you take that end and put it on the little capsule box and used the dial to open the box to reveal another dial. You pull out the phosphorus bottle, that Holmes gave you, an put it on this cotton ball. You got to the switch, turning off the light.

You get out of the bathroom as the soldiers come out and you take the cotton ball and blow on it as the phosphorus spreads all around. The men begin to cough as you make your way to one of the guns, take out your lipstick capsule, pull out one of the bullets and replaced it with the lipstick capsule.

PRESENT

The soldier takes aim and fires but instead of shooting a bullet the gun backfires and catches the soldiers on fire. Watson stares in horror as You and Holmes move away from him. "That was no accident. It was by desgin." Holmes said a you handed him the chain and knobs from toliet.

He takes one end of the chain, which had a grenade at the end, and puts it on one of the bars of the luggage rack then takes the white oval knob and wraps it around the handle of the door. "Now do you need us to elavorate?" Holmes asked Watson as you rip the skirt off of the dress your wearing, revealing that you were wearing pants underneath. "Or can we just crack on?" He asked then he walks out of the open door, grabs on the edges and shimmys along the edges.

"Come on!" He shouts as you shrug at Watson and make your way to the door and copy Holmes. Watson sighs and follows suit and the three of you shimmy along the sides of the train. "Don't worry, Watson, she's as safe as houses, she's with Mycroft." You said.

"I'm on my honeymoon!" Watson shouted. "Why did you lead them here? Why did you involve us?" Watson asked, angrily.

"They're not here, for me or (y/n). They're here for you!" Holmes shouted.

Watson looks between the two of you, confused, ad you see one or the soldiers stick his head our of the carriage you just vacated. "Fortunately...." You shouted just as the grenade goes off and the soldier is flung out of the train.

The three of you hang on to the sides tighter as the shockwaves go through the train. "So are we. Now move the door!" Holmes shouted and he opens and walks into another carriage, that was occupied by an elderly couple. "Good evening." He said, calmly. The elderly woman gasped as her husband runs over to her and holds her. Holmes walks over to the other side of the carriage and opens the door.

"I think you'll find second class is more comfortable, coast is clear." He said as he moves out of the way of the door and gestures to the door for the couple. They don't move. "To the South! Quick, march!" He shouts and the couple run out of the carriage as you and Watson climb in the carriage. Holmes closes the door while you and Watson close the other door.

You let out a sigh and the two of you turn around to see Holmes on the floor on his back. "Lie down with me, you two." He ordered.

"Why?" Watson asked, annoyed and exasperated.

"Because he insists." You said as you pull Watson down to the floor both of you on either side of Holmes, who pulls out his pipe and a match and starts to light it.

"What are we doing down here?" Watson asked as Holmes takes the first puff of smoke.

"We are waiting. I am smoking." Holmes replied, nonchalantly.

Watson rolls his eyes and you let out a sigh when just a few seconds later, bullets begin to fly everywhere.

All three of you curl up on your side, close to each other; Holmes still smoking his pipe. "Patiently waiting." Holmes said, calmly. "For what?" Watson asked, shouting over the gunfires. You reach in your pocket and pull out a small gun and reached over Holmes and handed Watson the gun. "Your window of opportunity." You said as Watson takes the gun.

Then the gunfire stops and Watson gets up and aims the gun through the hole the gunfire has made. "Make it count!" Holmes said as he lays on his back and smiles his pipe. Watson takes aim and sees the gunman. He fires the gun and the bullet hits the man in the arm, who happened to drop an active grenade.

Then another gunman comes up the machine gun and continues to shoot at the three of you, debris of wood fly across your faces. "I said make it count!" Holmes shouted at Watson, who was covering his face with his hand. "How many windows must we provide?" You asked just as an explosions rings out and the gunfire stops.

Afterwhile the three of you were sitting in a luggage carraige, Watson giving you two the silent treatment. "Who'd have known that honeymooning in Brighton was such a dangerous notion?" Holmes asked. "Is that what this is about?" Watson asked.

