The prophecy of two souls *ON...

By _Cupcakex3

Lucy Salvatore, the little sister of Damon and Stefan Salvatore is involved in a prophecy and plays a huge ro... More

How all began.
Being busy to save myself.
The first meeting with the ancestors.
Rescued.
Memories.
The stranger.
The Cellar.
Surprise.
Secrets
The Stranger (Part 2)
The Masquerade.
Rose
Klaus (Alaric)
Know the enemy
The last dance
The Sun also Rises
The last Day
As I lay Dying
A/N

The Truth

222 6 2
By _Cupcakex3

I felt the sun rays hit my skin. Groaning, I opened my eyes and sat up. I must have fallen asleep while writing in my diary. Closing my diary, I hid it where nobody but me could find it. I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and made my way into the bathroom, taking a quick shower. After the shower, I got dressed in a pair of black skinny jeans, a red shirt, my favourite leather jacket and black boots. Like always, I do look hot.  My phone started buzzing. Taking it in my hand, I saw Lydia texted me.
"Hurry up, bitch.

Xoxo - L."

I rolled my eyes at that.
"Relax. I'm comin' over now.
Xoxo - Lu."
"I'm leaving!" I yelled through the mansion before speeding out of the house. After like two minutes, I arrived. Thanks to my vampire ablities.  I knocked at the door. A few seconds later Lydia opened the door.  "Hey, bitch." I smirked as I wanted to walk in but I couldn't. I needed to be invited in. Great. "Really?!" I rolled my eyes. "I never said, you could just enter, vampire." Lydia smirked at me. "Ha ha. Now invite me in, jackass." I replied glaring playfully at her. She rolled her eyes. "Would you like to come in, bitch?" "I'd love to." I smirked as I finally entered the apartment. "So, what's so urgent?" I asked her curiously. "Well, I figured something out. About the sacrifice." She told me, a serious look on her face. Oh shit. "Which one?" I questioned carefully. "Yours. There's nothing new about the other, you didn't know." My best friend told me.
"So, what did you figure out?" "Well, you still remember the note?" I nodded signaling her to carry on. "As you know, it tells you that he's here, right?" I nodded again, looking down.

---- Lydia's P.O.V ----

My mouth was about to spill out more but then she looked down. Maybe he's already here?
Well, I'll leave it for now. "He needs a witch to do the spell, a bit of doppleganger blood, himself, you and oh yeah a stake." She nodded. "Did you hear me? A fucking stake!" "I know. I heard, no need to yell." What is wrong with her? Normally, she would freak by now. "You already know it, don't you?" Once again, she nodded. "I just don't know if he can do it them at the same time. Becuase it would make no sense if he wouldn't do it. I mean if he needs to kill Elena to the point of her death, how the hell is he supposed to use her in the other one?!" Lucy asked, kind of muttering it to herself. "He is already here. Isn't he?" I questioned, already knowing the answer.
"Yeah." "We--" I was cut off by her. "You need to leave town. Now.  I don't want you to get in his way. Who know's what he'd do to you." Lucy admitted worried. "No. I won't leave you." I countered. "Yes, you will, Lydia! I don't want to lose my best friend!" I didn''t know why but this kind of made my blood boil. "I said no! I won't leave my best friend to die!" I yelled at her, my voice full of anger. "If you don't leave, I swear to God, I wi--" "You will what? Compel me? Sorry, but you're the one who told me to drink vervain." I smirked. Lucy was about to protest but she was cut off by her now ringing phone.

