Finding Mr Right ✔️

By chimyxoxo

"Here." He places the ball in my hands. "Let's try a different approach." He stands right behind me as my hea... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
Author's Note

chapter 21

56 3 1
By chimyxoxo

Well, I don't really know how wedding planning goes so I thought- why don't I cut to the chase? And that's exactly what I did. For those who don't think it's a good idea, I'm really sorry to burst your bubble; bear with me😘😘😘.

¤¤¤¤THE WEDDING DAY¤¤¤

I really couldn't believe it; Mia's getting married today, she's leaving today, she's- oh my God. I'm going to miss her a whole lot.

"You look amazing." I compliment as the makeup artist finishes and Mia looks at me. She bats her eyelashes as she smiles.

"Do I?" She asks as she puts on a seductive look which makes me laugh.

"You've seemed to forget I'm not James, haven't you?" I ask with a chuckle, as I sit on her bed. We're all getting ready for the wedding which would begin in about two and a half hours. Trust me the wedding planning was as stressful as hell, but it was worth it cause everything (the dress, church, reception venue/hotel, decorations, buffet service and caterers) we got are amazing so I believe today would be a blast.

"When are you getting dressed yourself?" She asks after she had managed to stop laughing, which I shrug to.

"Don't feel like it yet." I reply as I lay on the bed.

"Last minute, huh?" she asks which I shrug to again. Honestly, I wish we could have an extra one week to spend together but then again, that'd be kinda useless since today would surely still come. I don't want to tell her though; I don't need her crying and messing up her makeup cause the lady really worked her hardest and it's stunning.

¤¤¤¤¤¤

Okay, right now I'm regretting choosing to start preparing late cause I'm the major setback right.

"Dianna!" Mum calls as I hear the hard clicking of heels on the marble floor before my door flies open to reveal my somewhat angry mum. "We're all waiting for you!"

"I know, I know. I'm really, really sorry." I apologize as I quickly slip on my heels, carry my hand bag and the bag where I had my slippers for when my feet start aching. I look around frantically to make sure I'm not forgetting anything before looking at myself in the mirror with I smile at how i look. "Done." I say as mum leaves the room with me behind her after I turn off the lights and shut the door.

Phew!

"It's about time you got here." Marissa says as I close the front door. There are three cars waiting on the porch beautifully decorated in blue and black which is the colour code for the occasion.

"Sorry." I apologize as I put on an apologetic smile before getting into the second car where the other three brides maids are. It's quite a pity I'm really familiar with them since they are Mia's cousins, but I've heard a lot of stories about them because of how close they were to Mia when they were kids.

The first car or more specifically, Jeep is where Mia is; while the third is filled with mum, James' and Mia's mum. I'm sure they're gushing about the wedding cause they've been all bubbly throughout this week.

I'm the chief bridesmaid which is expected since we have been speaking about it almost every year after grade.

The ride to the church is quiet, as the only sound heard is from the radio. My thoughts go back to Blake as it has been doing a lot recently and I definitely can't say I'm not attracted to him cause that would be a total lie. I'm sure if he would attend the wedding neither am I sure Thomas would; but it's likely that if Thomas does, he'd definitely bring Bailey along which would make things really awkward and I want today to be an awkward-free day.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

The car comes to a stop signifying we're at the church. We all get down from the car as we get into the half filled church.