"By you admission, you be never enjoyed it there." You said to him.

"I never been to Brighton." Watson said, firmly.

"Or...your just too fragile to remember at present." Holmes mutters as you give a small chuckle.

"Oh, shut up! Tell me that my wife's safe!" Watson demanded.

"We can't do both." You said. Watson rolls his eyes.

"We promise. As I said I timed it perfectly." Holmes said.

"Why were Mary and I targeted at all?" Watson asked. "Excellent question. The answer is two fold." Holmes began but Watson talks over him. "He's after us because of you, Holmes."  "I'm afraid you must bear half the responsibility." Holmes continues. "Here it comes." Watson said, exasperated. "Had you and Mary had not not been so hellbent on your wedding, we could've solved this case." Holmes said.

"There it is....it's my fault now." Watson mutters. "Holmes, dear, don't blame Watson. It's not his fault." You said. You look over at Watson, who nods back at you. "Thank you, (y/n)." He said. "But it does seem that our partnership has not yet run its course. Watson, if you could be bothered to see this through to the end we will never again ask you to assist us." You said, softly, as you go and sit next to Watson and places your hand on his shoulder.

Watson stares out in front of him for a second before he turns to look at you, staring into your (e/c) eyes. "Once more unto the bridge." Watson said, raise g his pointer finger in the air. "That's the spirit!" Holmes said, excitedly. "Now to the question...it is deliciously complicated. You maybe asking yourself? What does a criminal mastermind want with a simple gypsy fortune teller? It's about her brother, I tell you. When we find him and we must..."  

"After you find my luggage." Watson replied. Holmes looks at him with such distain but Watson continues. "Go on..." You sigh as you get up and start looking for the luggage.

"Wait....where is it we're going?" Watson asked.

"Paris, the most sensible honeymoon destination of all." Holmes replied, dramatically.

The next day the three of you board a boat that was heading to Paris. You, Holmes and Watson sit on a bench in silence until Watson speaks up. "So why Paris?"  

"Peaches." Holmes replied.

"Outside the city at Montlicon, there's a gypsy camp famous for its dried fruit, especially peaches." He pulls out a pouch from his suitcase and showed a dried up peach to Watson. "There we shall find our fortune teller, and we'll return her bag." He said as Watson looks down at the two open suitcases, that belong to both you and Holmes, and sees something of interest in your case.

He reaches down and pulls out the bloody handkerchief and sees the initials of Irene Adler. Watson's mouth hangs open as he looks over at you.

You look over at Watson and he can see the hurt and sadness in your eyes. "(Y/N), I'm sorry." Watson said, softly, as you take the cloth out of his hand. You give him a small smile as you walk over to the edge of the boat, both of the men watch you, intently.

You look down at the cloth and the blood spot and let out a sob. Tears fall down your face as you look out towards the ocean. You fiddle with the cloth in your hands and whispered. "I'm sorry I didn't reconcile with you sooner, Irene. Even if I didn't show it....I do love you." You walk closer to the edge and lift your hand up, that was holding the cloth, and tossed it into the ocean. "Goodbye, sister dear." You whispered, tearfully, and you walk over to the boys and sit between them.

Watson places a hand on your shoulder as Holmes wraps an arm around you. You lean your head on Holmes's shoulder and begin to cry as the boat sails across the ocean taking the three of you to Paris.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 3.8K 7
War vet Dr. John Watson returns to London in need of a place to stay. He meets Sherlock Holmes, a consulting detective, and Sergeant (Y/N) (L/N) and...
92.6K 2.8K 10
Sherlock and (y/n) go up against the notorious blackmailer Charles Augustus Magnussen.
421K 17.9K 46
Sherlock x Reader You aren't exactly fond of Sherlock. He might be brilliant, but he's without a doubt the most rude and arrogant man you've ever had...
4.1K 239 13
Sherlock teams up with the Doctor to help dismantle Moriarty's network. But what will happen when the detective interfers with a fixed point in time?