---- Lucy's P.O.V ----

"Stefan? Everything okay?" I asked worried as I  picked up.  "Lucy, you need to find Elena. She woke up Elijah but she won't tell me where she is. Maybe she'll tell you." Oh, Elena. What did you do? Waking up an Original. Dumb move.  "Got it. I'll look for her. See ya." I hung up. "Gotta go." I told Lydia before speeding out of the apartment and stopping just somewhere. I dialed Elena's number. Ring. Ring.  Come on, Elena.  "Lucy?" Elena's asked clearly confused at the other end of the line. "Where are you? Stefan's sick worried because of you!" I exclaimed, mentally glaring at her. "I'm with Elijah." "Where. Are. You?" I demanded asking. "I'm at the Lockwood mansion." She finally gave in. "Good. I'll be there in no time and don't even try to escape. Got it?" "Yeah, yeah." She muttered before I hung up. Quickly, I dialed Stefan's number. "Did you find her?" Was the first thing at the end of the other line. "Wow, here I thought you'd care about me." I teased. "Lucy, we don't have time for this." "Alright, alright grumpy. I know where she is but I won't tell you." I rolled my eyes. "What?! Why?!" He exclaimed. "I'll bring her home, safe. Don't worry. Have a nice day." I smirked hanging up before he could reply. Let's get to the Lockwoods.
I arrived there in no time. After a few moments of knocking, Carol opened the door. She fake smiled at me. "Lucy, is everything okay?" I nodded. "Yeah, Elena told me she would be here." "Yes, she's in the living room with Elijah." Carol informed me. "Could I come in?" She nodded. "Come in." I smiled at her. "Thanks, Carol." I walked into the living room, opening the door, only to see Elena talking with Elijah. "I'm here, bitches." I smirked. "Did you really have to come?!" Elena asked slightly annoyed. "Bitch, please. You really think I want to be here? It's your stupidity and my brothers worry that got me here." I fake smiled at Elena. "Hello Elijah." I greeted, looking up at him. "Good to see you, Lucindia." Elijah smirked. "It's Lucy." I glared at him. "So, where were we before Lucy interruped us?" Elena glared at me annoyed. I shrugged. "There was a time I'd have done anything for Klaus." Elijah continued where they left off.

---- England, 1492 ----

 "From where have you come, Katerina?" Klaus asked smirking at her. "I'm new to town, my lord." Katherine answered honestly. Elijah looked at Klaus with a smile on his face. "Katerina is from Bulgaria." He enlightened him. "Zradevei, Katerina." She laughed at that. "Very good." She complimented Klaus. "Do you mind, brother? I would like to have a moment alone with her." Klaus said looking at Elijah.  "Not at all. Happy Birthday, brother." He wished his brother. Klaus smiled  and left with Katherine.

---- Present day ----

"Yes. Klaus is my brother." He confirmed. "I heard that. I'm still processing." Elena said, still processing the information. Wow, shocker. "Yes, I'm a little behind on the times, but I believe the term you're searching for is O.M.G." He casually smiled as he drank some tea. "Well, at least you're catching up." I teased Elijah.  "There's a whole family of Originals?" Elena asked confused, like it wouldn't be a normal thing. "My father was a wealthy land owner in a village in Eastern Europe. Our mother bore seven children." Elijah explains to her. "So your parents were human?" I mentally facepalmed myself. "No, they were animals, Elena! Of course they were humans. What else would they have been?" I replied sarcastic. "Our whole family was. Our origin as vampires is a very long story, Elena. Just know, we're the oldest vampires in the world. We are the Original family, and from us all, vampires were created." "Right, but Klaus is your brother. And you want him dead?" She asked dumbfounded. "There's something called revenge, you know Elena." She glared at me. Whoops. "I need some air. I'm still feeling a tad  dead. Come." Elijah said and we left the mansion as told. "So as you've seen, nothing can kill an Original. Not Sun, not fire, not even a werewolf bite. Only the wood from one tree. A tree my family made sure burned." Elijah stated almost proud of it. "Great." I piped sarcastic, rolling my eyes.  "That's where the white ash for the dagger comes from." Elena realized. What a genius, you are Elena. "Yes. The witches won't allow anything truly immortal to walk the earth. Every creature needs to have a weakness in order to maintain the balance." "So the Sun can't kill an Original. Why is Klaus so obsessed with breaking the Sun and Moon curse?" Elena asked confused. That's a good question, though.  "Right. The curse of the Sun and the Moon. It's all so  Biblical-sounding, don't you think?" He smiled. "What's so funny?" She looked at him confused, once again.

