Trafalgar Law x OC

By GraceFullbuster

Zoe is asked to join the Kid Pirates and she accepts. She's immediately welcomed into the crew. But what happ... More

The Past
Saved by Trafalgar Law
The Past Revealed

Trust and Regret

1.4K 37 34
By GraceFullbuster

A/N- Please vote, comment, and share this story!!!!!! It would mean a lot. I encourage you to point out any grammar/punctuation errors. I do not own One Piece!!!!! I hope you enjoy it!!!!! Please follow me!!

Recap: I gave everyone a small bow and jumped off of the sub onto the beach, without a warning or a goodbye.

Not looking back, I ran towards the town, following the brick path. I didn't stop till I got there.

When I reached the town's edge, I decided that it would be best to find an inn to stay at for the night. I could decide what to do next later. I found a nice inn with several cheap rooms. I rented one, using the berries I found, and put my bag in the room.

The room reminded me of my childhood home. The floors were wooden as well as the walls. There was a large bed with white blankets in the middle of the room. On one side of the bed there was a dresser, on the other side there was a table with a lamp. There was also a door that led to a bathroom. It was strangely similar to Law's room, but more homey. There were pictures of flowers on the walls and there was a window with a nice view of the ocean. Overall, it felt like someone actually lived here and, for some reason, it comforted me.

Once I was settled, I left the inn to look around. The townspeople were all very friendly. They all smiled and waved as I walked past. The town itself looked like every other town I've been to. Shops lined the main street and houses lined all of the other streets. Along with the shops, there was a small market selling fruits, vegetables, meats, and other things. As I walked through, everyone continued to wave at me. I guess they don't get many visitors. The town is also located on the side of a hill so it's all sloped. 

I was walking back to the Inn when I came across a book store that I didn't see before. I needed something to do, so I went in to try and find a book that I would like. I looked at almost the entire store before I turned into another aisle and saw Law looking at medical books.

My heart stopped and my breathing increased. I felt a wave of regret come over me, but I quickly pushed it away and slowly walked away. His back was to me, so he couldn't see me.

Once I made it to the door, I ran in a random direction to the woods. Of course they would explore the island and shops. I should've just stayed in my room at the Inn! I'm so stupid!

Knowing I'll end up running into someone else if I go back to town, I explore the forest for a couple of hours. It's just like every other forest I've seen, just like the town. Green trees, flowers, bugs, and the occasional animal. Nothing I haven't seen, but it fills me with joy and sadness at the same time. I loved being outside, especially after being locked in a room for a year.

However, the realization that I could have this every day with the Heart Pirates has me drowning in regret.

The sun has already set and the moon is shining brightly by the time I get back to the town. From my spot on to of the hill the town rests on, I can see the beach. I have a perfect view of the sub and it's like they're having a party. They look like they're having so much fun. The sub is even decorated in lights. I sigh, feeling my eyes sting from the fresh tears falling down my cheeks and make my way back to the Inn.

When I reach my room, I collapse on the bed, finally letting out my tears full force. I grabbed a pillow and held it close to my body. 

Th-this pillow...could be Law...

My tears roll down my face at a faster pace at the thought.

I could be laying in bed with him, listening to his breathing gradually slow down as he falls asleep with me in his arms.

I fall asleep still crying, but this time I did not have a nightmare. No, instead I had a dream about the Heart Pirates. Law in particular.

It felt worse than any nightmare could have made me feel. But, I couldn't cry. I seem to have run out of tears. After all, this was my fault wasn't it? If I would've just accepted, I wouldn't be here.

In that moment, I made myself a vow.

If the sub was still at the beach, I would ask to join.

With my new vow in mind, I changed into the only other outfit I had, a t-shirt with a floral design and a pair of jeans.

I walk out of the Inn with a new feeling of excitement, something I haven't felt in a long time.

I quickly walk to the top of the hill where I could see the sub. Before turning around, I close my eyes.

If the sub is not there, I will be stuck on this island forever and I will never be a pirate again.

I take a deep breath, my heart beating rapidly, before turning around and open my eyes.

It's still there! The sub's still here!!! I knew it would be!

