The Highland Girl

Oleh sassycrookshanks

~~~EDITING~~~ Sixteen year old Bonnie Gray lives on a farm in the Scottish Highlands. One autumn evening as B... Lebih Banyak

Prolog
Dasiy's Disappearance
The Boy in the Forest
A Long Walk Back
A Surprise
Morning Mishap
Breakfast
A Trip to Town
Picnic date
Home again
How to get inside
The Night
A Rainy Day
A Ride in the Rain
Guy Fawkes Night
A Change of Weather
Betrayal
Wallace's Wronging
The Search
The Truth
Seven Apples
Wallace's Vision
Bonnie's Back
15 Years Later

Bonnie's Regret

997 47 17
Oleh sassycrookshanks

Wallace POV

She wasn't breathing but I imagined she was just sleeping, I couldn't face the truth that she may be dead I needed her to be okay, she is the only light in my life. She changed my life and if she is gone... I couldn't even think what would happen if she was dead. I was walking through the forest in the dead of night, still dark and cold. I needed to take Bonnie to a warm shelter and a doctor, I didn't know anything about medicine. Another clap of lightning struck the ground and a flash of light blinded my eyes, I almost dropped Bonnie but caught her again and put her down. I needed to stop for a minute until I could regain my sight. I picked her up again and walked further up the hills. My arms were getting tired and so were my legs. I looked up and saw that up a head a little further the trees stopped and there was a little shine of light. My hopes jumped up and I ran out of the forest, with Bonnie safely in my arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bonnie's POV

"What..?"

"How did you... how did you know?"

"Bonnie I know everything about everyone in the entire world and I just need to know if they are here or not. You came and told the lady at the counter, Grace is her name, that your name was Heather Thorn, she is not me so she didn't know."

As Angelica was talking she had gotten up and was pacing around the room with her cup of tea. She stopped and looked out the window.

"You came here because you have been quite commendable young lady, woman and men that have been respectful, kind, loyal, worthy and honest come here."

" Where am I Angelica?"

"Bonnie my dear, you are in 'The land of the Angels', where after time you will grow wings and you will live here for the rest of eternity, unless you lie to me once more where I will banish you to 'The land of the Forgotten'. Now Bonnie, love. Why did you lie to Grace and I?"

When Angelica finished saying this she turned around and looked at me, waiting for an answer.

"Well, i didn't know where I was, and she wanted details that i wouldn't just give out to any person who asked for them."

"Bonnie, Grace told you that she needed them to give them to She, being myself, didn't she."

"Angelica, yes she did but I didn't know who She was so I lied."

"I understand now. Anything else to spill..?"

"Please do Bonnie, remember who I am."

"The other reason is..."

I hesitated and sighed.

"It's because I,"

"...I wasn't finished living."

I looked down at the floor, saying that reminded me of Wallace and I smiled then I remembered he left me, my eyes started to get red and puffy and a single tear slowly rolled down my face followed by another and one more.

"Bonnie why, why weren't you finished living?"

Angelica flew to sit next to me her voice soft and dreamy.

"I wanted to see Wallace once more... He left me."

"Wallace, yes I know him. The boy from Edinburgh..?"

I nodded my head.

"What happened sweetie?"

"Well we were at a bonfire and I fell asleep then when I woke he wasn't next to me. He was gone, He probably left to go back home when I was sleeping."

"Honey, do you want to see where he is now?"

I nodded.

"Come now."

Angelica had her arms spread wide and I hugged her and she hugged me back. She was so calm and soothing, I felt better already. Then she picked me up and started to fly out of this room and she flew up more stairs took a left then came to a cozy room with a medium basin filled with water, she put me down and landed gracefully next to me. Angelica closed her eyes and raised her arms and said...

"Bona quibus unus ait ostende mihi."

when she said this the water rippled and showed a young handsome man holding a young lady who looked quite beaten up and was covered in mud. I saw this and started to sob into my hands, my knees hit the floor.