---- England, 1492 ----

 "Look what I found. The Roman parchment." Elijah told his brother. "I remember etching this scroll. Well, I was quite blistered from drink" Klaus confessed.  "Your finest work remains your Aztec drawings, Niklaus." "Not the African carvings? 'Cause I was quite proud of those." He smiled at his brother.  "The Aztec. Who can resist a shaman?" He asked amused and Klaus laughed. "Yes."

---- Present day ----

"I don't understand. So Klaus drew the Aztec sketches about the curse?" "Roman scrolls, African tribal etchings, and any other culture or continent we felt like planting in it." Elijah explained. "But why?" "Easiest way to discover the existence of a doppelganger or to get your hands on some long, lost moon stone is to have every single member of two warring species on the lookout."  "So it's not Aztec at all?" Elena asked looking at him. "The curse of the sun and the moon  is fake. It doesn't exist." He confessed. "What?" I asked surprised. "Klaus and I faked the Sun and Moon curse dating back over a thousand years." "But if there's no curse.." Elena started but was cut off. "There's a curse. Just not that one. The real one's much worse. It's a curse placed on Klaus." "Bloody hell." I muttered.  "What are you talking about?" Elena frowned. "Klaus has been trying to break it for the last thousand years. You are his only hope."  Elena's phone started to vibrate. "What is this curse?" She asked as her phone still vibrated. "Your phone will not stop its incessant buzzing. Answer it, please." Elijah gave her the phone, looking annoyed. She picked up. "Stefan, what's wrong? No. No, no, no, no. Ok, I'll be right there." She hung up, looking at Elijah. "Klaus went after Jenna. I have to go to her." Elena explained. "I'm afraid that wasn't part of today's arrangement." "She's her family, Elijah.  We'll be back." I glared at him. "You have our word." She told him.  "That doesn't mean anything to me until you live up to it." Elijah admitted. "Thank you." Elena thanked him, starting to walk towards her car. "Ugh, that will take too long." I said grabbing her arm, speeding us to the boarding house.
"What the hell?! You could have warned me!" She freaked. "Could have." I smiled.
I opened the door and stepped aside. "After you, Miss Gilbert." She quickly entered the mansion and I followed her into the library. "Oh, Jenna, thank God." Elena sighed out, relieved that Jenna is okay. "No." "I never meant for any of this to happen." Elena admitted.  "When I was little, your mom used to tell me bedtime stories. Stories about vampires. I never thought that what she said could be true." Jenna told, starting to cry. "It is true, Jenna. I should have told you. I thought that if you didn't know, you'd be safe. But then things got so out of control and everything I had done to keep you out of it, it just blew up in my face."  "Who else knows? Jeremy?" Elena nodded in agreement. "John?" "We were just trying to protect you." Elena explained her aunt, who was at the verge of breaking down.  "Protect me?" "I'm so sorry. I will tell you everything."  "No, Elena.
I am the one who's supposed to be protecting you and Jeremy." Jenna stated.  "I know, but there's nothing that you could have done. There's so much more to it."  "No, this is-- this is so,
I don't know how.. it's..." She tried but her voice cracked. "I know." She comforted her.  "Why didn't you tell me?! I'm scared." She admitted. Elena sat down next to her and embraced her. "I know. I know. I know, hey. Hey. I'm sorry. Jenna, I am so, so sorry." Elena cried with her. I looked over to Stefan, who had also tears in his eyes. I gave him a sympathetic look. "I'm so sorry, Elena. I hate this." Stefan apolgized. "It's not your fault, Stefan. It's mine. Anyway, I have to go back to Elijah." "We." I corrected her. "Wait, what? No, no!" "Stefan, we promised him that we would return. We can't break that promise."  "Oh." Stefan nodded understanding but he still had clearly worry written all over his face "We'll be ok." We went to the front door but Damon and Andie joined her.  "Where do you think you're going?" "Back to Elijah." I glared at Damon.  "Like hell, you are. No." Damon tensed up.  "Get out of our way, Dam..." Elena started but he caught her arm. "If you two so much as try and take a step out of this house..." He growled.  "Damon, easy." Andie warned, trying to calm him down.  "Stay out of this, Andie." Damon spat at his girlfriend. "That's not nice, D." I smirked, provocating him even more. "Shut up, Lucy." Damon glared at me. I rolled my eyes. "We are going. End of story." "Let them go." "Are you kidding me? We just got them back. Especially this one." He glared at Elena now. "You heard me. I said let them go."  "That's twice today you've stood in my way. I wouldn't try a third." He threatend. "Hey D, you know what?" I smirked standing before him now. "Wh-" With a quick move I snapped his neck. "Sorry bro." I looked down at him. "Come on now. We gotta go." I took her arm again and I sped us to Elijah. "Welcome back Elena, Lucy." Elijah greeted us as we entered the mansion. "Tell us. What is Klaus' curse?" I asked him. He just looked at me. I rolled my eyes. "Please." I added. "My family was quite close, but Klaus and my father did not get on too well. When we became vampires, we discovered the truth. Klaus was not my father's son. My mother had been unfaithful many years before. This was her darkest secret. Klaus is from a different bloodline. Of course, when my father discovered this, he hunted down and he killed my mother's lover and his entire family. Not realizing, of course, that he was igniting a war between species that rages until this day." Elijah explained. "A war between the species?" Elena asked puzzled. "The vampires and the werewolves." I concluded, looking at Elena. She nodded.  "So Klaus' real father was from a werewolf bloodline? What does that make Klaus? A werewolf? Or a vampire?" She asked curiously as she looked at Elijah. "He's both. A hybrid would be deadlier than any werewolf or vampire. Nature would not stand for such an imbalance of power. Therefore the witches, the servants of nature, saw to it that my brother's werewolf side would become dormant." Well, shit.  "That's the curse that Klaus wants to break?" I questioned wondering. "He wants to trigger that part of him that's a werewolf. If allowed, Klaus would sire his own bloodline. He'd build his own race. Endangering not just vampires, but everyone." "Great. Just great. My future boyfriend is a killer machine. But hey, let's let him break the curse. Why not." I sighed annoyed.  "But you helped him." "I helped him because I loved him. That's changed, now he must die, Elena."  "We have the dagger now. We can stop him."  "When a werewolf is wounded by silver, it heals. An Original can't be killed by anything but white oak ash on a silver dagger. So you see the conundrum. The dagger does not work." He explained. "What, are you saying that Klaus can't be killed?" I exclaimed. "There's one way to kill any supernatural species... at the hands of the servants of nature themselves." "A witch." I concluded. "If they can channel that much power. But it would kill them." Elena said.  "The curse must be broken during the full moon. When Klaus is in transition. That's when he'll be at his most vulnerable. A witch with enough power can kill Klaus." "What if I told you that I knew a witch that could channel that much power?" She told him. Yeah, Elena. Get Bonnie just in more danger. Just saying, she's the one who claims that she isn't allowed to die for her but she is getting her killed!  "Then I would tell you there's one more thing that you should know."  "And what could that possibly be?" I asked curiously, looking at him.

---- England, 1492 ----

"The full moon is tomorrow, brother. After all these centuries, it is finally time." Klaus smiled happy. "I have been to see the witches. They believe they may have found a way to spare the doppelganger." Elijah told his brother. "What does it matter if she lives or not? She's a means to an end that is all." Klaus stated coldly. "What, she should die for your gain?" Elijah asked surprised. "She is human. Her life means nothing."  "I beg you to consider this, brother."  "Are you so foolish as to care for her?"  "Of course not." Elijah lied. "Love is a vampire's greatest weakness, and we are not weak, Elijah. We do not feel, and we do not care." Klaus declared him.  "We did once."