My smile grew and my heart seemed to beat even faster, but my smile vanished when I realized that they were repairing to leave. I had to move quickly.

As I ran through the town towards the sub, the same thoughts ran through my head over and over again.

I want to join the Heart Pirates.

Law wouldn't hurt me like Kid and he wouldn't let anyone else hurt me either.

This is the adventure I've always wanted, I just have to take the opportunity.

When I reach the edge of the town, I allow myself a few seconds to breathe, but I take off again when I hear the engines starting. I race down the path towards the beach. I can feel my thighs burning and my lungs gasping for air as I force myself to run faster than I ever have before.

I reach the beach just as the sub starts moving. I use the rest of my strength to jump over the railing and onto the sub.

Taking advantage of the shocked people (and bear) on the deck, I take a few seconds to regain my composure and breathe. 

Finally, I stand up from my landing position and look at the people around me. Shachi, Penguin, Bepo and, of course, Law.Pushing past my feelings of regret and stupidity, I focus on how much I want this. This once in a lifetime adventure with Law and the crew.

I walk up to Law, the regret still shining through my eyes and say, "Law...will you let me join your crew?"

His face immediately adopted his famous smirk and he shifted the nodachi in his arms to extend his hand out to me.

"Welcome to the crew, Zoe-ya."

I grinned widely and tackled Law to the ground in a hug, completely dismissing the fact that he wanted me to shake his hand, not pounce on him. His nodachi went flying. I saw Bepo discreetly pick in up and head into the sub with the others. We were alone now.

I laid my head on his chest, too embarrassed to look up at him when I realized what I had done.

I listened to his heartbeat and ignored the smirk still plastered on his face. My grin slowly turned into a frown and the tears that I thought were gone, started to prick my eyes. His smirk also faded as he saw the sudden change in my mood.

I stood up and turned around, my back to him now. I heard him stand up as well and he placed an arm on my shoulder. "Zoe-ya, what-"

"Law, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have freaked out like that when you asked me to join you. I should've known that you wouldn't hurt me...like he did. I should've trusted you. But, when you said that, the same thing that he said, I lost control. I didn't know what to think or feel. I-I-"

The hand on my shoulder cut me off by quickly spinning me around, while his other hand pushed me into him. The arm he used to spin me around gently pushed my head into his chest and he let me cry into his chest.

"Zoe-ya, it's okay. I had no idea that's the same thing he said to you. I understand. You don't need to apologize. You're here now, that's what matters.

He pushed me back by the shoulders so he could look me in the eyes, willing me to understand. His face softened at the tears on my red cheeks and bloodshot eyes. He slid his left hand down to rest of my hip, while the right one slid up and wiped the tears off of my cheeks.

I continued to stare into his eyes and I saw his gaze travel down to my lips and back to my eyes.

My heart started to pound as I realized what he was silently asking me. I slowly nodded, slightly unsure. He looks into my eyes a little longer, as if making sure I actually wanted this, before grabbing my chin and capturing my lips in a sweet and gentle kiss.

His lips were warm and surprisingly soft against mine. The kiss left my lips tingling, my heart racing, and my brain mush. I had no idea a kiss could feel like this, to be so loving and caring and make me weak in the knees.

I couldn't think correctly, but I did know one thing.

I wanted to feel it again.

I wanted to taste his minty lips again.

So, using as much courage as I could gather in front of Law, the Sadistic Surgeon of Death, who just happened to be the most caring gentlemen I knew, I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him again. I could feel Law's lips pull into a smile, a real smile, as he kissed me back.

"You're mine now, Zoe-ya."

The End

A/N- Thanks for reading!!!! I hope you liked it! And if you did, maybe you could check out some of my other stories? Don't forget to vote and comment!!!!!!! Let me know what you think!!!! I felt like this story got worse as it went on and I feel like I really disappointed some people, but I hoped you liked it anyway. I still really liked this story and I had a lot of fun writing it. Well, until next time! See ya!!!!! <3 <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 4.3K 31
a peaky blinders x downton abbey crossover "Trust me, Dowager. You will not see me again until I've made myself worthy to your granddaughter" [peaky...
563K 12.5K 39
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
672K 33.4K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
1.1M 44.1K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...