Bones Sister // Jack Hodgins

By NaomiTheWriterr

Naomi Brennan is Dr. Temperance Brennan's sister. She gets called in when her sister finally gets stumped on... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
A/n
A/n 2
A/n 3
12
13
I got Twitter
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
A/n
24
Epilogue

25

4.2K 64 13
By NaomiTheWriterr

Naomi's pov

"Naomi." I heard Temperance's voice. I looked up and saw her standing across from my table.

"Temperance, hey." I said getting out of my thoughts.

"You wanted to talk." She said sitting down across from me. I nodded.

"I want to come back to work. I can't keep staying on Booths couch forever." I said smiling at her. She nodded.

"Ok. Do you want to start now? I'm about to head to the lab anyway." She asked. I nodded smiling. She grabbed her coffee and I followed her to her car.

"So what changed?" She asked as we drove.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"After everything that happened, what made you want to come back?" She asked. I looked over at her.

"Honestly. I want to be with Jack, we haven't been in the best place since we lost the baby. I can't just leave without him you know, I love him." I said. She nodded.

"Your making a good decision then, coming back to him. You deserve to be happy." Temperance said and I smiled at her. We arrived and got out. Once we got inside to the lab I went to my old office, which happened to be next to Jack's. I had to walk by my office to get to mine. So when I did I stopped and looked in and saw him back facing me. He was using some kind of machine. I smiled at him and kept walking to my office. I looked around and saw everything was the same. I looked at my picture frames which was of me and Jack and some of Temperance and I. I slipped on my lab coat and herd someone knock on my door. I turned and saw Booth.

"Hey Booth, what's up?" I asked.

"Nothin just saw you and decided to come say hi. Are you coming back to work then?" He asked. I nodded.

"Ya I figured I should just get back to work and do something instead of sleeping on your couch." I said. He laughed.

"I don't mind you staying on my couch." He said. I chuckled.

"Ya I know but I need to get off the couch and do something." I said.

"More like see someone." He said. My smile dimmed a bit.

"It's not what you think." I said lying. I don't know why but I felt as if I was disappointing Booth by letting Jack back into my life.

"Then why did you come back?" He asked.

"Because I love my job." I said. He nodded leaving my office. I sighed and put on my ID and went out and saw the Skeleton with no head. Dr. Addy was already analyzing the bones.

"Find anything interesting Dr.Addy?" I asked. He looked up.

"Dr.Brennan, its... nice to see you." He said.

"But yes if interesting means finding clues. Your inferences of the murder weapon being a guillotine was correct. The bodies fat content around the neck was to large for the hole of a normal sailed guillotine so it was dropped multiple times on the victim." He said. I nodded.

"Zack! I am officially King of the Lab!" I heard Jacks voice. I turned along with Dr.Addy. Jack came up the stairs and stopped seeing me. Our eyes met and everything seemed to just stop.

I looked away And cleared my throat. He looked away.

"What did you find Dr. Hodgins?" Zack asked.

"Well... I uh found pieces of metal and wood that were on the ground at the scene, now I know that dark oak and steel were used to create our guillotine, dark oak trees are only found in the rural parts of Washington were a certain metal factory is. Guess which one of our suspects works in a metal factory?" He said. I smiled nodding. I was impressed.

"Therefore I am king of the lab." He said. I chuckled and and Dr.Addy left to tell Temperance of Jacks findings.

I felt Jacks gaze on me continue.

"You know it's impolite to stare." I said and looked over at him.

"I didn't know you were coming back." He said coming closer towards me. If I was going to be completely honest I was still a little weary he would hurt me again. So I was tense as he came forward.

"Well, I can't live on a couch for the rest of my life so ya, I'm back." I said. He nodded.

"Well uh, it's.. it's good to have you back." Jack said and turned back to his office. I sighed and looked back down and the skeleton and studied it. For hours on end I looked at it. Looking at every inch of it to see what I could have missed.

"Naomi." I heard Jacks voice. I looked up at him.

"Yes?" I asked.

"It's 8 o'clock, do you uh, do you need a ride back to Booths?" He asked. He seemed hurt that I wanted to be there. But in fact it was the opposite.

"No actually.. I was uh.." I felt so nervous just trying to say I wanted to come back.

"No I'm going to walk." My mouth said before my brain could register what I said. He looked down and nodded leaving. I hit my hand on my forehead. Stop Him!

"Wait no Jack!" I called out and walked closer to him. He stopped.
"No that's not what I want, I don't know why I said that. I want.. I want to come back.. home with you." I said. I looked down at my hands and then back up to see his reaction. All he did was smile and nod. I picked up my bag and walked with him back to his car. We got in and drove back home in silence. Which was quite comfortable.

When we got back I saw the house was a lot messier than it usually was.

"Sorry about the house I haven't really cleaned in a while." He said picking up some of the trash. It was because of me. I thought.

"It's ok. I'm just going to go to my room for a second." I said and went back to my room, before I had moved into his. The sheets were messy and some picture of Jack and I on the bed. It was of the time we spent Christmas together, he kissed my cheek and I took the picture. I smiled at it and set it on the side table. Jack was in the entrance of my room.

"Ya I kinda staying in here for a while after you left. Sorry about the sheets." He said. I smiled at him.

"It's ok, I'm just surprised you still have this picture." I said showing it to him. He blushed.

"Ya well I kept all of the pictures you took of us." He said rubbing his neck. I smiled.

"I'm going to go to bed, I'll see you in the morning, possibly it is Friday and Saturday we have off so-"

"I know what day it is Jack." I said and he smiled and nodded.

"Right. Well goodnight." He said. I told him goodnight and changed into some of my pajamas and pulled up my covers going to sleep.

WhAt I didn't count on was the thunderstorm that decided to roll up in the middle of the night. I woke up to the sound of cracking thunder and lighting flashes. I couldn't sleep. I stayed up and sat there wondering how Jack could sleep through this. I heard another boom of thunder and I jumped.

That's it I can't deal with this. I got up and upended my door, Jacks room was across the hallway. I slowly opened his door and slipped in closing it. He was passed out. One side was thankfully big enough for me to slip in. I got under the covers and jack moved a bit. His face was close to mine. His eyes slightly cracked open.

Naomi? What's wrong?" He asked immediately waking up sitting up. He had no shirt on. Thank the dark he couldn't see my blush.

"Nothing, nothing I just couldn't sleep so I thought I could.. never mind I'm sorry for waking up." I said getting up. His hand rested on my hand.

"No no.. it's ok really." He said and I laid back down. He looked at me as we laid there.

"Are you ok?" He asked. I nodded.

"Now I am." I said and turned my back to him and closed my eyes hoping I sleep. But the next thing I knew Jacks arms took my waist and pulled me close to him.

"I won't let the thunder hurt you." He whispered and I smiled to myself and closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

When I woke up I saw Hodgins still asleep. I giggled and got up to get some food. I made a pot of coffee. I turned on the tv and watched cartoons. This is it. My new life. Me Hodgins and possibly a new baby Dunn img around. Who knows?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 3K 39
On her 29th birthday, Eliza Carlisle meets one SSA Aaron Hotchner. The catch? Eliza happens to be Emily Prentiss' beautiful, rich, learned younger si...
41.9K 679 38
Hi my name is Catherine and I'm 17 years old. My twin brother is Cameron Dallas.... he's one of those brothers where he'll hurt you if you hurt me. I...
95 0 19
Lexie maris is Jonah older sister when she joins the fbi and she fall in love the boy genius