The groom's men were here already and they were seated on the front row as we join them since that area is reserved for the people to accompany the groom and bride. Right now, I can't wait for this wedding to get started.

~~~~~~

It's time for the best part of the event- well, apart from the reception of course. The groom as well as his own groom's men are right behind him on the altar as the main entrance door of the church was closed. Mia is with her uncle who is her mum's first brother since her mum is single. They are in front of the line made of the ringbearer, little bridesmaid and groom, brides maids and so on.

Soon enough, the pianist begins playing the tune of 'here comes the bride' as the door opens and people start standing. Mia walks down the aisle, her hand linked with her uncle's; I can imagine the crooked grin on her face this moment as her eyes are trained on James the whole time. I really admire how much they love each other or should I say, adore each other.

We soon reach where James stands grinning from ear to ear with his groom's men; his eyes fixed on Mia and only her. Mr Don, Mia's uncle, plants a kiss on her forehead as he whispers something to her hearing before letting her go. She instantly climbs the platform as she stares at James with a grin. From he look on the priest's face, he also admires how much they are obviously in love.

It's time for them to make their vows as James starts. He takes a hold of Mia's hands as he gives them a gentle squeeze, his eyes fixated on hers.

"Mia Storm, I promise to be your lover, companion and greatest friend, your partner in parenting, your ally in conflict, our greatest fan and your toughest adversary, your comrade in adventure, your student and your teacher, your consolation in disappointment, your accomplice in mischief. This is my sacred vow to you, my equal in all things and my everything." He finishes as his eyes glisten in adoration.

Mia's throat bobbed as she tries to hold back tears. "James Lockworth, on this day, I give you my heart, my promise, that I will walk with you, hand in hand, wherever our journey leads us, living, learning and loving together. I take you to be my partner for life, I promise above all else to live in truth with you, and to communicate fully and fearlessly, I give you my hand and my heart as a sanctuary of warmth and peace. And pledge my love, devotion, faith and honor, as I join my life to yours forever." She finishes with a grin as the tears were now pouring down her face. Momentarily, a tear rolls down my face and I wipe it away.

I swear this girl must be my twin in another dimension.

There are some 'awns' here and there, as everyone claps and cheers.

"Do you Mia Storm, take James Lockworth as your lawfully wedded husband; in sickness and in health, richness and in poverty, in failure and in success, in happiness and in sadness, till death do you part?" The priest asks Mia.

"I do." She replies without any waste of time which earns some chuckles from the crowd. She takes one of the rings from the glass box after the ring bearer moved closer, and slides it into the marriage finger of James' left hand.

"Do you James Lockworth, take Mia Storm to be your lawfully wedded wife; in sickness and in health, in richness and in poverty, in failure and in success, in happiness and in sadness, till death do you part?" The priest asked again, though this time referring to James.

"Yes, I do." He answers as he gives Mia's hands another squeeze, sliding the ring through her finger and kissing it.

"Through our Lord, Jesus Christ who has brought you two forth on his altar, I pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Swiftly, James closes the distance between them as he cups Mia's cheeks while whispering something which made the corner of her eyes crinkle in amusement. He captures her lips in a long lasting kiss. Abruptly, every single soul in the church stands as we all clap, whistle and some take pictures and videos in ecstasy.

It was really about time these two tied the knot and I could never be more happier for my bestie, Mia Lockworth...

Woohooooo!!!! It happened, finally!!! Oh my God, I had a major hard time writing this- well because I'm still a teenager and I do not plan on getting married soon so yes, this was pretty tough. But then, I did it! And I couldn't be anymore proud of myself, yay! I'm hoping it's good enough for you guys though. If it is, don't forget to vote and comment on your sweetest/ most heartfelt moment...
Xoxo,
Chimy...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69K 2.3K 20
𝓞𝓷𝓰𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓰... ❝I want you baby,❞ the deep whisper slipped past my lips, and she closed her eyes when my nose traced the faint pulse against her n...
169K 5.3K 74
This is the second book to 📚- Into oblivion I'd ask if hope finally slipping out your grasp but then you wouldn't be here if it weren't for the few...
87.1K 2.6K 27
''Please, don't flatter yourself. My tampons go deeper than your d*ck could ever!" *** When the young, carefree, and spoiled Scarlet Harper is forced...
1.3M 51.2K 47
My life should be great. I have an amazing job with one of the biggest event management companies around, and I have a wonderful boyfriend. Oh wait...