Best Pal Ever

love_mailer द्वारा

This is a story of an endearing friendship that is as strong as rock, as stick as glue and as clingy like mag... अधिक

Prologue
the story continues...
Finale

Best Pal Ever

83 4 2
love_mailer द्वारा

There's this girl named Hannah amazes me the most. She owns a Labrador retriever named Charlie since 8 years old. She loves to play with him everyday. They play after school and during weekend.

When I first saw her at the park from a far, I thought she's a very shy girl. She's sitting on one of the bench 2 kilometers away from the playground. She looks afraid of the people around her. But in her eyes I knew that she wants to play and try all the amenities in the park. She never plays like a normal child at her age do. I guess something's bothering her and just stay where she is. I can't leave my eyes off her. What she'll do next? And as time passes, she's contented observing the children at the park playing. I learn from her nanny that she has asthma. Maybe it is the main reason she is prohibited to play hard games. How did I know? That's for you to figure out.

Today is summer season in the Philippines. It is during the month of April and May where students from Grade School and High School take a break from school. And yeah we have so much time to mingle and play. Every afternoon, I accompany my sister to the park where she loves to play. Honestly, she's not my sister since birth. We have no blood relationship because they adopted me but I am proud to tell the world that she and her family love me so much. They treated me like a family member. I am the youngest daughter to her parents. I faithfully care and love them. I would give my life to protect them. That is how much they mean to me.

My 18 year old sister, Mary likes the swing where she usually sit and rest. The slide and the seesaw are part of the trail she does during exercise. The spot where the mini rocket ship statue resides is her tracking field where she runs 20 times around. She also loves to ride the Mary go round when she's a kid. As for me, I do the different kind of exercise. I do running, crawling and jumping to complete the courses here at the park. I should at least finish 3 rounds a day to keep me fit and healthy. There's this special area for pals like me should be. After I am finish with the course, I go bond and play with my friends while waiting for my sister. When it's time for them to go home, I just sit on the grass and enjoy watching the people around me. That's when I usually see Hannah and her dog, Charlie.

When Hannah first got her dog, she was excited. It was her birthday that day when her mom brought her a puppy as a birthday present. Of course, its child's instinct to be curious. It's her mom's best friend that gave the puppy. Since they've been told that her dog gave birth to 3 puppies. And it's enough that they can only keep 2 dogs to be well taken care of. So, they decided to accept it assuming it could make Hannah happy.

Hannah is very close to Ate Sayong like her second Mom. Ate Sayong lived with her husband before in USA. Since her husband works there as an IT architect and consultant, there's no need for her to work. There she gave birth twice. Living in a foreign country becomes boring for her because she used to be a workaholic employee. She asked her husband to fly back to the Philippines with her children giving an excuse of wanting them to adopt the Philippine culture. Ate Sayong's husband agreed. When she met Hannah's parents, they became friends, she never gets bored. At first, the parents only let Hannah play with her son and daughter during weekends since she's an only daughter. They are happy together. But as time passes, Hannah's parents become very busy and go home late even weekend. Hannah's parents have the same work as her husband so she understands the urgency and time allotted for work. So Sayong decided to offer her home for Hannah to stay when she's alone in the house. Both their houses have maid for laundry, cook and driver so Hannah won't worry for the house cleaning, washing clothes and she surely won't starve. She insist even they don't agree to that. Sayong knew that they are just shy to give the responsibility of looking out and taking care of their daughter which should be them. She told them that Hannah kills her boredom and that her daughter, with the same age like her, would be very happy. And she also treats her like her daughter too. In the end, they agreed.

During that time, Hannah's mood swing becomes worst. She will be angry all of a sudden and when you ask her why, she will turn her back and walk away.

Whenever she is sad, Ate Sayong decided to let her play with Charlie at the park with Nina, their family organizer. Ofcourse she ask permission first to her mom. They call her from time to time but that won't keep her from longing.

She will go to the park with Charlie to play like she used to.

"I miss mom and dad"
she sight and mumbled to herself while sitting on one of thd benches in the park.

She used to be happy when she plays the role of "Mystical role" with Ate Sayong's children.

But there's this incident that change it all.

-Saturday Afternoon-

Hannah came to Sayong's house irritated.

"Hannah, Hannah... let's play xbox." 8 year old Gino invited her pulling her to the living room.

"I don't know how to dance..."

"Please? It's simple; you can imitate the steps in front of you"

Gino pull her along. He started to raise Hannah's both arm mimicking the image in front of them and swayed Hannah's hips.

"Kuya Gino I told you I don't want that!" She slapped Gino's hand and run outside

The 7 year old stubborn Hannah won't stop running so Gino followed her until they were outside the gate.

