Serendipity (joshler)

By hollow_trees

?•Finding something good without looking•? More

🌹SERENDIPITY🌹
🌹1🌹
🌹2🌹
🌹4🌹
🌹5🌹
🌹6🌹
🌹7🌹
🌹8🌹
🌹9🌹
🌹10🌹
🌹11🌹
🌹12🌹
🌹13🌹
🌹14🌹
🌹15🌹
🌹16🌹
🌹17🌹
🌹18🌹
🌹19🌹
🌹20🌹
🌹21🌹
🌹22🌹
🌹23🌹
🌹24🌹
🌹25🌹
🌹26🌹
🌹27🌹
🌹28🌹
🌹29🌹
🌹30🌹
🌹31🌹
🌹32🌹
🌹33🌹
🌹34🌹
🌹35🌹
🌹36🌹
🌹37🌹
🌹38🌹
🌹39🌹
🌹40🌹
🥀sequel🥀
Put on all stories

🌹3🌹

273 9 20
By hollow_trees

Josh sat in the library waiting for Tyler. The seventh bell had just rang a few moments ago. Josh tapped his finger against wooden desk. There weren't to many people in the library.
Mostly freshman and sophomore. Not many juniors or seniors hang out in the library.

The juniors usually hang around outside of the school building and the seniors are usually found hanging out in the 'hole in the wall'. That's what they call it at least. It used to be a classroom, but they took out the wall and put in some tables and bookshelves.

Josh looked up to see Tyler walking over to him. He sat down across from josh and yelled out his math book. Josh smiled, "hey, Tyler."

"Hi," he muttered back.

Josh cleared his throat, "so, uh, what do you need help with?"

Tyler shrugged, "I don't know, everything."

Josh nodded, "what are you learning in class right now?"

Tyler shrugged again, "I don't know, it's my first day here and they already decided I'm stupid enough to have a tutor."

Josh's frowned, "it's not that they think your stupid-"

"ya. It is. You're just telling me that." Josh opened his mouth, but Tyler continued, "let's just get to studying."

Josh nodded, "oh, ok. Um, so, I guess we could start with trigonometry."

Tyler only hummed in return, starting to doodle in his journal. He zoned josh out, focusing on his journal. He was soon snapped out of it, though.

"Tyler, Tyler."

Tyler looked up, "huh?"

Josh sighed, "Tyler, if you want to get better, then you have to listen."

Tyler rolled his eyes, "what if I don't want to get better. I don't plan on going to any colleges or anything. I don't need to know this crap."

Josh frowned, "Tyler, please try."

Tyler sighed, leaning back in his chair, "do we really have to do this? I'm not in the mood."

Josh bit his lip, "I mean, maybe if you promise that you will try next time we meet up."

Tyler pouted, "there's gonna be another tutoring session?"

Josh chuckled, "obviously, this isn't a one time thing."

Tyler sighed, "fine, I'll actually pay attention next time."

Josh smiled, "ok, so what do you want to do?"

Tyler shrugged, "I don't know." He went back to doodling into his journal.

Josh's leaned over, "what are you drawing?"

Tyler hid his journal under arm, "n-nothing."

Josh leaned back, "oh, um, I like your hoodie. It's pretty cool. I think yellow suits you." Tyler began doodling again, the slightest smile appeared and josh grinned.

"T-thanks."

"Hey, if you want to, you can sit with my friends and me."

Tyler looked up, "why, because you pity me? I'm the boy who sits by himself and you feel bad, right?"

Josh's eyes widened, "w-what? No, no that's not what I meant. I just think your pretty cool."

Tyler rolled his eyes, "you don't even know me."

Josh bit his lip, "well, I mean. You seem cool."

Tyler sighed, standing up, "whatever, josh. Thanks, but no."

Josh watched as Tyler walked off. Josh let out a sigh and grabbed his bag, heading towards the door. He rushed out of the school building, grabbing his bike and heading down the street.

He checked his watch, seeing it was 2:25. He quickly took a right, heading towards the Taco Bell. He didn't really feel like heading home quite yet. It's not that he didn't like his family, it's just it was always loud there.