---- Present day ----

"You found a way to save the life of the doppelganger?" Elena asked hopeful. I can imagine she didn't want to die. Who would want to die? Especially because of an Original. "Yes, Elena. I did. But unfortunately, Katerina took matters into her own hands first. I believe you already know how that played out."  "You cared about her, didn't you?" I asked him, giving him a sympathetic look. "It's a common mistake, I'm told. And it's one I won't make again." He swore.
We left the mansion, making our way back to the boarding house. As we entered the boarding house we saw Damon and Stefan fighting.  "Stop!" I yelled and they stopped fighting, looking at us. "Now you've invited him in?" He snapped at Elena. "Elijah and I have renewed the terms of our deal." She said. "Really?" Damon snapped, not believing what Elena just told him. "The two of you will come to no harm at my hands. I only ask for one thing in return." Elijah explained.  "What?" Damon looked at him. "An apology." Elijah smirked.  "A what?" Damon and I exclaimed in sync. Stefan got closer to us. "I'm sorry for the part that I played in your death. I was protecting Elena. I will always protect Elena." Stefan apologized, looking at him. "I understand." He nodded. "Sacrifice is going to happen, Damon. Bonnie will be able to kill Klaus without hurting herself and Elijah knows how to save my life. I told you I'd find another way. And I did." Elena assured him. "Is that true?" "It is." Elijah confirmed.  Damon looked at Elena "And you're trusting him?" A disapproving look on his face.  "I am." She admitted. "You can all go to hell."  Damon left. "I'll follow him." I piped out and went upstairs to Damon's room. "D." I tried talking. "Can you believe it? She's going on a suicide mission!" He exclaimed angry. "D, I know it's hard for you but so it's for Stefan and everyone else who loves her." I tried to reason with him. "It's easy for you to talk. You don't even care about her." He argured.
"You're right. I don't. But I do care  about my brothers. Which means Stefan and you. And if she makes you happy, I'm happy. Just because I don't care about her doesn't mean I'd let her die and let you suffer." I stated.  "Come on." He demands signlaing me to follow him. "Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse." We heard Elijah explain.  "Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus." Stefan inquired. Elijah nodded. "Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it, he'll be a true hybrid."  "Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie." Damon intervened as we reached the library. "Damon..." I warned him. "No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying." Elena stated. "I'll write her a great eulogy." He insisted. "It's not an option, Damon."  "All right, how do we break this curse?" Stefan asked, changing the subject. Clever.  "Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know." "The moonstone."  "A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each." He explained. "And where do I fit into it?" Elena asked obviously. "The final part of the ritual." Elijah continued as he took a wooden box from the shelf. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelganger, to the point of your death." He opened the box and took a jar from it. "And that's where you come in." Elena assured herself. "This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation." "So she'll be dead?" I asked. "And then she won't." He simply answered.  "That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Damon glared, giving Elena a disbelieving look.  "You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?" "Those rings only work on humans. The doppelganger's a supernatural occurrence. Odds are, the ring won't work." Elijah explained calm.  "I'll take those odds over your elixir. What if it doesn't work, Elena?" He looked at her. "Then I guess I'll just be dead." She shrugged. Dick move, Elena. This kind of pissed me off. Damon cared about her and she just screwed him over. Damon looked to Stefan, he just shrugged. Damon turned around, going upstairs again. "Seriously, Elena?!" I snapped at her, glaring.  "What?" "Damon cares about you! Damn it! I know he has done a lot of bad things but hell he is trying to protect you! To save you! I know he doesn't show any emotion but Elena come on, every fool can see he cares about you and you just keep hurting him. Do you know what you would do to the others? To Stefan? You're just being a selfish bitch." I declared her angry. Who the hell does she think he was?! Elena looked like she was about to cry.  I felt Stefan glaring at me. "Glare all you want Stefan but I'm just saying the truth." I glared at him. "Do we know if Klaus has everything he needs to do this? Does he have a werewolf?" I asked Elijah, turning to face him. "Klaus has been waiting to break this curse for over a thousand years. If he doesn't already have a werewolf, my guess is by tonight, he will." He stated. Great. "Jenna, put the cross-bow down, ok? It's me." I heard Ric's voice coming out of the hallway.  "Stay away from me." Jenna threatend with the cross-bow in her arms. We joined them. "What's going on? Why are you here?!" I asked not happy to see him. "It's me, Lucy, I swear, ok? He let me go. Klaus let me go." Ric explained.  "Prove it." Damon insisted.  Alaric looked at Jenna. "Ok, uh, first night you and I spent together, Jeremy walked in right when I was about to..."  Jenna cut him off. "It's him." She confirmed as he put the cross-bow down. "Why did he let you go?" Stefan asked with a doubtful look in his eyes. "He wanted me to deliver a message. The sacrifice happens tonight." By the time Damon left again. And Elena was gone too.  "Damon, no!" We all heard Elena scream from upstairs. Stefan and I sped upstairs seeing Damon put his wrist in her mouth so she could drink his blood but she didn't want to. Obviously.   Stefan and I pushed Damon away and Elena fell on the floor.  "What did you do?! Huh? What did you do?!" I yelled at him while Stefan went towards Elena. "I saved her life." He looked at Elena. "You're so bent on dying, at least this way I know you'll come back." "You call that saving her life, D?! Damon Salvatore, you just ruined this girl's life!" I yelled at him. How could he do that?! "As a vampire! She'll come back a vampire." Stefan shouted angry at him. "It's better than nothing else." "How could you, of all people, take that choice away from her?" Stefan asked angry. "Go ahead, wish me an eternity of misery. Believe me, you'll get over it." He said coldly as he looked at her.  In the next second Stefan rushed over Damon and pushed him.  "Stefan!"  Damon took  a wooden stick and was about to push it into Stefan but instead.. "No!" I rushed over to him taking Stefan's place. "Admit it. You just wish you had the balls to do it yourself." Damon spat looking over to him.
Oh, god. It hurt so much. "Get out of here!" Elena yelled at him, crying.  "What the hell's going on?" Alaric asked arriving, Jenna following him.  "Get him out of here!" Alaric walked towards Damon but he pushed him away, got  up and left. "Oh, my God." Jenna called out horrofied at the sight of me. "God, it hurts. Help." I hissed.  "Ok, Jenna, downstairs are some blood bags. Go get them now. Go!" Ric commanded. She left. Elena and Stefan removed the big ass stake. "It's ok. It's ok. You're going to be okay." Stefan assured me. "I'm sorry, Stef." I apolgized." "Sh, it's okay. You just saved my ass." He thanked me in his own way. Jenna entered the room, with a blood bag, handing it over to me. I ripped it open and let the blood float down my throat. I felt my wound healing. "I'm going to kill him." I hissed angry, getting up and walking towards the door. "I'm sorry you had to see me like this Jenna." I apologized before leaving the room. "Damon Salvatore, if I'd be you, I'd better start running, you fucking asshole are as sure as dead!" I yelled.

// Wow. I got a little carried away. Whoops. :D Hope you enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44K 1.4K 11
*Soulmate AU* "I know this isn't the most ideal situation and that none of you expected to have to share me..." Taylor starts hesitantly. "...and I k...
26.5K 548 50
I do not own these characters, rights go to Julie Plec. This doesn't have any supernatural creatures. This is a story between Klaus Mikaelson a...
126K 2.7K 41
Is it fate or destiny that will bring these two together? ❝You don't know who matters the most in your life, until they're brutally taken from you, a...
222K 6K 79
A dark prophecy follows Sofia Gilbert all the way to New Orleans where more danger awaits her. She was promised a life of adventure and that's just w...