Here comes a rushing luxury van. When Gino tried to get a hold of Hannah, she's too fast to run away again.

"Hannah please don't run... HAAAAAAAAA........"

Gino saved Hannah from the rushing truck. He was hospitalized for 30 days. It caused him cracked legs and internal hemorrage. He is unconcious for 3days. Since that day, Gino never wanted Hannah to come to there house anymore. He even avoided her. So Sayong's the one coming to Hannah's house since that incident.

I felt Hannah's deepest loneliness since that day when she tried to say sorry to Gino to the point of kneeling down in front of Gino's bed room door. She's knocking non stop while pleading sorry to him.

But Gino won't open the door and never talk to her.

As I feel her extreme sadness, my instinct move my feet to hers. And when I saw her crying face, I began to wipe her tears away and kiss her eyes. I can't stand her loud cry. I won't stop cuddling her until she smile. And there she is, she smiled at me.

"Oh stop it Mickey will you?"

I told her "Hannah, please don't cry. Gino loves you that's why he saved you."

"Oh, you're so sweet Mickey. Do you think Gino can forgive me?"

"Yes he will one day"

"I hope so. It will be very lonely now." I sit beside her and lean my head on her shoulders. We are both facing Gino's room now.

In that few seconds, we saw the door open revealing a half awake and weak Gino.

"Mickey, come here. Please don't be so loud. Let's sleep inside."

Before I entered the room I look at Hannah still kneeling, and look at Gino.

"Hannah, please go home. I'm not allowed to play anymore due to my weak body." Gino told Hannah

"I'm very sorry Kuya Gino"

"Go away Hannah! Go home."

Hannah started to walk and cry again. That's the last time I saw that sad image in her.

Inside the room Gino's sad too. "Mickey, I feel bad for what I did to Hannah but I feel bad for myself too."

"It's alright Gino, Hannah's sad right now but she knows that you're not in a good condition too."

Then I saw his medicine box on his beside table. I took it with my mouth and give it to him.

"Oh, thank you Mickey."

I told him while I lay down on the bed beside Gino. "Please get well soon Gino"

He hugged me "I love you Mickey." then I kissed him on his cheek and earlobe

"Even though I don't understand your language, you know how to comfort me in a way. Good girl Mickey!"

I'm very glad that Gino immediately recovered and ready to attend school again this coming School year.

By the way, its Hannah's birthday on the 10th so I think we better give her the best gift ever.

Mommy Sayong give her one of our puppies. Even though we are sad of letting the puppy go, I know he will make Hannah happy. And this will be the start of a great friendship.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mommy, I want to carry him too. Will he bite me?"

"No, Hannah. Come here and pat his head."

"He's freezing mommy. I think he needs a blanket."

"He is just afraid and adjusting to the new environment that's why. We'll just comfort him and show that he's safe."

"Oh don't worry puppy, I'll take care of you."

"Yes Hannah. He'll be your best pal ever."

~~~~~~~~~~~

3 months had past. Charlie is grown up now. Hannah got struggle when most of her slippers were ruined by Charlie. The veterinarian said that it's natural that he'll bite something soft and hard because his teeth will soon come out. He also advises that Charlie needs to undergo in deworming process so that he will not be poisoned and feel weak because of the active worm inside his body. It can cause his death in an early age. So they let the doctor give the liquid medicine to Charlie through syringe.

One time Hannah became very irritated and angry at Charlie for destroying her very expensive Havaianas.

"My Gosh Charlie!!! I can't believe this.... Come here you DOG you'll pay for this!!!" Her emotion is very strong that time and she did not control it anymore. Her hand flew hard on Charlie's butt making him cry out but she's not satisfied yet and got the right pair of the Havaianas and beat Charlie 4 times on both butt's face with so much pressure. Then as if she's talking to a very bad 4 year old kid she said "You should never do that again or else you will sleep outside the house" then slapped his mouth on both sides hardly making Charlie cry out in so much pain.

She's so angry that she can't stop beating Charlie when Sayong arrived. "Goodness Hannah! Please stop now. Charlie's all red and his mouth is bleeding now." Hannah came back to her senses now stopping her brutal act; she noticed what Sayong is saying. Guilt is written all over her face but when she saw the route of all these, she's still angry at what Charlie did.

"He broke all my slippers including most expensive Havaianas. I hate him!"

Charlie's hurt figure slowly crawl to Hannah's feet and start licking despite the cuts and burning muscles and crackling bones from her beating. It's an act of telling her his sincerely and down to heart apologies like his life is in Hannah's palms. He shows her that he is sorry and never intent Hannah to get angry. He licked her feet slowly in alternate way until his vision failed him and black out.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
34.8K 173 4
Dee Dee 🐑 အပြာစာပေ
28.9M 916K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...