His younger sibling always had friends over and it got quite loud. He entered the building and walked to the counter. Josh smiled at the lady, "hi."

The lady smiled, "hey, what can I get you?"

Josh told her his order and went to sit down. Josh was startled when someone slid into the seat across from him. He smiled when he saw it was only Hayley, "are you following me?"

Hayley rolled her eyes and grinned, "get over yourself, josh. I was already here. "

josh chuckled, "what are you doing tonight?"

Hayley smirked, "going to a frat party, wanna come? You can bring your dweebs. What are their names? Tweedle dee and tweedle dum?"

Josh rolled his eyes, "Brendon and Pete, and sure. I'll see if they wanna come."

Hayley clapped her hands, "yay!" Josh smiled as the lady gave him his food. Hayley stood up, "well, I gotta get ready for the party. Enjoy your shitty tacos."

Josh threw a piece of lettuce at her, "it's not shitty, and I will enjoy it."

Hayley snickered as she walked out the door.

🌹🌹🌹

Tyler walked down the side walk. It was dark out and pretty late. He didn't want to go home. He decided he'd walk around the town, then he would head back once he thought they would be asleep.

He squinted his eyes as a cars headlights flashed at him. They pulled up along side him and Tyler's heart beat quickened. He kept his head down and kept on walking. The cars window rolled down and Tyler recognized the pink hair.

Josh grinned at him, "hey, Tyler! We were just on our way to a frat party, wanna tag along."

Tyler shook his head, "n-no. It's fine, josh."

Josh let out a laugh, "come on, Tyler. It'll be fun, you can hang with us."

Tyler looked at him finally, "us?"

Josh nodded, "ya, me, Brendon, and Pete. What do you say?"

Tyler looked inside the car to see a guy with a huge forehead driving. There was another guy in he back. Tyler looked back at josh, who was smiling at him. Tyler sighed, "fine, I guess."

Tyler opened he door to he back seats and crawled in. The guy in the back smiled at him, "nice sweater."

Tyler shrugged, "t-thanks. It's ok."

Josh turned around, looking at them, "that's Pete. The loser driving is Brendon."

Tyler waved shyly, "hi."

Brendon smiled, looking at Tyler through the rearview mirror, "hey."

Josh grinned, "come on, lets go. It's party time!" Brendon cheered aloud.

It didn't take long for them to reach the party. It was a huge frat house that was already trashed. You could feel the music vibrations from outside and lights flashed through the windows. Tyler gulped and his hands became clammy.

Pete patted his back, "it's ok, dude. Stick with us and you'll be fine."

Tyler turned to Josh's, "y-you guys have been to one of these before?"

Josh's nodded, "ya. I'm usually the designated driver, so if you want to leave, just tell me then I can drop you off."

Tyler nodded and the four boys got out of the car. "Joshua William Dun, I'm glad to see you made it!"

Josh grinned as Hayley walked up to him. He could tell she was already drunk. She smiled and leaned against him, "I finally get to meet your high school friends!"

Josh nodded, "this is Brendon, Pete, and-"

Hayley gasped, "well, aren't you just a cutie." She grinned at Tyler. "If I weren't gay, then I'm pretty sure I would eat. You. Up!"

Tyler blushed and josh rolled his eyes. "Leave him alone, Hayley."

Hayley grinned, "oooh, I see. This must be your date!"

Both josh and Tyler looked at her wide eyed. Brendon and Pete began laughing. Josh blushed heavily, along with Tyler. They both shook their heads, but Josh's spoke, "no. He's just a friend. That's it, just a friend."

Hayley tapped Tyler's nose with her index friend, "an adorable friend. If u were you, josh, I wouldn't let anyone lay any hands on him."

She waved at them, "well, I'll see you around! Let loose and have fun, dweebs!"

She walked away and Josh's laughed nervously, "sorry, Tyler. She's very....crazy."

Tyler shrugged, "its fine."

Brendon nodded, "I like her, she's cool."

Pete hummed in agreement. They began walking up the steps to the house. Tyler felt his breath quicken when the smell of alcohol and nicotine hit him. A guy came up and nudged josh, "hey, dude, wanna joint?"

Josh held his hands in front of him, "uh, no thanks."

Brendon grinned, "I'll take one."