"What have I done!"

I cried in despair through all my sobs.

"If I never left and just stayed there he wouldn't be carrying my cold, lifeless, hurt and broken body around!"

"He wouldn't be freezing, he wouldn't be crying, he wouldn't be hurt!"

I shouted through my sobs.

"I love him..."

I whispered.

"It's my fault if her gets sick and dies!"

I felt guilt enter my body. I called him a liar, I said he betrayed me I threw away the necklace he bought for me, the only thing to remind me of him. I said he had no soul. Even if I was alive I don't deserve him. I was such a horrible person, I hurt him and myself just because I skipped to conclusions!

"I,"

"I just,"

"Bonnie what, you just..."

"I just want to go back and kiss him and pretend like nothing ever happened!"

"But, but now I'm dead and I'll never see him again!"

I screamed into my palms that were now so wet because of all my tears.

"Bonnie, if you really want to, you can go back..."

Angelica's soft voice chimed in my ear as she rubbed my back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wallace's POV

When I was out of the forest, the light grew bigger, it was lot's of candle's in her house. Maybe I should just leave her in front of the house and stay in the barn with the sheep..? Or should I introduce myself? No. I'll leave her bang on the door loudly and run then hide behind that tree over there. So I placed her down and banged on the door very loudly, I heard footsteps so I ran as fast as I could, but my almost fixed leg couldn't run any longer and I fell on the grass and rolled down the hill.

"Hey!"

Someone shouted at me. Someone came running after me, I was so tired and felt so dizzy after rolling down a hill that I just lay there waiting for the person to get to me.

"Was it you who put our girl in front of our house?"

It was a man, must be Bonnie's father. Unable to speak, due to the fact that if I opened my mouth I would vomit, I nodded.

"Thank you, sir, you look cold and sick. Please, come inside, you found our daughter and we want to help you."

The kind man helped me up and I couldn't hold it in any longer I vomited. He saw that I couldn't walk and picked me up, he brought me to the cottage and sat me down on a chair. A woman, who looked about 30, was in the room with a candle stick, and a plate of rice and fish on the side was sitting in front of me.

"Please eat."

The woman said, she looked worried.

"So, what's your name?"

"My name is Wallace."

"Wallace, where did you find our daughter, and how did you know who she is?"

"Well, I umm... I found her I the forest, half her body in a river and the other half in the mud. I was walking trying to find my horse when I saw a girl so I ran up to her I picked her up and saw light. I didn't know who's girl she was but I figured that this was the only light around and they may know the girl and return her to her parents the next day. It was lucky that you are her parents."

I lied, unconvinced they believed me due to the look on their faces.

"Why did you try to run away when you banged on the door..?"

Bonnie's father asked.

"I, uh, I don't know?"

"Well... You can stay the night I guess."

He told me, a small boy that I recognized as Marcus, Bonnie's yonder brother came down the stairs.

"Mummy, Daddy why are you here?"

"We're talking to this young gentleman who found Bonnie in the forest."

"Him?"

Marcus pointed at me.

"Yes sweetheart, now don't point at people it's rude."

"I saw him in Bonnie's room once, they were on her bed, kissing."

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/N Hey, told you it wouldn't be too long. Any way I hope you like it, keep reading, love you ❤. Next ones coming soon.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.1K 341 12
***A forbidden romance, mystery-thriller short story*** Due to depression, anxiety and financial issues the 20 year old Arlen stumbles across a fores...
49.1K 1.2K 10
Princess of the Highlands Trilogy Book 1 ~~~ A TIME OF DARKNESS Six years since the Danes invaded Scotland, slaying her finest men. Five since the H...
148K 7.7K 54
New edited version out now!!! I highly recommend reading that one instead, as this was the very first rough write of this story! As an alien invasion...
449K 15.9K 19
1540, Scotland A storm is brewing on the Highlands... When headstrong and stubborn Gavin MacKenzie is driven to seek vengeance after the murder of hi...