The random frat grinned, "that's more like it!" The two of them walked off somewhere and Pete began wondering around.

Josh grinned at Tyler, "pretty cool, huh?"

Tyler looked around, "uh, I guess."

Josh nodded his head, "come on, let's go to the backyard. It's usually more quiet back there. The two snaked their way through the crowd, finally reaching the back door.

They sat on the porch and watched the drunk idiots splash each other in the pool. There was laughter and cheering. Josh sighed, "I'm pretty sure we're the only high schoolers here, including Pete and Brendon."

Tyler nodded, "ya."

It was silent between the two again. Josh was about to speak, but was interrupted by a familiar face sitting between the two. Josh rolled his eyes, "hey, Debby."

Debby grinned drunkenly, "well, well. I didn't think you would be here, josh? Aren't you a little young to be at a frat party."

Josh let out a huff, "I'm eighteen. Legally an adult."

"But not legal to drink. It's ok, I like a reckless man."

Josh let out a scoff of annoyance, "fuck off, Debby."

Debby raised an eyebrow, "Jesus, don't get your panties in a twist."

She stood up and walked off dramatically. Tyler raised his eyebrow, "who was that?"

Josh chuckled, "that was-"

"your ex?" Tyler interrupted.

Josh grinned and shook his head, "I wouldn't date that slut if we were the last two people on earth."

Tyler couldn't help the small laugh that left his lips. He blushed and looked away from josh. He hated his laugh. He hated his smile even more. Tyler hesitantly looked back to josh, who was already staring at him with warm eyes. "W-what?"

Josh smiled, "that was the first time I heard you laugh. Or really give a full smile."

Tyler shook his head and looked down, "I know, I-its not the best smile or laugh. Sound like a laughing hyena and my bottom teeth are crooked as hell-"

"Tyler." Tyler shut his mouth and looked at josh. Josh let out an airy laugh, "I think you have a really nice smile. And you do not sound like a hyena."

Tyler couldn't help the smile that spread across his face, "thank you, josh."

Josh nudged Tyler's shoulder with his own, "I know I already asked, but maybe you've changed your  mind. Would you like to sit with my friends and I at lunch?"

Tyler bit his lip and shrugged, "I don't know, I'm not one to socialize. It always backfires."

Josh smiled, "ok. Well, can you at least think about it?"

Tyler let out a frustrated sigh, "why do you care so much if I sit with you or not?"

Josh grinned widely, "I told you, Ty, I want to be friends with you."

Tyler's eyebrows furrowed together, "Ty?"

Josh shrugged, "ya."

Tyler scowled, "don't. Don't call me that. We're not friends, so don't."

Josh frowned, "I-I'm sorry. I didn't think you would mind. I though we were friends-"

"were not."

Josh watched as Tyler stood up and walked off into the crowd of drunk adults. As much as josh wanted to follow him to make sure he didn't get hurt, he knew he should give him some space.

Josh let out a sigh, wondering why Tyler was so...closed off.

I made the biggest mistake of my life and reread the whole forest fic. I was crying so hard. I cry for many Fics, but I don't get why that one fucks me up so bad??? I also don't understand if josh is real or not in the ending. Some people say that in the original it said 'he cried but no one could hear him, because he wasn't real' or something like that, then other people say he's real.

I'm also really sad because one of my favorite fics was taken down??? Does anyone know why nyctophilia was taken down??? That book as so amazing and I have read it so many times!!!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

-JoJo
🌹🌹🌹

Shit sorry

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.5K 1.7K 36
Josh 🔮: you seem shy 😶 Tyler 🌸: uninterested might be the word you're looking for Josh 🔮: ouch 😩
123K 8.3K 24
tyler thinks the world is a horrible, ugly place. then he meets josh. ❀ joshler youtube au lowercase intended ❀ completed may 08 2017 ©cutmylip 2...
3.1K 226 10
'I'm a librarian and I catch you almost every week moving your favourite fantasy series from the fiction to the non-fiction section.' AKA josh is big...
70K 2.2K 24
✔️COMPLETED✔️ Josh has almost always had a great, quiet life. But then he met Tyler, a sassy boy who turned his entire world upside down.